The Rise of the Red Dragon - A Welsh Story

• Thread starter Thread starter eddybw
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 988
  • Views Views 106K
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to be honest right now, and i'm not going to put a generic response here.

When i first read this story, i ignored it, it didn't pull me in. And i didn't want to say, "Well done, KIU, Check my story out", in a attempt to get a comment on my own.

How ever, The story kept going and going, the lay out was getting better, it was **** hot to start of with, but it was getting even better. So i kept on reading, i put some generic..."Well done" comments...but i feel this story is above the rest on here at the moment. Masons Tottenham Story and this one are my favourites, and i make sure i do not miss any thing, because you're both good story tellers. And you both add something different that stand you out from the rest of the story's on here. Some of which are pretty **** and some of which are pretty awesome in their own right.
As an Englishman, i don't care for Wales ;) (Joking), and as a Chelsea fan, i certainly do not hold any regard for United, BUT, i find my self routing for both in this story....
some Story's that are based on big teams always feel the same, and you know they'll win everything, but some how, some way, you manage to take that feeling away and tell the story in a unique way.

This Spanner is a follower ;)

Wow what a read, lol a mini story in my story :D

I'm not sure how I do it lol!! Despite scoring a stupid amount of goals, this is the first save I've managed to get a team consistently scoring lots of goals!! :)

Much appreciate the comment buddy. Btw looking forward to your new OP

Wow what a read, lol a mini story in my story :D

I'm not sure how I do it lol!! Despite scoring a stupid amount of goals, this is the first save I've managed to get a team consistently scoring lots of goals!! :)

Much appreciate the comment buddy. Btw looking forward to your new OP

Needed to say it fella, lol. It's nice when people comment on your hard work, but some times it bugs me when there is a constant "look at mine"....its like they haven't read any of it lol, just a cheap plug for their story....But this is the dogs balls at the moment.....cant wait till Mason adds more to his either.

Needed to say it fella, lol. It's nice when people comment on your hard work, but some times it bugs me when there is a constant "look at mine"....its like they haven't read any of it lol, just a cheap plug for their story....But this is the dogs balls at the moment.....cant wait till Mason adds more to his either.

I do agree it is nice when people actually read it, because it's easy to scan through for just the results!

Yeh Mason's and your San Marino were my favourite stories but no doubt I'll enjoy your new one :D, p.s what happened to your demotion United one? or did you get bored of having better team than everyone around you?

I do agree it is nice when people actually read it, because it's easy to scan through for just the results!

Yeh Mason's and your San Marino were my favourite stories but no doubt I'll enjoy your new one :D, p.s what happened to your demotion United one? or did you get bored of having better team than everyone around you?

Ahhh, i screwed that one up when i edited it, the board lowered the wage budget because we were in league 2, and Rooney and co were on Massive wages, which lost me my job because i couldnt lower it lol

a good few updates but only 5-0 and 6-0 i expected better

Haha cheers buddy :) I did too, complacency buddy its a killer, their micky mouse teams

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

Ahhh, i screwed that one up when i edited it, the board lowered the wage budget because we were in league 2, and Rooney and co were on Massive wages, which lost me my job because i couldnt lower it lol

Ahhhhh okay lol fair enough haha! :D so easy to forget something when creating a scenario like that :),

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

Only 5-0 and 6-0? what you playing at kid? Ahaa i joke of course :) wonderful scores! conceding none and another trophy for Giggsyyboy! :) wonderful bud :D just playing another friendly so update within 15minutes :D keep a nose out :D

Haha cheers buddy, yeh thats 8 trophies for United so far :D not going too badly I guess

Haha cheers buddy, yeh thats 8 trophies for United so far :D not going too badly I guess

well cetainly nothing to grumble about! by the way, i read every update! don't just scan for the scores! your writing is awesome! i look for the updates each time! :) and only ask you to look at mine as you do to me :) just to get interest and people knowing i guess ;) keep it up bud :D

well cetainly nothing to grumble about! by the way, i read every update! don't just scan for the scores! your writing is awesome! i look for the updates each time! :) and only ask you to look at mine as you do to me :) just to get interest and people knowing i guess ;) keep it up bud :D

Ah yeh don't worry bud I know you do lol, what you think of the scout report on Alex and Juan, that was mostly for Mason who asked me too :) so I thought I'd bring it into my story!

