• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 988
  • Views Views 106K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brazil2014.png

801.png

Wales face Uruguay in Semi Final Clash

We are expecting a close match today after for the Welsh today as they prepare for their match against Uruguay, a team who have already performed extremely well in the World Cup having beaten, Ghana, Portugal and France as well as drawing against U.S.A and Iran. Uruguay are looking to improve on their 3rd place finish in 2010 after their fourth position finish where they were defeated by Germany in the play off. Wales look forward to the match with all their key men fit it's certainly going to be a close affair.

100100-1.png

Wednesday 9.7.2014
World Cup - Semi Final Match
Wales
801-1.png
1657.png
Uruguay (AET)

Rob Earnshaw (92) - Diego Forlan (118)
Jack Collison injured (67)

S Vokes

A King

G Bale - M Jones - A Ramsey - J Collison

N Taylor - J Collins - A Williams - C Gunter

W Hennessey

TIE GOES TO PENALITES

WALES: Rob Earnshaw steps up for the first penalty... MISSES

URUGUAY: Godin steps up for Uruguays first penalty... BLASTS OVER THE BAR

WALES: Adam Matthews is next to step up... SCORES 1 - 0 Wales

URUGUAY: Forlan steps up for Uruguay... SCORES 1 - 1

WALES: Sam Vokes steps up to the plate... GOAL 2 - 1 Wales

URUGUAY: Maxi Pereira stepped up to take the spot kick... OFF THE POST 2 - 1 Wales

WALES: Marc Jones ran up to take the kick... GOES WIDE 2 - 1 Wales

URUGUAY: Alvaro Fernandez took the penalty... SAVED 2 - 1 Wales

WALES: James Collins can win the World Cup Semi Final for Wales... GOAL GOAL GOAL GOAL

WALES ARE IN THE WORLD CUP FINAL TO FACE SCOTLAND

N0608631297151820296A.jpg

James Collins scored the winning penalty for Wales as they reach the World Cup Final where they will be facing home nation Scotland.

Fantastic mate really well done. I bet when you missed the first you were like oh... F***

Fantastic mate really well done. I bet when you missed the first you were like oh... F***

Oh yeh so chuffed to win on pens, great performance!!! Can't believe Earnshaw missed and after coming on as a sub and scoring!! Oh god lol!

Bit thighter than you would of liked there, kinda good luck in the final. ;)

bbcsport1u-1.png

linebreak.png

100100.png

linebreak.png

Brazil World Cup 2014 Final Coverage

801.png
793.png

WALES VS SCOTLAND

Live from Maracana Stadium, Rio de Janeiro

Maracana.png

Hello I'm Gary Lineker and welcome to BBC Sports coverage of tonight's World Cup Final where we have a final that not many would have predicted at the start of the season, consisting of Wales and Scotland. We're at the Maracana Stadium in Rio de Janeiro as we the preparations are complete and it's just moments till kick off.

Today I'm joined by former England and Newcastle Star Alan Shearer, former Liverpool and Fulham manager Roy Hodgson and A.C Milan and Dutch legend Clarence Seedorf. There are been some incredible shocks so far in this World Cup, alot that people might not have expected, Belarus beating Brazil, Scotland overcoming Croatia and Brazil, as well as overcoming our beloved England.

BBCSTudio.png

Lineker: What do you make of this years World Cup then Alan, I mean we've certainly had some shocks who do you think can go all the way?

Shearer: Well looking at current form and their performances so far in the tournament after a strong start Wales seemed to have slowed down in their progression they have struggled in all of their knock out matches. I wouldn't be surprised if the fixture congestion that their star men have suffered from, I mean if you look at the likes of Gareth Bale, Andy King and Marc Jones they have all played an incredible number of fixtures so far this season. I do feel that Scotland have to be the favourites today, this prediction may shock alot of people but I have a feeling that they might just overcome Wales today.

Lineker: Who would you say are Scotland's danger men in today's match then?

Shearer: Well if you look at their fixtures, the stand out performer as been Sunderland striker David Goodwillie he has put in some fabulous performances for Scotland so far in the World Cup and I really think he can cause Wales some problems today they will have to keep more than an eye on him.

