View attachment 176108
Sergio de Chirico will miss around a month for us which is a big problem as not only is he our leading scorer but, he is under 18 and I have to have at least 1 under 18 on the pitch at all times so the Palermo loanee will be slotted into the starting 11, the back four has been incredibly settled so the forced disruption couuld be a problem for us

View attachment 175966
January Update

It's a big month for us if we do well we could possibly pull ourselves away from the pack somewhat but, a bad month could see us fly down the table given the tightness.

Cynthia 2-2 Castel di Sangro
View attachment 175964Both teams led the game for about a minute so both sides got a tad cocky after leading a decent point for us to get. De Chirico in the last game before his injury got us ahead after 39 minutes played in with a long ball De Chirico cut back and then fired high past the keeper who expected the shot to go the other way. However, we lost the lead seconds later Atilli got in behind and then slotted his finish past the keeper and in. We then fell behind after 63 minutes Carfora recieved a chipped pass in the box and his strike was to powerful for Kastrati to prevent going in. However, Monteforte ensured that we left with a point scoring a minute later Terriaca smashed a free kick toward the bottom corner it was palmed away by the keeper and Monteforte one the race to the rebound and fired it in.

"Given our respective league positions I would have hoped for a win but, a point is not bad when you are trailing in the last 30 minutes" Giacomo Galli

View attachment 175963
Wouldn't normally put this in but, incredibly 7 teams are within 3 points of the top spot that is just under half of the league incredibly tight.

Castel di Sangro 1-2 Rieti
View attachment 175960
A big loss where a red card saw us force to have an odd formation and saw us concede a late winner. Tirelli had us behind after 25 minutes heading in a Zanetti with what was a very good header. Monteforte got us level after 69 minutes a deep Valentino cross was misjudged by the keeper and that left Monteforte a simple tap in at the back post. Seconds after scoring Abaganle was sent off for a pointless trip that led to a second yellow card. Tribuzzi grabbed the winner after 83 minutes to leave us with nothing Palumbo squared to him when in on goal and he had the simple task of firing the ball into the far post and did it.

"The red card left us in the lurch and if it wasn't for that we could have gone on to claim all three points" - Giacomo Galli

Aprilla 0-1 Castel di Sangro
View attachment 175956Monteforte grabbed another goal to earn us all three points. He scored after 52 minutes to give us the win a long ball played him in and he cut back past to let the defenders go past him then smashed his effort in past the keeper to give us the three points. Kastrati did pull off a great save from a close range header to help us claim all three points.

Table
View attachment 175955We end the month on top but, one of three teams with 35. Given the closeness I think I should explain the ranking when level on points is results between teams but, that is only used after every game is played so until then and if that is equal then goals scored is used​

View attachment 175907
February Update

With the top teams being so close at the end of the month someone was likely going to jump out ahead of the other teams by a bit and I wanted to make sure it was us.

Castel di Sangro 2-1 Amiternina Scoppito
View attachment 175906Marciante from Palermo got his first goal for us that lets us start the month off with a win. Monteforte got us ahead after 13 minutes a quick counter from a corner saw us fly up the pitch and allowed Silvestri to play in Monteforte a he took a touch wide before firing low past the keeper. After 34 minutes Marciante headed in a corner to put us two goals ahead a big impact from the loanee. The two goal lead only lasted for a couple of minutes Belkiad firing first time past the keeper from inside the box.

"At this time we need every point to help push for promotion and so the narrow win is big for us" Giacomo Galli

Castel di Sangro 3-1 Chieti
View attachment 175905Matteo Monteforte scored for the 5th game in a row to help us get revenge on an earlier loss to Chieti. He opened the scoring after 38 minutes Silvestri played him in and Monteforte toe poked a low effort past the keeper and in to put us ahead. We lost our lead 13 seconds after half time a cross was deflected and fell to Dos Santos and he fired in at the back post. Monteforte got us back ahead after 50 minutes an incredibly powerful header from ten yards out from a driven Terriaca cross left the keeper with no chance. Terriaca got us two goals ahead after 60 minutes Silvestri picked him out perfectly and from 8 yards out Terriaca half volleyed in.

