The Rise of the Red Dragon - A Welsh Story

• Thread starter Thread starter eddybw
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 988
  • Views Views 106K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers buddy, going to have another in depth analysis in a minute ahead of the coming season. :D Think it'll be another nice touch!

great story

Cheers buddy :D must have taken you a while to read lol!

---------- Post added at 05:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 AM ----------

unitedbar.png

Manchester United Pre-Season Squad Analysis

680.png

Manchester United name 22 senior players out of the potential 25 man squad ahead of the coming 2014/15 Premier League campaign.

Goalkeepers:

GK - Jason Steele
GK - Sam Johnstone (U21)
GK - Jose Luis Campodonico (U21)

Defenders:

DR - John O'Shea
DC - Jonny Evans
DC - Nemanja Vidic
DC - Chris Smalling
DC - Kostas Manolas
DC - Sam Meritt (U21)
DC - Ivan Petric (U21)
DR - Rafael
DR - Tituoan Avenel (U21)
DL - Patrice Evra
DL - Fabio Coentrao

Midfielders:

AML - Gareth Bale
AML - Juan Manuel Vargas
MC - Michael Carrick
MC - David Beckham
MC - Marc Jones (U21)
AMR - Nani
AMR - Antonio Valencia
AMR - Cristiano Ronaldo
MC - Anderson
MC - Andy King
MC - Kilian Kern (U21)
MR - Andy George (U21)

Forwards:

ST - Rafael (U21)
ST - Dimitar Berbatov
ST - Wayne Rooney
ST - Boakye (U21)
ST - Chicharito
ST - Michael Nelson (U21)

From looking at the squad there are some names that people might not recognise and here is some more information regarding each one of those.

Boakye (ST) - 21 years old
Boakye.png

A strong Ghanaian striker who was signed from Genoa in 2011, and has developed fantastically so far thought the Under 18's and Reserves and I feel that it is time that the boy gets an opportunity. He previously scored 23 goals in 33 games whilst on loan at FC Midtjylland in the Danish league.

Andy George (MR) - 16 years old
AndyGeorge.png

A great prospect for England, Andy George is a talented right midfielder who has a fantastic work rate, crossing and free kick taking ability, he has been dubbed as the new David Beckham with many people believing that he can become a Manchester United legend, no doubt a fantastic future ahead for the young talent.

Sam Meritt (DC) 16 years old

SamMeritt.png

No doubt a future England captain in the making, Sam Meritt is a commanding centre back that is a product of the Manchester United youth academy, he has got fantastic work rate and is extremely strong and looks like he will follow on from Nemanja Vidic as the mainstay in the Manchester United defence.

Kostas Manolas (DC) - 23 years old

Kostas.png

Another talented centre back who was signed by Sir Alex Ferguson back in 2011 from AEK Athens for £1.8M and has since had loan spells at Cagliari and Middlesborough, Sir Ryan Giggs feels that it is his time to show what he can do in the Manchester United first team. With the retirement of Rio Ferdinand and sale of Brede Hangeland, United turn to their youth in an effort to cut spending.

That is one sexy squad, those lads regens or acttual products of the youth system

Just managed to read this after a long time. The final update was simply BRILLIANT! And even though I'm still with Scotland, glad that you won.

That is one sexy squad, those lads regens or acttual products of the youth system

They are regens but from uniteds academy :)

---------- Post added at 01:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

Just managed to read this after a long time. The final update was simply BRILLIANT! And even though I'm still with Scotland, glad that you won.

Haha cheers buddy took alot of time but happy with how it ended up!!!

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

unitedbar.png

680.png

A look ahead to August 2014

Sunday 10.8.2014

As Manchester United approach the new season it's time to take a look at the coming fixtures that are to be faced in the month of August. With the likes of Portsmouth, Middlesbrough and Sheffield United getting promoted into the Premier League they are no doubt eagerly anticipating, whilst at the same time fearing visiting stadiums like Old Trafford, The Emirates and Stamford Bridge.

After maintaining an incredible unbeaten run last season, just how long can this continue for the Red Devils, Manchester United were unbeaten in all competitions last year and beat the likes of Barcelona, Olympique Lyonnais and Roma all in their back yards is an incredible feat even for the likes of the Red Devils. There is a question on everyone's lips ahead of the new season, and that question is,

"Can Manchester United improve on last season?"

