The Rise of the Red Dragon - A Welsh Story

• Thread starter Thread starter eddybw
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 988
  • Views Views 106K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh frustrated in the second half though!!! I wanted to get another emphatic scoreline but just couldn't break them down!

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

United face 3 games in 7 days

Saturday 8th November 2014

28228.png

Manchester United have returned from their victory over FC Bayern in Germany to face an incredibly busy week. With the festive fixture list approaching it is no doubt going to be imperative to fully utilise the squad at Old Trafford if they are to maintain their fantastic run of form. The Red Devils will no doubt take confidence in that two of the three matches are home ties, so they will know they will have 95,000 fans behind them cheering for them to succeed.

The Red Devils' closest title competitors have suffered a mini set back after suffering a 2 - 0 defeat at White Hart Lane to Tottenham, which already puts Manchester United into the driving seat. United will no doubt take confidence in that their team has extreme natural fitness and this will help them recover and to play a strong team in the coming matches. Their first meeting is against Wolves who have really been struggling since the loss of their star midfielder Andy King. They have already suffered 5 defeats in their first 10 matches and are looking to be fighting in a relegation battle.

11.png

Saturday 8th November 2014
EPL - Match Day 11
Man Utd
680.png
740.png
Wolves

Wayne Rooney (24), Marc Jones (45+1), Chicharito (53), Nani (66) - James Tomkins (44)

W Rooney - Chicharito

Nani - G Amaya - M Jones - C Ronaldo

G Bale - J Evans - N Vidic (c) - Rafael

J Campodonico

Chicharito-celebro-su-gol-con-mucha-euforia-junto-a-Rooney_bigphoto_homearticle.jpg

MoM: Marc Jones (8.7)

The scoreline doesn't tell the full story today, as Manchester United defeated Wolves 4 - 1, it was a strong performance from the away side as they continued to push extremely hard and fight for every ball. The Red Devils grabbed the first goal in the 24th minute when Cristiano whipped in a sensational free kick for Wayne Rooney to fire a fantastic volley to make it 1 - 0. Wolves fought back and got back into the game in the 44th minute when James Tomkins scored a close range header from a David Jones free kick.

Sensational midfielder made it 2 - 1 just before the break after picking up the ball on the edge of the area from Rafael to fire in a fantastic long ranged effort. Chicharito made it 3 after Wayne Rooney's fantastic effort came back off the post and the Mexican poacher was there to slot it into an empty net. The rout was completed in the 66th minute after a howler from Wayne Hennessey who fumbled the ball from a Marc Jones corner straight to the feet of Nani who smashed it in to make it 4 - 1.

11.png

Tuesday 11th November 2014
EPL - Match Day 12
Aston Villa
603.png
3 - 4
680.png
Man Utd

Jean II Makoun (22), Stephen Ireland (25), Darren Bent (62) - Cristiano Ronaldo (3), Wayne Rooney (39, 47), Nani (90)

W Rooney - Chicharito

J Campodonico

Rooney.png

MoM: Wayne Rooney (9.2)

Manchester United needed a late winner to overcome a strong Aston Villa performance at Villa Park this week night. The Red Devils got off to a flyer after Cristiano Ronaldo fired in a powerful effort from close range in just the third minute. This galvanised Aston Villa and they came back with 2 goals in 4 minutes thanks to a marvellous long ranged effort from Jean Makoun and a neat finish from close range from Stephen Ireland made it 2 - 1 to the Villains. It was a fantastic build up to Manchester United's equaliser as Marc Jones played a fabulous pass to Wayne Rooney who ran clean through and fired past the keeper.

The second half started in the best way for United as Marc Jones was once again the provider as he played the ball to Wayne Rooney who fired in a shot from the edge of the area. With Manchester United continuing to push forward to grab a fourth it was the Villains who got the next goal after they exploited United's high lines for Darren Bent to score a close ranged finish. With time running out it looked like this tie was heading for a draw, but you can never right them off can you, after a great counter attacking move with Wayne Rooney at the heart of it he played the ball back for Nani who fired in a 90th minute winner for the Red Devils.