"A very good win for us to help in the promotion push as all of the other teams around us dropped points" Giacomo Galli

Ostiamare 0-1 Castel di Sangro
View attachment 175904We shut out the leagues top scorer while our leading man De Chirico grabbed a goal. Sergio de Chirico scored the only goal of the game after 40 minutes Di Matera got the ball out wide and passed to De Chirico in the box he turned his man and from close range he fired in a shot that left the keeper no chance to react.

"Another big win for us in a close game that is three more points as we try and hold off our promotion rivals" Giacomo Galli

View attachment 175903
100 games in management is great and at 200 games we will be in a much higher division

Serpenta 0-1 Castel di Sangro
View attachment 175900
Monteforte grabbed the only goal after 21 minutes a Silvestri pass into the box was deflected when a defender slid in and blocked the plan. The ball in front of the goal 8 yards out and Monteforte slid in and poked the ball into the back of the net to score the goal that would get us all three points.

"A somewhat lucky goal but, we took our chances and they missed some big goals and we took one of ours so earned the win." Giacomo Galli

Table
View attachment 175898
A small lead at the top of the table and the gaps between all of the sides at the top is widening and we are staying in the top spot so it is a good month for us​

Really good season, hope you can hold on for promotion. Is the money in the Italian lower leagues as bad as England?

Killing it mate, promotion is on the cards this season!

Thanks, hopefully we can but one run of bad form could kill off the hopes of promotion

Really good season, hope you can hold on for promotion. Is the money in the Italian lower leagues as bad as England?

Thanks, the only money you get in the lower league is 150k if you win the Serie C which is a big problem as I am making a loss every month with a 150,000 euro a year wage bill so next year if we get promoted will be a challenge to get a better squad with almost no money

View attachment 175733

Youth Intake

Edit: The game crashed after the youth intake and so I've got a new youth intake that seems similar in quality to the last one.

Youth Intake number three and can we get a star out of the youth intake

View attachment 175715
We still get two good players out of this and they are a goal keeper and a left back instead of a centre back and striker. The youth intake gives us a couple more alright players than the last one.

Fabrizio Villa

View attachment 175716
The left back has very good potential and can hopefully find himself a spot in the first team in a couple of years. I may try and find him a loan for next year in the Eccelenza.

Edmondo Spinozzi
View attachment 175712
He has bad hair but, not as bad as the old defender. He should be good enough to back up in a couple of years and then he can hopefully push on and become the number one​

Last edited:
Giampa looks like he could be quality, great stats. On a side note, what a horrendous haircut Melone has (poor lad)

Giampa looks like he could be quality, great stats. On a side note, what a horrendous haircut Melone has (poor lad)

Yeah was annoyed to lose the youth intake, especially melone I wanted to see if his hair could improve in any way but, I will now never know

View attachment 175361
March Update

March is a big month for us as we had a small lead and it was vital that we capitalise on the small lead and try to make the lead bigger by the end of the month.

Castel di Sangro 2-0 Albalonga
View attachment 175360Axel Cedric Konan with a rare start grabbed a brace to help us to victory. Konan got us ahead after 42 minutes Monteforte played him in and Konan finished well to put us ahead. Konan grabbed his second goal after 65 minutes Monteforte passed to Terriaca in the box and his shot took a huge deflection and fell to Konan 6 yards out and he fired it in to get a big win for us.

"Konan wanted some game time so I gave it to him and he paid me back by grabbing two big goals." Giacomo Galli

Astrea 0-1 Castel di Sangro
View attachment 175357Again we grab a 1 goal win that we possibly don't deserve but, they have been key to pushing us up to the top of the table. De Chirico grabbing the only goal of the game after 14 minutes Kastrati punted the ball long Di Matera flicked the ball on and Monteforte headed the ball towards the onrushing De Chirico and he smashed a first time half volley into the top corner.