Right here are Manchester United and Wales' fixtures for the month of August,

comshield.png
10.8.2014 -
630.png
Chelsea (Neutral)
100100-1.png
13.8.2014 -
6.png
Angola (Home)
11.png
16.8.2014 -
699.png
Portsmouth (Away)
11.png
23.8.2014 -
685.png
Middlesbrough (Home)
1301397.png
29.8.2014 -
1139.png
Juventus (Neutral)

So with two Cup Finals in August, Manchester United already have the opportunity to add more trophies to that ever growing trophy cabinet. No doubt with fans anticipating seeing the return of Cristiano Ronaldo who will likely face Chelsea in the pre-season Community Shield match. Then with a League match against Portsmouth who will no doubt be relishing the opportunity of playing against the Manchester United side who have already won 5 trophies under Sir Ryan Giggs yesterday.

No doubt Manchester United's fans will be looking forward to the Champions League Group Draw that will take part at the end of the month. Where they will be hoping to complete the impossible and retain the trophy something not done since the great A.C Milan team in 1989 and 1990.

With the experience in the current squad it is no doubt possible to believe that anything is achievable for this Manchester United side, with many hailing it as the best squad that this club has ever seen, and with the prospects coming though the ranks there is no doubt that there is every chance that this squad can continue to dominate English and possibly European football for years.

Nice squad with United, Ronaldo and Bale on the wings must be terrifying for defenders!

Nice squad with United, Ronaldo and Bale on the wings must be terrifying for defenders!

Oh yes just doing community shield update now :)

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

bbcsport1u-1.png

linebreak.png

comshield.png

linebreak.png

Community Shield Coverage

680.png
630.png

MANCHESTER UNITED VS CHELSEA

Live from Wembley Stadium, London

new-wembley-stadium.jpg

Hello I'm Gary Lineker and welcome to BBC Sports coverage of this afternoon's pre season Community Shield match where we have a match consisting of the two teams that many consider the two best in the country at this time, we are at Wembley Stadium ahead of the kick off.

Today I'm joined by Mark Lawrenson and Alan Hansen, ahead of today's match for analysis and their opinions on the coming season. So with the signing of Cristiano Ronaldo in July and the emergence of top talents at United just how far can this side go. Chelsea without making any major signings in the transfer window believe that their squad is strong enough to maintain their title challenge following last season.

_46959890_hansen_hughes_still.jpg

Lineker: So Alan, what do you make of Manchester United's squad, the signing of Ronaldo and their championship credentials?

Alan: Well looking at their squad at the moment there's some exceptional talent, and I think before I carry on it's only early August so there's still plenty of time for transfers to happen. But I really think they have quality in all the right area's to gain success they have a superb squad with the likes of Nemanja Vidic in defence, Darren Fletcher in midfield, Wayne Rooney and Berbatov up front, there is plenty of experience about the squad. And with the signing of Cristiano Ronaldo I think that's a fabulous signing...

Lineker: Yeh, he didn't enjoy the best of times at Real Madrid did he, trophy wise rather than form.

Alan: Yeh I think that it was a childhood dream to play for Read Madrid and I'd be very surprised if it matched up to his expectations he came back at a time when Barcelona are in complete domestic domination that has occurred in La Liga. I think he's still a fabulous signing at the age of 29, and I really wouldn't be surprised if he scored a goal against Chelsea today.

Lineker: Right thanks fr that Alan, the team sheet's have both just arrived in and Cristiano Ronaldo starts for Manchester United.

linebreak.png

680.png

Compodonico

Rafael - Vidic - Evans - Bale

Jones - Fletcher

Ronaldo ----------------------------- Nani

Chicharito - Rooney

630.png

Torres - Neymar

Kakuta - Mikel - Essien - Leon

Criscito - Luiz - Burdisso - Ivanovic

Cech

linebreak.png

Lineker: So both teams line up in a 4 - 4 - 2 formation with United lining up in a slightly more attacking line up with Cristiano Ronaldo lining up in wing roles. Mark what do you make of this match?

Lawrenson: Well I really think that both team's are going try and show the other what they have in store for them over the coming season, I think Chelsea will be desperate to get one over on Manchester United who completely outperformed them last season in every match they met up. This will no doubt be a fantastic chance to see United's new signing Ronaldo who returns to right wing for United, with Gareth Bale reverting to left back, I certainly think that this line up screams attack. There aren't many defensive minded players in that squad.

