The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 689K
@TBNSport on twitter does some really good funny stuff. And it's not the usual sport/lad/whatever Bible things. Heres the latest post

[h=1]Mark Clattenburg excited to finally work in league where he’s the most famous person[/h]
Saying that he had grown tired of dealing with prima donna footballers who are significantly better-paid and well-known than him, Mark Clattenburg today revealed that he’s looking forward to finally working in a league where he’s the most famous person.

Speaking during a press conference organised to announce his decision to join the Saudi Professional League, the 41-year-old told journalist at the King Abdullah Sports Centre that while he had enjoyed his time refereeing in England, moving to a country in which he would be more famous than the players he’s ruling over had always been an ambition of his.

“Of course, the premier League is a wonderful league with a very high standard. I loved my time there and I want to thank all of those who helped me reach the heights I did. Despite this, I found it increasingly frustrating that people would continually talk more about the players than me, regardless of the situation. I tried to make it all about me, but the fans just never bit,” said Clattenburg, adding that it was particularly annoying to see that – even when he intentionally made awful decisions in big games or booked the wrong player – the footballers would inevitably get more coverage afterwards.

“Saudi Arabia is a fascinating country to me; it has a unique culture and a growing football scene with a large fanbase. Most importantly however, I’m way more famous than any of the footballers here and, as far as I know, I’m going to be getting paid a lot more than any of them as well. There’s so much competition for publicity in England but these people are nobodies.”

“I feel like it’s the least I deserve and I look forward to fighting off throngs of fans every time I leave my home,” he added.

At press time, Clattenburg admitted that while it will no doubt be a challenge, he has confidence in his ability to act in an even more fame-hungry and attention-grabbing way in Saudi Arabia.

thats some funny ****

They grab you with the headlines, this is one of my favorites

TBN Sport ‏@TBNSport Feb 11
God admits belief in Lionel Messi helps him get through each day

And they have digs at all clubs

Jose Mourinho admits getting sick thrill out of Luke Shaw thinking he has future under him. "Somehow he continues to believe he’ll be given a fair chance at left-back. He keeps going, it's a welcome laugh."

Theo Walcott urges Arsenal teammates to start pulling their weight and his

TBN Sport ‏@TBNSport Feb 9
FA releases new guidelines for not taking concussions seriously. The report, released today, includes advice on how to “run it off”, “shake it off”, “toughen up” and “push through”.

View attachment 104632

Sor Bobby would have been 84 today, legend if the game and by all accounts an absolute gent. But this statement sums up what football is to me, it absolutely nails it. Going in the stand at Leeds as a 7 year old and just being absolutely wide eyed not being fully able to comprehend what was happening. 20 odd years later and I'm still there!

Anyway Bobby was loved wherever he managed, even in Barcelona. Anyone who had dealings with him usually only had positive things to say, the game needs more people like Sir Bobby imo.

Theres was a time his early days I had Harry Kane pegged as just a poacher. Man was I totally wrong on that. Lad's the closest thing to Shearer England have had since Shearer IMHO. SO many facets to his game with the single minded determination to always keep working harder than anyone else to not only keep himself at the very top level but better his game.

Theres was a time his early days I had Harry Kane pegged as just a poacher. Man was I totally wrong on that. Lad's the closest thing to Shearer England have had since Shearer IMHO. SO many facets to his game with the single minded determination to always keep working harder than anyone else to not only keep himself at the very top level but better his game.

One thing Poc has really brought on is his link up play and his ability to drop deep.

One thing Poc has really brought on is his link up play and his ability to drop deep.

Everythng mate. His hold up play. His ability to run the channel. And the intelligence to know when to pull someone out there to create space. He's so multi-faceted and seems to of improved every time you see him.

Last edited:
I miss understand somehow..hard weekend. I just read somewhere about Spurs team and how good they are and messed your post with it.
And then just wondering how they lost to **** Gent in EL.

But you are right on Shearer and Kane comparison. Have thought the same. Maybe only thing missing is Shearer drive and passion?
Havent seen much Shearer tbh, watched some old games and docs.

I personally think he is definitely out of the Shearer mould although Shearer probably the better/more natural finisher of the two. But I think Kane has more to his all round game as me and Scouse both alluded too.

Some good news from different league. Also didn't know that Bayern has done this before to other clubs also, one of them was Dortmund.

FC Bayern announce that they will financially help amateur club FC Teutonia, whose clubhouse has been completely burned down

C5Guzp1WIAAKTEJ.jpg

to be fair bayern allwas help dortmund out with money thay just buy there best player off them

On of the best strikers right now still went there free.
But jokes aside, didn't know this:
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/may/02/bayern-munich-dortmund-champions-league

Dortmund tell it slightly different that the loan (which came with a high rate of interest not surprisingly), played little part in keeping them from all but going to the wall the year after: SoccerAmerica - Dortmund CEO: Bayern Loan Did Not Save Us 05/03/2013

Seems a great gesture regardless on Bayern's behalf. (Even if they did get well compensated ultimately for it.). And you're NEVER gonna' get anyone in Dortmund speaking well of the club they hate more than anyone. (And trust me when I say it's outright hatred. Man alive they fair 'love' Schalke compared to what they feel about Munich.).

So make of that whole episode what you will.

**** poor that. Win the league then get sacked 9 months later.

That right there encapsulates EVERYTHING that is wrong with the modern game.

Pardon my language but...I'm ******* disgusted with Leicester right now. Absolutely disgusted. Just sums up everything I hate about football right now. I'm absolutely livid with their treatment of Ranieri.

Leicester as a football club should be absolutely ashamed of themselves. Almost want them to go down now. He did the impossible, NOBODY on this planet could've done what he done. He should have a ******* statue outside that stadium, not given the run.

Back