"We got a early-ish goal and then we were easily able to keep out Astrea" Giacomo Galli

Castel di Sangro 2-4 Fondi
View attachment 1753483 goals in four minutes meant we would struggle to get anything out of the game and we didn't. Terriaca got us ahead after 24 minutes with his penalty sneaking under the keeper. Apostoli levelled the game after 59 minutes firing in a deflected shot from the corner from close range. Two minutes later we were behind Miani crossed in and Ciaramelleti looped a header back over Kastrati. Miani then grabbed a goal of his own after 63 minutes a clearance by Iovane hit of a defender and played in Miana and he finished well. lmetti got us back into the game after 80 minutes Almetti cooly chipping the ball over the keeper to pull us back to within a goal. A minute later we were back to two goals behind Ciaramelleti played in Miani and he fired past Kastrati to doom us to defeat.

"We weren't great in this game but, we were good enough except for five minutes where we were outclassed" Giacomo Galli

Castel di Sangro 1-0 Lupa Castelli Romani
View attachment 175347
Another one goal lead for us that we held on to win and claim a big three points. Monteforte scored the only goal of the game after 49 minutes De Chirico hit a cross deep to the back post and Monteforte arrived to head in from close range.

"A good win and three more points for us as we chase down promotion" Giacomo Galli

TableView attachment 175346
A six point lead with six game left should be good enough for us to claim promotion as we have kept our form up while our promotion rivals have stumbled and dropped points​

View attachment 175022
March Update

The month has the potential to be a title deciding month and if we do well then we can claim the league but, if we do poorly then we could see the chance of promotion fall from our grasp when it shouldn't.

Lupa Roma 3-2 Castel di Sangro
View attachment 175021We loose in a shootout that we are rarely involved in but, we slip up and are letting the lead that we have get that bit closer. Monteforte got us ahead after 26 minutes the keeper misread a cross from Terriaca and left Monteforte with a tap in. Mangiola equalised just before half time, with a simple tap in at the back post Kastrati somehow blocked the effort with his leg but, was powerless as the rebound flew over his head and in. A minute after half time Cerrai put us behind taking advantage of some suspect positioning from Kastrati to head in a free kick. Mangiola put us two goals behind after 59 minutes free in the box he took advantage to fire a powerful effort past Kastrati. Seconds later we were back to a one goal deficit Silvestri chipped a ball wide to Terriaca and he crossed for Almetti to head past the keeper and in. But, as we shouldn't find a second goal we end up with nothing.

"They only had 5 shots and 4 on target so it is disappointing for us to let in three goals and lose" Giacomo Galli

Castel di Sangro 2-1 Venafro
View attachment 175018
We got the win that we deserved in a tight game where Terriaca made the difference. Di Matera got us ahead after 18 minutes Terriaca had his first cross blocked but, he fired a second cross to the back post and Di Matera headed in at the back post. Monteforte doubled our lead after 35 minutes Terriaca's cross was deflected and fell to Monteforte and he took a touch and then fired into the postage stamp of the goal and left the keeper no chance. Venafro pulled a goal back after 57 minutes Simeone firing in a Patricello cross from close range.

"We deserved to win and possibly should have done so by a bigger margin but, we have a big three points" Giacomo Galli

Celano 0-0 Castel di Sangro
View attachment 175017A close 0-0 we probably should have won with Almetti having a goal ruled out for offside and Monteforte blowing a good chance. They only had one shot on target to our 8 but, we couldn't find a way to get past the defence and keeper so we could only get a point.

"We should have win but, didn't so we have a title decider against Aversa" Giacomo Galli

We still have one game left in the month vs Aversa Normanna but, to create some drama I will leave it for later.

TableView attachment 175016
As we drew our last game with Aversa if we can beat them we will win the league if we draw we will have a three point lead with two games left and if we lose we are level and will not have head to head in our favour so would need them to drop points.

