The Rise of the Red Dragon - A Welsh Story

• Thread starter Thread starter eddybw
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 988
  • Views Views 106K
Status
Not open for further replies.
YES! I knew you'd destroy pompey! :) must be awesome scoring loads :) exciting as well every time you attack i bet! :) unlucky against blackburn! looks like you really missed Rooney! head up though and start again :) keep it up mate! put a transfer story up for you :D

Well, I'm a Liverpool fan and everytime I see them take ob eddy's united, I vouch for United wins. I even place wagers on goalscorers with my friend-who also reads this. I've been winning most of the wagers-what do you expect when five out eleven players score at least a goal in a single match?

Anyways, nice win in the CWC, looking forward to another Premier League win, FA Cup win, and so on and so forth.

I know I shouldn't say this but still-just try losing 3 games in a row for a change.

Lol I'll try I've managed a draw so never know what might happen in the next game :)

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

YES! I knew you'd destroy pompey! :) must be awesome scoring loads :) exciting as well every time you attack i bet! :) unlucky against blackburn! looks like you really missed Rooney! head up though and start again :) keep it up mate! put a transfer story up for you :D

Haha, yeh pompey are pompey though aren't they disappointed drawing against Blackburn though, I should hav ewon that game lol!! :)

My story will be coming up soon hopefully-Its on Olympique Lyonnais-so please do check it out, it'll be in the form of a novel. And I deleted my last post by mistake. Lucky you quoted it anyway.

United Players rake in Awards

Thursday 1st January 2015

28228.png

Manchester United just continue to break records as they rake in the awards for the year 2014.

World Golden Ball Winner:

1st -
680.png
Marc Jones
2nd -
1708.png
Lionel Messi
3rd -
680.png
Luis Nani

World Player of the Year

1st -
680.png
Marc Jones
2nd -
680.png
Cristiano Ronaldo
3rd -
680.png
Gareth Bale

World Team of the Year

1736.png
I Casillas

1100.png
B Sagna -
1708.png
G Pique - G
1736.png
Chiellini -
680.png
G Bale

680.png
C Ronaldo -
680.png
M Jones -
1708.png
A Iniesta -
680.png
Nani

680.png
W Rooney -
1708.png
L Messi

Striker of the Year

1st -
680.png
Wayne Rooney
2nd -
630.png
Fernando Torres
3rd -
680.png
Chicharito

Midfielder of the Year

1st -
680.png
Marc Jones
2nd -
680.png
Cristiano Ronaldo
3rd -
1708.png
Andres Iniesta

Defender of the Year

1st -
1708.png
Gerard Pique
2nd -
1100.png
Bakary Sagna
3rd -
1736.png
Sergio Ramos

Goalkeeper of the Year

1st -
602.png
Craig Gordon
2nd -
1736.png
Iker Casillas
3rd -
680.png
Jose Luis Campodonico

Summary

goldenball_1675905c.jpg

Marc Jones at the age of 19 became the youngest player ever to win the World Player of the Year Award after beating the iconic Ronaldo who won it in 1996, at the age of 20. This is an incredible feat for the young Welshman who's performances at the World Cup propelled him to this elevated position where he will no doubt be overjoyed with reaching the pinnacle of football and already having so many successes to his name. Marc had reached the dizzying heights of receiving 3 of the most coveted awards as well as being named in the World Team of the Year. He achieved this by scoring an incredible 30 goals in 62 matches for his club having an average rating of 8.09 per match, as well as 10 goals in 15 matches for Wales. On receiving these words he had this to say.

Marc Jones said:
"I cannot believe that I have won this award, all I do is work hard for the team and have done since I first managed to break into the first team at Cardiff two years ago. It is mind blowing how far I've come and how much I have to thank Sir Ryan for allowing me reach my potential and show the world what I can do.

To be spoken of in the same breath as the likes of Van Basten, Roberto Baggio, Ronaldo, Zidane, Lionel Messi and many more greats is something I never thought would be possible.

It's something I am incredibly proud of and it's a great honour. I just hope I can keep up this form for both club and country in the future. I would also like to thank my team mates who I could not have achieved this without, everyone has been so welcoming at Manchester United, and really gave me a fantastic base to build on and I am delighted to be merited with this award."

