The Rise of the Red Dragon - A Welsh Story

• Thread starter Thread starter eddybw
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 988
  • Views Views 106K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloomin' heck that must of been one **** of a Brazilian masterclass of chocking there against the Belarusians.

Bloomin' heck that must of been one **** of a Brazilian masterclass of chocking there against the Belarusians.

Just doing the Greece update mate edge of the seat stuff :)

yeh shocking man I'm tempted to upload the highlights, but don't know if worth it haha! I was shocked to see it!

---------- Post added at 03:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 AM ----------

Brazil2014.png

801.png

Wales face Greece in Second Round

With the world still shaking after hosts Brazil were knocked out by lowly Belarus it's time to turn our focus to Wales who face Greece in their Second Round knock out match. Sir Ryan Giggs' side are currently top scorers in the World Cup having scored 12 goals in their first 3 games and with the hosts knocked out they look to capitalise today and defeat a Greece side that performed well in their Group Stage, only suffering defeat to hosts Brazil. Sensation Welsh playmaker Marc Jones has spoken about their clash with Greece today.

'I really think that this team has the potential to achieve great things, Greece are a good side but we have played them twice in the past and scored 6 without reply. But this is obviously a different match and anything can happen in football. The boss has given us confidence and we really think that if we can get through into the Quarters then we have every chance of succeeding.'

100100-1.png

Saturday 28.6.2014
World Cup - Second Round Match
Wales
801-1.png
772-1.png
Greece

Andy King (66), Marc Jones (80) - Sotiris Ninis (60)
Nikos Spyropoulos injured (58)

C Evans

A King

G Bale - M Jones - A Ramsey - J Collison

N Taylor - J Collins - A Williams - C Gunter

W Hennessey

Wales-Fan.jpg

MoM: Marc Jones (9.0)

A comeback inspired by 18 year old sensation Marc Jones saved Wales from suffering defeat against a resilient Greek side. Wales dominated possession for long periods of the game but could not break down the sturdy Greek defence. In the first half Sir Ryan Giggs' men had an incredible 70% of possession but were restricted to long range efforts hitting the post on one occasion thanks to a stinging Andy King effort.

As the second half began Wales started on the back foot as Greek danger man Sotiris Ninis scored with a neat finish on the hour mark to put them into the lead. The Welsh side looked visibly stunned after dominating the game for such long periods. Then out of nothing Marc Jones fired a powerful shot from 30 yards that beat the keeper but came flying back off the bar for none other than Andy King to be there to fire the ball into an empty net to bring the game level. The confidence was back and Wales continued to push on, and once again a wonder goal from the young Marc Jones who fired a powerful effort that beat the despairing Tzorvas in the Greek goal.

WalesvGreeceInformation_Overview.png

Sir Ryan Giggs on victory over Greece

808e9378926845c68205f16dac7dc24d-1.jpg

'It was a fabulous victory for us today, young Marc once again showed the quality he has, he dragged us out of a hole today. We really should have scored more but none the less I am delighted to win, and claim our place in the last 8. It's just time to see who else get's through. I am not worried who we draw in the Quarter's, I have confidence in my team and know that we can give any team in the world a game.'

It's King, It's King, It's Andy, Andy King. He get's the ball he scores a goal Andy, Andy King!

Brazil2014.png

793.png

Scotland overcome Croatian challenge

Another World Cup shock as outsiders Scotland have defeated Euro 2012 finalists Croatia 1 - 0 in a fantastic back to the wall display. The Scottish goal came in the 25th minute after a fantastic solo effort from David Goodwillie where he fired the ball from outside the area to beat the despairing Delac in the Croatian goal. Scotland have once again pulled a fantastic performance out of the bag as they claim yet another scalp in this World Cup. This result has left the Scottish fans delighted with the performance and look forward to the Quarter Final Draw. Scotland were lucky to avoid defeat as Ivan Rakitic missed a penalty in the 55th minute as Croatia continued to push forward.

CroatiavScotlandInformation_Overview-1.png

---------- Post added at 03:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 AM ----------

It's King, It's King, It's Andy, Andy King. He get's the ball he scores a goal Andy, Andy King!

Great player is Andy King, keeps playing well for me!! :)

Jesus Scotland, why can't you play like this in real life? Who's the manager of Scotland?

Jesus Scotland, why can't you play like this in real life? Who's the manager of Scotland?

Still Craig Levein, I'm surprised they performed terribly last time! Looking at being a great World Cup so far!

can smell a wales v scotland final ;)

Haha I'd love that lol, got 100% record against them so far, got perfect tactics to beat them!

---------- Post added at 03:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 AM ----------

Brazil2014.png

801.png

World Cup 2014 - Quarter Final Draw

Belarus
758.png
vs
793.png
Scotland
Wales
801-1.png
vs
1653.png
Colombia
Ghana
21.png
vs
1657.png
Uruguay
Spain
796.png
vs
769.png
France

So Wales face Colombia in the World Cup Quarter Final and Scotland face giant killers Belarus. We certainly have a great set of fixtures here and some shocks from the last round as Ghana knocked out Italy after winning on penalties. Uruguay overcame a strong Portugal side that contained Manchester United sensation Nani as well as Cristiano Ronaldo. Else where there were no surprises.