Lineker: Right that's guys, time to cross over to our commentary team and we'll be back with the result.

linebreak.png

10 man United overcome Chelsea

Sunday 10th August 2014

Sky_Sports-1.png

ManUtdRonaldo0708_468x655.jpg

MoM: Cristiano Ronaldo (8.2)

Manchester United produce a fantastic performance to overcome Chelsea at Wembley Stadium after playing with 10 men for 43 minutes.

In a fantastically entertaining match of football where Manchester United well and truly bossed the first half with Marc Jones, Darren Fletcher and the wingers Nani and Cristiano Ronaldo were in imperious form it was fascinating to watch. Immediately as the game started Manchester United hit the post after some great work from Cristiano Ronaldo who made beat Criscito look easy got to the byline drew it back and Marc Jones fired a powerful shot that rebounded off the post.

The first goal eventually came in the 29th minute after a fantastic move and it was that man Cristiano Ronaldo who got on the end of a fabulous through ball from Chicharito to confidently round the Chelsea keeper Petr Cech before placing the ball into an empty net. A superbly confident finish for the returning Ronaldo. United continued to boss possession and looked in complete control as both teams went in at the break.

The second half half started in the worst possible way for United as Darren Fletcher went in hard on Brazilian forward Neymar and caught him with an elbow receiving a red card. Manchester United would have to play for 40+ minutes with just 10 men against Chelsea. However it was the Red Devils who grabbed the next goal as the superb Cristiano Ronaldo once again beat Criscito who had a torrid day against the Portuguese star to play a great cross for that man Wayne Rooney to fire in a powerful shot from close range. 2 - 0 to United.

Sir Ryan Giggs will look at the goal they conceded on 71 minutes and see that Chelsea took advantage of their high line as Neymar and Fernando Torres linked up well, before beat Vidic for pace and fired a powerful shot high into the net. Immediately however Manchester United adapted a deeper line and played on the break and were the only team to threaten despite having just 10 men on the pitch.

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

United's Fletcher receives 3 match ban

Monday 3.8.2014

28228.png

Scotland captain and Manchester United midfielder Darren Fletcher receives a 3 match domestic ban and a charge of violent conduct for his actions in Sunday's Community Shield match against Chelsea.

Darren Fletcher accepted the charge, with relates to the incident involving an elbow into Brazilian forward Neymar. The charge was raised after the match when the video footage was analysed by Premier League officials.

darren_fletcher_1558814c.jpg

Darren Fletcher will miss the matches against Portsmouth, Middlesbrough and Birmingham City whilst serving his 3 game ban, and will return for United's clash against Liverpool at the start of September. It is likely that Manchester United will favour January signing and Wales' World Cup star Andy King who will join Marc Jones in central midfield during these 3 matches.

Last edited:
Wow this is spectacular... Love the WC final update mind-boggling. Where's Iturbe?

Marc Jones seems to be a beast.. I never get luck with regens :(

Looking forward to next update!

Wow this is spectacular... Love the WC final update mind-boggling. Where's Iturbe?

On loan in championship at the moment didn't mention the lesser signings, like those top pop up out of no where :)

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

Marc Jones seems to be a beast.. I never get luck with regens :(

Looking forward to next update!

Oh yeh he is an absolute beast amazing player! :)

---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

Premier League Season Kicks off

Sky_Sports-1.png

Manchester United face Portsmouth in season opener

680.png

Manchester United are today preparing for their season opener against a Portsmouth side, who performed so well last season and boasts an extremely youthful squad that will no doubt want to show the Premier League what they can do. Fratton Park will be completely packed out today as it always is in anticipation for the season kick off. Sir Ryan Giggs has spoken regarding the coming season and the challenge that lies ahead.

"I think we have a fantastic challenge lying ahead, everyone is asking me whether I think that we can eclipse the success that we had last season. To those people, I have confidence that we will be able to compete in all competitions that we are playing in and look forward to the coming matches greatly.

Portsmouth will no doubt try to make it hard for us today, they are an incredibly passionate team and their fans will be cheering them on, we will have to be at our best. I have confidence that the squad we have is adequate despite only making one major signing so far this transfer window, we will only make deals if we feel that they can add something to the team and at the moment I haven't seen anyone."

