Status
Not open for further replies.
Very tough draw! will really see what Wales and Giggs are made of here! nice update about United and Ferguson! thought that was brilliant!
its a bit dead on the forums tonite "/

Very tough draw! will really see what Wales and Giggs are made of here! nice update about United and Ferguson! thought that was brilliant!
its a bit dead on the forums tonite "/

Yeh it is a Friday night so its all fair enough, I'm doing the group stage of the confederations cup just about to release it now. If you think of anything you think would be good to add give me a PM,

---------- Post added at 03:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 AM ----------

Brazil2014.png

Wales squad arrive in Brazil

citation-x-private-plane-oxygen-4.png

The Welsh Squad have arrived in Brazil ahead of the Confederations Cup which will be kicking off on the 20th June.

Ryan Giggs and his men are hoping to achieve success yet again with 2 Carling Nation Cups and a European Champions under their belt. This is going to be Ryan Giggs' last tournament as a player and he will no doubt be hoping to achieve success with Wales.

linebreak.png

Brazil vs Wales

brazil-flag-1.png

Wales Lineup:

WalesWorldCup.png

Marc Jones return to start against Brazil in the Confederations Cup Opener.

Prediction: 3 - 1 Brazil

linebreak.png

Wales hold out for a draw against Brazil

Kaka-006.jpg

Kaka misses chance to win opener for Brazil

Result

Brazil - 2

Hulk (76, 79)
Kaka missed penalty (65)

Wales - 2
Andy King (15)
Gareth Bale (28)

Match Summary

After a wonderful first half performance on the Welsh which saw them lead Brazil 2 - 0 they fell to pieces in a 3 minute period in the second half. Andy King opened them scoring for Wales in the 15th minute after Gareth Bale put a cross into a dangerous area for it to be headed home. Gareth Bale scored a fine finish to make it 2 - 0 after being handed it on a plate with a delicious pass from Ched Evans. Going in at the break 2 - 0 up Wales looked comfortable but after conceding a penalty when Ashley Williams brought down Pato in the 65th minute Kaka missed the resulting penalty, but Wales were shaken and substitute Hulk scored a 3 minute double to bring the scoreline to a tie with Wales hanging on at the end.

linebreak.png

Wales vs Japan

japan-flag-2.png

Wales Lineup:

WalesWorldCup.png

Prediction: 2 - 0 Wales

linebreak.png

Wales meet expectations in strong performance

_46352082_james_collins_celeb_get-1.jpg

James Collins was an unlikely scorer in Wales' 3 - 0 win

Result

Wales - 3

Andy King (23)
James Collins (74)
Sam Vokes (87)
Ryan Giggs injured (37)

Japan - 0

Match Summary

Wales met their expectations today after a strong performance from their midfield. Andy King scored a great long range effort in the 23rd minute to make it 1 - 0. The match then took a dark tone with Ryan Giggs clutching his ankle after a heavy tackle from Harada in midfield. He was then replaced by David Edwards. James Collins put the game beyond Japan in the 74th minute after scoring a close range header after a free for all when panic was created after a Gareth Bale corner kick. After a howler by the Japanese keeper substitute Sam Vokes was there to knock the ball into an empty net.

linebreak.png

Wales vs New Zealand

new-zealand-flag-1.png

Wales Lineup::

WalesWorldCup.png

Ryan Giggs recovers from ankle injury to face New Zealand

Prediction: 3 - 0 Wales

linebreak.png

Ched Evans scores Wales' 2 goals as they brush aside New Zealand

587044B3-DA59-AC06-48198C2AC14DBD57.gif

Ched Evans has been in great form since being given opportunities in Wales' first team

Result

Wales - 2
Ched Evans (28, 50)

New Zealand
Tim Knowles injured (75)

Match Summary

Wales finished off their group stage matches with a strong performances to allow them to the semi final. Ched Evans was the man in form for Wales as they tore apart New Zealand on many occasions.

Loving the story, when Giggsy retires, play Kingy CAM. He's quality there for me at Leicester. What's the best formation for wales as I have just got the Job on my Leicester game. Cheers.

Loving the story, when Giggsy retires, play Kingy CAM. He's quality there for me at Leicester. What's the best formation for wales as I have just got the Job on my Leicester game. Cheers.