Ah yeh don't worry bud I know you do lol, what you think of the scout report on Alex and Juan, that was mostly for Mason who asked me too :) so I thought I'd bring it into my story!

Chamberlain has progressed masively :) looks like a real good asset! Juan im not so sure of! needs proving i think mate :) good to bring it to the story though bud :) check mine wen i get time! (not to increase followers, because your already one :D )

Chamberlain has progressed masively :) looks like a real good asset! Juan im not so sure of! needs proving i think mate :) good to bring it to the story though bud :) check mine wen i get time! (not to increase followers, because your already one :D )

Yeh, I have already :) but yeh I agree Chamberlain would be amazing if he didnt go to City, he needs first team opportunities.

Yeh, I have already :) but yeh I agree Chamberlain would be amazing if he didnt go to City, he needs first team opportunities.

yer just seen lol! tool "/ umm yer he does! will try and get him on mine soon :D

Champions League 1st Knockout Stage Draw

Monday 22nd December 2014

1301394.png

Today is the highly anticipated draw for the Champions League 1st Knockout Stage. Managers from all of Europe's top clubs will be looking at the potential teams that they can face and be hoping for a draw that will see them with a good chance of gaining qualification to the Quarter Finals.

Last years winners Manchester United alongside Barcelona are the favourites for the competition there is no doubt that the latter will want to avoid the Red Devils as they have not managed to beat them since that Champions League Final in 2009 after goals from Samuel Etoo and Lionel Messi saw the Manchester club slump to defeat. With three English clubs in the knock out stage they are once again well represented and will look to continue pushing on.

Fellow Manchester club City failed to qualify after slumping to a third placed finish in a group that contained OL, Villareal and Bursaspor, it went down to the final match where they could only manage a draw away in Lyon.

article-1282843295409-0AEDA71F000005DC-6910_636x300.jpg

First Knockout Stage Draw

Villarreal
1777.png
vs
1487.png
Benfica
Spartak Moscow
1529.png
vs
680.png
Manchester United
A.C Milan
1099.png
vs
1664.png
At. Madrid
Arsenal
602.png
vs
1708.png
Barcelona
St. Rennais
884.png
vs
1150.png
Napoli
FC Bayern
915.png
vs
865.png
Olympic Lyon
PSV
1028.png
vs
961.png
Wolfsburg
Chelsea
630.png
vs
1736.png
Real Madrid

With some tasty matches in the 1st Knockout stage Manchester United will be delighted with a draw against Spartak Moscow that should see them with the opportunity of gaining qualification to the Quarter Final yet again. Sam Allardyce will no doubt putting him European credentials to the test when Arsenal face Barcelona in their tie. Chelsea also face a daunting task as they line up against a Real Madrid side who are currently lying in 2nd in La Liga behind Barcelona once again.

Manager Thoughts

Sir Ryan Giggs (Manchester United)
808e9378926845c68205f16dac7dc24d-1-1.jpg

Sir Ryan Giggs said:
"It's going to be a tough match against the the Russians in Moscow, but no doubt we will fancy our chances of getting a result, and will be looking at qualifying for the Quarter Final. They have some good players mind, their main danger man will no doubt be their striker Welliton he has been in fantastic form for them this season. So we'll have to watch out for him, but I feel we have the strength and determination to win this match."

Sam Allardyce (Arsenal)
Sam-Allardyce415.jpg

Sam Allardyce said:
"Well, what a match for me to make my Champions League debut, Barcelona are no doubt one of the best teams in European and World Football. I personally cannot wait for this match, with the transfer window dawning I will be looking to make some adjustments to the squad, but I have confidence that we can get something out of this game. I have spoken to Cesc and he said that he will stay with the club and has retracted his transfer request so things are looking up, it is going to be important that we improve in the build up to this match.

