The Rise of the Red Dragon - A Welsh Story

• Thread starter Thread starter eddybw
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 988
  • Views Views 106K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there still more in this story for Wales? I hope so ;) I'd like to see them completely dominate the world :D

Probably the best story on here, winning the Euro's AND World Cup with Wales at the first attempt is something. Well done mate :)

Is there still more in this story for Wales? I hope so ;) I'd like to see them completely dominate the world :D

Probably the best story on here, winning the Euro's AND World Cup with Wales at the first attempt is something. Well done mate :)

Cheers buddy of course I'll keep it going, got to see what youth players come through, so far only Marc Jones has been the best!! But other than that it's looking bleak I'll see the new young ones now as clubs announce their intake of youngsters :D

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

Sky_Sports-1.png

United bring in Phil Neville as assistant manager

Wednesday 16.7.2014

_39481889_phil_neville203.jpg

With Mike Phelan retiring from the position of Assistant Manager the position speaking about his desire to focus on work with International side Wales. United haven't wasted any time in searching for the replacement as ex defender Phil Neville has been brought in to work alongside Sir Ryan Giggs in the assistant manager position. The club are now being management team of the ages 37 and 40 with two ex players taking the helm. Phil Neville has released a statement after being given the opportunity at returning to his home club where he made 386 appearances after being part of the fantastic youth prospects that came out alongside David Beckham who has also returned to his home club.

'To be given the opportunity to return to the club is a fantastic honour, I am incredible grateful for Ryan who has given me the chance to start my post player career at the club that I was born into and the club I love. I have every confidence that we can continue where we left off and work to win the all the competitions we possibly can.'

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

Sky_Sports-1.png

United confirm player sales

Friday 18.7.2014

image-4-for-gallery-marouane-fellaini-picture-gallery-183917350.jpg

Today at Old Trafford Chief Executive David Gill has announced the departure of 4 players in a bid to trim the squad to fringe players. Manchester United were lucky last season after not suffering any long term injuries and the injuries they did suffer were in areas they had plenty of depth.

Transfers Out

Luca Cigarini - A.C Milan - £9.5M
Antonio Candreva - Porto - £10.75
Marouane Fellaini - Villareal - £8.5M
Brede Hangeland - Fiorentina - £3.3M

Total Sales: £32M

After only one season at Old Trafford, Marouane Fellaini has departed to Spanish club Villareal. Sir Ryan Giggs has stated that despite putting in some good performances for the Red Devils he felt that Marouane was more suited to play elsewhere.

'With the emergence of Marc Jones it has left me in a tough situation of having to let some of the squad leave in a bid to give them the opportunity to play first team football as I cannot guarantee that here. Marouane is a fabulous professional and put in some great performances for us and played some important matches, but I just felt that he needs to be playing week in week out.'

With the sale of Marouane Fellaini for £8.5M Manchester United managed to make a £4.5M profit on the 26 year old defensive midfielder. Sir Ryan Giggs has also announced that they have a main transfer target and are close to securing that players services but the name at this time has not been revealed.

whos the big names coming in :P

Matter of time mate won't be long will get it up in a minute!

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------

Massive transfer news at Old Trafford

Monday 21.7.2014

28228.png

What a fantastic day this is for Sir Ryan Giggs as they have confirmed the signing of ex winger and 29 year old Portuguese Star Cristiano Ronaldo who returns after a 5 year absence since leaving for Real Madrid in 2009. The fee involved is believed to be in the region of £30,000,000, on a £205,000 p/w 4 year contract, which is a massive £50,000,000 less than the reported fee that he left for just 5 years ago.

CRISTIANO RONALDO RE - SIGNS FOR MANCHESTER UNITED

Cristiano-Ronaldo-001.jpg

Ronaldo made 292 appearances and scored 118 goals in his previous spell with United

This will leave Manchester United fans overjoyed as the incredible Portuguese talent has returned. It is believed that he had become disillusioned with life at Real Madrid, he moved with the dream of winning trophies for his beloved club but this never came to pass, due to the domestic domination of Barcelona. It has been announced that contract talks has broken down with Florentino Perez as Cristiano hit out at the clubs hierarchy for firing Jose Mourinho in 2011 without giving him time to build a team.

Whilst not at United Cristiano Ronaldo never hid his desire to one day return to Old Trafford stating that he missed lots of his friends back in England. He also stated that he one day desired to play for the Manchester club under the management of Jose Mourinho but has not accepted that, that will not be happening due to the rapid increase in stature of the already legendary Sir Ryan Giggs.

During Cristiano's spell away from Manchester United he scored 97 goals in 154 games for Real Madrid in a bid to bring them success, but it was not the case. This resulted in a transfer request being handed in on return from the World Cup in Brazil after the Final, with Cristiano Ronaldo reportedly being in conversation with Sir Ryan Giggs whilst at the World Cup. It has been reported that the 40 year old Welshman had spoken regarding the desire to have the club legend back at United only for Cristiano to also speak of his desperation to return to the club and to his beloved Manchester United.