11.png

Saturday 15th November 2014
EPL - Match Day 13
Man Utd
680.png
650.png
Everton

Marc Jones (15, 27), Wayne Rooney (47), Nani (78)
YellowCard.png
Rafael booked (13)
YellowCard.png
Nemanja Vidic (24)
YellowCard.png
Wayne Rooney (58)
YellowCard.png
Mauricio Isla booked (60)
YellowCard.png
Zavon Hines booked (75)

W Rooney - Chicharito

J Campodonico

nani-celebration-blackburn.jpg

MoM: Marc Jones (9.1)

A fatigued Manchester United side, put Everton to the sword at Old Trafford today. It didn't take long for the deadlock to be broken after young midfielder Gustavo Amaya headed the ball down to Marc Jones on the edge of the area for him to turn and power in a long ranged effort. Cristiano Ronaldo turned provider for Marc Jones' brace as he pulled back a pass from the byline for once again a powerful long ranged shot to fly in past the keeper.

Wayne Rooney then grabbed a lucky goal as a powerful shot from just inside the area from Nani deflected off Wayne and he was credited with it. The final goal came in the 78th minute as Nani capped a fantastic performance after Cristiano Ronaldo headed back across for the goal for Portuguese compatriot to power in a half volley. It was a terrible performance from Everton who would really have expected more against a tired Manchester United side.

Nice update buddy! Villa nearly broke you down there!! but three more wins :) scoring loads atm :) brilliant keep it up :) done two updates on mine bud :)

Nice update buddy! Villa nearly broke you down there!! but three more wins :) scoring loads atm :) brilliant keep it up :) done two updates on mine bud :)

Yeh I've seemed to have cracked the scoring lark, just conceding way to many for my liking at the moment!!! :)

Great update...u've got some **** of regens...wish i could have them...

BTW...posted another update.!

Yeh two first team quality regen's so far, the rest are too young to throw into the deep end, got a few others, but with the quality I've got and wanting to win every game it's hard to give them chances :D

I sometimes wonder, y the other teams bother participating against u...:D

Haha!! Got a good match coming up, International Friendly but none the less a fun match!

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

Great regens there, especially Amaya. I'm loving this :) Updated mine too.

Cheers buddy thanks for following feels like for ever you've been following one of the first :D

Haha!! Got a good match coming up, International Friendly but none the less a fun match!

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

Cheers buddy thanks for following feels like for ever you've been following one of the first :D

Thanks mate :)

Its just that your story is a magnet to me. It is so freaking attractive

Wales face England in International Grudge Match

Wednesday 19th November 2014

bbcsport1u-1.png

linebreak.png

801.png
765.png

WALES VS ENGLAND

linebreak.png

Teamsheet.png

linebreak.png

Live from Millennium Stadium, Cardiff

millennium-stadium.jpg

Good evening, I'm Gary Lineker and welcome to BBC Sport's coverage of a match between two fierce rivals in Wales and England. There is a packed Millennium Stadium with 75,000 fans all looking forward to the kick off.

I'm here joined by Alan Hansen, Alan Shearer and Mark Lawrenson, we will be looking ahead to the game as well as speaking about both teams chances. So Wales are currently European and World Cup Holders, and in fantastic form already on their way to their second consecutive European Championships. There is no doubt that Wales will be high on confidence ahead of this match and be looking at putting one over on England. However with Sam Vokes out injured long term, and Ched Evans being withdrawn from international duty by club Sheffield United, Sir Ryan Giggs has slammed the club and was speaking to Dan Walker on Tuessday.

_49323036_giggs_640.jpg

Dan: So Ryan, thanks for joining us.

Ryan: It's no problem always happy to talk about football.

Dan: With you seemingly bringing success where ever you go, with club Manchester United in unbeatable form and leading Wales to success in both Euro 2012, and the World Cup in Brazil what do you put this success down to?

Ryan: Well I put it down to learning from the best manager that's ever walked this earth in Sir Alex Ferguson, he was a fantastic leader and could inspire the team to achieve anything and I feel that I use many of the skills that he did.

Dan: You've been quoted this week as saying you are disappointed with the removal of Ched Evans from the Welsh squad, do you want to reiterate those points?

Ryan: Well I am disgusted with this, I am trying to bring success to Wales, and without having all of my players available to me, how can I achieve this. I mean Sam who has been in fantastic form for Newcastle suffered a horrible injury earlier in the season and he's been out for a while, and then now Ched Evans our other first choice striker has no been removed from the squad.