Quique Flores (Chelsea)
imgquiqueflores2.jpg

Quique Flores said:
"Real Madrid are a top team but I managed to defeat them with Atletico, so there's no reason why I can't do it with Chelsea, we have a fantastic team and will take the game to them. There is nothing to fear, they have lost their best player, in my eyes, Cristiano Ronaldo and do not look as dangerous without him. We know it'll be tough but there are no easy games any more, so it's just of paramount importance that we stay focused and get on with the job."

Last edited:
United with an easy enough draw! should progress! like the managers quotes on this! Big sam faces the biggest test though :) put my stonker scorline in bud :D

United with an easy enough draw! should progress! like the managers quotes on this! Big sam faces the biggest test though :) put my stonker scorline in bud :D

Cheers buddy I thought it'd be something different got another update written and ready to go up in a minute as well :)

Cheers buddy I thought it'd be something different got another update written and ready to go up in a minute as well :)

nice im sat waiting for this update bud :) just done my next one too :)

United look to finish December strongly

Tuesday 23.12.2014

680.png

Manchester United face home matches against Chelsea and Portsmouth as well as an away trip to Blackburn as they bid to finish the year as they started it in goal scoring form. Chelsea will no doubt prove Manchester United's toughest challenge as they look to see out the month in winning form. Ahead of the game Chelsea boss Quique Flores has named his starting 11.

imgquiqueflores2.jpg

Quique Flores said:
" I expect a tough game against Manchester United as always, but I feel that we will be able to win this game. Yes, our form has dipped slightly (referring to 2 - 1 defeat to Birmingham) but we are still right in this title race, if we win this game then we will be on the front foot as we go into January. Torres has been in great form for us so far and we can win this game.

We know their top players, and we will deal with them. It's up to us to adapt our tactics and fight in all areas of the pitch, we really have to stop them playing I feel our starting 11 more than matches theirs. I personally think that Torres is the best striker in the division at the moment and I back him to put in a top performance today against United.

I am so confident of getting a result I will name my starting line up for later today. In goal, Petr Cech as always. In defence, Branislav Ivanovic, John Terry, David Luiz and Jose Bosingwa. In midfield Pedro Leon, Michael Essien, Arturo Vidal and Charlie Adam. Finally in attack, Fernando Torres and Neymar. A strong team, no? We have more than enough up front and in midfield to be able to cope with them."

630.png

P Cech

B Ivanovic - J Terry (c) - David Luiz - J Bosingwa

Pedro Leon - A Vidal - M Essien - C Adam

Neymar - F Torres

vs

680.png

W Rooney - Chicharito

Nani - G Amaya - M Jones C Ronaldo

G Bale - J Evans - N Vidic (c) - Rafael

J Campodonico

There are no surprises in the Manchester United line up with the free scoring Red Devils naming their starting 11 that have played in most of the matches so far this season under Sir Ryan Giggs. So far in all competitions the United midfield have scored an incredible 61 goals in their first 32 matches which is an incredible feat for any team.

Sir Ryan Giggs said:
"There is no reason for us to change our tactics, we beat them in Wembley 2 - 1 despite having 10 men for long periods and we still looked the better team. I really believe that if we win this game then the title is ours to lose. We will look to get at them and attack, we still haven't conceded since our match against Sunderland so people who criticise us to say yes we score but we can't defend, take a look at the stats.

Luis Nani is especially looking forward to the match, he has recently been in fantastic scoring form after having a slow start to the season, only according to his high standards, but he's pulled that back now and he really is coming into his own. I have to say that every team in the world will have to fear this strike force that I have at my disposal I am delighted with the squad.

(on Young Mexican) He has developed incredibly, I am delighted to have this play at my disposal, it's been hard to give Darren (Fletcher) matches over the past few weeks with Gus playing so well. He's an incredible talent, he can score goals, set up goals and is an absolute machine in terms of winning the ball back for us. Something that is always incredibly important."

linebreak.png

Sky_Sports-1.png

5 Star United humiliate Blues

680.png

11.png

Tuesday 23rd December 2014
EPL - Match Day 18
Man Utd
680.png
630.png
Chelsea

Nani (pen 6, pen 50), Wayne Rooney (27, 77), Cristiano Ronaldo (74)

Manchester United shocked the Premier League as they destroyed their closest rivals at Old Trafford today. United who were expected to get a narrow win before the game got off to the best possible start when Chelsea Captain John Terry pulled back Wayne Rooney in the area. It was a careless challenge to make with Wayne running into a dead end, Nani stepped up and scored with consummate ease. Little did Chelsea know that this was going to be the beginning of something special for the Red Devils. Nani turned provider for the second goal after tearing right back Ivanovic to pieces before playing a wonderful cross into the area for Wayne Rooney to get there first and finish neatly at the near post.

