The Rise of the Red Dragon - A Welsh Story

• Thread starter Thread starter eddybw
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 988
  • Views Views 106K
Status
Not open for further replies.
looks good mate will follow. i felt hounerd to be making kits for this story as it is one of the best on the site

This has really progressed! I love it, new kits and sponsors! knighthood! mate this is the best story on here by miles! KIU :D

Got plenty more coming transfers, stadium, and of course the actual matches haha!!!

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

BBC.png

United complete first signing

Giggs_415.jpg

Sir Ryan Giggs has today completed the signing of Wales starlet Marc Jones from Birmingham City for £5m + future bonuses

Manchester United today completed their first signing of the transfer window signing the young flamboyant midfielder Marc Jones, who Sir Ryan Giggs gave an opportunity at international level when he made his debut against Montenegro in September 2011. Marc Jones has gone on to have 20 caps for Wales and scored 6 goals during those appearances. During spells at Cardiff City and Birmingham City he scored 14 goals and assisted 14 in 60 appearances, in the Championship and Premier League.

Sir Ryan spoke about his respect and delight at signing the young Welsh midfielder. 'I am delighted that we have completed the signing of Marc Jones, he is a magnificent player and has been fabulous for me playing for Wales. I feel that Marc will be able to play for Manchester United for along time and believe he will bring some more invention and creativity to our midfield.'

At a glance Marc Jones is a 6 foot 2, 18 year old midfielder who has pace to burn, an engine to match, as well as being incredibly technically gifted and having an eye for a pass. Many believe that he is in the same model as a certain United Legend Paul Scholes with pace. Marc Jones spoke of his delight to play for such a successful club as Manchester United and also was overjoyed to be able to play under his icon Ryan Giggs.

'It is the best day of my life so far, to come to Manchester United is an unbelievable feeling I have always supported the Red Devils since I was growing up in Cardiff watching Ryan Giggs play for them. I certainly hope I can win titles and allow them to maintain the incredible success levels that they have.'

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

looks good mate will follow. i felt hounerd to be making kits for this story as it is one of the best on the site

Cheers mate, I am delighted to have you making my kits I think they are perfect and will certainly be back for new ones next season :D It's these comments that make the work worth while!

Cheers mate, I am delighted to have you making my kits I think they are perfect and will certainly be back for new ones next season :D It's these comments that make the work worth while!

no problem mate if my request thread is closed by the time you want some new kits just pm me.

eddybw please pick a different manafactur as i don't have under armour

Skysportslogo.png

Manchester United ring the changes

1015768.jpg

New Manchester United boss Sir Ryan Giggs has shipped out 6 players in an effort to reshape the squad.

Sir Ryan Giggs has rung the changes as he plans to put his own mark on the Manchester United squad, with six players departing.

Name - Fee - Club

Balazs Dzsudzak - £15M - Olympique Lyonnais
Tomasz Kuszczak - £6M - Tottenham Hotspur
Antonio Nocerino - £24M - Napoli
Stephane Ruffier - £8.5M - A.C. Milan
Park Chu Young - £15M - Barcelona
Rasmus Elm - £14M - Getafe

Total Income - £83M

Sir Ryan Giggs on Player Exits

"I feel that these player sales are for the best interest off both the club and the individual players. The most surprising I think is Antonio Nocerino who only arrived last season for £19m from Palermo and did play well, but I feel that he does not fit into my plans and that I want to focus on bringing some new younger faces into the squad to provide long term stability."

Manchester United have also revealed that they have secured 2 more signings and they will be announced later this week. As they plan to complete all of their business before the club begins their pre-season on 20th July 2013.

good luck for this season just in the middle of making your kits.

good luck for this season just in the middle of making your kits.

Thanks again, got some signings coming up in next update.

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 PM ----------

Skysportslogo.png

Manchester United Bring in 2 New Faces

01343330200.jpg

Jason Steele has been a strong performer for Middlesborough

Sir Ryan Giggs has brought in 2 new faces as he prepares Manchester United's squad for the coming 2013/14 Season

The first of the two signings is young 22 year old Jason Steele who completed his move from Middlesborough today after they were forced to accept a £1M bid from Manchester United after he requested a transfer once he heard the interest from Sir Ryan Giggs' club. It is reported that he has signed on a 3 year deal that takes him to the summer of 2016 on a weekly wage of £35,000.

Jason Steele has represented England Under- 21's 10 times and made 102 League appearances for Middlesborough since breaking through into the first team in the 2010/11 season. Manchester United boss Sir Ryan Giggs has spoken with regards to the signing.