I play with a 4 - 4 - 1 - 1 , Balanced, Control, Shorter, Press More, Man Marking, Primary Playmaker will be Andy King who's reverting to AMC (cheers for advice) Quick and Wide Tempo, Rarely time wasting, and focused passing down left flank to make the use of Gareth Bale as much as possible, Collison has been a god for me down the right recently though. His work rate has been amazing for me!

---------- Post added at 04:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 AM ----------

Brazil2014.png

Confederations Cup - Semi Final

confederations-cup-trophy.jpg

Wales face Spain in Confederations Cup Semi Final

linebreak.png

340x-1-1.jpg

"It's certainly going to be a challenge for us, but we will give it our best and put in a strong performance. I feel fit and ready to play against Spain. There are too many danger men to focus on, we will just have to play our pressing style and close the opposition down quickly and not allow them to play their game."

linebreak.png

Wales vs Spain

spain-flag-1.png

Wales Lineup:

WalesWorldCup.png

Prediction: 2 - 0 Spain

linebreak.png

Wales lose out on penalties after hard fought draw

N0608631297151820296A.jpg

James Collin's missed penalty puts Wales out of Confederations Cup

Result

Wales - 1

Ched Evans (74)

Spain - 1

Santiago Cazorla (9)

(Spain win 4 - 2 on pens)

Match Summary

It was heartbreak for Wales and Ryan Giggs as they were put out of the Confederations Cup after drawing in normal time after Ched Evans gave them hope of a dramatic comeback in the 74th minute. Spain scored the first goal in the 9th minute when Santiago Cazorla a close range finish after Wayne Hennessey punch fell to his feet and he slotted home. Gareth Bale was the heart of the goal for Wales played a fabulous ball through the heart of the Spanish defence for Ched Evans score a close range finish.

WALES FACE ARGENTINA IN THIRD FOURTH PLACE PLAYOFF!!!

I'd just like to add, easiest the best story round and maybe the best I've ever read.

Brazil2014.png

Wales face Argentina in Confederations Cup 3rd Place Playoff

Wales1.png

Wales Lineup:

WalesWorldCup.png

vs

flag_256.jpg

Argentina Lineup:

Argies.png

Prediction: 2 - 1 Argentina

linebreak.png

Wales leave Confederations Cup with heads held high

587044B3-DA59-AC06-48198C2AC14DBD57.gif

Result

Wales - 4

Ched Evans (19, 85)
Jack Collison (60, 74)

Argentina - 2
Javier Pastore (67)
Lionel Messi (80)
Juan Forlin sent off (55)

Match Summary

Wales certainly went out with a bang at the Confederations Cup after destroying an Argentina that boasted names such as Javier Pastore, Lionel Messi, Carlos Tevez and Esteban Cambiasso. Wales started the game better and Ched Evans capitalised on their ascendancy when he scored in the 19th minute with a tidy finish after a great through ball by Andy King. After this goal Argentina began to come back into the game but failed to capitalise and then in the 55th minute Juan Forlin was sent off after a push on David Edwards. Wales certainly made the most of their numerical advantage and fired a powerful shot past Sergio Romero. Javier Pastore scored an unbelievable goal for Argentina after a forward ball from Insua he slammed a powerful volley into the goal. Wales didn't wait long to rebuild their two goal advantage after Jack Collison scored a well placed left footed strike. Carlos Tevez and Lionel Messi combined well together to score a close range finish in the 80th minute with Argentina continually pushing forward. The victory was sealed after Gareth Bale played a 35 yard pass over the Argentine defence for Ched Evans to slam the ball into the back of the net.

---------- Post added at 04:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 AM ----------

I'd just like to add, easiest the best story round and maybe the best I've ever read.

Don't want to blow my own trumpet but I've got some truly great ideas coming up!!!

This is awesome! :) unfortunate against spain but finishing third beating the likes of messi and tevez is an achievment in itself for wales! quality :D

Skysportslogo.png

Ryan Giggs ends playing career

ryan_giggs.jpg

Ryan Giggs has had an incredible career and brought great success to the national side

LAST UPDATED 01 JULY 2013 15:12:43​

Manchester United and Wales Legend Ryan Giggs has brought an end to his 24 year spell at his home club.