United fans will no doubt be relishing the potential attacking quartet of Cristiano Ronaldo, Nani, Wayne Rooney and Chicharito, in the coming season as the Red Devils embark on a challenge to retain all 5 trophies as well as claiming the Club World Cup and the European Super Cup, where they will be facing Italian Giants Juventus.

Last edited:
great signing mate, only 29 got many seasons left in him...look forward to next update!

great signing mate, only 29 got many seasons left in him...look forward to next update!

Yeh I'm thinking what signings to go for, scanning for talented youngsters at the moment! I like bringing home grown players back, :)

look for some good english/welsh regens...get them tutored by your first team!!

watta signing! when u uploading the tactics mate? and good to see becks still doing a job :D

Ah he's a regen mate, so theres not much chance he'll pop up again, I had an amazing one on FM 2010 called Inigo Ahmed absolute midfield god, never had anyone that good again yet!! Right I'll update later tonight!!

I love this story. You and Mason are by far the best story tellers on here. Keep it up fella, loving it

Cheers buddy, will try to get another update done in a bit :)

---------- Post added at 04:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 AM ----------

unitedbar.png

680.png

Sir Ryan Giggs tactical exclusive

Due to popular demand Sir Ryan Giggs, has decided to reveal all in a bid to encourage young managers to take up the game and give them some basic knowledge into the way that a top European club can play. In this we will be looking at the tactics that Sir Ryan Giggs has implemented since arriving in July 2013.

Pressing

One of the key reason's for Manchester United's great success under Sir Ryan Giggs has been the intense pressure that the Red Devils put their opposition under pressure not letting them have any time on the ball. Holding a high line to pin the opposition back in their own half and using their superior technique and passing to cut their way through.

pressung.png

With aggressive tackling, press more, hassle opponents and sometimes get stuck in sub tactics used United always aim to get straight in and let the opposition know that they are in a game. An important factor to using this tactic is to have a defender who has high levels of anticipation and positioning for this to be successful, and United have these in Nemanja Vidic and Jonny Evans.

Vidic and Evans Mental Attributes

NemanjaVidicProfile_Attributes.png
JonnyEvansProfile_Attributes.png

Having strong defenders is an extremely important part of the success that Manchester United have gained under the Welsh Wizard. As if they do not have the anticipation levels then the space left behind can be easily exploited by the opposition without the defenders reading what's happening. Another key part of the Manchester United set up is using a short fluid passing style that allows for a quick build up.

At the heart of the Manchester United midfield they have the flair of Marc Jones and the work rate and tenacity of Darren Fletcher this allows them to dominate the ball and win it back quickly from their opponents. Marc Jones has been a sensation for Manchester United so far in his 1st season gaining 24 assists and 6 goals in the league with a box to box role alongside Fletcher. Darren Fletcher in the same role as a box to box midfielder has gathered 10 assists and 6 goals in the 2013/14 season alongside Marc Jones. Due to Darren Fletcher's poor long shots attribute he has his long shots bar moved to hardly ever which means that he will look for the pass rather than shoot.

Darren Fletcher and Marc Jones Mental Attributes

DarrenFletcherProfile_Attributes.png
MarcJonesProfile_Attributes-2.png

The mental strength of Manchester United has been extremely strong as they have players all over the park with high decision making attribute that allows for them to cut the number of errors that they make in a match. The creativity that the midfield possess in Marc Jones has proved extremely valuable last season and has proven so effective that Sir Ryan Giggs has decided to let go of 4 central midfield players.

Counter attacking

Manchester United have also got the fantastic ability to utilise the counter attacking tactic selection as they will throw men forward at every opportunity when the option presents itself. This combined with the attacking pace that they have utilising the abilities of Wayne Rooney, Chicharito, Nani and Gareth Bale allows them to be extremely successful at this.

Chicharito attributes

Chicharito.png

Inside Forward and Wingers

Manchester United have utilised Nani's fantastic ability as an inside forward under the new United boss as proved last season with him the Portugal international reaching a personal best of 15 Premier League goals last season. Then on the other flank whether be the right with Antonio Valencia or left Juan Maneul Vargas and Gareth Bale play as wingers who constantly look to get to the byline and put in a cross for Wayne Rooney or Chicharito.

Gareth Bale attributes

GarethBaleProfile_Attributes-2.png

Attacking Wingbacks

Manchester United have utilised the attacking ability of their full backs as they hold a high line this allows them to pin the opposition back often going around the outside of either wide player to provide extra width. Darren Fletcher will pull back to provide extra cover whilst Rafael, Patrice Evra and Fabio Coentrao push forward.

Rafael Attributes

RafaelProfile_Attributes-2.png

Formation

Manchester United utilise a 4 - 2 - 2 - 2 formation.

ST (Attack) - ST (Attack)

AML (Support) -------------------- AMR (Support)

CM (Support) - CM (Support)

WBL (Attack) - CB (Defend) - CB (Defend) - WBR (Attack)

GK (Defend)

Sir Ryan Giggs personal message

'I hope this has been help to any readers and look forward to hearing feedback on the tactics that we have been using. I feel that for a team that lacks pace and mental strength this may not be best suited.'

like the release of tactics :) done brilliantly! well done mate :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back