The Rise of the Red Dragon - A Welsh Story

• Thread starter Thread starter eddybw
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 988
  • Views Views 106K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I play high lines and say hassle them :P last game against them they were without Van Persie, Walcott, Arshavin and Fabregas so I beat them 4-0 :D

Yeah it is :P Ive got Rooney out atm so i bought Macheda into the main team, he's been on fire when I expected to struggle for goals, won 7-0 twice since haha :D

Yeah it is :P Ive got Rooney out atm so i bought Macheda into the main team, he's been on fire when I expected to struggle for goals, won 7-0 twice since haha :D

That's awesome I let him ago last season, I think got 7 odd million for him, no doubt he could become great!! But I've got young others I wanted to introduce.

Aha nice gain to be fair, Im thinking of getting rid of Welbeck instead as I prefer Macheda personally :)

Yeh he was gone for me sold to Burnley, and scoring loads in Championship at the moment! :)

United face Orient in FA Cup 4th Round Match
facup.png

Saturday 31st January 2015

linebreak.png

leytonorient.png
680.png

LEYTON ORIENT VS MANCHESTER UNITED

linebreak.png

Manchester United are looking forward to travelling to North London to face Leyton Orient in the FA Cup 4th Round in a match that is highly anticipated with many people speaking of a potential giant killing with United expected to name a somewhat weakened side. Manchester United are looking to progress to win the FA Cup for a consecutive time for the first time in their illustrious career Already having won the competition 12 times whilst being runner up 7 times.

Leyton Orient are currently lying in 14th position in League 1 and are suffering from a bad run of form and will no doubt be looking at the possibility that if they could get a result against Manchester United today then they could kick start their season in a bid to gain qualification to the Premier League. They have already beaten Premier League opposition when they defeated Sheffield United in the previous round after winning 2 - 1 after extra time seeing an ex Manchester United striker Eddie Johnson scoring the winner 2 minutes before the 120 minute mark.

leytonorient-1.png

R Clarke

T McClenahan - B Chorley (c) - T Forbes - C Armstrong

T Tshinyama

M Odubajo - J Smith - D Hammond - S Govier

E Johnson

vs

680.png

I Petric - Boakye

J Vargas - A King - D Beckham - A George

F Coentrao - K Manolas - S Merritt (c) - T Avenel

J Campodonico

Manchester United name an extremely young squad with an average age of just 23, which is heavily impacted by David Beckham (39) being involved, as they look to gain qualification to the 5th Round. There are two surprise inclusions being Andy George coming into play on the right side of midfield playing alongside his hero David Beckham who he has dubbed as being the future version of. The other surprise inclusion is Ivan Petric, who people may recognise as a player that has previous played as a centre back for Manchester United but young Ivan is blessed with being a natural striker and defender.

Ivan Petric Attributes
Attributes.png

Sir Ryan Giggs said:
"I've gone with a somewhat youthful side today against Leyton Orient because I feel that it's a perfect opportunity to get some vital experience in these players development. We have some experience as well as mostly youth in the line up today. I feel that this team will be capable of getting a result today, and we will certainly be looking to win as we don't want a replay.

(on Ivan) He's an incredible talent, physically I don't think I've ever seen someone that can be compared to Ivan, he's fast, strong, agile, incredible balance and paired with that, he has unbelievable work rate and determination. This boy has got it all, technically he may not be developed but don't forget, the boy's only 16. He's got plenty of time to grow into a top class player.

