The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 689K
You're playing in a tournament for League One/ Two teams. That goes against the whole concept/ ethos, aside from the English youth thing, to play £32 million first teammers surely? I know the rules afford that, but I don't know why a club would enter and not look to treat it as a purely youth development step?

But anyway, I wasn't actually narking at Chelsea. That was just the example that jumped out last night. As noted, no doubt other PL clubs have done similar. The point, that we both agree on, is how inherently flawed the FL have made this in their mad zeal to try boost the competition with U-23's entry's. (Which I'd be WHOLLY P off to start with where I a supporter of a lower league club but that's a whole other debate.).

Last edited:
You're playing in a tournament for League One/ Two teams. That goes against the whole concept/ ethos, aside from the English youth thing, to play £32 million first teammers surely? I know the rules afford that, but I don't know why a club would enter and not look to treat it as a purely youth development step?

But anyway, I wasn't actually narking at Chelsea. That was just the example that jumped out last night. As noted, no doubt other PL clubs have done similar. The point, that we both agree on, is how inherently flawed the FL have made this in their mad zeal to try boost the competition with U-23's entry's. (Which I'd be WHOLLY P off to start with where I a supporter of a lower league club but that's a whole other debate.).

Leicester did similar Iheanacho and a few others played, its a joke really

Random, but Lewandowski robbed at Ballon d'Or again. The guy has more goals this calendar year than both Messi and Ronaldo and he comes at 9th place? What the **** would be required for him to make top 3, scoring overhead kick from half-line in last minute of World Cup final? I don't' expect him to win but this is bullshit.

Random, but Lewandowski robbed at Ballon d'Or again. The guy has more goals this calendar year than both Messi and Ronaldo and he comes at 9th place? What the **** would be required for him to make top 3, scoring overhead kick from half-line in last minute of World Cup final? I don't' expect him to win but this is bullshit.
The whole things bollocks. What was Hazard 19th :O and Kante 8th or something like that. Isco was far to low and Marcelo.

Ronaldo wasn't even Madrid's most important player, let alone the world's best. Social media means that it's purely down to reputation these days which is a real shame

Don't get me wrong Buffon is an amazing keeper but how did he get 4th?

As he said he's going to retire I can only think the voters are romanticized or something

I will go crazy and say Sterling will be top 3 next year. Will win PL and be CL final with City, reaches over 30 goals in all competition and be very big part in England campaign to semi finals in the summer.

I will go crazy and say Sterling will be top 3 next year. Will win PL and be CL final with City, reaches over 30 goals in all competition and be very big part in England campaign to semi finals in the summer.
XD

Top 3 next season will be Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar in some order. Most likely be like that till Messi and Ronaldo retire.

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong Buffon is an amazing keeper but how did he get 4th?

As he said he's going to retire I can only think the voters are romanticized or something

Yep. He's not even the best keeper in Serie A these days, that would be Handanovic

Say what you like about Moyes, but he's got a really good response from West Ham. Unlucky to not get something from the City game last week, and looks like they're about to beat the champions here.

There's a reason I've never written off Jermain Defoe as a footballer. What a great second goal. Fabulous stuff

Eff that ****! That cost Palace 2 points when so many teams are getting a bounce. Might mean the end for this go around.

Eff that ****! That cost Palace 2 points when so many teams are getting a bounce. Might mean the end for this go around.
I see Benteke's selfish attitude is still about. Cost palace the three points today. How he has the nerve to take the penalty despite the designated penalty taker being on the pitch and management screaming from the sidelines for him to give it up. Thank god Klopp got rid of that useless lump.

Milvojevic was also weak as he obviously knew he should be taking the kick but let Benteke bully him away. "I got this". He just stood behind him with his hands on his hips. Stand up to him and have a bust up in the dressing room after the match. "I am the MFing penalty taker A-hole!" and slap Benteke upside the head to put him in his place. I did not expect a Benteke! Day to go so wrong.

Last edited:
Back