Ryan Giggs has finally brought his playing career to a close after a 24 year career with Manchester United where he made 941 appearances for the club and scored 181 goals, as well as 104 caps for Wales scoring 56 goals. Ryan Giggs has recently been hailed as the greatest ever Manchester United player in a special poll where only readers of the clubs official magazine.

During Ryan Giggs' Manchester United career he amassed 3 League Cups, 14 Premier League Titles, 8 Charity Shields, 4 FA Cups, 3 Champions Leagues, an Intercontinental Cup, 2 World Club World Championships. Ryan Giggs has been named English Players' Player of the Year of two occasions and English Players' Player of the Year whilst playing for Manchester United.

article-1352154-0CFD2082000005DC-638_634x482.jpg

Ryan Giggs receiving award

Ryan Giggs' retirement has brought a tear to many fans eyes as they feel they have witnessed the growth and the development of this player whilst spending his entire career at the club and grow into the player he has become. Ryan Giggs spoke to MUTV with regards to his retirement.

'It is a really hard day for me, I can't believe that my playing career has finally ended but I feel that I have achieved everything that I could have and would like to pay special respect to Sir Alex Ferguson for allowing me to develop and become the player that I did, to be considered the best Manchester United player of all time is a fantastic honour and the club will always have a place close to my heart.'

Sir Alex Ferguson has also spoken with regards to Ryan Giggs winning the award and his view on Ryan Giggs' time at Manchester United.

Ferguson said: 'Longevity always comes into play in these things, and Ryan’s been around for more time than any other player here. He recently appeared in his 688th league game, which is an exceptional achievement. That won’t be done again, not by one player at the same club.

'And then we can talk about his performances, which have been top class for 20 years. Even now, at the age of 39, he’s amazing.

'It’s quite something to be named number one, isn’t it, considering the competition? When you look at the galaxy of stars that have been at this club, this is a huge honour for Ryan.
'There are some who would maybe put others ahead of him – players such as Denis Law, George Best or Eric Cantona – but nobody can argue he doesn’t deserve to be in that top bracket. Polls like these are so difficult, purely because Manchester United have had so many top footballers over the years.

'I get asked about Ryan all the time, and I always find myself talking about the same attributes – the way he’s looked after his physique, the way he constantly strives to better himself and the way he applies himself to make sure he succeeds. He’s a fantastic role model for young players.'

linebreak.png

Manchester United Official Announcement

Ryan Giggs Testimonial Match will take place on 15th July with ex stars coming to play to celebrate the career of the Welsh Wizard and his career achievements.

linebreak.png

Last edited:
good update

Cheers mate that's all for today but I'll have some good updates during the day tomorrow :)

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 AM ----------

Skysportslogo.png

Ryan Giggs Named Manchester United Manager

265px-Ryan_Giggs_vs_MLS_All_Stars_2010.jpg

LAST UPDATED 03 JULY 2011 13:01:25

Ryan Giggs has been named Manchester United Manager after a glittering career with the Red Devils as a player.

Today Manchester United have unveiled the Red Devils Legendary Ryan Giggs as the man that will lead them forward after the departure of Sir Alex Ferguson. Ryan Giggs has adapted to management with incredible success for his home country Wales making 104 appearances and scoring 56 goals, with 44 of those goals coming since his return from retirement in July 2010.

It has been reported that Ryan Giggs will be hosting a press conference tomorrow where he will be talking with the press about taking over the biggest club in world football and what route he plans to take them. Manchester United have released an official statement that reads.

linebreak.png

'We are delighted to have appointed Ryan Giggs as the new manager as we feel that he can continue where Sir Alex left off and bring success to this great club.'

linebreak.png

There it is sports fans!

Wonderful update thought it may of been coming! i got alot of time for this story! its pure brilliant! keep it going and hope your international success comes to the club management! :D

BBC.png

Arise Sir Ryan

sirgiggsythebest.jpg

Wales and Manchester United Legend Ryan Giggs has today been awarded with a knighthood for his services to Sport.

