The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 689K
I remember you arguing that United should go for it about a year ago, and most United fans saying they should concentrate on the league :D
As I said, the EL was also a biproduct of their failures on the domestic ground. Still a trophy, nonetheless.

Oh, no question. Mike is the only one I can categorically say offhand that was of the same opinion and attitude right from when they qualified for it.

But you know how things get rewritten in here. ;)

ESPN UK
@ESPNUK

Former Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti has his eye on a Premier League club for next season.

In Summary: Bayern could trigger a mid contract release clause on Carlo's contract with Julian Nagelsmann touted as a potential replacement.

Hopefully not another false dawn but made up to see Jordan Ibe getting all the headlines this AM after a super cameo off the bench last night in Bournemouth's first win of the year.

You all but forget he's still a footballer so much as he fallen off a cliff the last few years. Like so many before and doubtless so many still to come, SO frustrating when he's so much natural God-given talent that's just completely wasting away. Don't know if it's an attitude thing or a confidence thing but hopefully, he takes from last night and begins to rebuild it. Still only 21 so it's not like a good career isn't still all there for him.

Not holding my breath but just nice to see a decent lad get the limelight once again.

Last edited:
Really hard to look past City for the title, sadly.

That's never not been the case. By far and away the best squad in the league.

But let's not get carried away so early and crown them in September. They were being dominated and could well have ended up drawing or losing the game last weekend if it had remained 11 vs. 11. Today they do what they can do when they all click. Wallop anyone. But they also have a propensity to slip up unexpectedly.

That's never not been the case. By far and away the best squad in the league.

But let's not get carried away so early and crown them in September. They were being dominated and could well have ended up drawing or losing the game last weekend if it had remained 11 vs. 11. Today they do what they can do when they all click. Wallop anyone. But they also have a propensity to slip up unexpectedly.
People were crowning them champs last season early on. Turned out well. Yes they have a good squad. But still suspect at the back. And not long away from an injury to Kompany and most likely Gundogan. Problem there's always something not far away from blowing up. Like Aguero or Toure in the past. Gonna be really tough keeping everyone happy.

It's impossible to call definitively, but I do think if you finish above the Manchester clubs, you win the title.

People were crowning them champs last season early on. Turned out well. Yes they have a good squad. But still suspect at the back. And not long away from an injury to Kompany and most likely Gundogan. Problem there's always something not far away from blowing up. Like Aguero or Toure in the past. Gonna be really tough keeping everyone happy.

Anyone crowning anyone in September is a fool to be kind.

But when it comes to City, I just don't see anyone close to their playing resources. Even when they're off, they still have that many options that can score 2 or 3 on a side in no time. City's flaws are masked by their ridiculous firepower, Nobody else comes close to that.

Chelsea, L'pool and Utd all have different glaring flaws and all are on a very similar level. Tottenham too if they didn't have Wembley. Arsenal just seem on the road to nowhere to be kind.

But still, the period from November through the NY after the last International will decide the league. What is, something like 14 league games, a couple CL and possibly 2 League Cups? All in less than a two-month period.

Real war of attrition there through the winter.

What's with Tottenham and Wembley?

Man alive this season could set them back. Don't want to be going back WHL on a downer from Wembley.

Felt a bit sorry for Watford after watching MOTD. 2 of Cities first 3 gls were offside. And denied a clear penalty. God knows why there was any disputes between Sterling and Aguero about who takes there peno. Aguero was clearly designated taker. Sterling got his way in the after crying to Pep.

The sooner we have VAR the better. How Spurs never got 2 penalties I never know! Refs seriously robbing team of points and could be of a title challenge or even Prem safety over a season!

David Luiz kicks an opponent in the face, Gets a yellow....

When will we get some consistency?

[FONT=&quot]7/8 won in the 2 from each section.. Burnley you suck! ffs [/FONT]
1f926-200d-2642-fe0f.png
1f926-200d-2642-fe0f.png
1f926-200d-2642-fe0f.png
#BURHUD[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
1f61c.png
1f61c.png
1f61c.png

£5 = £250+

bastards

Think it's still a bit rash tbf. At least keep him until the end of the season when Nagelsmann becomes available? He still probably would've won the league.

Think it's still a bit rash tbf. At least keep him until the end of the season when Nagelsmann becomes available? He still probably would've won the league.
Lot of players not happy with him apparently. Not helping himself either with team selection at times.

Wouldn't be like a bunch of spoilt, overpaid brats to turn on the manager nowadays, would it? :P

If that's the case, I guess it's the only logical decision for the club, even though I'm completely against that sort of thing.

Just amazed all of this happens so much nowadays, little room for error for managers of top clubs, and this man just sits there like:

Arsene-Wenger-smiling-2.jpg

Back