He's going to be playing in the Wayne Rooney role, as a complete forward so he will be responsible for tracking back as well as linking up play up front. I think this is a great opportunity for him to show me what he can do. He's along side Boakye who is in unbelievable form in Cup competitions and I am sure soon I'm going to have selection problems, but that's what we want as managers."
Giggs_415-1.jpg

linebreak.png

28228.png

Boakye stars as Orient brushed aside

680.png

facup.png

FA Cup - 4th Round Match
Leyton Orient
leytonorient-1.png
0 - 4
680.png
Manchester Utd

Boakye (1, 28, 48), Juan Manuel Vargas (25)

A comprehensive for Manchester United's kids today as they brushed aside Leyton Orient at Brisbane Road in North London. The game got started in the worst possible fashion for the League 1 outfit when after 15 seconds Ivan Petric used power and pace to drive forward and play a ball to Boakye on the edge of the area who launched an audacious lob to make it 1 - 0 in less than a minute for the Red Devils. The youthful United side continued to push forward looking to add to their early goal and the eventually scored again when cultured winger Juan Manuel Vargas fired in a powerful shot from 25 yards with Orient keeper Clarke not standing a chance.

Becks3.png

Beckham put in a good performance in midfield

Manchester United's third goal was a thing of beauty as a Andy George won the ball back on the right flank before playing it to Beckham who sprayed the ball out to the left flank to find Juan Manuel Vargas, who played the ball back to Andy King who hit a wonderful first time pass for Boakye who scored a close range effort. Top quality stuff that. Manchester United's final goal of the day came from a Leyton Orient goal kick with Sam Merritt winning the ball in the area who headed the ball over the top for Boakye to run free and place a neat finish into the corner of the net. Boakye will no doubt be delighted with being given first team opportunities as he now makes it 11 goals in 7 cup matches.

Hat trick for Boakye

Richmond-Boakye-Yiadom.jpg

Boakye looked absolutely delighted to score his first hat trick for Manchester United as his career goes from strength to strength. At the age of 21 he no doubt has a fantastic future. He worked incredibly hard and scored some fabulous goals today, none better than the majestic lob that was scored in just 15 seconds for the Red Devils.

Boakye stated that he was delighted to be given the opportunities in the first team and stated that he looks forward to being given the chance in the Premier League.

YouTube - Leyton Orient vs Man Utd - Boakye Goal 1st minute

Last edited:

United's Vidic receives 2 match ban

Sunday 1st February 2015

28228.png

Serbia captain and Manchester United captain Nemanja Vidic receives a 2 match domestic ban and a charge of violent conduct for his actions in the Premier League match against West Ham on 24th January. This will no doubt be a massive loss for Manchester United

Nemanja Vidic accepted the charge, which relates to the incident involving a tackle from behind on England striker Carlton Cole. The charge was raised after the match when the video footage was analysed by Premier League officials.

Vidicsentoff.png

Nemanja Vidic will miss matches against Arsenal at home and Newcastle away whilst serving his 2 match ban, and will return for United's clash with Bolton at Old Trafford on Valentines Day, in a match that there is sure to be no love lost. It is likely that fledgling defender Sam Merritt will step into the vacancy left by Nemanja Vidic playing alongside Jonny Evans in defence during these 2 matches.

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

Good result, especially considering having such a young team.

Yeh cheers buddy, was a great game, really entertaining to watch the highlights. Boakye is a machine I think he's going to become a great striker.

cheers bud, :) will do :)

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 PM ----------

Nice win against the Orient buddy

Yeh that boakye is a beast, got signed by Sir Alex at the start in 2010 for like £1.5m from genoa

Unfortunate about Vidic missing the Arsenal match, at home so perhaps better chance :)

United look to February Fixtures

Sunday 1st February 2015

680.png

After another good month for the Red Devils, Manchester United will be looking at continuing their good form into February. Having not made any signings and allowing a few youngsters to go out on loan Sir Ryan Giggs has confirmed that he believes the current squad is more than strong enough to cope with the demands that the club will be coming under in the coming months. With February being a quiet month for fixtures thanks to some internationals and the Carling Nations Cup it's no wonder that Sir Ryan believes that the squad is strong enough.