Lineker: Ok thanks for that Alan, here's the Scottish line up and it is much as expected.

linebreak.png

793.png

Scotland Line Up:

Scotland.png

Subs: Alan McGregor, Gary Caldwell, Andy Webster, James McArthur, Steven Naismith, Garry Kenneth, Paul Coutts, Danny Fox, John Fleck, Paul Gallagher, Iain Turner

linebreak.png

So Scotland line up in Craig Levein's favoured 4 - 1 - 2 - 1 - 2 formation with Steven Fletcher and David Goodwillie leading the lines, with talented James McFadden providing support from the point of a diamond. With a fantastically talented midfield partnership of Darren Fletcher and Charlie Adam, who will no doubt aim to go out there today and take the game to Wales.

Lineker: Roy, what do you make of that Scotland line up then, certainly looks like their going to be looking for their full backs to get forward.

Hodgson: Well I think that the Scotland midfield is extremely strong and would cause the best of sides trouble, as it already has done in Spain, England and Croatia. They also have a great strike force in David Goodwillie and Steven Fletcher who are bound to cause Wales problems today.

Lineker: Who do you think will get the win today then Roy?

Hodgson: I think I'm going to have to go for Wales I know their missing two players as I'm sure will be shown in a minute, I just think that they have a fear factor about them where Scotland just won't be able to take the early pressure. If they can absorb that then I think Scotland have a chance but I just think that Wales has too much attacking talent today.

Lineker: Thanks Roy, right and here is that Wales line up, and as mentioned by Roy they are missing two players. Andy Williams through suspension, and Jack Collison through his injury that he suffered against Uruguay.

linebreak.png

801.png

Walesvsscotland.png

Subs: David Jones, David Edwards, Rob Earnshaw, Boaz Myhill, Joe Ledley, Neal Eardley, Simon Church, Adam Matthews, Jason Brown, Sam Vokes

linebreak.png

Lineker: So Wales line up in their classic 4 - 4 - 1 - 1 who have performed extremely well under the reign of Sir Ryan Giggs. Clarence what do you make of the Welsh line up?

Seedorf: Well I think they might have surprised people by pushing Aaron Ramsey onto the right side of their midfield, as a wide midfielder. That's certainly an interesting move from the manager. The inclusion of Robbie Savage shows that Wales are looking to put pressure on Scotland and stop them from playing their game. Of course the danger men are the Manchester United trio who have been in impeccable form so far this World Cup. I really do favour Wales in this match.

Lineker: Thanks for that Clarence right it's time to cross over to our commentator Jonathan Pearce and Chris Coleman, as Wales prepare for their first World Cup Final of their history.

linebreak.png

bbcsport1u-1.png

Wales vs Scotland - Live Commentary

1528: Welcome to BBC Sport's coverage of Brazil's World Cup Final, a final that they very much expected to be part of but just how different has it turned out to be as we are here to watch Wales against Scotland.

1530: It's sunny today as expected at the Maracana, as Wales kick us off today
IMG_0031.jpg

and look to claim their second major piece of Silverware under evergreen Sir Ryan Giggs.

1531: GOAL Wales 1 - 0 Scotland (Bale)
Wales Goal: What a decision, Sir Ryan Giggs opted to play Aaron Ramsey on the right side of
IMG_0026.jpg

midfield, and it's already paid off as he picks up the ball from Chris Gunter before cutting inside Scotland defender Lee Wallace puts a fantastic ball to the far post for Gareth Bale to rise the highest to put Wales into the lead. Whittaker will be disappointed as he didn't see Bale making the run and was just left standing in disbelief.

1536: Scotland immediately try to hit back as David Goodwillie creates a chance for himself out of nothing before firing just wide of the post.

BBC Radio 5 live summariser Pat Nevin: "[On the goal] Poor defending, if Scotland lose this
IMG_0030.jpg

they will look back at this loss of concentration as the start of it. Steven Whittaker really should have seen Bale coming in - absolutely shocking defending."