It is a season deciding game for us and if we fail to avoid defeat then the season will be a failure given the position we have been in​

View attachment 174846
Aversa Normanna vs Castel di Sangro
View attachment 174845
We faced what would actually more be a two and a half hour journey to get to Aversa as in what many have called the only road safety measure in Italy coaches and buses have speed limiters installed in them,

Anyway for me the trip flew past as using a trick that I had learned from many of my managers I managed to sleep through the entire journey, judging from the looks of nerves on most of the players they spent the journey worrying. Nerves had got the better of us for the last four games and we only had one win.

We got off the coach in a residential area where the small stadium appeared to be an afterthought and the facilities were poor. I told the team to fight for the fans, show what they could do and play the way they always do. We only needed a draw but, defeat would be catastrophic victory of course meant we would win the league.

It was a quick walk to the incredibly uncomfortable seats where I would be watching the match from.

Kickoff

17th minute: My heart was set racing for the first time after 17 minutes after a nice passing move from a long clearance Almetti received a Silvestri pass and turned to slip in Monteforte 1 on 1 with the keeper. From a tight angle Monteforte fired high past the keeper and over the bar a wasted opportunity for us.

Half Time

Well we had a decent first half allowing no big chances and having the only one. However, we have to create some better chances if we want to win the league.

70th minute: A terrible moment, Cordova got free outwide and whipped in a great cross and Pisani rose highest to thump a header goalward that despite his dive Kastrati could only watch as it bounced of the bar and fell to Cordova at a tight angle so he couldn't shoot. Instead he chipped a great cross to the back post and Prevete had an open goal but, Kastrati got over to just stop the ball from crossing the line but, it was on the ground a foot from goal and a split second before it was about to be fired into the goal Marciante hooked the ball clear of danger.

A massive let off.

Full Time

I'll be honest a bit of an anti climax the game only had two shots on target and each side one chance.

The way it ends is good enough for us and we are in the driving seat to win the title. We have a three point lead with two games left.

View attachment 174844
We have a good chance of claiming the lead but, we cannot get complacent we have to be professional about the last two games.

A massive chance for us to claim the league and the promotion that comes with it​

View attachment 174275

Title Run In

Sorry for the delay in getting this up went to Manchester on Thursday and was ill yesterday.

Castel di Sangro vs Flamina

What can happen if:

We win: If we win and Aversa fail to win we win the league, if we both win it goes to the last day

We draw: We could win the league if Aversa lose, if they draw same as a win we have a three point lead on the last day and if they win and we draw they will only a point behind us for the final day

We Lose: If they lose 3 point lead on last day, if they draw we will have a two point lead on the last day and if we lose we are level on points for the final day and I don't know who has the tie breaker.

Kickoff

20 Minutes: Disaster from a goal kick Vegnazanno gets the ball and pings a ball up to Galeotti to play him in on goal and Galeotti cut back to send a defender past him and then curled an effort past Kastrati to put us behind.

40 Minutes: Sellitti plays the ball wide to Monteforte he hits in a deep cross and Di Matera heads back across goal and Terriaca arrived at the near post to poke in from close range and level before half time.

Half Time

Castel di Sangro 1-1 Flamina

A big second half I want the comfort on the final day of being able to draw

84 minutes: Folorunsho wins the ball from us in their half and we get the ball wide quickly Terriaca has his cross headed clear to Folorunsho and he passed to Sellitti and he passed to Di Matera in the box and from a tight angle he volleyed the ball with power and was an inch inside the post to give us a late lead.

Full Time

A game of three highlights sees us run out 2-1 winners to give us a big advantage in the league.

In other news Aprilla drew 0-0 with Aprilla which meansView attachment 174270
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!!

Next season we will be in the Serie D just two steps away from the Serie A

View attachment 174269
View attachment 174268
The squad is truly blessed to have me apparently. Next season will be a massive challenge for us as we will be playing some good teams and with two promotions in a row we will be outclassed by some teams I think. The one advantage that I have is that we have a young squad so they improve every season.