680.png
February Fixtures

11.png
4.2.2015 -
602.png
Arsenal (Home)
11.png
8.2.2015 -
688.png
Newcastle (Away)
11.png
14.2.2015 -
614.png
Bolton (Home)
1301394.png
18.2.2015 -
1529.png
Spartak Moscow (Away)
11.png
25.2.2015 -
622.png
Burnley (Away)

801-1.png
February Fixtures

100100-1.png
10.2.2015 -
793.png
Scotland (Neutral)

Manchester United are no doubt looking forward to facing rivals Arsenal in the Premier League at Old Trafford as they hope to continue into their fantastic form and their lead in the Premier League. Manchester United are currently on 70 points are just 24 matches, an incredible achievement for any side, many pundits have been talking about this being one of the best teams to have ever existed let alone at this moment in time.

Sir Ryan on February
808e9378926845c68205f16dac7dc24d-1-1.jpg

Sir Ryan Giggs said:
"This is an important month for us, Arsenal have been in fantastic form since Big Sam took over, I feel that if we can get a victory in this match then that puts us in a great position for the rest of the season. (on transfers) I feel that the current squad is strong enough to deal with the season, we have fantastic strength in depth which is provided by a number of quality youth team players. I really think that we can continue the success that this club so dearly craves whilst keeping our youth policy as a priority.

(on Vidic suspension) Vidic is no doubt going to be a massive loss for us he is a quality defender and have been a large part of what has helped us be so successful up until now. I will look to give young Sam some more game time, he has come on leaps and bounds and played extremely well in the match against Leyton Orient and against Tottenham in the League Cup. I have confidence in the boy's ability to step up and put in more top quality performances over the coming months."

United face Arsenal in Premier League Clash

Wednesday 4th February 2015

Sky_Sports-1.png

linebreak.png

11-2.png

linebreak.png

680.png
602.png

MAN UTD VS ARSENAL

Teamsheet.png

linebreak.png

Live from Old Trafford

oldtraffordlarge2-1.jpg

Good afternoon, I'm Jeff Stelling and welcome to Sky Sports Football Special coverage of a highly anticipated match between Sir Ryan Giggs' Manchester United and Big Sam's Arsenal. We are here at the magnificent Old Trafford, as the fans pour in looking forward to this great match.

I'm here joined by Jamie Redknapp, Ray Wilkins and ex Manchester United striker Dwight Yorke, we will be looking at the game and what chances both teams have ahead of the match. Since Sam Allardyce's arrival at Arsenal they have been on a run of 1 defeat in 10 matches and area looking to get one over on a Premiership rival Manchester United. United have been in fabulous form so far this season and are really looking to once again get one over on Arsenal. Before the match Big Sam spoke to Geoff Shreeves yesterday about his arrival at Arsenal and the impact he has had.

allardyce_314135c.jpg

Sam Allardyce said:
"Thanks for speaking to me Geoff, Yeh I am delighted to be given the opportunity to manage one of the top clubs in the world. They were in a bad place when I took over them lounging in 12th position. I feel that under Roberto Mancini the outlook was far too defensive and that's not what Arsenal is about. We need to be putting teams on the back foot and play passing football. But my belief is also that's its important for us not to concede goals and I feel that I am on the way to achieving both of these.

(on impact) I think I have had a positive impact so far on the team, we have had 5 clean sheets in the 10 games under my management so far, it's important for us to be strong defensively but we need to score goals, and I am working on bringing a blend of both to Arsenal. (on Fabregas) I am delighted that Cesc has stayed with us, before I arrived he had a bust up with the previous management team and did not like the path that the club was going down. When I arrived I immediately prioritised keeping Cesc here we had a good talk and he was overjoyed with the vision I had for this club.

(on Manchester United) Tomorrow is going to be a massive challenge, United have been in unbelievable form since the arrival of Sir Ryan. They are in unbeatable form, but as manager of Arsenal Football Club, I believe that there is always an opportunity, we will take the game to them, but it is going to be important for us to not be too gung ho, we need to be sensible. Everyone knows that they are incredibly strong on the counter attack, But I feel that we have the players that can hurt United."