Dan: It does seem odd because the game against England is no doubt a massive club for the country and you will be wanting to get one over on them.

Ryan: Well, it's going to be a tough game and we're expecting that but I have confidence in my team and we will be looking for goals from midfield as well as giving young Simon Church a run out up front.

Dan: Well thanks for your time Ryan, very informative.

_46959890_hansen_hughes_still.jpg

So, the Welsh boss certainly isn't happy with the decision to remove his star striker from the squad, a man who has scored 7 goals in his last 4 games for Wales will no doubt be a massive miss. What do you think of Wales' chance today Alan (Hansen)?

"I really think that Wales have got a good chance today, England have been in shocking form so far, although under Steve Bruce they are certainly scoring plenty of goals, but it seems to be the defence that is proving to be the problem. I mean in their last 3 matches they've conceded an unbelievable 7 goals. Although they have remained unbeaten under Steve." Alan said, "I think that without Ched Evans up front, Wales might struggle for goals, he's scored 7 in 4, that's a fantastic record for the boy, although I wouldn't be surprised if the Manchester United boys pulled something out the bag today."

Alan Hansen's Prediction: 1 - 2 England

linebreak.png

801.png

Wales Lineup:

walesengland.png

Subs: R Taylor, L Nyatanga, D Vaughan, F Eastwood, D Blake, S Ricketts, C Morgan, N Eardley, J Ledley

linebreak.png

So with Jack Collison out tired it look's like Adam Matthews is playing on the right side of midfield in Wales' 4 - 4 - 1 - 1. The line up that has proved so successful for them under Sir Ryan Giggs' reign they will no doubt be aiming to get into England and stop them from being able to play their game. It will be good for the Welsh ans to see young Simon Church getting a run out as the point of their attack, he will no doubt be looking to work the English centre backs and not giving them any time on the ball.

Sir Ryan on England
Giggs_415.jpg

"Today is going to be a tough game no doubt, England have some fantastic players but we will be looking at getting into their faces, and play our game. I have confidence in the player's that have come into the squad and know that they will be able to do a job. (on Marc Jones captaincy) Marc is a fantastic talent and I feel that he already has the influence at the age of 19 to lead Wales, he will no doubt be a major part of everything that's good about Wales for along time."

linebreak.png

765.png

England Lineup:

Englandwales.png

Subs: J Steele, M Richards, R Shawcross, T Cleverley, J Defoe, P Jones, M Dawson, A Young, D Bent

linebreak.png

So Steve Bruce line up in an attacking 4 - 2 - 2 - 2 formation as they look to take the game to the Welsh today. The partnership between Andy Carroll and Wayne Rooney has not proved to be very successful so far, but none the less this is a friendly and it's the perfect time to experiment. The midfield also looks extremely strong and controlling with the calming influence of Michael Carrick and the power of Tom Huddlestone who will no doubt be looking to play balls out for the pace and movement of Aaron Lennon and Adam Johnson. Mark what do you make of England's line up and chances?

marklawrenson.jpg

"Well I like the look of that England formation, I really think that it's going to be an attacking match with both teams looking at getting forward. The midfield is no doubt going to be where this match will be won and lost and I think that Tom and Michael can certainly cope with the Welsh midfield, I believe that Wales will do well to get anything out of this game, It's worth noting that 5 of the players on show between England and Wales represent Manchester United, shows that their squad is certainly boasting plenty of British talent."

linebreak.png

bbcsport1u-1-1.png

Wales vs England - Live Commentary

1925: Welcome to BBC Sport's coverage of this International Friendly between two fierce rivals, Wales vs England. We are moments away from kick off and Wales will certainly be looking at putting in a strong performance today despite missing three of their first choice players.

1930: England kick us off with Andy Carroll and Wayne Rooney a massive cheer goes off with the blow of the whistle, this is going to be a belter.

1931: England immediately attempt to get the ball forward, ball over the top from Aaron Lennon to Wayne Rooney who slightly miss controls and Wayne Hennessey collects.

hartenglandno1 on Twitter: "Come on England, lets get at them! We need to show these so called 'World Cup' champions and put them to the sword. COME ON ENGLAND!"

1933: Andy King fires wide from just outside the area, earl opportunities from both sides, certainly looks like this is going to be a lively game.

1934: Wales still pushing, Marc Jones win a corner after his shot is deflected wide by a block from John Terry.