View attachment 174267
We have a much bigger budget and some transfer money. I would expect that we turn professional once we are in the Serie C as it appears that all of the teams in it are professional

Great read, congratulations on becoming champions - love that it kind of went down to the wire! Good luck in Serie C. :)

Great read, congratulations on becoming champions - love that it kind of went down to the wire! Good luck in Serie C. :)

Thanks I can't quite believe that we won the league I was just hoping to avoid the drop.

The Serie C will be a challenge especially as I doubt we have the money to go pro

Good luck in Serie C my friend a wonderful progress so far !

Congrats mate, amazing achievement!

Thanks can't believe we managed it to be honest but, a young team with belief is hard to beat

Good luck in Serie C my friend a wonderful progress so far !

Thanks, it will be a challenge as I don't think the board will make us full time so we will be at a big disadvantage as we will get less training than other teams

Sorry for the lack of updates on this been busy lately but, should be able to get on FM tomorrow for a while.

Anyway was on Youtube and on a whim searched Castel di Sangro among other things including a Giacomo Galli goal I found a short Rai 3 production on Castel di Sangro in the Serie C when they got promoted, it is mainly about the playoff game and you can see highlights of them. Italian football looked dirty in the 90's.

It is in Italian but, you can just about follow what it is talking about to re give context they had almost no money before an incredible promotion run and got into the playoffs a last minute goal from a player that had hardly played who came on with 12 seconds left won them that game and then they faced penalties in the final.

I think it was a decent watch and a good way to celebrate promotion into the Serie C[video=youtube;W1aJcMK0J-A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1aJcMK0J-A[/video]

Also for the people who were interviewed Jaconi was the manager while Bonomi had the third best career of any Castel di Sangro player after Carlo Cudicini and Vincenzo Iaqunita. After 5 years at Castel di Sangro he left after they stayed in the Serie B and had a decent career in the Serie A and even played for Castel di Sangro for a couple of years at the end of his career and also managed the team for a while after he retired

Last edited:
View attachment 172887
Last League Game of the Season and the Serie D Champions Cup

Winning the league qualified us for the Serie D championship to see who is the true Serie D champion.

Castel di Sangro 4-2 Olbia
View attachment 172883A good end to the season as we fired 4 goals past Olbia to get a good on the last day.Di Matera got us ahead after 4 minutes a good Terriaca cross gave Di Matera a simple tap in at the back post. Di Matera got us further ahead after 21 minutes another easy back post header got us further ahead. De Chirico got us a three goal lead after 30 minutes Monteforte slipped him in and fired a low drive past the keeper and in. Olbia pulled a goal back just after half time Iovane hit an awful back pass and their striker got onto it and fired a low shot past Kastrati. De Chirico got us back three goals ahead after 55 minutes Di Matera passed to him he beat a defender to get into the box and then floated an effort on target that dipped into the top corner a great effort. an 80th minute goal meant that we only left with a two goal win Di Maria getting in on goal and dinking an effort over Kastrati.

"A very good win to end the season and a massive crowd as well so I hope that they are all back next season" Giacomo Galli

Serie D Champions Cup
View attachment 172879All of the teams that won the league (9) will be in 3 groups with each team playing 1 home game and 1 away. The winner of each group and the best 2nd place team get into the semi's. As I don't care about it the updates will be brief.

Sambenedettese 3-2 Castel di Sangro
View attachment 172881In a close game despite the scoreline both keepers had some great saves and it easily could have been higher scoring. Di Matera and De Chirico both scored for us but, to no avail. As we have scored more goal though a win in our last game will see us through.

Castel di Sangro 0-1 Virtus Verona
View attachment 172878
Our failure to beat two teams who will likely be relegation candidates is a bit concerning we were also dominated in the game and somewhat lucky to keep it to 1-0.

Season stats and review is next​