Dubbed the 'Welsh Wizard', Ryan GIggs has had unparalleled success with club and country winning 35 trophies with Manchester United and 3 trophies with his beloved Wales after returning from retirement to make 40 more caps and scored 44 goals in that 3 year spell, an incredible feat for someone who came out of retirement at the age of 36 years old. These 38 trophies came over a 24 year career which works out at an incredible nearly 1 and a half trophies every year. He also won player accolades such as English Young Players' Player of the Year on 2 occasions, and English Players' Player of the Year, European Championships Best Player and Euro 2012's Golden Boot at the age of 38 years old.

The famously modest man said that he was 'quite an ordinary person' and although it felt strange being awarded with the knighthood that he felt 'honoured.'

Sir Ryan Giggs has recently been named as Manager of Manchester United Football Club after he retired from International Football earlier this week.

After playing 1,045 matches for both Club and Country scoring 285 goals in 24 years many people are suggesting that he is the ideal suitor to Alex Ferguson with the aim of building on the success that has been brought to Manchester United during Alex Ferguson's 27 years in charge of the Red Devils.

Ex Manchester United Boss Sir Alex Ferguson has many times said that he believed Ryan Giggs should have earned a Knighthood saying 'after making over 1000 appearances for both club and country with many being extremely high pressure surely Ryan deserves it.' Ryan Giggs holds a host of footballing records including being the most decorated player in English Football History, he is the only footballer to collect 14 top division English League title medals and also the only player to have played and scored in every single Premier League since its inception in 1992.

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 PM ----------

There it is sports fans!

Wonderful update thought it may of been coming! i got alot of time for this story! its pure brilliant! keep it going and hope your international success comes to the club management! :D

Cheers mate going to try and do both in tandem, see if I can continue to have success with Wales at the same time as Manchester United.

Last edited:
Nice touch with the knighthood

Cheers buddy, yeh I thought it was right that after the Confederations Cup third place finish that it was only fair he should get it before managing Manchester United.

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

Skysportslogo.png

Manchester United Press Conference

1015768.jpg

Sky Sports are bringing you the live coverage of Ryan Giggs' first press conference as Manchester United Manager.

Wales Boss and Red Devils Legend Ryan Giggs yesterday was named the new Manchester United Manager after accepting a 5 year contract worth £80,000 per week. Manchester United Chairman David Gill has the said length of the contract shows that the club has faith in Ryan and believe in his ability at continuing in the same fashion as Sir Alex Ferguson, who has recently taken up a role as a Director on the Board at Manchester United and is also going to be present at Ryan Giggs' first press conference as the new Red Devils Manager.

It's now time to cross over to Old Trafford where Ryan Giggs has just walked out and has taken a seat ready to take questions.

linebreak.png

images3.jpg

Ryan: First of all I would just like to say how honoured I am at being given the opportunity to lead Manchester United into the future, and look forward to the challenges that lie ahead.

Sky Sports: Ryan you are joined by Alex Ferguson today in this Press Conference, do you feel that you can repeat or indeed build on his achievements at the club?

Ryan: Well I feel that I have followed the greatest manager of all time, so no doubt it will be a challenge, but I know all of the players are at the club and there is a still a winning mentality around the ground and I will be looking at utilising that in our efforts to retain the Premier League this season.

The Sun: Alex, what are your views on Ryan Giggs, your longest serving player, following you in managing Manchester United.

Sir Alex: Well I feel that Ryan is one of the greatest players of all time and it has been plain to see for anyone who has watched the boy or seen the effect he can have in a dressing room or training ground. I think this has been shown with Wales, he has been unbelievable for them, if someone had said to you before he took over that he would indeed take over Wales and win a European Championship and 2 Carling Nations Cup's in just 3 years people would have laughed. But it has been an incredible achievement from him and I have no doubt that he can bring great successes to Manchester United.

The Sun: That is certainly high praise Sir Alex, but no doubt that you feel strongly about this. Ryan, changes do you think that you will implement on the current squad?

Ryan: Well I feel that the squad is in good shape, obviously there will be some comings and goings, I have spoken with Sir Alex and David Gill with regards to potential transfers and we have come up with some targets that I feel would boost our squad.

BBC Sport: Ryan, what style of football do you plan to bring to Manchester United under your management?