1539: GOAL Wales 2 - 0 Scotland (King)
Wales Goal: Scotland are in tatters, Wales start the move from the back of the pitch
IMG_0026.jpg

as they resume play from David Goodwillie's shot. Neil Taylor picks up the ball in his own half before playing Gareth Bale into space down the left. Ched Evans then makes a fantastic run to the byline and picks up the ball, he chips back the ball for Andy King to take it on the bounce and smash in a powerful volley, fantastic finish from the Welsh midfielder. Oh my word.

1543: The games slowed down a touch as Scotland attempt to focus and get back into the game, after a nervy start they seem to be holding possession well and beginning to pose some threats.

From scottstillidie on Twitter: "This is not what we've seen from Scotland, what's going on if we don't get back into this game fast or we're out."

1548: Scotland are certainly getting back into the game and are beginning to pose some more threat they as they win a couple of corners putting a bit of pressure on the Welsh now.

1551: Chance, Wales counter expertly thanks to Ched Evans making a great run down the right flank, crosses to the far post but Craig Gordon beats Gareth Bale to the ball - that was close for the Scots there.

BBC Sports's Phul McNulty at Maracana: "As Scotland continue to push forward in an effort to get back into this game, Wales look extremely dangerous on the counter. With the pace of Ched Evans and Gareth Bale bombing forward it's an excellent game so far."

1600: Dangerous - Wales push men forward as they begin to get back possession
IMG_0027-1.jpg

of the ball and Robbie Savage and Marc Jones link up on the edge of the area before playing a fabulous ball through for Ched Evans who fires a shot that cannons off the post. Scotland are living on the edge here, Wales certainly look the better side so far.

1602: Close - Wales win a free kick just inside the Scottish half and some great link up play again between Robbie Savage and Marc Jones who plays the ball to Andy King, who finds Gareth Bale on the edge of the area who turns quickly and fires a shot narrowly over the bar. Scotland are struggling to contain the Welsh.

1610: Gareth Bale is the first man to pick up a yellow card as he catches Steven
IMG_0027.jpg

Whittaker late by the touchline, bit of a nothing challenge that. Steven Whittaker is really struggling to cope with the young Welshman but got the upper hand on this occasion.

1613: Again Marc Jones causing Scotland all sorts of problems, picks up the ball on the edge of the area before firing a shot just past the post - Scotland are hanging on here.

1617: Half-time Wales 2 - 0 Scotland
BBC Sport's Phil McNulty at Maracana:
"Scotland just can't cope with Wales' pace
IMG_0029.jpg

and power, Robbie Savage has been having a stormer in midfield. Craig Levein is going to have his work cut out in the second half."

BBC Radio 5 live summariser Pat Nevin: "It has been a very good match out there,
IMG_0030.jpg

both sides have been good value, thanks to a early panic from the Scot's they go into the tunnel at half time 2 - 0 down. On another day it might have been more, but where is the Scottish midfield, Darren Fletcher and Charlie Adam have been none existent after some fabulous performances earlier in the competition."

1634: Right teams are out and Scotland kick us off for the second half, oh we have a change for Scotland Paul Coutts comes on for a rather ineffective James McFadden. Aaron Ramsey also makes way for Adam Matthews after he picked a slight knock in the first half.

1635: Wales look to put some early pressure on the Scots as Gareth Bale wins a corner on the left side, with Lee Wallace rising the highest to clear the ball. Wales looking dangerous immediately in the second half.

1638: Stinging shot there from Steven Fletcher, Scotland test Wayne Hennessey for the first time as the striker picks up the ball from the edge of the area and unleashed a powerful effort. Good save, but it was straight at him.

giggsisgod on Twitter: "Come on Wales!!! Don't concede, Giggs for Priminister!!!"

BBC Radio 5 live summariser Pat Nevin: "Scotland certainly seem to be seeing a bit
IMG_0030.jpg

more of the ball and putting some more pressure on the Welsh defence. The next goal is going to vital in this game, Scotland substitute Paul Coutts has looked lively since coming on at half time."

1642: Substitution for Wales, Robbie Savage makes way for David Jones in the middle of the park, he looks like he's picked up a knock as well.

1650: GOAL Wales 2 - 1 Scotland (Fletcher)
Scotland Goal: Game on - Scotland are right back into this game and it's
IMG_0026.jpg

thanks to substitute Paul Coutts who has made a fantastic impact since coming on at half time, he put's a delightful ball into the box for Steven Fletcher to control the ball before unleashing a powerful shot into the Wales net.

