The 'Real Madrid' Thread

A bit late, but I believe the Valdano/Mourinho saga came down to the fact that Valdano was being slowly pushed away from his responsabilities, giving space to Zidane. By the end of the season, Valdano was left with minimal power, which he would not have, and so, he left.

I don't think Zidane has (officially at-least) got the job yet.. Do English club have Sporting directors? Because since Perez wants to adopt the English style, maybe they won't appoint one at all?

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------
I did these because I had nothing else to do...Vacations are boring!

real.png
realgk.png

will madrid players change numbers this season or leave?

as i am thinking of getting ozil or higuian on the back but i dont want them to change no. or leave after i get them on the back

will madrid players change numbers this season or leave?

as i am thinking of getting ozil or higuian on the back but i dont want them to change no. or leave after i get them on the back

I doubt Ozil will change number or leave but that can't be said for Higuian. If Madrid sign another striker then Higuian or Benzema will leave.

I doubt Ozil will change number or leave but that can't be said for Higuian. If Madrid sign another striker then Higuian or Benzema will leave.

Yeah was just thinking if Lass Diara leaves ozil could get the #10 ?

Yeah was just thinking if Lass Diara leaves ozil could get the #10 ?

they may give it to sahin

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

btw, i was just watching their kit promo video...and i saw this....

ScreenShot002.png

Thats one sweet tattoo!

Last edited:
they may give it to sahin

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

btw, i was just watching their kit promo video...and i saw this....

ScreenShot002.png

Thats one sweet tattoo!

Yeah, who wouldn't want a tattoo of the club with the worst transfer policy in the world?

Yeah, who wouldn't want a tattoo of the club with the worst transfer policy in the world?

haha, seriously? even worse than what has been spent on torres, carroll and henderson in recent times? we're landing people like sahin and ozil for 10-15 mil!

haha, seriously? even worse than what has been spent on torres, carroll and henderson in recent times? we're landing people like sahin and ozil for 10-15 mil!

How much did you spend/ get back on Sneijder, Robben, VDV? Thats the awful transfer policy, admittedly it has been better under Jose - I believe he wrangled for more control

The only thing I really like about Madrid is Redondo - loved the guy! Used to like Madrid back then, but they've become a team that spends a lot and wastes talent, a la City, thus this Madrid deserves no respect from me. Good luck next season, though. Maybe things will change.

The only thing I really like about Madrid is Redondo - loved the guy! Used to like Madrid back then, but they've become a team that spends a lot and wastes talent, a la City, thus this Madrid deserves no respect from me. Good luck next season, though. Maybe things will change.

New signing? ;)

Redondo was a god. One of the most complete players I've ever seen play, even when he was at Milan in his later career.

I know what you mean...When Chelsea and Man City got their new owners, i thought they were trying to be the new Real Madrid..who have been kind of a disgrace since the Galacticos era..but I think once Perez came back...and after getting Ronaldo and Kaka for those mad amounts (because he had to gain the fans' trust and support back)...it looked like he had learnt from his own mistakes...they gave up on signing Villa, Ribery, Maicon etc because they were priced at more than 30-35 mil and were towards the older side..

Benzema and Di Maria were costly, but all the real-life wonderkids have really high values nowadays.. Anyways I think this new system they are trying to adopt, with concentrating on young players, and the fact that they are actually listening to their manager more than some sporting director...is much better than what they had been doing..And it actually feels much better supporting them too!

Last edited:
So....Who here thinks that the club needs to get rid of Kaka and make Canales the 2nd choice AM?

I hope Canales is sent out on loan...and not sold

I don't understand how Canales went to Real Madrid, to be honest.
I mean; I understand that if a big club calls you you are attracted to go to such club.

But if you are young you need to play minutes to fully develope, and Real Madrid is not exactly the kind of club who gives many oportunities to youngsters. Specially with player like Keke or Özil in your (more or less) same position.
It was easy to imagine that he wouldn't play too much.

I also think that the best for him would be to be loaned to another team in the Primera División, so he could play regularly, and who knows if one day he can be a regular member of the first team in Madrid.

About the new kits, I must say I don't like them at all. Is that golden details and number I don't like, they ruin it.