The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 689K
Well, I’m certainly anticipating City pushing us all the way. And L’pool aren’t letting up.

And as mooted previously, if the draw keeps us apart, I wouldn’t rule out meeting in Madrid come June at all. Obviously a lot can happen in straight knock-out European football on the night. But all things being equal these aren’t just the clear best sides in England. They’re well arguably across all of Europe right now too.

We should have a full squad for the first time end of this month. Dinho/Silva/Bryune havent even played a game together yet. ffs. Mendy should make the cup semis and Burnley game at least.

Great to see de Bruyne back. Genuinely missed his brilliance this season.

We’re more or leas aproaching full strength again too.

As gutted as I am to be out of the Cup, which I’d much prefer to be playing in next weekend, the 11 day break and perfect warm weather training Dubai is real handy. Should have Trent, Lovren and Gomez full go for the next game to go alomg with Matip back today stretching resources back there to the limit.

And if Chamberlain can somehow get 5 appearances in before the seasons out .....

There is no way that anyone can seriously defend Salah over that surely? (apart from Scouse obviously). That's not saying he wasn't caught before, but the dive was so badly acted that it was obvious. I'm not biting at anything honestly, wkd posted it not me and in reality it only affects City in the title race no one else anyway.

Yet you never touched the Sterling penalty the other day? Not one penalty you’ve recently narked about wasn’t legit. (Made even more ironic that we hadn’t had one the previous 15 months prior at Anfield.).

And he never made anything of that incident today for the record. Sakho caused all the fuss with his reaction.

The grasping twaddle on social media about Salah being a diver is just that.

Last edited:
Yet you never touched the Sterling penalty the other day? Not one penalty you’ve recently narked about wasn’t legit. (Made even more ironic that we hadn’t had one the previous 15 months prior at Anfield.).

And he never made anything of that incident today for the record. Sakho caused all the fuss with his reaction.

The grasping twaddle on social media about Salah being a diver is just that.

I didn't even see the game probably so I don't remember it.

Nice swerve.

How can I comment on a penalty when I didn't see whether Sterling dived or not? You obviously will stick up for Salah but I'm not the only one questioning his antics lately. As you can see from all over twitter as well. I have nothing against him on a personal level, he's a generous man who does a lot for the vulnerable by all accounts.

You were exactly the same over Suarez pal until he left your club and then it was a completely different tune coming out of you.

Are you Alc in disguise? He likes to rewrite history too.

Go ask LFC Marshall my views on Suarez.

His transfer updates were great.

He was a good kid, the amount of time he put into that database and patience he had for people. Last I heard Subtle told me that he was media manager for Blackpool FC if memory serves me right

Mitrovic is a thug. How he didn't get sent off yesterday is beyond me. At one point he gave Sanchez a DDT.

Back