The Premier League Thread

Fair enough. I think there's a fair point for arguing Villa have been negative at times this season, I just think that branding them as 'the worst in the league' when the likes of Wolves are sitting deep and supporting Kevin Doyle with... well, nobody, is unfair.

Must be the bullshit filter.

Who said anything about McLeish's ability as a manager? If I'm not mistaken, we were talking about Villa's positivity, or lack thereof. In pushing Mark Hughes, you've carefully glossed over the fact that he is a massive ******* who only looks out for himself and progressing his career.

Villa just got 57% of possession against Arsenal. That doesn't say the whole story, but it gives you an indication of the recent improvement in playing style. I like to think that I'm reasonably rational when it comes to Villa - I'll happily admit to shortcomings and my own bias - but I flat-out refuse to believe that Villa play the worst football in the league.

The Bullshit filter? very mature for someone in University :) Its not bullshit, its my opinion and i am allowed one. Maybe i used positive wrong, lets say he plays unattractive football then. I dont watch football as a neutral to watch that boring low tempo *****, i want to watch teams like Norwich and Fulham who try and play a good game. I just randomly talked about McLeish as a manager, i think he is over rated and i am allowed to say that. Hughes may be a bit of a ****, but he is a very good manager and thats a fact. after his failure at man city he will probably not get another top job, he doesnt play the right football for top teams. Villa are probably just below the top teams, they are in that second teir of teams along with Stoke and Newcastle in my opinion, because of this he couldnt get a better job, just my opinion.

I will debate again at some point when you can acknowledge my opinion :)

I personally don't rate McLeish, but Villa were pretty good tonight, against a poor Arsenal side.

McLeish is a poor man's O'Neill with a slightly less wing-based style of play, and a much poorer set-piece ability. That's putting it simply, but that's just one way of putting it. I somehow doubt Randy gives that much of a **** about the fans since he appointed AMac in the first place, but there are some serious rumblings. Frankly, I think the majority need to remember the amount Lerner's done for us, but some have a point...

I suppose Randy wants results and the fans want entertainment. It's a shame he AMac can't cater for both :)

I personally don't rate McLeish, but Villa were pretty good tonight, against a poor Arsenal side.

I second this, from what i watched tonight :) Villa arent the worst in the league, but are easily in the top 5.

The Bullshit filter? very mature for someone in University :) Its not bullshit, its my opinion and i am allowed one. Maybe i used positive wrong, lets say he plays unattractive football then. I dont watch football as a neutral to watch that boring low tempo *****, i want to watch teams like Norwich and Fulham who try and play a good game. I just randomly talked about McLeish as a manager, i think he is over rated and i am allowed to say that. Hughes may be a bit of a ****, but he is a very good manager and thats a fact. after his failure at man city he will probably not get another top job, he doesnt play the right football for top teams. Villa are probably just below the top teams, they are in that second teir of teams along with Stoke and Newcastle in my opinion, because of this he couldnt get a better job, just my opinion.

I will debate again at some point when you can acknowledge my opinion :)

I acknowledge you HAVE an opinion, I'm just loathe to give credence to it when it is so ridiculous.

Now, if you tried saying we play unattractive football, then you might have a grain of truth. We're still not the most unattractive team in the Prem, as you claimed originally, but we're hardly beautiful to watch. You're allowed to talk about McLeish as much as you want, but bringing him into a conversation to which he's related tangentially is bizarre. Hughes would take our job, but only as a vessel to improve his own standing. I wouldn't want Lerner to give the job to someone who was so hubristic as to assume we would give him the job right away if he resigned.

I suppose Randy wants results and the fans want entertainment. It's a shame he AMac can't cater for both :)

I reckon the fans would take results too, but you're right that they place more of an onus on entertainment than Randy. AMac can cater somewhat to the former, but not to the latter.

I second this, from what i watched tonight :) Villa arent the worst in the league, but are easily in the top 5.

Changed your tune.

I acknowledge you HAVE an opinion, I'm just loathe to give credence to it when it is so ridiculous.

Now, if you tried saying we play unattractive football, then you might have a grain of truth. We're still not the most unattractive team in the Prem, as you claimed originally, but we're hardly beautiful to watch. You're allowed to talk about McLeish as much as you want, but bringing him into a conversation to which he's related tangentially is bizarre. Hughes would take our job, but only as a vessel to improve his own standing. I wouldn't want Lerner to give the job to someone who was so hubristic as to assume we would give him the job right away if he resigned.

I reckon the fans would take results too, but you're right that they place more of an onus on entertainment than Randy. AMac can cater somewhat to the former, but not to the latter.

Changed your tune.

Because i dont want to argue, every time i do i get needlessly infracted. The only team who are actually worse are wolves, because i havent EVER seen them play a good game this season, constant punts to Kevin Doyle and praying O Hara wins the knock down. Its a shame because Hammill and Jarvis are gifted.

For neither, I'd dare say.

Villa haven't really blown anyone away this season but they will gather enough points to finish the season in a comfortable position come the end of the season. Then it's all down to who McLeish buys which turned into a bit of a disaster for him when he tried to consolidate Birmingham's position in the Premier League last season. Will be interesting to see how long he lasts at Villa but he could end up doing a Curbishly and look what happened there.

Because i dont want to argue, every time i do i get needlessly infracted. The only team who are actually worse are wolves, because i havent EVER seen them play a good game this season, constant punts to Kevin Doyle and praying O Hara wins the knock down. Its a shame because Hammill and Jarvis are gifted.

that isnt true. you say this every time, and its false. you have never been infracted for having an opinion. only when you have broken the rules, by the manner of which you have presented said opinion.

Wolves played some good stuff vs norwich

Villa haven't really blown anyone away this season but they will gather enough points to finish the season in a comfortable position come the end of the season. Then it's all down to who McLeish buys which turned into a bit of a disaster for him when he tried to consolidate Birmingham's position in the Premier League last season. Will be interesting to see how long he lasts at Villa but he could end up doing a Curbishly and look what happened there.

Oh I'm sure they'll be safely in mid-table, but they've spent some money and I presume he's expected to get the team into Europe. Then again, I can't blame him entirely, I honestly thought N'Zogbia was the second most decisive player in the prem after Tevez last season (Not drawing a parallel in ability, position or anything, but on relevance to their respective teams) and expected him to do well at Villa, but he's been ***** so far, to the point where Heskey (!!?!) has been deployed as a winger. Then there's Jenas, another of his acquisitions, who got ****** on his first start IIRC.

Very harsh on Sammon. No complaints about it from everyone, im not sure he's even moved his arm towards him. Game over

There was no penalty at the SoL. Webb got it wrong (Not that I'm complaining...). We should've had some 4-5 penalties this season, but this certainly wasn't one of them.

Newcastle with an important win. Stops the little run of poor results. Bolton, as they have been nearly every game, were nothing short of awful, no attacking threat. When they got into good areas, either the final ball was poor, or there was no-one to connect with the very few good balls. Petrov was good, but there was never any support in the area, N'Gog was absent, and they just lost possession far too easily.

Also nice to seen Ben Arfa get a goal, will get his confidence up, and Ba is unplayable at the moment.