BBC Radio 5 live summariser Pat Nevin: "That goal was coming Scotland have looked a different side since half time and continue to push forward, Wales are certainly on the back foot and with that goal it's substitute Paull Coutts who has made the difference since coming on, great move by Craig Levein."

1651: Substitutions for both sides as Paul Gallagher comes on for David Goodwillie who really hasn't had a sniff today. Scotland are going to go for it. Last throw of the dice for Sir Ryan Giggs' Wales as he brings on experienced forward Rob Earnshaw as he hopes to push back up the pitch.

1657: Immediate impact from Sam Vokes as Wales win a corner and begin to put some more pressure back on the Scots, strong header away from Steven Fletcher who stayed back to defend the corner.

rangerslew15 on Twitter: "Come on Scotland, right back into the game now, believe!!

1701: Time running out for the Scots, and it's Wales who keep asking questions, if Gareth Bale controlled the ball better then there was an opening to play in Earnshaw but the ball bobbles to Craig Gordon

1705: Chance - Neil Taylor plays a fabulous through ball for Gareth Bale who's clear on goal, but he fires wide. Could this cost Wales?

1708: Scotland are nearly back in it, Wales are pushing forward to rebuild their two goal margin and and Steven Fletcher is clean through before James Collins comes in and puts in a fantastic goal saving challenge.

BBC Sport's Phil McNulty at Maracana: "Scotland are looking dangerous and have been seeing more and more of the ball, Wales are really going to have to be careful if they want to hold onto this lead. I certainly think they are missing the energy that Jack Collison brings to the side."

1710: We're into injury time now, not long left for the Scots to get back into this game now.

1711: Chance - is that the one, is that the one that could have taken this game to extra time. Steven Whittaker works the ball fabulously down the right flank beating Neil Taylor puts a delicious cross to the edge of the 6 yard box and Steven Fletcher only has to fire it either side of Hennessey but it's straight at him, and saved by the Welsh keeper before being cleared by Marc Jones.

1713: Full-time Wales 2 - 1 Scotland
How many people would have predicted this Wales vs Scotland in the World Cup
IMG_0025.jpg

Final, what a performance from Wales today and we certainly weren't disappointed today. Both teams game it their all and can leave proud.

WALES ARE WORLD CUP CHAMPIONS!!

world-cup-trophy.jpg

World Cup 2014 - Results Tree

FirstRound.png

Last edited:
Outstanding effort, that is an absoloutly brilliant update, I bow down for you for winning the World Cup, Euro's and THAT update.

Oh, Kngy got the winner. :wub:

Outstanding effort, that is an absoloutly brilliant update, I bow down for you for winning the World Cup, Euro's and THAT update.

Oh, Kngy got the winner. :wub:

Yeh man, cheers that update took an hour or two lol!! thought the Live commentary would be woth it in the final!

Defintaly was fantatsic idea, would of been gutted if you'd lost even though I am a Scot. The tweets and texts were a great idea, actually felt like I was reading BBC Live text!

Defintaly was fantatsic idea, would of been gutted if you'd lost even though I am a Scot. The tweets and texts were a great idea, actually felt like I was reading BBC Live text!

I had one from last saturday open so used that for ideas, going to use that for big games from now on!!! Thanks for comments buddy!!! Thinking of names for the tweeters was odd lol

Without a doubt the best update I have ever read!. From the goal flashes and yellow cards, all the way to the 5 Live reports and "twitter"ing fans this was immense and I take my hat off to you sir!

Without a doubt the best update I have ever read!. From the goal flashes and yellow cards, all the way to the 5 Live reports and "twitter"ing fans this was immense and I take my hat off to you sir!

Cheers buddy glad its worth it :) Thought it would add an extra dimension to the game, I mean it is the biggest game in football!!

Oh My God! just sat here for ages reading those updates! absolutely brilliant! best story on this forum! wonderful! hope this isnt the end <3

Oh My God! just sat here for ages reading those updates! absolutely brilliant! best story on this forum! wonderful! hope this isnt the end <3

Nah I'll keep going already got MASSIVE transfer news for summer :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back