Sir Ryan Giggs also stepped up to say a few words regarding the Welsh sensation.

Sir Ryan Giggs said:
Well, what can I say. Marc came to me at the age of 16 when I called him up to represent Wales on the big stage and he spoke to be with great ambition. He was so talented even at the age of 16 he inspired us to European success in 2012, and has grown into a truly World Class player. I truly believe that this boy can become the greatest Welsh player to have ever lived and I am honoured to have such a talented player at my disposal.

Marc Jones is a name that is going to become a household name, he is only 19 years old and already has 42 caps for Wales and scored 19 goals. This is an incredible scoring ratio for anyone let alone a 19 year old midfielder. I look forward to seeing what this boy can grow into because I feel that we have here one of the best players that will ever walk the earth."

Wayne Rooney was also awarded with a trophy being Striker of the Year, this came after a fantastic year for the 29 year old who many believe has reached his peak and is playing the best football of his life. Wayne Rooney scored an incredible 54 goals in 59 matches for Manchester United and 9 goals in 8 international matches for England. The 29 year old striker has been the only shining light in England's recent poor performances, and will hope to continue in this run of form.

Last edited:
Cheers buddy :) I thought it was a nice addition to the story

wow! that was a nice twist and a nice write up to go with it bud! you dominated the awards! apart from defenders and goalkeepers! although i spose you got third :) nice domination in the team of the year buddy! :) awesome update and great style :) done my update again :D give us a peak :)

wow! that was a nice twist and a nice write up to go with it bud! you dominated the awards! apart from defenders and goalkeepers! although i spose you got third :) nice domination in the team of the year buddy! :) awesome update and great style :) done my update again :D give us a peak :)

Gutted that Vidic didn't get in team of the year, guess me conceding more at the start of this season caused his stats to drop :( ah well

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

Allardyce's Arsenal defeat Chelsea at Emirates

Thursday 1st January 2015

28228.png

New Arsenal boss Sam Allardyce has had an immediate impact since arriving in December. Big Sam has utilised a 4 - 5 - 1 formation that allows Aaron Ramsey and Cesc Fabregas to dictate the play whilst Alex Song acts as an anchor man. Despite losing possession for long periods of the game Arsenal were clinical in scoring their 2 clear cut chances.

article-1285343261877-077C4CF7000005DC-589903_466x310.jpg

Happy Chap - Allardyce looks down as Arsenal gain 2 - 1 victory over london rivals

Sam Allardyce was delighted after his sides 2 - 1 victory over Chelsea saying, "Well I think that shows my doubters that we can compete with the big boys. We were magnificent today defended well and Cesc was back to his best in the middle of the field."

When asked about whether his side did Manchester United favour by beating their closest rivals he said "Pah, the season is long this victory will not determine who wins the title, Manchester United are leagues ahead of Chelsea in my book, and so are we. Just have to get some consistency and we'll be right up there with them."

nice update. could you put a comment on mine.

Cheers buddy, you haven't updated for 2 days :) will take a look now :)

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

United secure Vidic deal

Friday 2nd January 2015

28228.png

Nemanja Vidic has signed a new 2 and a half year contract at Manchester United, drawing a line under speculation that the Serbian was considering a move.

Manchester United Chief Executive David Gill has revealed that the 33 year old centre back had signed a deal that will keep the Serb until the summer of 2018.

"This is a great day for us, Nemanja is a massive part of the way we play, and his experience is going to be vital to any success that we will have." said United manager Sir Ryan Giggs.

NemanjaVidic2011.jpg

Delighted - Nemanja Vidic has been a mainstay in the United defence since his arrival in 2006

After signing his contract Vidic said, "I came to this club when I was young and have developed enormously with the help of the manager, coaching staff and my team-mates,"

"During my time here we have had a lot of success and I look forward to continuing that success in the coming seasons."

The signing of this contract shows that the Serbian Captain will aim to finish his career at Manchester United taking him to the age of 36. Which is going to be a massive boost for them with the fledgling career of young Sam Merritt being able to develop under a fantastic talent like the Serbian.

I freaking love this. How many trophies has Giggs won.? I see Chamberlain and Iturbe are nothing special lol. I really do like this story. You should hard back it and publish it.

I freaking love this. How many trophies has Giggs won.? I see Chamberlain and Iturbe are nothing special lol. I really do like this story. You should hard back it and publish it.

