The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 688K
Just breaking that Aston Villa have promoted Gordon Cowans and Shay Given to assist manager Paul Lambert and the first team coaches. Ian Culverhouse and Gary Carsa have also been suspended pending an internal investigation. Wonder what's going on there then

Both Dylan and his younger brother went to the same school as me and I was at the game when he made his west ham debut last season. 20 is no age to die it really is horrible news :( R.I.P

I had quick peep at RedCafe and RAWK and I found something interesting. There is a thread 'TOTS' predictions. And pretty much every other poster are saying Marshall, the Cardiff gk should be there. I'm asking why? He conceded 63 goals this season. Mindblowing.

I had quick peep at RedCafe and RAWK and I found something interesting. There is a thread 'TOTS' predictions. And pretty much every other poster are saying Marshall, the Cardiff gk should be there. I'm asking why? He conceded 63 goals this season. Mindblowing.

Because it could very easily have been over 80. Cardiff's defence has been shambolic this season, utterly awful - worse than Fulham's, in my opinion - and Marshall has kept them within even a shout of dignity. Of Cardiff's defence, only Caulker and Marshall can come out of this season satisfied with their performance. Juan Cala's played well when he's been on the pitch, but he's only had 5 apps. The real problem has been the entire team's transitions though: when they lose the ball, everyone sort of slowly jogs back into position. Compare that to Saint Tony's Crystal Palace, who lose the ball and immediately sprint back into a tight defensive block.

But I digress. Basically the reason why is because he's the one thing standing between Cardiff's defence and total embarrassment.

Because it could very easily have been over 80. Cardiff's defence has been shambolic this season, utterly awful - worse than Fulham's, in my opinion - and Marshall has kept them within even a shout of dignity. Of Cardiff's defence, only Caulker and Marshall can come out of this season satisfied with their performance. Juan Cala's played well when he's been on the pitch, but he's only had 5 apps. The real problem has been the entire team's transitions though: when they lose the ball, everyone sort of slowly jogs back into position. Compare that to Saint Tony's Crystal Palace, who lose the ball and immediately sprint back into a tight defensive block.

But I digress. Basically the reason why is because he's the one thing standing between Cardiff's defence and total embarrassment.

Now is he? I remember 2 good games from him, Soton one and Everton. Rest were mediocre/poor. He mad few superman saves and now he's among best in the league.

You can put any keeper you like in goal for Cardiff they would still concede those an awful lot of goals. However Marshall and Speroni have been fantastic for their clubs this season, and either could, imo, get in team of the season.

Now is he? I remember 2 good games from him, Soton one and Everton. Rest were mediocre/poor. He mad few superman saves and now he's among best in the league.

Yes, he is. Take this from me, as someone living in Cardiff, having watched the majority of their games this season, and with many of my friends huge Cardiff fans. He really has been excellent, and consistently so.

Yes, he is. Take this from me, as someone living in Cardiff, having watched the majority of their games this season, and with many of my friends huge Cardiff fans. He really has been excellent, and consistently so.
Fair enough. Ever since OGS took them over, I watch them regularly (when it doesn't clash with United games) and he always seemed mediocre at best bar that two games.

Fair enough. Ever since OGS took them over, I watch them regularly (when it doesn't clash with United games) and he always seemed mediocre at best bar that two games.

Heh, go talk to a Cardiff fan about him. He's the second ******* coming around Cardiff at the moment.

Heh, go talk to a Cardiff fan about him. He's the second ******* coming around Cardiff at the moment.
Tbf, mediocre is probably better than everybody else in Cardiff. I think he's only praised because everybody around him are ****.

I have to say this season has been so unbelievably good. It's nice not to have one or two teams running away with it. So many unpredictable results all the time. Gotta be the best season ever surely?

Tbf, mediocre is probably better than everybody else in Cardiff. I think he's only praised because everybody around him are ****.

Cardiff aren't so bad that none of their players have excelled. Marshall, Caulker and Jordon Mutch have all had good seasons for various reasons: Mutch because he's excelled in a mess of a midfield, and Marshall and Caulker because they've been so consistently good.

I have to say this season has been so unbelievably good. It's nice not to have one or two teams running away with it. So many unpredictable results all the time. Gotta be the best season ever surely?

Best one I've ever seen, that's for certain.

Cardiff aren't so bad that none of their players have excelled. Marshall, Caulker and Jordon Mutch have all had good seasons for various reasons: Mutch because he's excelled in a mess of a midfield, and Marshall and Caulker because they've been so consistently good.

Best one I've ever seen, that's for certain.

Oh yeah, Caulker. He's a good player, wonder where he'll end up in the summer. I'm also wondering why did Spurs sell him.

Oh yeah, Caulker. He's a good player, wonder where he'll end up in the summer. I'm also wondering why did Spurs sell him.

Apparently Spurs have a buy back clause if Cardiff go down for something like ?8 million. He'll stay in the Prem either way I reckon.

Everyone's Premier League team of the season?

GK: David Marshall
DR: Seamus Coleman
DL: Luke Shaw
DC: John Terry
DC: Gary Cahill
MC: Steven Gerrard
MC: Yaya Toure
AML: Adam Lallana
AMC: Eden Hazard
AMR: Raheem Sterling
ST: Luis Suarez

Subs:
Vito Mannone
Cesar Azpilicueta
Curtis Davies
Aaron Ramsey
David Silva
Jay Rodriguez
Daniel Sturridge

Manager: Tony Pulis

Last edited:
Everyone's Premier League team of the season?

GK: David Marshall
DR: Seamus Coleman
DL: Luke Shaw
DC: John Terry
DC: Gary Cahill
MC: Steven Gerrard
MC: Yaya Toure
AML: Adam Lallana
AMC: Eden Hazard
AMR: Raheem Sterling
ST: Luis Suarez

Manager: Tony Pulis
Can I put a bench?

Bench: Daniel Sturridge, Vito Mannone, John Stones, Adnan Januzaj, Cristian Erikson

***. Man: either Brendan Rodgers or Steve "Fat Head" Bruce.

Can I put a bench?

Bench: Daniel Sturridge, Vito Mannone, John Stones, Adnan Januzaj, Cristian Erikson

***. Man: either Brendan Rodgers or Steve "Fat Head" Bruce.

If i'm having a bench then i'm chucking Azpilicueta on it for sure.

Back