Ryan: Well I feel that attacking is ingrained into this club, and I feel that the type of players that we have are built for an attacking style of fast paced football, and that is the sort of football that I believe will continue to bring successes to the football club.

BBC Sport: With some players entering the last year of their contracts, will you be looking to tie these down?

Ryan: We are currently in conversation with several players and announcements will be made when these negotiations are completed.

The Mirror: With Old Trafford's building work to be completed by the 1st of September ready for the game against Wolves, how do you feel with regards to the expansion?

Ryan: I think it's going to be an incredible stadium and I will be looking for the fans to create an incredible atmosphere for us, to have 95,000 fans in the Stadium in will be amazing. Thanks for your questions.

And with that Ryan Giggs' first Press Conference as Manchester United boss was over.

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

BBC.png

Vidic signs new Man Utd contract

1a9598e0cac31a2dcfb097629a4686e1.jpg

Vidic has formed an impressive partnership with Johnny Evans

Manchester United centre-half Nemanja Vidic has extended his contract with the club until 2015.

The 31 year old, whose old deal ran out at the end of the current season, moved to United for £7m from Spartak Moscow in 2006.

The Serbian International was unconvincing initially but it did not take him long to find his form and has helped Manchester United clinch 6 League Titles since his arrival.

"Nemanja has played an incredibly important role during the success of this club," Old Trafford boss Sir Ryan Giggs told the club's website.

"He has forged a fantastic partnership with Johnny Evans over the last 2 years after having a great partnership with Rio Ferdinand. It is really great news that he has extended his contract and shows that he wants to help us winning titles in the future."

Vidic has been a key presence for United over the last 7 seasons, with Manchester United maintaining a strong defensive record conceding the fewest goals in several of the last 7 seasons.

"Playing in this team is a great privilege," stated Vidic. "This is a great club, I am delighted to be given the opportunity to continue playing here I feel that we can reach new highs. The fans and everyone at the club have been very special to me. I hope I can do my bit to bring the club even more trophies in the years ahead."

Didnt read this for a few days but wow, Man United just Wow

Cheers mate :) appreciate the feedback, got some great plans for United and with the expansion its going to be epic. Got some nice post's once September comes along.

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

Skysportslogo.png

Manchester United announce record Kit Sponsorship Deal

exxon-mobil-exiting-gas-station-business.jpg

Manchester United have today announced a record Kit Sponsorship Deal with the World's Largest Oil Company Exxon Mobil, worth an incredible £42.5m per season which ends in 2018

With all the success Manchester United's success over the past 27 years, they have now secured a record Kit Sponsorship Deal worth £212.5m over 5 seasons, Manchester United will be putting their new kits for the 2013/2014 season in the coming days showing off the new sponsors Exxon Mobil. Manchester United's Chairman David Gill had this to say.

linebreak.png

"This is an incredible deal for us it shows the power of Manchester United, we believe that this financial injection will allow us to continue to clear the debt that the club currently has as well as investing in the squad to allow us to continue the success that the fans of this club expect."

linebreak.png

Manchester United already headed the sponsorship charts before securing this unbelievable deal, the club last season secured £61.8m from all of their sponsorships and this new deal will allow them to gain a massive £42.5m from just their kit sponsorship. Exxon Mobil Chairman Rex W. Tillerson spoke about their new record sponsorship deal with Manchester United.

linebreak.png

"We are delighted to secure this sponsorship deal with Manchester United we feel that this is in the best interest of both the club and our business. We have recently recorded record profit levels and feel that to continually boost that we wanted to sponsor a successful Football Club, and what better club is there in the world than Manchester United."

Manchester United boss Sir Ryan Giggs has also announced that they have secured two new signings and will unveil them later this week.

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

unitedbar.png

Manchester United unveil 2013/14 Kits

1015768.jpg

We at Manchester United are delighted to unveil our new 2013/14 season kits after announcing their new massive £42.5m per season sponsorship deal

Home

manutdhm.png

Away

manutda.png

Third

manutdt.png

This has really progressed! I love it, new kits and sponsors! knighthood! mate this is the best story on here by miles! KIU :D

Status
Not open for further replies.