69833-david-luiz-and-wayne-rooney-each-scored-in-an-exciting-match-at-stamfo.jpg

Wayne Rooney had the better of David Luiz all game

In the second half Chelsea once again started in the worst possible way after David Luiz came in on the back of Cristiano Ronaldo on in the penalty area to concede their second penalty of the game. Once again Luis Nani stepped up to the plate, and smashed home with Petr Cech having no chance. The fourth goal of the game was a fantastic effort from Cristiano Ronaldo who was played clean through by Wayne Rooney, to fire a powerful shot past the despairing Petr Cech. It was Wayne Rooney who capped a top draw performance with a fantastic volley from the edge of the area after Nani's shot was parried by the Chelsea keeper.

_44524329_rooney_av512.jpg

MoM: Wayne Rooney (9.6)

Wayne Rooney said:
"It was a fantastic win for us today out there, Chelsea tried to rough us up, but it backfired straight away. We have some fantastic players here at United and surely this will show Chelsea that they have along way to go before they can match us. I was surprised that the victory was so emphatic, but we will take it, our strike force is really clicking at the moment I am delighted and love having Cristiano back at the club.

(on scoring 15 goals) I am delighted to have scored 15 goals for the team, but I feel that it's more than that, the team has to work hard and for each other. I think that shows for me with having assisted 12 more. It's easy to score when you have the quality like we do in the team, Marc Jones is an unbelievable talent and if I make a run I know he can find me. It just encourages us to work harder and make runs because we know we have midfielders who can make the passes to us."

linebreak.png

David Moyes sacked as Everton Boss

9.15 a.m - Wednesday 24th December 2014

28228.png

Aston Villa head coach David Moyes has been relieved of his duties following a run of 3 wins in 16 matches and the latest defeat against lowly West Ham.

The result just compounds the terrible for that Aston Villa have been suffering from under the Scot - they are currently lying in 11th position and face matches with a points tally of only 22 from 18 matches - and a statement on the club's website has confirmed that Moyes has been removed from the position of Aston Villa manager.

They have also confirmed that assistant manager Gary McAllister will take over on a caretaker basis whilst a replacement is sought.

image-12-for-team-of-the-weekend-april-4-5-gallery-385884204.jpg

All over: Moyes looked on despairingly as Villa slumped to 2 - 0 defeat

Chairman Randy Lerner said. "This has been a tough decision but we, as a board, believe it is the right one to give the club the best possible chance of continuing to compete for a top 6 finish in the Premier League."

"Our poor sequence of results stretches back for more than 3 months now and there have been no signs at all of it coming to an end."

Aston Villa have been suffering from a poor defence this season under David Moyes which is unexpected as he prides himself in organisation and has openly criticised his team and will no doubt feel that some of their performances cost them his job.

linebreak.png

Shearer new Villa boss

15.00 p.m Wednesday 24th December 2014

28228.png

Relatively inexperienced manager Alan Shearer has been given the opportunity to lead Aston Villa into the future after being appointed today as the man to replace David Moyes. Alan Shearer has so far managed Newcastle for a short spell as they slumped to relegation back in 2009.

Alan Shearer has been chosen as the Aston Villa's boards man to lead the club forward into the future. Alan Shearer has never hidden his ambition of returning to management after that miserable spell at Newcastle.

Alan-Shearer-001.jpg

New man: Alan Shearer is delighted to take Aston Villa forward

In a press conference Alan Shearer said "I am delighted to be given the chance to lead this fantastic club forward. I feel that this is a good time to take charge, and with a change in just 3 days we will look to get off to a winning start."

