The Rise of the Red Dragon - A Welsh Story

• Thread starter Thread starter eddybw
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 988
  • Views Views 106K
Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW! OM got smashed to pieces by ronaldo and rooney! brilliant! like the ronaldo update as well bud :) got alot of thought going into this story! :) best on here! keep it up mate :D

WOW! OM got smashed to pieces by ronaldo and rooney! brilliant! like the ronaldo update as well bud :) got alot of thought going into this story! :) best on here! keep it up mate :D

Cheers buddy :) yeh, I think little sub plots are always good :D

I started reading this yesterday night...and finished it today...best story ever....Love Ryan Giggs...best player ever....he should really take over after Sir Alex retires....cheers mate...waiting for the next update....btw...after u finish with the story....upload the game if u can...would love to play it.!

Focus turns to Carling Cup Challenge

Tuesday 23rd September 2014

carling.png

After some top class performances for Manchester United it's time for them to begin their Carling Cup challenge, and in Round 3 they face League 1 struggler's Barnet. Barnet are currently lying in 21st position after only gaining 1 point from the last 3 matches. Sir Ryan Giggs is expected to name a shadow team against the League 1 side, with the likes of Boakye and Sam Meritt expected to be given the opportunity in the first team.

carling.png

Tuesday 23rd September 2014
Carling Cup - Round 3 Match
Barnet
barnet.png
0 - 9
680.png
Man Utd

Antonio Valencia (1, 17, 60), Dimitar Bebatov (8, 9), Juan Manuel Vargas (20, 85), Boakye (23, 51)

Boakye - D Berbatov

J Vargas - A King - K Kern - A Valencia

F Coentrao - S Meritt (c) - K Manolas - T Aevenel

J Steele

antonio-valencia_1774109c.jpg

MoM: Antonio Valencia (9.8)

Manchester United completely outclasses the league 1 side, giving professional debut's to Kostas Manolas, Sam Meritt and Boakye who all performed extremely well. The young 16 year old Sam Meritt lead the team out on his debut which shows Sir Ryan's belief in the youngster. Barnet looked completely out of depth against a United side that completely out performed them in all area's of the pitch. The stand out player for United if you could count one was Antonio Valencia who bagged 3 goals and a brace of assists as the Red Devils ran out 9 - 0 winners. Sir Ryan Giggs will no doubt be delighted with the performances of the youngsters that were given the opportunity today and will no doubt look to give them some more game time over the coming season.

11.png

Saturday 27th September 2014
EPL - Match Day 6
Arsenal
602.png
0 - 1
680.png
Man Utd

Cristiano Ronaldo ( 6 )
Cesc Fabregas injured (19)
Thomas Vermaelen injured (82)
Cristiano Ronaldo missed penalty (90+1)

W Rooney - Chicharito

Nani - G Amaya - M Jones - C Ronaldo

G Bale - J Evans - N Vidic (c) - Rafael

J Campodonico

cristiano_ronaldo_1397328c.jpg

MoM: Craig Gordon (8.1)

Manchester United poured on the pain for Arsenal today who were completely outclassed at their home ground. Manchester United got off to a flyer when Wayne Rooney and Cristiano Ronaldo bombed forward in a counter attacking move for the latter to receive the ball and smash it past the despairing keeper. Arsenal's pain was reiterated in the 19th minute when Cesc Fabregas was stretchered off the pitch after collapsing in the middle of the pitch with expected fractured ribs. In a match where the Arsenal keeper was the stand out performer they once again suffered a major blow when Belgian defender Thomas Vermaelen went in hard on Wayne Rooney and came out worse also suffering fractured ribs. Such was the domination in this match that Arsenal fans were seen leaving as early as 70 minutes into the game.

statsarsenal.png

The statistics from the match showed Manchester United's sheer domination, Roberto Mancini's days are said to be numbered with Arsenal failing to score in all of their first 6 Premier League matches, having only gained one win thanks to an own goal scored in their match against Portsmouth. Although Arsenal have become more defensively sound it has certainly come at a cost with the Gunners facing a tough 5 weeks with 2 more injuries added to their growing list.