Haha cheers buddy, really appreciate the comments :) umm

2 Four Nations
1 Euro
1 World Cup

1 Prem
1 CL
2 Community Shields
1 FA Cup
1 League Cup
1 Club World Championship
1 Euro Super Cup

so far...

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

United look to January Fixtures

Friday 2nd January 2015

680.png

After a fantastic 2014, Manchester United will be looking at getting the new year started in the same way they finished the last. With the January transfer window open speculation is rife as to what players are going to be coming and or going to or from Old Trafford. January gives Manchester United the opportunity to compete on 3 fronts playing in the F.A Cup 3rd Round, League Cup Quarter Final and the Premier League.

Firstly its important to look at the League Cup Semi Final Fixtures.

Tottenham
728.png
vs
680.png
Man Utd
Blackpool
613.png
vs
676.png
Liverpool

January Fixtures

facup.png
3.1.2015 -
685.png
Middlesbrough (Away)
11.png
6.1.2015 -
685.png
Middlesbrough (Away)
11.png
11.1.2015 -
609.png
Birmingham (Home)
carling.png
14.1.2015 -
728.png
Tottenham (Away)
11.png
18.1.2015 -
676.png
Liverpool (Away)
11.png
24.1.2015 -
735.png
West Ham (Away)
carling.png
28.1.2015 -
728.png
Tottenham (Home)

Manchester United are no doubt looking forward to a busy January where they will be competing against Tottenham in the League Cup Semi Final with the opportunity to face either Liverpool or Blackpool in the Final. The Red Devils will also no doubt fancy their chances at gaining qualification to the FA Cup 4th Round with a victory over Northerners Middlesbrough.

Sir Ryan on January
808e9378926845c68205f16dac7dc24d-1-1.jpg

Sir Ryan Giggs said:
Well it's a busy month but we are all fresh and up for the challenge. I think it's going to be important for us to gain success in cup competitions and will be looking to progress to both the 4th Round of the FA Cup and Final of the League Cup. I will be looking at bringing in some fresh faces against Boro in the FA Cup. Some of our players were getting tired and that showed against Blackburn last week.

Boakye has been impressing me in training and I will be looking at him in the match. He is really looking forward to showing what he can do in the first team again, he has already impressed me in the League Cup and will look for another good performance today. Sam Merritt will also be starting in defence alongside Chris Smalling, I feel it's important to give our youth a chance in matches like these.

The Tottenham games and Liverpool games should be the hardest for your team, but i reckon you'll win the rest

The Tottenham games and Liverpool games should be the hardest for your team, but i reckon you'll win the rest

Yeh I'd hope so, I can't lose to Liverpool though my ambition is to get Rafa sacked again lol :)

Nice to see you crushing everyone, fantastic victory over Chelsea :D

On a down note, Neil Taylor got sent-off for Pompey :(

Nice to see you crushing everyone, fantastic victory over Chelsea :D

On a down note, Neil Taylor got sent-off for Pompey :(

Yeh it was sad to see him get sent off, but helped me this time, never got sent off internationally, seems to step up in class there for me :)

---------- Post added at 01:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 AM ----------

Red Devils look to bounce back from dropped points

Saturday 3rd January 2015

680.png

Manchester United face Middlesbrough in the FA Cup 3rd Round as they look to progress to the next stage. The Red Devils will have no reason to fear the northerners having won all 4 previous encounters scoring 15 and conceding 3 goals. Sir Ryan Giggs has already spoken that he'll name a weakened team against Boro in a bid to freshen up some of the tired faces in the United line up who have already played a lot of games for the Red Devils so far this season.

facup.png

Saturday 3rd January 2015
FA Cup - Round 3 Match
Middlesbrough
685.png
2 - 3
680.png
Manchester United

Kevin Thomson (22), Charles Dissels (61) - Wayne Rooney (9), Boakye (33, 45+2)
InjuryLogo.png
Tony McMahon injured (12)

W Rooney - Boakye

J Vargas - D Fletcher - A King - A Valencia

F Coentrao - C Smalling - S Merritt (c) - T Avenel

J Campodonico

eb83f0b1308ab5835f5286f7bb0c-grande.jpg

MoM: Boakye (8.8)