'I am delighted with the signing of Jason Steele from Boro he is a great talent, has fantastic Aerial Ability and is not scared to come out and claim crosses. I feel Jason is ready to be thrust into the first team as he has the quality.'

Manchester United's second signing is a young 16 year old Frenchman Kilian Kern from Lille believed to be in the region on £2M plus future benefits. He has come after Sir Ryan Giggs' French scout David Friio reported back from his trip to France and provided a glowing scout report.

Sir Ryan Giggs released a statement after the signing of young Kilian, 'Kilian has all the attributes to be a fantastic player for Manchester United, he is technically gifted as well as having a great team ethic and movement, he is also incredibly determined to gain success and these are the players that we want to represent us at Manchester United.'

Kilian Kern has signed on a £55 per week contract that lasts until 2017, but no doubt if he breaks into the first team Manchester United will look to tie him down long term.

Jason Steele Attributes
22 years old
(GK)

JasonSteeleProfile_Attributes.png

Kilian Kern Attributes
16 years old
(CM)

KilianKernProfile_Attributes.png

When's the next update, love this story so much. Like seeing how Kingy gets on as well.

Will be tomorrow now mate, probably in the morning got work then so will have more done later on tomorrow as well :)

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 AM ----------

Skysportslogo.png

Manchester United secure Belgian Star

image-4-for-gallery-marouane-fellaini-picture-gallery-183917350.jpg

Marouane Fellaini has fallen out of favour with Manchester City

Today Manchester United have secured the services of the tireless ex Everton defensive midfielder from Manchester City.

This may come as a surprise to many people as new Manchester United boss Sir Ryan Giggs has signed a Marouane Fellaini from their fierce rivals Manchester City for a cut price fee of £4M. Fellaini first came to English football in 2008 when he arrived at Everton for £17.5M and became a vital part of David Moyes' plans, but with Everton suffering from financial difficulties they were forced to sell him in 2011 to Manchester City for £15.5M where he went on to make 227 appearances before then manager Roberto Mancini was sacked by Manchester City and he fell out of favour and has since spent 6 months on loan in Germany with Werder Bremen.

Sir Ryan Giggs has spoken out against people who have questioned signing an ex Manchester City player. "Marouane is an exceptional talent, he is a great defensive midfielder an area I feel that we are weak at the moment, this is a great signing for Manchester United. Despite him being a Manchester United player he never fully felt that he belonged to them because of their continual efforts to bring in new players each season so I feel that we have got an excellent deal here."

Marouane Fellaini has spoken of his delight to be joining Manchester United, "It is an great feeling, to be joining Manchester United. They are the best club in the world and to be given the opportunity to have play for them and hopefully I can help them to win trophies."

linebreak.png

Manchester United have also secured a somewhat unknown 18 year old Argentine keeper Jose Luis Campodonico from Argentine club Colon de Santa Fe for a fee of £500K and believed to be on a £2,800 p/w deal. The young Goalkeeper has been a player on Manchester United's radar for a while with rumoured interest back in January last year.

Sir Ryan Giggs has spoken of his delight of securing the services of Campodonico, "He is an incredibly talented young goalkeeper and has a great future with us, he has all the attributes to become a world class keeper."

Jose Luis Campodonico Attributes
18 years old
(GK)

JosLuisCampodnicoProfile_Attributes.png

Manchester United boss Sir Ryan Giggs also said "This is our last signing of the transfer window as I feel that the squad has great strength in depth and that we will be able to continue fighting for trophies on all fronts."

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

PremierLeagueWebsite.png

680.png

Manchester United Name 25 Man Squad

Goalkeepers:

Jason Steele
Sam Johnstone (U21)
Jose Luis Campodonico (U21)

Defenders:
John O'Shea
Brede Hangeland
Rio Ferdinand
Jonny Evans
Nemanja Vidic
Chris Smalling
Alvin Arrondel (U21)
Rafael
Patrice Evra
Fabio Coentrao

Midfielders:
Juan Manuel Vargas
Michael Carrick
Marouane Fellaini
Darren Fletcher
Marc Jones (U21)
Nani
Xabi Prieto
Antonio Valencia
Anderson
Antonio Candreva
Kilian Kern (U21)

Forwards:
Dimitar Berbatov
Federico Macheda
Wayne Rooney
Chicarito
Michael Nelson (U21)

Sir Ryan Giggs Squad Summary:

Overall I feel that we have plenty of strength in depth in all area's of the pitch with vast amounts of experience in defence, as well as a great number of top quality midfielders this is down to Sir Alex building a fantastic squad throughout his career. I feel that we have a good blend on youth and experience as we look to push on and remain the top club in the Premier League.

good luck for the season

Cheers buddy, feel that the squad is certainly strong enough to push on this season, would love to win Man Utd's 4th PL in a row.

