The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 689K
It's funny how everyone expected Pep to come in and rejuvenate/revolutionize English football, but almost been like it's actually Conte that's done it (system wise anyway).

Utd tried his shape out, Arsenal switched to it, the English national team have been trying it out, heck even Pep himself has tinkered around with it, and now Barca are expected to shape up like this tonight:

DHYPhR9WsAA_FTm.jpg

I'm not saying there was no such thing as 3-5-2 before Conte came along, obviously, but he's definitely brought it back trending with his success with it at Chelsea.
Thats by no means a top Barca side anyone should be fearing anymore.

No, but at least they recognise they have to pack the middle of the park against Madrid now and add some solidarity. Should see a better showing from them. Weakened Madrid too, no Casemiro anchoring

No, but at least they recognise they have to pack the middle of the park against Madrid now and add some solidarity. Should see a better showing from them. Weakened Madrid too, no Casemiro anchoring
First attack Madrid cut through them like a hot knife through butter. Just as impressive despite the changes. Tie over. Asensio world class! The Madrid era is here.

Not only Barca's lineup doesn't look too good, their bench looks more like mid table La Liga team's bench...

That being said, Madrid doesn't have incredible depth either. They sold a lot of players the past few years and don't really buy players for depth.

2-0 Madrid. Benzema. It's like men vs toddlers. Madrid all over them pure domination! Modric best CM in world football. Barca are lucky Ronaldo, Isco, Bale, Casemiro aren't playing :O

Not only Barca's lineup doesn't look too good, their bench looks more like mid table La Liga team's bench...

That being said, Madrid doesn't have incredible depth either. They sold a lot of players the past few years and don't really buy players for depth.
Madrid have serious depth despite selling Rodriguez and Moratta!

Madrid have serious depth despite selling Rodriguez and Moratta!

To be fair, I have kinda been out of the game for the past 2 seasons so I don't really know how good Nacho/Vallejo/Llorente/Ceballos/Vázquez are.

Still, their squad is fairly thin, they have like 20 outfield players in the first team (although again I might be missing some that are technically in Castilla but capable of being first team players).

To be fair, I have kinda been out of the game for the past 2 seasons so I don't really know how good Nacho/Vallejo/Llorente/Ceballos/Vázquez are.

Still, their squad is fairly thin, they have like 20 outfield players in the first team (although again I might be missing some that are technically in Castilla but capable of being first team players).

Madrid's midfield is super strong, but elsewhere they are a little light especially in the attack I feel after selling both Morata and Diaz.

Out of the players you've listed Nacho has been good player for Madrid and bit underrated I feel, Vallejo is considered the next big Spanish CB, Llorente I don't know much but highly rated also, Ceballos was amazing in Euro U21's this summer and Vazquez while not on level of likes of Asensio puts in a shift and is a good squad player.

Not PL related, but Ajax requires season ticket holders of the F-side (let's say the ultra's?) to be atleast at 11 of the 17 home games present at their seats. To prevent half empty stadium and because there is a 10 year waiting list for season tickets. The ticketholders are allowed to let their family/friends go on their ticket.

Would that be something you'd like to see in the PL?

Stoke currently have the most Champions League winners playing in their squad out of all the premier league teams. Fletcher, Bojan, Shaqiri, Jese and Affelly.

If anything, good to see the PL dominating in terms of having the best managers. The elite players mostly playing their trade in La Liga, but we have the elite coaches. Hard to look past someone like Zidane to win the award, but good to see 4 names representing the PL.

27a1.png
➡️
Massimiliano Allegri (ITA - Juventus)
27a1.png
➡️
Carlo Ancelotti (ITA - FC Bayern Munich)
27a1.png
➡️
Antonio Conte (ITA - Chelsea)
27a1.png
➡️
Luis Enrique (ESP - FC Barcelona)
27a1.png
➡️
Pep Guardiola (ESP - Manchester City)
27a1.png
➡️
Leonardo Jardim (POR - AS Monaco)
27a1.png
➡️
Joachim Low (GER - German national team)
27a1.png
➡️
Jose Mourinho (POR - Manchester United)
27a1.png
➡️
Mauricio Pochettino (ARG - Tottenham Hotspur)
27a1.png
➡️
Diego Simeone (ARG - Atlético Madrid)
27a1.png
➡️
Tite (BRA - Brazilian national team)
27a1.png
➡️
Zinedine Zidane (FRA - Real Madrid).

Watching Bayern - Bayer, penalty just awarded after video referee advice. Why isn't this tech in every league that can afford it yet?

Watching Bayern - Bayer, penalty just awarded after video referee advice. Why isn't this tech in every league that can afford it yet?

Exactly why I'm not watching PL this year. It's embarrassment for richest league on the planet not to have video tech.

Jese Rodriguez looks like a good move to Stoke from PSG, even if it is just a loan.

Back