The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 689K
BBC Sport
@BBCSport

Southampton club captain Jose Fonte has handed in a transfer request.http://bbc.in/2iFr3lc
4:01 PM - 5 Jan 2017

Guess that puts to bed thoughts of Van Dijk leaving then.

Interesting, wonder where his offer is coming from, as he clearly must have a club wanting him to do this. To be fair to Fonte he has been very loyasl to Southampton and been with them a long time. I think if anyone deserves one last career change it's him, plus at his age it's kind of last chance saloon.

Interesting, wonder where his offer is coming from, as he clearly must have a club wanting him to do this. To be fair to Fonte he has been very loyasl to Southampton and been with them a long time. I think if anyone deserves one last career change it's him, plus at his age it's kind of last chance saloon.

So long as he's out the side the league cup he can go where he wants. :D.

Putting this here as it pertains to all football fans .....

Another great Wrap show with a lad from one of Celtics main fan groups about rail seats and the massive benefit it's had at Parkhead. Great that we're even having the discussion finally in England but I sadly doubt we'll ever go back to standing areas. (I certainly know L'pool never will for obvious reasons as much a many would love us to.). The cost to convert grounds and then clubs having to drop prices down in those areas will probably never ever ultimately fly with the greed of clubs down here. From someone who but for the grace of God was lucky not to pay the ultimate price following my team I'm 100% behind the return of safe standing FWIW. Clubs used the safety aspect as a convenient excuse to print money by switching to seats back the '90's. Which most people still stand in regardless. Completely against safety regulations. But more often than not when they need the support, the clubs completely turn a blind eye to it. The hypocrisy over this issue with football clubs is sickening.

Anyway, as they've put this one out free and I can share it's well worth the half hours listen:

https://audioboom.com/posts/5467875-midnight-caller-safe-standing-celtic-now-anfield-next

Last edited:
so any 1 seen that poll about gay footballers saying about 8% of fans would stop going to see there team if thay signed a player that was openley gay would it bother any 1 on this forum if there team did sign a gay player?

so any 1 seen that poll about gay footballers saying about 8% of fans would stop going to see there team if thay signed a player that was openley gay would it bother any 1 on this forum if there team did sign a gay player?

Whomever that 8% of people are they have WAY more problems than anyone they're discriminating against. They need to take a SERIOUS look at themselves.

Absolutely ridiculous that this is still even an issue in 2017. And to society's complete detriment that players have to live a lie rather than suffer at the hands of the neanderthals by coming out.

That would be a big *** N O! to the question in case I left it ANY doubt.

when i saw it and it said 8% i could not get my head round it thinking in this day and age how could it be so its like its 1917 not 2017

That is quite a shocking statistic.

I personally dont agree with homosexuality, HOWEVER, would that stop me going to a game? No. Would that make me not talk to a person? No. If its having absolutely no effect on me, why would I care?

In the same way I dont agree with smoking, doesnt mean I treat someone different.

It does amaze me how many people think they can control other peoples lives

That is quite a shocking statistic.

I personally dont agree with homosexuality, HOWEVER, would that stop me going to a game? No. Would that make me not talk to a person? No. If its having absolutely no effect on me, why would I care?

In the same way I dont agree with smoking, doesnt mean I treat someone different.

It does amaze me how many people think they can control other peoples lives

Not to open a can of worms but what does I don't agree with homosexuality mean?

Didn't know where to put so!

FIFPro World XI

Neuer
Alves - Pique - Ramos - Marcelo
Modric - Kroos - Iniesta
Messi - Suarez - Ronaldo

​​

Not to open a can of worms but what does I don't agree with homosexuality mean?

So basically how I see it, whatever you believe, Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Atheist, the most important thing is pro-creation and continuing the human race. However we were made, it was made so life continues with the egg and sperm (never thought I would be saying this on an FM Forum o.O)

Like I said, I have no problem with people who are homosexual, it doesnt bother me in the slightest. Just talking pure survival of the human race.

I wouldn't have Pique or Inesta!
Iniesta is key for Barcelona. Their midfield is in decline and full of workhorses like Rakitic. Their midfield can't function without him! Pique is an all round beast. Not their fault that their manager is incompetent.

Iniesta is key for Barcelona. Their midfield is in decline and full of workhorses like Rakitic. Their midfield can't function without him! Pique is an all round beast. Not their fault that their manager is incompetent.
Dont think either have been better than Vidal or Boateng.

FIFA.com– Verified account ‏@FIFAcom

yH5BAEKAAEALAAAAAANAAwAAAILjI+py+0Po5y0ngIAOw==

Congratulations, @LFC & @BVB!Winners of the FIFA Fan Award #TheBest ?????? [url]http://fifa.to/TheBestLiveBlog [/URL]

9:54 am - 9 Jan 2017
919 RETWEETS586 LIKES.

Iniesta is and has been miles better imo. It's hard to see what he brings to the team. Boateng has been great as well. Not much in it.
Na Vidal been better for me this season. Think Inesta influence is waining in that Barca side. Not his fault. Think there recruitment has been poor tbh.

Na Vidal been better for me this season. Think Inesta influence is waining in that Barca side. Not his fault. Think there recruitment has been poor tbh.

Their squad is terrible. There are players from Liverpool that would even start for them. Iniesta's influence has never been greater. Andre Gomes is nowhere near.

Back