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

Skysportslogo.png

Benitez back at Liverpool

Rafa-Benitez.jpg

Benitez has been out of a job since being removed from Real Madrid in June

Shock return today at Anfield as Rafa Benitez has been reappointed after Kenny Dalglish retired in July leaving a managerial vacancy at Liverpool.

Liverpool owners NESV have shocked many people today after announcing that their new manager to replace the retired Kenny Dalglish with the manager that was removed from managing Liverpool at the end of the 2009/10 season. Since leaving Liverpool in 2010 Rafa Benitez has enjoyed some poor spells with Inter Milan and Real Mardrid where he finished 7th and 4th respectively in two seasons.

The 2013/14 season starts on the 17 August with Liverpool playing West Ham at home on home, this will no doubt be a match that Benitez will want to get off to winning ways to continue where Kenny Dalglish left off, finishing in 3 consecutive seasons. Rafa Benitez has released a statement since arriving at Anfield.

'I am delighted to return to Liverpool, I feel it is my home, and I hope to bring some success to the club. We aim to win the league this season, and it will be up to Manchester United to stop us, which I think they will struggle with!'

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

skybet341x296.gif

Sky Bet release 2013/14 Premier League Odds - Title Winners

Manchester City - 1/2
Manchester United - 2/1
Liverpool - 5/1
Arsenal - 10/1
Chelsea - 15/1

Sky Bet relegation odds

Stoke City - 1/3
Blackpool - 1/2
Burnley - 2/1
Wolves - 2/1
Fulham - 3/1

you should buy your welsh regen, would be interesting how playing him for a big club like man u, will improve his chances in the national team. Also Bale would be a class signing...replacement for giggs!

you should buy your welsh regen, would be interesting how playing him for a big club like man u, will improve his chances in the national team. Also Bale would be a class signing...replacement for giggs!

Yeh I signed Marc Jones the regen who's an unbelievable player, I am thinking about Bale, and I am considering it, but when you look at the squad, Nani, Vargas, Coentrao all left naturals, it'd be hard to keep them all happy if got Bale, I'm going to try and make the most of the youth players as well.

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

Skysportslogo.png

Manchester United face Arsenal in Charity Shield

charityshield.jpg

Hello I'm Jeff Stelling and welcome to Sky Sports coverage of Sir Ryan Giggs' first competitive match as Manchester United manager.

I am joined today by ex Manchester United Paul Scholes and ex Arsenal Striker Alan Smith who I will asking for their views and opinions on the match. Manchester United will surely be attempting to lift the trophy for an 18th time as they face an Arsenal side that have become more physical and look more dangerous now under new manager Roberto Mancini after Arsene Wenger retired at the end of last season to take up a roll in the boardroom.

Paul what do you think of Manchester United's chances today with Ryan in charge.

'Well I think Ryan has made some good signings, he's brought in young Marc Jones who played under him for Wales and looks a great talent, no doubt he will be looking to give him some opportunities in the coming matches. I have to say I think Manchester United will have the upper hand today, I just feel that Wayne has been in incredible form for us and built up a great partnership with young Chicarito.'

So with Paul not surprisingly going for a Manchester United win its time to take a long at the team sheets that have just come in.

linebreak.png

Manchester United Lineup:

680.png

ArsenalvsUnited-1.png

vs

Arsenal Lineup:

602.png

Arsenal-1.png

Prediction: 2 - 1 Manchester United

linebreak.png

So Manchester United lineup in a 4 - 4 - 2 against Arsenal's 4 - 2 - 3 - 1, Alan what do you make of Arsenal's chances in this match.

'Arsenal have made some good acquisitions I feel that Craig Gordon is that strong goal keeper that they have needed for so long can really push on this season. I feel that this is the opportunity for Arsenal to kick off and get off to a winning start, Manchester United have only lined up in a 4 - 4 - 2 so their midfield will have to work extremely hard to close down Arsenal.'

Certainly some good points their Alan, young Marc Jones makes his Manchester United debut in a team that consists of many long serving Manchester United players with only Xabi Prieto signed in 2010 and Jason Steele making his debut in goal, looking out of place from a squad that has performed so well over the last 7 years.

We will have our result and feedback in our next update.

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

Skysportslogo.png

Manchester United Lift Community Shield

DarrenFletcherChelseavManchesterUnitedLB23qPD8mlzl.jpg

Result

Manchester United - 2

Chicarito (22)
Wayne Rooney (25)

Arsenal - 1
Nicklas Bendtner (66)
Samir Nasri injured (33)

ATTENDANCE: 90,000
REFEREE: Howard Webb​

Match Summary

Sir Ryan Giggs' club managerial career got started with a fantastic 2 - 1 victory over rivals Arsenal at Wembley stadium. It was thanks to Chicarito and Wayne Rooney who scored a quickfire double in the 22nd and 25th minute to put the game beyond Arsenal, there was a late fightback but Arsenal never looked in control and like they would get anything out of the game. On another day it could have been 3 or 4 to Manchester United.