Manchester United put in a confident performance today as they overcame Middlesbrough at the Riverside Stadium. It was the Red Devils who opened the scoring in the 9th minute as Wayne Rooney scored a simple close range finish after a majestic run from his own half down the left flank. The equaliser was a 50 yard strike from Kevin Thomson after a terrible error from Jose Luis Campodonico who vacated his box to clear the ball and played it straight to the Boro player who fired into an empty net from just inside the United half. Boakye then grabbed his first goal of the night after some great work from Fabio Coentrao down the left flank before crossing neatly for the young Ghanaian to slide one into the net. His second of the night came after some great work from Wayne Rooney who played a wonderful ball into the box for Boakye to smash home from close range. Boro grabbed a late goal when Dissels grabbed a close range headed goal but it was only to be a consolation goal.

YouTube - Middlesbrough vs Man Utd - Thomson Goal 22nd minute

680.png
MANCHESTER UNITED TEAM NEWS: DAVID BECKHAM STARTS AGAINST BORO!

11.png

Tuesday 6th January 2015
EPL - Match Day 21
Middlesbrough
685.png
0 - 3
680.png
Manchester United

David Beckham (34), Nani (42), Wayne Rooney (53)
YellowandRedCard.png
Abubakari Yakubu sent off (74)

W Rooney - Chicharito

Nani - D Beckham - M Jones - C Ronaldo

G Bale - J Evans - N Vidic (c) - Rafael

J Campodonico

article-0-0045231700000258-61_468x308.jpg

MoM: David Beckham

With Gustavo Amaya away on International duty, it was David Beckham's opportunity and he certainly grabbed it with both hands, when he opened the scoring with a typically fantastic free kick from 25 yards. The fans were overjoyed to see a club legend continue to show what they can do. David Beckham then assisted United's second after putting in a fabulous corner kick for a Nani header to fly in past the keeper. The final goal came as Gareth Bale headed over the defence for Wayne Rooney to run clear and power a shot with the game finishing 3 - 0.

11.png

Sunday 11th January 2015
EPL - Match Day 22
Man Utd
680.png
609.png
Birmingham

Cristiano Ronaldo (17, 55), Wayne Rooney (19, 60), Chicharito (44), Nani (78) - Sebastian Larsson (21)

W Rooney - Chicharito

Nani - D Beckham - M Jones - C Ronaldo

G Bale - J Evans - N Vidic (c) - Rafael

J Campodonico

Cristiano-Ronaldo-001.jpg

MoM: Cristiano Ronaldo (9.5)

Manchester United fans celebrated an emphatic 6 - 1 win at Old Trafford this afternoon. A brace from Cristiano Ronaldo helped Man Utd to victory.

Portugal Captain Cristiano Ronaldo gave Man Utd the lead with a close range header in the 17th minute. Wayne Rooney doubled Man Utd's lead with a finish executed with aplomb on 19 minutes.

Midfielder Sebastian Larsson pulled one back for Birmingham after 21 minutes with a header. Chicharito scored with an incisive finish in the 44th minute to to extend the leader further.

It was a superb solo effort and Chicharito looked delighted. An error from Birmingham's Ben Foster allowed Cristiano Ronaldo to score a well timed close range finish. Rooney added his second goal of the game with a real poacher's effort on 60 minutes.

World class winger Nani completed the rout with a powerful effort from the edge of the area on 78 minutes.

After these two fixtures David Beckham spoke of his delight at being back in a United shirt.

Becks3.png

David Beckham said:
It's a fantastic feeling to walk out in front of the Old Trafford faithful and for Giggsy to give me the opportunity to play and start it's great. With this being my last season I really want to go out with a bang so I'm going to work as hard as ever to help us compete on all fronts.

(on the goal last week) [laughs] well taking set pieces is a skill that you never lose I practise just as much as I ever did and I was delighted to have scored. I was happy with my contribution today as well. I still feel fit and that I can contribute and I look forward to having more opportunities over the coming games.