11.png

Saturday 16.8.2014
EPL - Match Day 1
Portsmouth
699.png
2 - 5
680.png
Man Utd

Nicolas Medina (21, 28) - Wayne Rooney (19, 27), Chicharito (30), Nemanja Vidic (32, 56)
Alassane N'Diaye injured ( 6 )

W Rooney - Chicharito

Nani - A King - M Jones - C Ronaldo

G Bale - J Evans - N Vidic - Rafael

J Campodonico

Wayne-Rooney-scores-his-a-006.jpg

MoM: Nemanja Vidic (9.3)

Despite a fantastic performance from the boys in blue Manchester United came out on top in an absolute thriller of a match. The scoring was opened by Wayne Rooney in the 19th minute after he was played clean through by Chicharito to place a shot past the Portsmouth keeper. Just two minutes later it was Manchester United who were picking the ball out of the net as Liam Lawrence played a ball through catching out Nemanja Vidic
allowing Chilean striker Nicolas Medina to score a well struck shot from inside the area.

Wayne Rooney scored a second in the 27th minute after Chicharito's shot could only be parried into the path of the England international who fired the ball into an empty net. Straight from the kick off Scott Sinclair played a fantastic through ball for Medina to last in a second, fantastic from Pompey. In a manic first half Portsmouth were picking the ball out of their net just 2 minutes later after a inch perfect pass over the top from Nani left Chicharito free and running towards the keeper, he showed great composure taking it around and firing into an empty net.

Manchester United then made it 4 - 2 when Marc Jones played a fantastic cross to the far post for Nemanja Vidic to head home from close range after staying up from a corner. The match was over in the 56th minute when Marc Jones' corner kick found the Serbian at the far post who made it 5 for the Red Devils as they romped home to victory.

linebreak.png

Walessite-1.png

Focus turns to Wales

801.png

Wales face Angola in International Friendly

European and World Cup Champions Wales face Angola in a friendly as they look to maintain their high level of team understanding. The game is to take place at Cardiff City Stadium with a capacity crowd expected as Wales look to a comfortable victory against the lowly African side.

100100-1.png

Wednesday 13.8.2014
International Friendly
Wales
801-1.png
6.png
Angola

Gareth Bale (9, 88), Marc Jones (14), Neil Taylor (47), David Edwards (78), Sam Vokes (86)
James Collins missed penalty (7)

C Evans

A King

G Bale - A Ramsey - M Jones - J Collison

N Taylor - J Collins - D Collins - C Gunter

W Hennessey

Gareth-Bale-9.jpg

MoM: Gareth Bale (9.5)

As expected Wales romped to a 6 - 0 victory over the African outfit with star man Gareth Bale scoring 2 goals, there was also a landmark goal for the Portsmouth left back Neil Taylor who netted his first International goal, after earning 57 caps. Marc Jones once again put a fantastic midfield display pulling all the strings. Wales returning from the World Cup once again gave Stoke City's Danny Collins a start alongside James Collins due to Ashley Williams suffering an injury whilst playing a match for Swansea City.

Last edited:
I can't believe you called Iturbe's signing Lesser!!! lol. Nah fair plays. Great update once again buddy.

NEIL TAYLOR!!(L) Great victory there over Angola, and of course Portsmouth.

I don't know why, but this story inspired me to be Belgium on FM11:)

I can't believe you called Iturbe's signing Lesser!!! lol. Nah fair plays. Great update once again buddy.

Haha cheers buddy, he's hardly developed since 2011, hardly had any first team action!!

---------- Post added at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

NEIL TAYLOR!!(L) Great victory there over Angola, and of course Portsmouth.

I don't know why, but this story inspired me to be Belgium on FM11:)

Yeh cheers buddy Belgium would be a good team I reckon some great players!! Just need them to develop! :)

Haha cheers buddy, he's hardly developed since 2011, hardly had any first team action!!

---------- Post added at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

Yeh cheers buddy Belgium would be a good team I reckon some great players!! Just need them to develop! :)
Yeah, some great youngsters. Started the save yesterday, I'm in December 2011 now and have got them from ranked 62nd to 9th since the start of the save.. so far so good. :)

Yeah, some great youngsters. Started the save yesterday, I'm in December 2011 now and have got them from ranked 62nd to 9th since the start of the save.. so far so good. :)

Well done keep it up buddy :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back