The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 688K
Calm down and wait people. This has been in the works for a lot longer than you all think: these talks are in their third day now. It's only just broke, but this has been going on a while.

To give you all the lowdown, Pulis is annoyed we didn't shell out 9 million for Wickham, a player with 1 year left on his contract and about 5 good games in the Prem to his name. Steve Parish, our primary chairman, knows Pulis makes bad decisions with money, and is refusing to pay that. Bear in mind Parish is a fan of the club and helped save us from liquidation, so he's trying to take the best decisions for the club's finances.

On the other hand, Parish isn't giving Pulis any leeway at all, and is being a bit precious with funds in general.

Like I say, wait and see. I'll always support the club over the manager, but this will be pretty heartbreaking. It's such a Palace thing to do, it really is.

whats gone off gc will not be happy

Probably drowning himself in nearest drinking hole ( edit: apparently not :( ). Would be shame, but personally wouldn't mind it as they are coming to Arsenal on saturday and would be easier without Pulis.

Probably drowning himself in nearest drinking hole ( edit: apparently not :( ). Would be shame, but personally wouldn't mind it as they are coming to Arsenal on saturday and would be easier without Pulis.

Watch it, you'd have to deal with Super Keith Millen!

Was it him in charge when we came to Palace once Holloway was sacked?

Yep. We gave you a decent enough game despite still being in the post-Holloway malaise.

Nice little bit I found on a fansite about the current situation:

I am genuinely baffled at the snide accusations that are levelled at various members of the clubs heirarchy during times that are a bit fraught. As soon as those times actually worked out for the better longer term or were never a problem in the first place (just a vicious rumour blown out of proportion) then there seems to be little in the way of apologies of humble pie being consumed.

For a number there is definitely a perverse need to assume the absolute worst about Parish / the board / Phil Alexander or the manager if he isn't flavour of the month and the party that is ******* with the club or trash-talking it are the ones that are agreed with and their opinions given the highest credence.

**** that. This club has seen more progress and TLC given to it and its fanbase in as long as I can remember and there are squarely 4 people who have laid the foundations in place for that to happen. I couldn't give two ***** if people think that comes across as sycophantic because I've got no reason or desire to suck up to 4 people I've never met and barely interacted with. I support them because I see them as saviours of our club who blatantly have the clubs interest at heart. They embody what Palace is all about as far as I am concerned and if the choice is made between a manager (who will leave one day anyway) or those charged with guiding the club forward evermore then it will always be the latter. As others have said, if this is going to be the drama every transfer window that TP doesn't get his way then days are numbered with him at the helm anyway.

I totally agree. I love Pulis, but we can't be held to ransom. If he leaves, thanks for all the memories and we'll rebuild.

Yep. We gave you a decent enough game despite still being in the post-Holloway malaise.

Nice little bit I found on a fansite about the current situation:

Yea remember it wasn't as clear as the 2-0 win would suggest. Still remember that Jedinak shot and Szczesny's save.

Any of you ************* even attempt sympathy and you're all getting infractions

You say it like it's a joke, but Moyes would probably be a good option. Useless at a club of United's level, but he'd work well at Palace.

You will be.

Yeh but he has ambitions for another Champions League club, or so he says. (Lord knows how).

I agree. Having David Moyes in charge, to establish a very solid defence, pick up some great young talent, and develop them, is a terrible idea.

sigh.......

I agree. Having David Moyes in charge, to establish a very solid defence, pick up some great young talent, and develop them, is a terrible idea.

sigh.......

Did someone say it wasn't or are you just depressed? A cheeky wink was just to make Mr. GC cheer up, it was an honest suggestion with Moyes, but not a realistic one because he thinks he's going to manage another Champions League club.

Back