602.png
Arsenal Injury List:

Robin van Persie - torn hamstring - 2 to 3 months
Silvestre Varela - hernia - 3 weeks
Cesc Fabregas - fractured ribs - 4 to 5 weeks
Thomas Vermaelen - fractured ribs - 4 to 5 weeks
Wojciech Szczesny - dislocated shoulder - 6 to 8 weeks

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

Ronaldo claims September Player of the Month

1st October 2014

28228.png

Manchester United winger Cristiano Ronaldo has claimed the September Player of the Month award after putting in a string of top class performances, scoring an impressive 5 goals in 4 league games. Cristiano Ronaldo has recently spoken of his delight at returning to Old Trafford and stated that he would love to stay here for the rest of his career. This is Ronaldo's 5th player of the month in his time in the Premier League with all of the previous awards coming in his previous spell with United.

xge25y.jpg

Manchester United also roped in other awards with Gustavo Amaya winning Young Player of the Month, as well as Marc Jones and Jose Luis Campodonico coming second and third respectively. Sir Ryan Giggs also was awarded with manager of the month after guiding his team to 4 wins and only conceded 1 goal in these games. Manchester United have already emerged as Title favourites after putting in a string of top class performances in the early stages of the season.

Table at end of September

Leaguetable.png

Last edited:
Ronaldo has been awesome :) quality to get him back and at the fee you did :) awesome work :D Great result against Barnet swithcing the team around! with a valencia hatrick and then a win against Arsenal! wonderful (: check mine when you get 5minutes :D

Ronaldos been godly!!1 Superb Signing :)

Yeh Nani's not scoring as many goals any more though now Ronaldo's back lol!! Odd!!

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

Ronaldo has been awesome :) quality to get him back and at the fee you did :) awesome work :D Great result against Barnet swithcing the team around! with a valencia hatrick and then a win against Arsenal! wonderful (: check mine when you get 5minutes :D

Yeh Valencia was in reserves when i took over but he's a class player, fast and great dribbler, brilliant player!

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

unitedbar.png

United look to October

Wednesday 1st October 2014

680.png

After a fantastic September where Manchester United won all of their 6 matches scoring an impressive 26 goals and conceding just 1. With the Red Devils in fantastic form and their summer signings making great impacts into their campaign so far things look rosy in the United camp. Manchester United now prepare for a busy October month as they look to continue to perform on all fronts. The October fixtures are as follows,

1301394.png
1.10.2014 -
451.png
APOEL (Away)
11.png
5.10.2014 -
614.png
Bolton (Away)
11.png
18.10.2014 -
622.png
Burnley (Home)
1301394.png
22.10.2014 -
915.png
FC Bayern (Home)
11.png
26.10.2014 -
688.png
Newcastle (Home)
carling.png
29.10.2014 -
688.png
Newcastle (Home)

A relatively busy month for Manchester United with an away trip to Cyprus to face APOEL in the GSP at Nicosia, who have been struggling in their domestic league so far. With the Carling Cup 4th Round to look forward too Manchester United face a Newcastle United side who have failed to score in the last 4 meetings between the two teams. Burnley will no doubt be fearing the prospect of returning to Old Trafford after suffering a crushing 10 - 0 defeat last year.

linebreak.png

Walessite-1.png

801.png

Wales look to European Qualifiers

After Sir Ryan Giggs' Welsh side destroyed Liechtenstein on their opening qualification match they will be looking at continuing that run of form as they approach their next two fixtures. With many people tipping Wales as easy favourites to qualify from Group E, it's time to look at the coming fixtures,

1301388.png
11.10.2014 -
787-1.png
Poland (Away)
1301388.png
15.10.2014 -
798-1.png
Switzerland (Home)

So Wales face up against Poland away and Switzerland at home in their coming fixtures, having faced both sides before and having won all 3 matches they will no doubt favour their chances in the coming matches. Sir Ryan Giggs has already spoken of the importance of his squad not getting complacent.

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

United face APOEL in Cyprus in Champions League Clash

28228.png

Manchester United travelled to Cyprus two days ago to prepare for their match against Cyprus champions APOEL, who have performed extremely poorly so far in their domestic campaign as well as suffering a 3 - 0 defeat to FC Bayern in their opening Champions League Group E match. With many people expecting APOEL to be the whipping boys in Group E, Sir Ryan Giggs pays respect by playing full strength team.

"Qualifying for the knock out stages is our primary objective, so we want to make sure that we can achieve this as soon as possible, so that we can continue to fight on all fronts. I understand that people think that we are clear favourites today against in Cyprus but it is important that the players don't get complacent as this can lead to disjointed performances. We need to go into every game and know that it's important to fight for every ball and work hard for the team."