1936: Michael Carrick brings down Marc Jones on the edge of the area, Gareth Bale steps up...

1936: GOALFLASH Wales 1 - 0 England (Bale)
Wales goal: Stupid foul conceded by Michael Carrick and Gareth Bale steps up to fire a
IMG_0026.jpg

powerful shot into the corner of the net. What a strike but it could have been avoided so easily.

giggsisgod on Twitter: "Gareth Bale is brilliant, future player of the year, what a strike from the boy. Come on Wales!!!"

1940: England trying to calm the game down as they have a good few minutes of possession with Michael Carrick and Tom Huddlestone playing well in midfield.

1943: What a save from Hart - Wales again looking dangerous, Marc Jones plays a short free kick to Chris Gunter who whips a fantastic ball to the far post for Gareth Bale to jump the highest and put a header towards the far post with Joe Hart just getting there and punching the ball away.

1945: Double save from Hart keeps England in the game. Wayne Rooney brings down Marc Jones on the edge of the area for Gareth Bale to step up who fires a fantastic shot but Joe Hart gets down well to parry the ball out, it falls to Simon Church who takes another shot but that's also parried by Hart, and a fantastic sliding challenge from Tom Huddlestone clears the danger.

1950: Opportunity for England to counter plenty of men forward...

1951: GOALFLASH Wales 1 - 1 England (Rooney)
England goal: Fantastic counter attacking move there from the English, Michael Carrick at
IMG_0026.jpg

the heart to repay the team for his earlier error plays a wonderful ball to Andy Carroll who in turn plays Wayne Rooney clean through to take the ball around the keeper and smash in. Fantastic game so far.

1955: Wales continue to push forward, and Gareth Bale wins a corner on the far side, for it to be whipped in and Andy King fired a rebounded shot just over the bar. Really good game.

tomhads32 on Twitter: "What a game so far - both teams really going for it, England to win 3 - 2."
Certainly is a fantastic game both teams looking to get one over, have to praise Steve Bruce for the way he's got England playing.

2004: England are really pushing forward now, that goal has given them confidence to push forward and they are doing so at every opportunity.

2008: GOALFLASH Wales 2 - 1 England (King)
Wales goal: Talk of the devil, just as England were beginning to look incredibly dangerous it
IMG_0026.jpg

was the Welsh who grab a goal, Adam Matthews plays a ball over the top for Simon Church who runs to the byline and puts in a delicious ball into the 6 yard box for Andy King to get their first and smash it home. 2 - 1 Wales.

BBC Radio 5 Live Analyst Pat Nevin: "Every time England push forward they look susceptible
IMG_0030.jpg

to a counter attack, Scott Dann really doesn't look confident at centre back alongside John Terry. Wales look incredibly fired up despite missing some key players.

2011: Nearly 3 for Wales a fantastic build up leads Andy King to head narrowly over with Joe Hart in no man's land looking in despair.

2013: Fantastic tackle from Glenn Johnson, Andy King plays an incredible pass for Gareth Bale who would be clean through but Glenn Johnson slides in and clears the ball - Goal saving tackle there.

2014: England living on the edge here as John Terry puts in a last ditch challenge on Simon Church who looks to be clean through. Then Simon Church again turns neatly to fire a shot that Joe Hart gets down low to save well.

2016: Half-time Wales 2 - 1 England
BBC Sport's Phil McNulty at Millenium Stadium: "England look intimidated by the Welsh today,
IMG_0029.jpg

they look dangerous in attack but defensively, very shaky, Wales will no doubt take confidence from their performance so far and I think England will have to find another gear to get back into the game."

2026: Teams are back out and we're back under way in this fantastic match.

2028: First yellow card of the day, Gareth Bale easily beats Glenn Johnson for blatantly pulling
IMG_0027.jpg

the young Welshman back and stopping him from running clean through - very cynical that.

2034: England beginning to grow in confidence and Wayne Rooney earns a corner from a powerful shot from the edge of the area, well saved by Hennessey.

2037: Wales on the back foot once again England win another corner are really piling the pressure on the Welsh.

2043: GOALFLASH Wales 2 - 2 England (Huddlestone)
England goal: England win a corner which gets headed away by James Collins before Glenn
IMG_0026.jpg

Johnson picks up the ball and plays it to Tom Huddlestone who fires a low hard shot from outside the area. He loves to power them in wonderful strike from the lad.