Last edited:
Cheers mate me too will get some more updates done after 5 :)

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

English Premier League Kicks off

11-2.png

Manchester United manager Sir Ryan Giggs is looking forward to starting the campaign and no doubt will want the team to get the season started with a victory. Himself and club Chief Executive David Gill have set their sights on a Premiership Title, with the minimum expectation a title challenge. As well as progressing well in the domestic cups and the Champions League.

In this years Champions League it has been announced that Manchester United will start in Group C alongside...

[FONT=&quot]
947.png
Hamburg
[FONT=&quot]
983.png
[/FONT] Panathinaikos
[FONT=&quot]
1488.png
[/FONT] S.C Braga

With Sir Ryan Giggs at the clubs helm morale is certainly high and the club is no doubt looking to continue with their domestic domination this season. It looks that the Manchester United boss favours a strike force of Javier 'Chicarito' Hernandez and Wayne Rooney leading the line as they have been in fabulous form in pre-season and performed admirably against Arsenal in the Community Shield.

Manchester United's Premier League August fixture list is as follows,

11.png
17.8.2013 - [FONT=&quot]
721.png
[/FONT] Stoke (Away)
[FONT=&quot]
11.png
[/FONT] 24.8.2013 - [FONT=&quot]
622.png
[/FONT] Burnley (Away)

linebreak.png

11.png

EPL - Match Day 1
Stoke City 0 - 1 Man United
Chicarito (36)
Darren Fletcher injured (65)

W Rooney - Chicarito

Nani - D Fletcher - M Jones - X Prieto

P Evra - J Evans - N Vidic - Rafael

J Steele

Hernandez.png

Javier 'Chicarito' Hernandez was the man who popped up with the goal for Manchester United today to secure the winner in a match that the Red Devils dominated throughout. After pushing forward for much of the first half it wasn't until the 36th minute that Manchester United found their way through after Wayne Rooney forced his way through the Stoke City defence before squaring the ball for Chicarito to smash one in from close range.

Stoke City Asmir Begovic put in a man of the match performance against the Red Devils pulling off some fantastic saves that prevented the scoreline being more emphatic in favour of United. United boss Sir Ryan Giggs will no doubt be delighted with starting their Premier League campaign with a victory.

11.png

EPL - Match Day 2
Burnley 2 - 3 Man United
Easton (30), Bikey (66) - Wayne Rooney (21, 23, 62)
Easton sent off (52)

W Rooney - Chicarito

Nani - Anderson - M Jones - X Prieto

P Evra - J Evans - N Vidic - Rafael

J Steele

Rooney.png

Manchester United's Wayne Rooney put in a performance of the highest quality against a Burnley side that was not going to give up despite dropping down to 10 men. Wayne Rooney opened the scoring in the 21st minute after flamboyant young midfielder Marc Jones found him with a great pass on the edge of the box for Wayne to place a shot past the outstretched Burnley keeper. A fabulous run from Chicarito provided Wayne Rooney with his second after squaring to make it a simple finish.

Burnley's Brian Easton then pulled one back in the 30th minute after scoring a close range headed finish from a Danny Fox corner kick, before receiving his marching orders in the 52nd minute after pulling back Xabi Prieto when clean through. Manchester United didn't wait long to capitalise on this mistake after new signing Kilian Kern found Wayne Rooney on the edge of the box with a great pass for Wayne to smash in a powerful left footed shot.

Burnley continued to throw men forward and got a consolation 4 minutes later as Andre Bikey scored a headed effort from another set piece. Sir Ryan Giggs after the game spoke about putting more work into their defending from set pieces, as in open play they looked a solid unit.[/FONT]​

I love the style and format! its really effective and its a quality read! Im hooked on this and you've made a fantastic start to this season buddy! :) keep it up! :D

I love the style and format! its really effective and its a quality read! Im hooked on this and you've made a fantastic start to this season buddy! :) keep it up! :D

Cheers buddy, got a busy September, with Internationals and Premier League, Champions League and Carling Cup matches haha!!! Busy times.

The joy of club management entwined with international management lol :) you checked mine out lately? If not got a few sneaky updates ;)

The joy of club management entwined with international management lol :) you checked mine out lately? If not got a few sneaky updates ;)

Yeh I saw the one where you won the Champions league will have another look now, :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back