The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 689K
But, with everyone else being so poor surely he has therefore done better than them

Which isn't saying much when the only serious opposition they've both had to overcome has been Leicester City!(And to a lesser extent Tottenham.).

Which isn't saying much when the only serious opposition they've both had to overcome has been Leicester City!(And to a lesser extent Tottenham.).

But LVG, Pellegrini, Mourinho etc are all even further away so surely they have done worse especially with the cash of both manchester sides

Premier League over, Leicester, one of the biggest achievements in sporting history.

Tinker man busting all the myths and excuses used by other clubs.

1. No need of 2-3 years to implement their philosophy. He altered his tactics to suit his team. Van Gaal should be ashamed to use that as an excuse.

2. Never used **** excuse like "it's not his team", the one Liverpool fans use to defend Klopp. Most of the players used were there when he signed and IIRC only Kante, Okazaki and Fuchs are the players signed this season (with signed I mean signed and played regularly). Even Okazaki has shared his games with other players.

3. No need to spend big like Wenger used it for years. Even Jose this season sulked that he didn't get his targets and here we have a manager who is showing how it's done with scraps and rejects.

Schmeichel was sort of Leeds reject, sold him against his wish.
De Laet, Simpson, Drinkwater were ManUtd rejects and never had any chance of making it at United.
Schlupp didn't impress our coaches when he was on trial 2 seasons back.
Mahrez was playing in French league 4th divison 2-3 years back.
Vardy was in non league few seasons back.
Huth didn't get game for Stoke last season, so was sent on loan to Leicester City.
Albrighton was Aston Villa reject.

Like you said, if Leicester win the league then it will rank as one of the best sporting achievement.

If I'm not mistaken, Iamauser called it last year by saying Leicester would win the league.

Which reminds me-need to see him about getting Saturday's lottery numbers

Last edited:
The shortlists for PFA player of the year and young player of the year have been announced, was wondering who people think should win both awards?

For me player of the year is really close one to call between well just about all of them, its between Mahrez and Kante for me and as spectacular as Mahrez has been Kante is the real unsung hero of that Leicester team and is the player they will miss the most if any of there star players are sold in the summer. Thing is you could make a case for all of them so wouldn't begrudge it to any of them.

Young player for me has to be Alli, 1 because I think it should be someone under 21 but he has been a revelation for club and country, also some of his goals have been goals we all scored on the school playground or on FIFA the one against Palace being the standout one.

Anyway theres my picks what about everyone else?

The shortlists for PFA player of the year and young player of the year have been announced, was wondering who people think should win both awards?

For me player of the year is really close one to call between well just about all of them, its between Mahrez and Kante for me and as spectacular as Mahrez has been Kante is the real unsung hero of that Leicester team and is the player they will miss the most if any of there star players are sold in the summer. Thing is you could make a case for all of them so wouldn't begrudge it to any of them.

Young player for me has to be Alli, 1 because I think it should be someone under 21 but he has been a revelation for club and country, also some of his goals have been goals we all scored on the school playground or on FIFA the one against Palace being the standout one.

Anyway theres my picks what about everyone else?

Pretty much summed it up for me too mate!

I just can't separate those two for Leicester though.....So close to going for Mahrez but Kante is the blueprint of my favourite type of player haha

Last edited:
Not seen the lists but Mahrez and Ali sound good to me.

No £terling on the young players? Shocked .....

I just can't separate those two for Leicester though.....So close to going for Mahrez but Kante is the blueprint of favourite type of player haha

Yeah I am the same love me a top class DM, Blame too much Serie A as a child

Ok, just seen the young players. Joke that Coutinho is up there. And Barkely. But that sums up most awards. Popularity votes in the main.

I'll change Alli to Kane.

So Mahrez the senior. Kane the young player.

Yeah I am the same love me a top class DM, Blame too much Serie A as a child

Gattuso, Cambiasso, De Rossi etc, can't beat them! Chuck in Albertini too lol.

Also, I think 'Young player of the year' should be under 22 or something. Old enough to be out of the U21s but not that long lol

Last edited:
Gattuso, Cambiasso, De Rossi etc, can't beat them! huck in Albertini too lol.

Also, I think 'Young player of the year' should be under 22 or something. Old enough to be out of the U21s but not that long lol

Yeah for sure, its crazy when you think about it how far Serie A has fallen since then. Every Saturday I would watch the preview show with James Richardson always reading Gazzeto Della Sport in some swanky Italian coffee house and then Football Italia every sunday. The amount of top class players in that league back then was unreal, I really hope they come back one day soon, be great for UCL to have strong Italian teams again.

Yeah for sure, its crazy when you think about it how far Serie A has fallen since then. Every Saturday I would watch the preview show with James Richardson always reading Gazzeto Della Sport in some swanky Italian coffee house and then Football Italia every sunday. The amount of top class players in that league back then was unreal, I really hope they come back one day soon, be great for UCL to have strong Italian teams again.

Ah mate it used to be so good! I used to buy Calcio Italia magazine as often as I could which was only sold in WH Smiths, around 25 miles from where I lived haha.

One of my favourite pictures ever in there was Capello, sat on a touchline for I think Juve, with THE MOST smug look on his face ever. I found it far more hilarious than I should have for some reason.

He reminded me of Father Cencini from Father Ted.

I just can't separate those two for Leicester though.....So close to going for Mahrez but Kante is the blueprint of my favourite type of player haha

Yeah should be among the 2. Leicester have improved a lot defensively in the last few games but it's easy to forget now how good Mahrez was and how important his contribution was at the start. He was ridiculously good. I think he will win it as the voting would be done at end of feb and he was in very good form till then.

Gattuso, Cambiasso, De Rossi etc, can't beat them! Chuck in Albertini too lol.

Young player of the year should be changed completely. By 23, most players are already established in the first teams, cut off age should be 21 or less.

Milner won young player of the year when he was 24 *facepalm*

Young player of the year should be changed completely. By 23, most players are already established in the first teams, cut off age should be 21 or less.

Milner won young player of the year when he was 24 *facepalm*

Yeah I agree and Harry Kane is nominated for both awards I think that should not happen either imo

Yeah I agree and Harry Kane is nominated for both awards I think that should not happen either imo

Also the awards are joke though, in 2011-12 season Kyle Walker won the award when Aguero was nominated. Aguero scored more than 20 league goals that season.

Great end to the game. 2-2 is a decent result after going 2-1 down and down to 10 men.

Back