2047: Michael Carrick booked for pulling back Welsh midfielder Aaron Ramsey, this game is
IMG_0027.jpg

really hotting up.

2050: Fantastic save by Joe Hart, Simon Church breaks free down the right channel and puts a great shot in but the Manchester City keeper gets down extremely well and parries it out for a throw in.

2053: Nyatanga picks up a yellow card for harshly bringing down Glenn Johnson down the
IMG_0027.jpg

right flank bit blatant that.

2056: So close - Wales nearly ahead Marc Jones unleashes a powerful shot from the edge of the area which takes a nasty deflection and it narrowly goes wide the post. That could have gone anywhere.

england1966 on Twitter: "Worried England fan here, Wales look very good. Not sure if our defence can cope with all this pressure from them."

2102: We're into injury time here and Wales are the team on the front foot pushing hard throw in on the left flank.

PENALTY TO WALES

2104: GOALFLASH Wales 3 - 2 England (Jones pen)
Wales goal: Calamitous defending from Leighton Baines who brings down substitute Sam
IMG_0026.jpg

Ricketts in the area with a blatant pull back. Welsh sensation Marc Jones steps up and fires it past the despairing Joe Hart. Game, Set and Match.

2105: Full-time Wales 3 - 2 England
Fantastic performance from Wales today, they really outplayed England for long periods
IMG_0025.jpg

and eventually got that reward all be it thanks to a terrible decision from Leighton Baines. This completes Wales' 2014 with an unbelievable 15 wins out of 15 matches.

Wales' Sir Ryan Giggs: "I am delighted with the performance from the lads today, Simon came in and did a fantastic job for up front he worked very hard and I will no doubt be looking at giving him some more opportunities over the coming games. (on Joe Hart) He's a fantastic goal keeper he kept England in the game, we could have scored alot more but it wasn't to be. Never the less I am happy with the performance and we will take confidence from remaining unbeaten against England."

2115: There's no wonder that Sir Ryan is delighted with the performance, because it was well and truly a tactical master class from the Welshman.

England's Steve Bruce: "Well what can I say, we were out played today, Ryan is a fantastic manager and done a great job building a squad around a talented spine consisting of the Manchester United boys, Bale, Jones and Andy King. We were unlucky not to come away with a draw, felt sorry for Bainsy who had been great until that penalty. We will look to bounce right back and win our next match."

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

Quality 3 games there....4 goals in each, amazing

Cheers buddy conceding way too many goals though!!! Shocking

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

Thanks mate :)

Its just that your story is a magnet to me. It is so freaking attractive

Thanks again mate, :D well i do try!

Possibly the best update i think i have ever read on this forum and any other forums about! this was epic to read! i hope you get more crucial games cuz i love reading them! keep up this fantastic work mate! :D

Possibly the best update i think i have ever read on this forum and any other forums about! this was epic to read! i hope you get more crucial games cuz i love reading them! keep up this fantastic work mate! :D

I've got a Manchester derby next, although might not do it for that, it does take a fair while though haha!! The bit before the live commentary doesn't take long but watching the whole game for highlights is a lengthy process!

Mate please never stop this story I have been reading it as I've been updating too. I really do think it's the best I've ever read mate and I hope it never stops. Two things can you let me know how Chamberlain is doing, Goal, Stats etc and young Iturbe? I'm thinking about signing him next summer. Ill be back on later and will catch up. thanx pal. Keep up the amazing work.

Mate please never stop this story I have been reading it as I've been updating too. I really do think it's the best I've ever read mate and I hope it never stops. Two things can you let me know how Chamberlain is doing, Goal, Stats etc and young Iturbe? I'm thinking about signing him next summer. Ill be back on later and will catch up. thanx pal. Keep up the amazing work.

Cheers buddy, I'll put up a post on them both later, just going to have some food :) Don't worry I won't stop doing this story!

Some great results lately, conceding alot but scoring more which is the main thing i guess :P

Some great results lately, conceding alot but scoring more which is the main thing i guess :P

Yeh gutted conceding but with Ronaldo and Nani on either wing and Bale at left back not the strongest defensively :D haha

Awesome update.!!! Everytime i'm on internet...i check for ur update...awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back