The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 689K
Another ref masterclass this season by Dean!

Far be it from me to praise that idiot, but I thought he got all that incident right.

Waited to give Alli the advantage to see what happened. Then blew it back for the foul. Used his discretion under the changed rules to deem that it was a foul and not attempting to play the ball so the double jeopardy doesn't come into effect and consequently walked Redmond.

The only question was whether it started outside the area but everything else I thought he was sound on. Shrugs.

Far be it from me to praise that idiot, but I thought he got all that incident right.

Waited to give Alli the advantage to see what happened. Then blew it back for the foul. Used his discretion under the changed rules to deem that it was a foul and not attempting to play the ball so the double jeopardy doesn't come into effect and consequently walked Redmond.

The only question was whether it started outside the area but everything else I thought he was sound on. Shrugs.
Defo outside the area. He's another Muppet ref that likes to be centre of attention! The way he ran and stood over the peno spot then leant over and pointed at it was comical. Refs this season are absolute shocking, and costing results with there *****. How there not held accountable is beyond me. And I think it's wrong they don't get interviewed. Didn't even mention it at the time but we was denied 3 clear peno against Sunderland.

You also got the game changing second when Sunderland were still in the game that was clearly offside so you can't realy have many complaints from Monday.

You also got the game changing second when Sunderland were still in the game that was clearly offside so you can't realy have many complaints from Monday.
The third was offside not the second. And there player should of seen red when Mky was brought down through on goal.

Last edited:
The third was offside not the second. And there player should of seen red when Mky was brought down through on goal.

Was Metal Mickey's the third? Thought it was the second. My bad.

But off recent memory for balance you could look at Rojo not walking in two straight away's that change the game completely at 0-0. Point being that they invariably even themselves out over the course of a year. Good and bad.

Contrary to Mourinho's bleating not too long back, Utd are no more hard done to/ unlucky than most other teams.

Its not about holding referee's accountable. The game is just so fast these days that to expect refs to be making consistently right decisions every single time is maddening. Instead of punishing them or holding them to account, we should really be trying to make their job easier by introducing video decisions etc.

Was Metal Mickey's the third? Thought it was the second. My bad.

But off recent memory for balance you could look at Rojo not walking in two straight away's that change the game completely at 0-0. Point being that they invariably even themselves out over the course of a year. Good and bad.

Contrary to Mourinho's bleating not too long back, Utd are no more hard done to/ unlucky than most other teams.
I wasn't try to turn this into a Ref vs Utd and how we've been hard done by debate. As I stated on many occasion that we've had decisions go in our favour. But the mistakes the refs are making are seriously changing games and in the end having a big say in results with there poor officiating. Don't know why Mou has been brought into this as I was talking about how it effecting all managers. Was not complaining about Utd as such.

Its not about holding referee's accountable. The game is just so fast these days that to expect refs to be making consistently right decisions every single time is maddening. Instead of punishing them or holding them to account, we should really be trying to make their job easier by introducing video decisions etc.
I 100% agree! And glad there starting testing and by all accounts it's going well. But some decisions are absolute shockers and glaringly obvious even when the ref has been there looking directly at the incidents.

What the **** is wrong with those Hull defenders?
You are supposed to be professional footballers?

Why the **** would you stand there, throwing your hands up and looking around for a reason that the opponent has the ball??
Go tackle him you useless ****.

Unrelated but never in a million years will I understand why Birmingham sacked Gary Rowett to appoint Zola.

Next years Christmas fixture dates.

Next Christmas should be interesting!
Gary Lineker ‏@GaryLineker 7h7 hours ago
If you think this PL holiday fixture list is mad, here's next year: December 16/20/23/26/30 January 1. World Cup follows. Utterly Bonkers.

Only the 5 in 2 weeks. Nice.

Of course we still need to see Chelsea's separate schedule .....

Quite the disparity the last week or so:

[TABLE="width: 724"]
[TR="bgcolor: #E0E0E0"]
[TH="bgcolor: transparent"]Hours taken to play all three festive matches[/TH]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]Hours taken from the start of a team's first game to the end of their third game[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]1[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]Chelsea[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]223[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="bgcolor: #F1F1F1"]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]2[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]Watford, Crystal Palace[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]201.5[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]3[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]Swansea[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]199[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]4[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]Arsenal, Bournemouth[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]198.75[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]5[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]Stoke[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]172.75[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]6[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]West Ham[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]172.5[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]7[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]Man Utd[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]172.25[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]8[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]Burnley, Everton, Sunderland, Tottenham, West Brom[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]170[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]9[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]Hull, Man City[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]167.75[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]10[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]Leicester, Middlesbrough[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]167.5[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]11[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]Liverpool[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]143.75[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]12[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]Southampton[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: transparent"]117[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Last edited:

Leicester City– Verified account ‏@LCFC

yH5BAEKAAEALAAAAAANAAwAAAILjI+py+0Po5y0ngIAOw==

BREAKING: #lcfc have reached an agreement with KRC Genk for the permanent transfer of Wilfred Ndidi: [url]http://leic.it/2j0JzBi [/URL]#WelcomeNdidi

9:00 am - 3 Jan 2017
337 RETWEETS311 LIKES.

And the knee jerk PL bollocks continues .....

..... Mike Phelan sacked from Hull.

Ridiculous.

Last edited:
Scouse will be drooling at this London derby so far.
Looks like Costa is going kill Pedro XD

Back