1301394.png

UEFA Champions League - Group E Match
APOEL
451.png
0 - 8
680.png
Man Utd

Wayne Rooney (6, 53), Gustavo Amaya (13), Cristiano Ronaldo (22), Nani (23, 62), Nemanja Vidic (29), Chicharito (57)

W Rooney - Chicharito

J Campodonico

Nani--001.jpg

MoM: Nani (9.4)

Manchester United romped to victory in their second Champions League Qualifier in Cyprus tonight after destroying APOEL 8 - 0 in Nicosia. Nani came into his own today and grabbed a brace, with Wayne Rooney also putting in a top class performance grabbing a brace taking his goal tally to 9 in 10 so far this season. There was also a landmark goal for young Mexican midfielder Gustavo Amaya who grabbed his first Manchester United goal firing home a 30 yard effort from outside the area. Sir Ryan Giggs has praised his teams composure in front of goal and how clinical they were.

"I've felt in recent games we haven't scored all the goals that we should have, I mean against Arsenal we could have easily scored 4 or 5, but tonight we did manage to take our chances and really took the game to APOEL. I am delighted with the team's performance and we are looking forward to the coming challenges."

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

United face Bolton in Northern Clash

Sunday 5th October 2014

680.png

Manchester United return from Cyprus to face a Bolton side who have struggled to find form so far this season, lying in 15th position just 3 points above the drop zone. Manchester United will no doubt be hoping to capitalise on the Trotters bad run, the Red Devils are likely to start with a full strength team with Darren Fletcher continuing to be forced onto the bench after the emergence of Gustavo Amaya as a fantastic talent, and at the age of 30 Darren Fletcher will be hoping that he will be able to get more first team opportunities in the coming months.

11.png

Sunday 5th October 2014
EPL - Match Day 7
Bolton
11.png
0 - 2
680.png
Man Utd

Jonny Evans (71), Cristiano Ronaldo (89)
YellowCard.png
Stuart Holden booked (12)
YellowCard.png
Gary Cahill booked (38)
YellowCard.png
Martin Kelly booked (48)
YellowCard.png
Fabrice Muamba booked (76)
YellowCard.png
David Wheater booked (82)
YellowCard.png
Rafael booked (47)
YellowCard.png
Nemanja Vidic booked (73)

YellowandRedCard.png
Rafael sent off (85)

W Rooney - Chicharito

J Campodonico

Cristiano-Ronaldo.jpg

MoM: Jonny Evans (8.3)

In a feisty affair at the Reebok Stadium it was the Red Devils who came out on top thanks to a Jonny Evans headed effort from a Marc Jones corner who finally broke the deadlock in the 71st minute. It was an extremely close match for long periods with Manchester United cutting Bolton's defence to shreds on several occasions but not being able to find that killer instinct to put the chances away. Manchester United were then down to 10 men after Rafael went in hard on Simon Church for a second bookable offence. However it was once again Manchester United who were next to score after Cristiano Ronaldo placed the ball down for a free kick 35 yards out, stepped up and fired it past the Bolton goal keeper Al-Habsi, what an effort from the star winger.

YouTube - Bolton vs Man Utd - Cristiano Ronaldo Goal 89th minute

Last edited:
Dude can't you just win by like one or two goals per game? I'm getting tired of seeing a huge goalscorers list.

Anyways, great wins there against all of them. Especially Arsenal.

Dude can't you just win by like one or two goals per game? I'm getting tired of seeing a huge goalscorers list.

Anyways, great wins there against all of them. Especially Arsenal.

I play an attacking team what can I say :D, Arsenal should have been 4 and 5, I can't believe it wasn't they are playing shocking this season so far!! Arsenal that is.

I play an attacking team what can I say :D, Arsenal should have been 4 and 5, I can't believe it wasn't they are playing shocking this season so far!! Arsenal that is.

I can see that :) Anyways, off topic, but I've just updated mine

Walessite-1.png

Wales look to Qualification

801.png

Wales look ahead to their week of European Qualification matches where they face Poland and Switzerland.

After a strong performance early in the month with club side Manchester United, Wales will be looking to stars Gareth Bale, Andy King and Marc Jones to lead the line against their European competitors. Wales currently lie at the top of Group E after decimating Liechtenstein 6 - 1 in the opener, with Sheffield United striker scoring a hat trick. Sir Ryan Giggs has praised the approach the work ethic of Gareth Bale in training ahead of the qualification match.

WalesTrainingPressConferenceQ6z961ODhOnl.jpg

"Gareth is looking superb in training, he's really working hard and no doubt is relishing the opportunity of playing on left midfield again," Ryan said. "He is slightly disappointed that he has had to revert to left back with us at Manchester United but with the signing of Cristiano, unfortunately I can't play 3 wingers so Gareth who is still a sensational left back is our best bet in that position at the moment."