He also said, "I know that many people will think I am too inexperienced and this might come as a shock but I really really believe that I can achieve success with this club, I am going to aim for a top 6 place as there is still alot to player for we're only 5 points below 7th position and I believe we can reach that. We are still in the F.A Cup with a tie against Swansea after Christmas and a good cup run could inspire us to reach new heights."

i had chelsea down as a close game "/ well i was wrong :( excellent result though mate! can i see the league table soon please? like to know those stats :D and good news with shearer! wat a bloke glad he is back in it! :) can take villa far! :) Everton sacked moyes? he was quality! i rate him!! fantastic updates with the mini stories as ever! :) wonderful top job! :D

i had chelsea down as a close game "/ well i was wrong :( excellent result though mate! can i see the league table soon please? like to know those stats :D and good news with shearer! wat a bloke glad he is back in it! :) can take villa far! :) Everton sacked moyes? he was quality! i rate him!! fantastic updates with the mini stories as ever! :) wonderful top job! :D

Yeh I did too to be honest lol!!! Was surprised at the domination I had, yeh he left Everton to go to Villa last year or year before! I was considering of applying for Everton job at the tiem but decided to wait for the United one :) Yeh league table and award update after Portsmouth and Blackburn games ;)

Cant wait for the next update bud :) hope it folllows in the same light as the others, portsmouth hopefully a big win ;) just done my end of pre season update :D

United look to remain unbeaten for 2014

Saturday 27th December 2014

680.png

11.png

Saturday 27th December 2014
EPL - Match Day 19
Man Utd
680.png
699.png
Portsmouth

Chicharito (17, 45+2), Cristiano Ronaldo (36), Nani (49, 90+2), Wayne Rooney (52)
YellowandRedCard.png
Neil Taylor sent off (28)

W Rooney - Chicharito

Nani - G Amaya - M Jones - C Ronaldo

J Campodonico

nani-celebration-blackburn.jpg

MoM: Nani (9.2)

Manchester United brushed aside Portsmouth at Old Trafford today after once again scoring over 5 goals at home. The scoring was opened in the 17th minute when Chicharito picked up the ball on the edge of the area before dribbling around the defender and slotting into the net with a neat finish. Things then went from bad to worse for Portsmouth when Neil Taylor brought down Cristiano Ronaldo who was clean through and was sent off for a professional foul. Just minutes later midfield maestro Marc Jones played a wonderful through ball for Cristiano Ronaldo to take it around the keeper and fire home from close range.

Wayne Rooney and Chicharito linked up neatly to score United's third with the latter scoring a close range effort. The fourth was a somewhat lucky effort as Ronaldo got tackled in the box with the ball deflecting to Nani who had to slot the ball into an empty net. Wayne Rooney then slotted home from a Chicharito lay back to make it 5, with Nani saving the best till last with a fantastic curling effort that seemed to spend an age in the air as it flew into the top corner of the net.

11.png

Wednesday 31st December 2014
EPL - Match Day 20
Blackburn
612.png
1 - 1
680.png
Man Utd

Dejan Stolnik (7) - Chicharito (37)

M Nelson - Chicharito

Nani - G Amaya - M Jones - C Ronaldo

J Campodonico

CHICOTIME.png

MoM: Dejan Stolnik

There was shock at Ewood Park today as a United side without star striker Wayne Rooney through suspension struggled to a 1 - 1 draw. Dejan got the Rovers off to a flying start after a well executed counter attack allowed him to run clean through and slot past the keeper. Manchester United looked void of ideas for long periods of the game and eventually got a goal back in the 37th minute after some neat play between Michael Nelson and Chicharito who slotted home to make it 1 - 1, but that is what it ended as Manchester United ended the year with a point at Blackburn.

Sir Ryan on Blackburn

Sir Ryan Giggs said:
I am disappointed to end the year on a draw, but none the less we have played fantastically well so there cannot be any complains. Blackburn defended extremely well and I am just delighted that we did manage to break through and get that goal. With Chelsea slipping up its imperative that we continue to get wins and remain unbeaten if we are to retain the Premier League title."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back