The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 689K
2 quality games for Super Sunday :P

If burnley win this, i win £180. only reason ive even checked the score (6)

EDIT : [FONT=&quot]Burnley just won me £150 nice. [/FONT]#BURCRY[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
26bd.png
1f60e.png
1f911.png
1f60e.png

Last edited:
Parish deserves to go down with Palace.

Hire de Boer because they 'need an evolution over a period of time.'

Sack him after FOUR games. And then turn to the polar opposite and the same mundane, anti-football style they're mired in with that complete, repeatedly failed buffoon, Hodgson.

Complete joke.

Sack him after FOUR games. And then turn to the polar opposite and the same mundane, anti-football style they're mired in with that complete, repeatedly failed buffoon, Hodgson.

Complete joke.
Fecking I know they've had a bad start but what the ****! It wasn't gonna be a quick fix to change Palace and there style. Then top it off with Hodgson. Bet Palace fans are over the moon.

Complete joke.

That's insanely fast to fire another coach. However De Boer has very poor taste in clubs to join. He'd fit way better in Germany or Spain where he could play possesion football instead of trying to change a whole culture of the club, which doesn't even really fit the league's culture.

What a tool! Posted these after the Burnley match :)))

Steve Parish
@CEO4TAG

I think I'm defending everyone at the club who's working their **** off to turn this round. Football teams lose games it happens
Steve Parish
@CEO4TAG

Some sense!We are 4 games in, it's a terrible start but we have to stick together. The Owners, The Players, The Staff

Hodgson best not get to comfy. Saints, City, Chelsea, Utd next 4 games :)

shocking from palace,they knew what he was trying to do when they appointed him.did they really think he could change the style of play fast with the players he had to work with,either give him time or throw a shed load of cash to get more suitable players.have a lot of time for palace but they are a mess

That's the stupidest part. They knew what they were getting when they hired FdB.

Not only they didn't Let the guy do the job they hired him for in the first place, but by replacing him with Woy they changed their enitre longterm strategy...after 4 games.

NUts.

That's the stupidest part. They knew what they were getting when they hired FdB.

Not only they didn't Let the guy do the job they hired him for in the first place, but by replacing him with Woy they changed their enitre longterm strategy...after 4 games.

NUts.
Might change again the next for games ;)

Probably saw their next four games and thought only way were getting points is through hoofball tactics.

Four games. And Premier League teams wonder why they can't compete with the best in Europe

Four games. And Premier League teams wonder why they can't compete with the best in Europe

That is neither here nor there. Chelsea have been the most successful English team in Europe over the past 15 years despite having the highest turnover in managers. The reason we do poorly in Europe is largely due to the lack of a winter break and an extra cup competition.

Sneaky. I see what you did there by going past 15 rather than 16 years.

I kind of like that. :P

That is neither here nor there. Chelsea have been the most successful English team in Europe over the past 15 years despite having the highest turnover in managers. The reason we do poorly in Europe is largely due to the lack of a winter break and an extra cup competition.

I respectfully disagree. The big clubs in England are able to compete to a degree because of their money. However, in just about every other country, there is a reasonable turnover in which clubs qualify for Europe - e.g. Sassuolo qualified for the first time last season, Hoffenheim this season, variation between the Spanish sides like Sevilla, Athletic, Sociedad, Villareal - and perform well.

Mid table PL outfits? Barring an exceptional amount of luck, not much chance of that - even Leicester last year had an easy CL group and then got battered by Sevilla and were fortunate to go through.

The safe midtable PL sides just sign the same players, swap the same managers between one another and wonder why they never get anywhere. The only way any of them qualify for Europe is if one of the big 6 implodes, and then no doubt the next season they will finish low in the PL and fall at the Europa League group stage. Even Southampton, a well run club, failed in this last season.

Sneaky. I see what you did there by going past 15 rather than 16 years.

I kind of like that. :P

What are you on about? I took 15 years to be from the start of the Ambramovich era. By all accounts, we should look behind a shorter number of years in which case, my point still holds.

What are you on about? I took 15 years to be from the start of the Ambramovich era. By all accounts, we should look behind a shorter number of years in which case, my point still holds.

What am I on about?

The 2000's, Chelsea are the 3rd most successful club in Europe from England behind Utd and, hot **** who'd of thought it, those Scouse buggers who apparently just 'live in the past.'

Liverpool have won 4 UEFA trophys (a European Cup/ UEFA Cup and 2 Super Cups)/ Utd 3 (a European Cup/ UEFA Cup and FIFA Club World Cup <for the purpose of this we'll include that), and Chelsea 2. (A European Cup/ UEFA Cup.).

****, in major UEFA finals contested, you don't even come out on top this Century. That would be Liverpool 4 (2 European Cup/ 2 UEFA Cup), level with Utd on 4. (3 European Cup/ UEFA Cup.). With Chelsea next on 3. (2 European Cup/ 1 UEFA Cup.).

So no, your point holds in no fashion. I was being nice to say you took it over the last 15 years as that would take a UEFA Cup and Super Cup off L'pool by a year. But even then you'd lag behind Utd.

Which ever way you cut it, you know, in the actual things that define success, those silvery thingies, Chelsea are by no means the most successful English side in Europe over recent years.

What am I on about?

The 2000's, Chelsea are the 3rd most successful club in Europe from England behind Utd and, hot **** who'd of thought it, those Scouse buggers who apparently just 'live in the past.'

Liverpool have won 4 UEFA trophys (a European Cup/ UEFA Cup and 2 Super Cups)/ Utd 3 (a European Cup/ UEFA Cup and FIFA Club World Cup <for the purpose of this we'll include that), and Chelsea 2. (A European Cup/ UEFA Cup.).

****, in major UEFA finals contested, you don't even come out on top this Century. That would be Liverpool 4 (2 European Cup/ 2 UEFA Cup), level with Utd on 4. (3 European Cup/ UEFA Cup.). With Chelsea next on 3. (2 European Cup/ 1 UEFA Cup.).

So no, your point holds in no fashion. I was being nice to say you took it over the last 15 years as that would take a UEFA Cup and Super Cup off L'pool by a year. But even then you'd lag behind Utd.

Which ever way you cut it, you know, in the actual things that define success, those silvery thingies, Chelsea are by no means the most successful English side in Europe over recent years.

The only thing I care about is Chelsea, Liverpool and United won 1 UCL trophy recently, so that puts them in my eyes on equal footing. If we go a bit back, like 20 years back or more, things start to change, but lets keep it "recent".
I don't agree with the fact that the Europa League is a second tier competition that should not be treated seriously, but let's be honest, neither of the teams above set their objective to win it. Chelsea won it because they F'd up in the group stages of the UCL, and United saw it as an easier route to guarantee UCL football.

If we talk performance, United reached more finals 3, (still talking about recent years), but I'd argue Chelsea has been a bit more consistent, reaching 5 semi's (United 1) and 2 finals.

Last edited:
He wasn't. He was arguing 'success.'

When you start counting anything other than actual trophies in that (and how much more recent can you get than the first two decades of this Century?), then you become a small time outfit.

On the Europa/ UEFA Cup, L'pool certainly set out with their objective to win it in 2000/01. And although Rodgers didn't in 2014/15, it rapidly became that as soon as Klopp arrived 2 group games in. Good luck dealing with the Utd fans on last season.

Good luck dealing with the Utd fans on last season.
I remember you arguing that United should go for it about a year ago, and most United fans saying they should concentrate on the league :D
As I said, the EL was also a biproduct of their failures on the domestic ground. Still a trophy, nonetheless.

Back