"Ched Evans is also looking very sharp in training," Ryan added. "He loves playing for his country and has really put in some top quality performances over the last few months. He's been playing well for Sheffield United and he is fantastic at bringing that form into the matches for us."

footer.png

Nice update. Looking forward to some few hattricks. You know. The way you play makes me think Wayne Henessey might score a hattrick soon just because the other players are bored of doing so ;). Wales for the Euros again!

EDIT: BTW, mate, how do you get the tiny and the diagonal logos for teams (eg: the wales logo above) and the line up field there that you use for games?

Completely off topic: Gareth Bale's face reminds me of Jacob Black in the Twilight series-I have no idea why! :)

Last edited:
Brilliant mate! i see APOEL got smashed as well! fiesty game at reebok though! brilliant read yet again! come on wales! :D

Nice update. Looking forward to some few hattricks. You know. The way you play makes me think Wayne Henessey might score a hattrick soon just because the other players are bored of doing so ;). Wales for the Euros again!

EDIT: BTW, mate, how do you get the tiny and the diagonal logos for teams (eg: the wales logo above) and the line up field there that you use for games?

Completely off topic: Gareth Bale's face reminds me of Jacob Black in the Twilight series-I have no idea why! :)

Haha indeed well thats better than Planet of the Apes quotes and lookalikes that have been said about him before!! I downloaded a pack of images, if you go into the image section on this site you can download packs with all images of each team, and tournament etc :)

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

Brilliant mate! i see APOEL got smashed as well! fiesty game at reebok though! brilliant read yet again! come on wales! :D

Cheers for the comment bud, I was surprised by the APOEL smashing lol!!! I expected a tougher game as seen by the article before, cause I usually write that before I play the games!! haha :D

p.s get an update up buddy :D

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

Wales brush aside Group E opponents

Thursday 16th October 2014

28228.png

1301388.png

Saturday 11th October 2014
UEFA - Euro France 2016 Qualifying Match
Poland
787-1.png
1 - 2
801-1.png
Wales

Maciej Rybus (86) - Ched Evans (37), Marc Jones (45+1)
YellowCard.png
Sebastian Boenisch booked (11)
YellowCard.png
Neil Taylor booked (28)
YellowCard.png
Damien Perquis booked (80)

C Evans

A King

G Bale - A Ramsey - M Jones - J Collison

N Taylor - J Collins - A Williams - C Gunter

W Hennessey

Gareth-Bale-9.jpg

MoM: Gareth Bale (7.9)

A confident performance from the Welsh today as a strong first half performance was enough to sink the plucky Polish. The scoring was opened in the 37th minute after the ever present winger Gareth Bale charged forward and got into space before playing ball into the centre of the 6 yard box for Ched Evans to fire in his 4th goal so far in the European Championships. Wales completed first half domination after Damien Perquis fouled Andy King in the area and wonderkid Marc Jones smashed it home to make it 2 - 0. Poland managed to grab a late consolation that gave them a bit of false hope when Rybus got past Ashley Williams to slot in a sliding finish.

1301388.png

Wednesday 15th October 2014
UEFA - Euro France 2016 Qualifying Match
Wales
801-1.png
798-1.png
Switzerland

Ched Evans (27, 45+2), Gareth Bale (31), Jack Collison (54) - Valentin Stocker (90+3)
YellowCard.png
Phillippe Senderos booked (11)
YellowCard.png
Stephan Lichtsteiner booked (35)
YellowCard.png
Kay Voser (60)
YellowCard.png
Eren Derdiyok (87)

C Evans

A King

G Bale - A Ramsey - M Jones - J Collison

N Taylor - J Collins - A Williams - C Gunter

W Hennessey

_42739971_wales2.jpg

MoM: Gareth Bale (9.2)

Wales dominated Switzerland today with Ched Evans bang on form grabbing a brace, but once again it was Manchester United winger Gareth Bale who will get all the headlines after grabbing a brace of assists as well as scoring a close range header that rebounded off the bar from a Marc Jones effort. Ched Evans after the match spoke of his delight of being given the opportunity to lead the line and said he feels it's really helping with his development as a player and he thinks that Sir Ryan Giggs is "the great manager" he's ever worked under.

UEFA - Euro France 2016 Group E

eurogroupe.png

Wales are in a strong position after their first 3 qualification matches, and will feel confident that they can secure a win against Albania to secure their path to the European Championships.