I'll post any results regarding Scotland and other teams :)

---------- Post added at 04:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 AM ----------

Brazil2014.png

801.png

Wales look to Colombian clash

Wales today are looking forward to their clash with South American side Colomiba as they look to book their place in the Semi Finals. Colombia have performed extremely well so far in the World Cup defeating England, Scotland, Egypt and Saudi Arabia to get this far. Their star player has been Falcao who has scored an incredible 4 goals in their first 4 matches. If Wales are to get anything out of this game it will be important for them to keep tabs on the talented Barcelona forward.

100100-1.png

Friday 4.7.2014
World Cup - Quarter Final Match
Wales
801-1.png
1653.png
Colombia

Ched Evans (4), Andy King (59) - Falcao (27)

C Evans

A King

G Bale - M Jones - A Ramsey - J Collison

N Taylor - J Collins - A Williams - C Gunter

W Hennessey

1960089-vlarge.jpg

MoM: Andy King (8.3)

A fantastic performance from Manchester United midfielder Andy King inspired a victory against a resilient Colombian side. Despite Wales being the team on the back foot for most of the the game they got off to a flying start in the 4th minute after Andy King played a fabulous ball through for Ched Evans to finish with aplomb past the Colombian keeper.

WalesvColombiaInformation_Overview.png

Colombia continued to push forward and eventually broke through the Welsh defence and their star man Falcao scored a well placed finish to equalise on 27 minutes. Colombia were then pushing forward to try and get a winner as Aaron Ramsey started a well worked counter attacking move and played the ball to ever present midfielder Andy King and he unleashed a fabulous strike that beat the Colombian keeper. It was a fantastic performance from the midfielder as he drove Wales into their first ever Semi Final appearance.

linebreak.png

Brazil2014.png

793.png

Scotland defeat Belarus 2 - 0

A fantastic performance from the home nation Scotland as they overcame Belarus in a strong performance. Once again an unbelievable back to the wall performance from the Scots as they absorbed pressure for long periods before executing a fabulous counter attacking move where Steven Fletcher scored a well placed finish in the 84th minute. The game was well and truly over in the 95th minute James McFadden scored a penalty.

BelarusvScotlandInformation_Overview.png

linebreak.png

Brazil2014.png

100100.png

World Cup 2014 - Semi Final Draw

Scotland
793.png
vs
796.png
Spain
Wales
801-1.png
vs
1657.png
Uruguay

Scotland face tough opponents in the Semi Final draw as they face the current Holders Spain. Whereas Wales face who have performed extremely well so far this season.

Oh my god. King get's the winner for Wales and Scotland progress through to the Semi's. Best. Update. Ever.

Pssst.... Lengthy udate

Man i bow down to you im starting a scotland game do u have any tip and once again freakin brill mate

Oh my god. King get's the winner for Wales and Scotland progress through to the Semi's. Best. Update. Ever.

Pssst.... Lengthy udate

Ok mate checking it out in a minute cheers buddy Scotland look a good team to manage!! Some great talent there!!

---------- Post added at 04:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 AM ----------

Man i bow down to you im starting a scotland game do u have any tip and once again freakin brill mate

Cheers buddy I'll have another update in a bit, I find international football is good to play with one man up front and flood the midfield it seems to work really well for me and has done, you need someone who can play the AMC role really well though.

---------- Post added at 04:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 AM ----------

Brazil2014.png

Scotland reach World Cup Final

793.png

Scotland have reached the World Cup Final after overcoming the current holders after an incredible team performance. The Scots opened the scoring in just the 10th minute when Graham Dorrans scored a well struck effort after some fantastic work from influential striker David Goodwillie. Spain looked visually shocked when this goal in as they once again feared a shock defeat as in Spain's two previous meetings since 2010 they have not managed to beat the Scots and haven't scored a goal against them. However in the 27th minute they broke this barren spell after Fernando Torres skilfully turned and fired a powerful shot past the despairing Craig Gordon. In a World Cup that has already provided a number of giant killings, the ultimate was just about to happen when David Goodwillie unleashed an unbelievable effort from the edge of the area to complete the unthinkable.

ScotlandvSpainInformation_Overview.png

David Goodwillie's wonderstrike:

YouTube - Scotland vs Spain - Goodwillie Goal 62nd minute

Last edited:
Great update mate. Scotland and Wales... but um... Where are England... Oh yea.. were bending over sucking Capello off!! lol Any Tips for signing for Tottenham I'm near end of transfer window

Great update mate. Scotland and Wales... but um... Where are England... Oh yea.. were bending over sucking Capello off!! lol Any Tips for signing for Tottenham I'm near end of transfer window

Still got to play Uruguay mate, but still a chance :) Andy King mate, if you want a midfielder he's epic. What position you after?

Wow, that's well. That's made my day and jesus. WHAT a strike from Goodwillie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back