The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 688K
I think they're simply obliged to investigate, doesn't automatically mean there'll be punishment though.

In any case, political correctness started off as a half-decent idea, but jesus christ did it go off the rails.

The worst thing is that it's 2 absolute nobodies desperate for attention, and yet papers are indulging their idiocy. Sad.

NEWS: @ELJERO11ELIA has now completed his move to #SaintsFC, and will be eligible for next week's trip to @ManUtd.
Could this be a sign that Rodriguez is off?

The worst thing is that it's 2 absolute nobodies desperate for attention, and yet papers are indulging their idiocy. Sad.

Was thinking the same regarding Rodriguez. Spurs bid incoming:) as rumours going round Stoke after Lennon.

Not sure he will need a little time to get fit won't he after being out so long and also isn't Mane off to the AFCON so it's probs to add cover more than anything IMO

Rumours going round Brazil that Paulinho close to Cruzeiro move 10m sorry wont let me post tweet. That's from Spurs.

Anyone else getting ****** off with this Steven Gerrard love in?

few things that are really ******* me off

1. You cannot call him a one club man HE IS SIGNING FOR ANOTHER TEAM!

2. Yes will go down as one of the modern era greats no denying that but I am sick of all these pundits going on about how he is the greatest player in Liverpools history despite not winning a premier league medal. But when they have talked about messi/ronni in the past they can't be considered the best ever till they win a World Cup.

Don't get me wrong great player been a pleasure to watch I will never forget the FA cup final vs west ham, and of course whether you think he is the greatest is subjective but for me scholes and lamps still just edge it. Just had to get it off my chest ;)

Edit - sorry in the above paragraph about Gerrard scholes and lamps should have stipulated modern era English midfielder

Last edited:
What did Gerrard do to be marked as one of the greatest in modern era?

You mean other then the same players recognizing him as such?
Yes. Xavi once said Scholes is the best midelfielder in the world. That doesn't make him one though ;)
Gerrard is great player. His loyalty was great to see. One of the greatest in last 20 years? I can think at least 10 better than him out of my head:
Xavi, Pirlo, Lampard, Schweinsteiger, Scholes, Keane, Iniesta, Guti, Viera, Zidane in no particular order.

Yes. Xavi once said Scholes is the best midelfielder in the world. That doesn't make him one though ;)
Gerrard is great player. His loyalty was great to see. One of the greatest in last 20 years? I can think at least 10 better than him out of my head:
Xavi, Pirlo, Lampard, Schweinsteiger, Scholes, Keane, Iniesta, Guti, Viera, Zidane in no particular order.

Gerrard has been a servant to Liverpool and his loyalty for us has been second to none, hence why the all media is going on about it all none stop. He ask why he has been put on the same level as the greats that you have named? Well... He has captained one of the biggest football clubs for 10/11 years? Made 695 apps, 180 goals, won FA Cup twice/League Cup 3 times/Community Shield once/CL once (we all remember that one)/UEFA Cup once/Super Cup twice plus god knows how many other personal awards. He has been in the England setup for 14 years as well as being captain for many.

This isn't me sticking up for them saying he is the best midfielder in the world as that is not true but you have to remember, the "other" world class players who are meant to be better than Gerrard had better players around them.

This is just my opinion though each to their own.

Jamie Carragher @Carra23 Follow Enough of Gerrard now he's leaving. Replacement has to be Ross Barkley offer 10 million go to 12 tops job done.

Gerrard has been a servant to Liverpool and his loyalty for us has been second to none, hence why the all media is going on about it all none stop. He ask why he has been put on the same level as the greats that you have named? Well... He has captained one of the biggest football clubs for 10/11 years? Made 695 apps, 180 goals, won FA Cup twice/League Cup 3 times/Community Shield once/CL once (we all remember that one)/UEFA Cup once/Super Cup twice plus god knows how many other personal awards. He has been in the England setup for 14 years as well as being captain for many.

This isn't me sticking up for them saying he is the best midfielder in the world as that is not true but you have to remember, the "other" world class players who are meant to be better than Gerrard had better players around them.

This is just my opinion though each to their own.

No doubt he was world class player for a long time. However, he wasn't successful enough during his career for me. He deserves praise he's getting, he deserves time in media, but for me, he's not one of the greatest. Similar thing is with Giggs. He was never best player, or even in top 5. But he was consistent with his performances. I don't see Giggs as one of the greatest wingers in modern age. Yes, he's an icon for his great adaptability and great professionalism , but there were many better wingers than Giggs ability wise.. And Giggs won three times more than Gerrard.

Just as I read zidane saw this on twitter

https://vine.co/v/OAxp6JaWjU1

Last edited:
Back