Wow that was a bit close for you weren't it? :P not the usual pasting ;) but nice update yet again! Wales 9points out of 9! fantastic'o

Wow that was a bit close for you weren't it? :P not the usual pasting ;) but nice update yet again! Wales 9points out of 9! fantastic'o

Lol I haven't got incredible attacking players all through the Wales team though, have to be more defensive with Championship defenders in the back line :D

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

United return from break to demolish Burnley

Saturday 18th October 2014

680.png

The Manchester United squad returned from their respective international duties to record a perfect result against lowly Burnley. Burnley who have struggled for form and despite a tough showing last season at Turf Moor they have now conceded 30 goals in a matter of 6 matches and 20 in their last 2 visits to Old Trafford. Gianfranco Zola came out after the match and claimed the title is already Manchester United's.

11.png

Saturday 18th October 2014
EPL - Match Day 8
Man Utd
680.png
622.png
Burnley

Jonny Evans (5), Cristiano Ronaldo (14, 44, pen 52), Marc Jones (26, 54, 65), Chicharito (45+1), Wayne Rooney (68, 74)

W Rooney - Chicharito

G Bale - J Evans - N Vidic (c) - T Avenel

J Campodonico

waynerooney3.jpg

MoM: M Jones (9.9)

An incredible performance against Manchester United that takes their last 2 games against Burnley to a staggering aggregate score of 20 - 0 in favour of the Red Devils. At the heart of the Manchester United's success today was the blossoming partnership between Marc Jones and Gustavo Amaya who each grabbed a hat trick of assists as well as young Marc actually grabbing a hat trick of goals against a sorry Burnley side. This blossoming partnership is showing people once again you can win things with kids, Manchester United are in unbelievable form once again at home so far this season and so far in the League in 4 matches they have scored 21 and conceded just 1 goal.

Gianfranco Post Match
_47128014_zola_av512.jpg

"Today was a bad day, Manchester United are a top team, probably the best in the world. Ronaldo and Nani are enough to terrify any defence, and that's before you look at their strike force. We will look to galvanise our team after this match and maintain our Premiership status. The title is as good as Manchester's they have already shown all the teams in the Premiership what they can do."

Focus turns to Champions League

Wednesday 22nd October 2014

1301394.png

Manchester United are preparing for their home tie against Bayern Munich who have so far defeated APOEL 3 - 0 and suffered defeat to Olympique Marseille 4 - 2 at the Velodrome. This is the first meeting between the two since Manchester United suffered defeat in the 2010 in the Champions League Semi Final, after losing on away goals.

They are without Franck Ribery and Phillipp Lahm for this encounter are out with long term injuries. Manchester United have no new injury worries and are likely to start again with Titouoan Avenel at right back to impressed in their clash against Burnley on Saturday. Marc Jones and Gustavo Amaya will look to continue with their fantastic run of form ahead of this important group clash. If Manchester United win this game it will put them into a strong position in Group D only need 1 more win to guarantee qualification.

1301394.png

Wednesday 22nd October 2014
UEFA Champions League - Group D Match
Man Utd
680.png
915.png
FC Bayern

Nani (24), Wayne Rooney (45), Cristiano Ronaldo (79), Chicharito (84)
YellowCard.png
Cristiano Ronaldo booked (31)
YellowCard.png
Jonathan booked (40)
YellowCard.png
Luiz Gustavo booked (55)

InjuryLogo.png
Douglas injured (68)

W Rooney - Chicharito

G Bale - J Evans - N Vidic (c) - T Avenel

J Campodonico

cristiano-ronaldo-rooney-AP_CLAIMA20101021_0130_4.jpg

MoM: Marc Jones (8.6)

A somewhat unexpected result today at Old Trafford today as Manchester United completely out played FC Bayern, the scoring was opened in the 24th minute after some fantastic work from Wayne Rooney who played a delicious ball through for Nani to take the ball around the keeper and play it into an empty net. Just before half time United grabbed a second after an absolute howler from Mexican goal keeper Ochoa who rushed out of the box for Wayne Rooney to put in a great tackle and fire into an empty net.

In the second half Cristiano Ronaldo made it three after receiving a through ball from Chicharito to fire a fierce shot past the keeper. Chicharito then added gloss to the United performance after a long ranged free kick from Marc Jones and the little Mexican was there to head over his fellow countryman. 4 - 0 and very comfortable for the Red Devils.

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

How do you get the youtube vids man and the story simply sublime

load up the individual video and paste the link into the post, and it should load up instantly.

Cheers buddy :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back