So far this season David Beckham has made 4 league appearances scoring 3 goals and assisting 4 more. At 39 the veteran midfielder continues to wow the United faithful.

love how many trophies giggs won! :) its awesome! boro nearly catch you out in the cup! dumoed them in the league though! as well as dumping birmingham as well! brilliant bud! another great read

love how many trophies giggs won! :) its awesome! boro nearly catch you out in the cup! dumoed them in the league though! as well as dumping birmingham as well! brilliant bud! another great read

I'm just chuffed with Beckham's input was fantastic in those 2 matches :)

---------- Post added at 03:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 AM ----------

some brilliant results there buddy

Cheers buddy got some difficult ones coming up :)

---------- Post added at 03:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 AM ----------

United face Spurs in League Cup Semi Final

Sunday 11th January 2015

680.png

Manchester United look ahead to a League Cup Semi Final first leg at White Hart Lane, where they will be hoping to gain a positive result in an effort to qualify for the final once again. Under Sir Ryan Giggs Man Utd have met Spurs on three occasions with the Red Devils winning all 3 scoring 10 goals and conceding 2, the latest match at Old Trafford this season was an emphatic win in favour of Red Devils. Before the match Stuart Pearce spoke regarding his starting 11 and the teams chances.

England-U21-Training-and--007.jpg

Stuart Pearce said:
"Manchester United are always going to be tough opposition, and we know that, I also know that Sir Ryan has mentioned that he is going to be naming a weaker team. But regardless of what team they put out we know it's going to be a hard match. (on Tevez) Carlos is currently suffering from a knock so I am unwilling to risk him in this match, it is important for us to do well in the League as well.

We know the expected line up that they will play, I expect Boakye to start up front for them today, and we know that he can be dangerous he's extremely strong and has plenty to prove. I am confident however that our defence will be able to cope with any possible bombardment. We are disappointed to be missing Sebastien Bassong for this game and that is a loss, but I have confidence that Roland Juhasz can come in and do a job for us."

728.png

Gomes

K Walker - M Dawson (c) - R Juhasz - B Assou-Ekotto

A Lennon - W Palacios - S de Jong - J Gavilan

P Helmes - Keirrison

vs

680.png

D Berbatov - Boakye

J Vargas - D Beckham - M Jones - A Valencia

F Coentrao - S Merritt - N Vidic - Rafael

J Campodonico

Manchester United might have surprised people by naming a relatively weak squad against Tottenham today, but with free scoring cup man Boakye they have a man up front who is potent in front of goal and looking to show his boss what he can do. They have got the ever present Marc Jones in midfield alongside David Beckham who has been in fantastic form since returning to the first team.

808e9378926845c68205f16dac7dc24d-1-1.jpg

Sir Ryan Giggs said:
"This line up might surprise a few people but I have confidence in the team I've named, we have a good blend of experience and youth. David and Marc in midfield should be able to cope with any pressure that Tottenham can put on us, and then we have Dimitar up front who will be able to bring Boakye into play at any opportunity.

I've named Nemanja in defence because I feel that they do have the ability to score goals against us, I wanted to play Sam today in defence because I feel he is showing fantastic development and playing alongside Vidic in a match like this will give him even more valuable experience for his future, I see him as a future England and Manchester United Captain.

linebreak.png

Sky_Sports-1.png

United scrape 2 - 0 away win

680.png

carling.png

Sunday 11th January 2015
League Cup - Semi Final 1st Leg
Tottenham
728.png
0 - 2
680.png
Man Utd

Dimitar Berbatov (15), Boakye (29)

Manchester United today produced a fantastic back to the wall display as they overcame Tottenham in a close match at White Hart Lane. The star man for United was the ever present 33 year old Nemanja Vidic who was majestic in defence and put in a string of fantastic tackles to prevent Tottenham from getting anything from the game. It was a top class first half performance from Manchester United where the scoring was opened by the supremely stylish Dimitar Berbatov who finished neatly from a Antonio Valencia cross. The second goal came 14 minutes later when Marc Jones played a killer ball straight through the Spurs defensive line for Strong Forward Boakye fired home from close range with a neat finish.

MoM: Nemanja Vidic (8.2)
NemanjaVidicTottenhamHotspurvManchestermardDtZsrt6l.jpg

Nemanja Vidic put in a defensive master class

In the second half it was Tottenham all the way they completely dominated possession and were all over the Red Devils, with United occasionally posing a threat from counter attacking moves but other than that it was one man who stood strong, and alongside Sam Merritt restricted Tottenham to only 1 clear cut chance and 4 shots on target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back