Big Sam has certainly had a great impact on Arsenal so far and they have been playing some great attacking football. It's looking good for Arsenal so far this season. Looking at their team sheet it's possible to see that whereas under Mancini used to play 2 defensive midfielders Arsenal are playing with just the one anchorman in Alex Song and Aaron Ramsey and El Capitano Cesc Fabregas in the centre of the park. Looking at the team sheet's Jamie what do you make of both teams chances today?

Jamie-Redknapp-001.jpg

Well Big Sam has had a fantastic impact since arriving at Arsenal, but I'm just not sure that they can overcome United today, even though they are without Vidic who how he didn't win defender of the year is a travesty. I think United might miss him today, with young Merritt at centre back Arsenal will really want to get forward and put him under pressure, alongside Rafael, Jonny Evans and Gareth Bale, they aren't incredibly strong so I fancy Arsenal getting a goal today, I think it might be a case of who scores more. Since Sir Ryan has arrived at Old Trafford though winning all four games against Arsenal, but I really do think that Big Sam will be more tactically adept and I think Arsenal will get a draw today.

Arsenal have also scored 18 goals in Big Sam's reign which is a massive improvement over the previous matches of the campaign. With van Persie back from injury as well I think that his movement will be crucial to any success that Arsenal can have today, with Nasri and Ruiz on the wings, they have two players who will likely cut in and want to get involved, which should work well against United who favour using plenty of width.

linebreak.png

602.png

Arsenal Lineup:

arsenalunited.png

Subs: L Fabianski, S Dann, J Djourou, E Elia, M Chamakh, S Ghazouani, J Matter

linebreak.png

So Arsenal go for a far more attacking line up against Manchester United today as they line up in a 4 - 5 - 1 formation. with Robin van Persie leading the line against United today, they will no doubt be looking at him to cause the young centre back Merritt trouble. It's a great opportunity for Aaron Ramsey to show what he can do against his International managers' United side today. Aaron Ramsey spoke to one of our reporters ahead of the match about facing up to his idol Sir Ryan Giggs.

ramseytraining.png

Aaron Ramsey said:
"I am really looking forward to the match, games between us are always fantastic. It will no doubt be played at a high tempo with both teams really going for it, and that's what you get in the Premier League day in day out. Sir Ryan has achieved incredible things as both a player and a manger and has already got Manchester United potentially playing the best football in the league. But it's going to be up to us to stop them today, I think it's going to be important for us not to concede an early goal so that we can settle down and push on.

(on Big Sam) He's a fantastic manager he's come in with many doubters questioning whether he could do a job like this, and I think in the early stages he is certainly proving people wrong. He has convinced Cesc to stay with us which is great for the club and the players, he has also given us confidence really show what we can do, I mean we've already beaten Chelsea and Liverpool so far under his guidance so why can't we do it against Manchester United today."

So Aaron is certainly signing the praises of Big Sam and what he has already achieved since arriving. Ray what do you make of the team's chances today?

d56205949bns-007jpg.jpg

I can't wait for this match, this is one of those matches where the hype is always worth while. Both team's always try to go for it and get the ball down and play it. I have a sneaking suspicion that Manchester United might slip up today. I really think that the movement of Nasri and Van Persie will really cause the Red Devils problems. As good as young Sam Merritt has looked I think this might be a real challenge for him today to be thrown into a game like this is going to be incredibly tough. My prediction is a 1 - 1 draw.

linebreak.png

680.png

Manchester United Lineup:

Unitedvspool-2.png

Subs: Boakye, A Valencia, M Carrick, P Evra, Anderson, I Petric, D Berbatov

linebreak.png

So Manchester United once again line up in their attacking 4 - 4 - 2 formation which shows that they are continuing to push forward and really take the game to Arsenal. As expected Sam Merritt comes in at centre back in place of suspended Nemanja Vidic. If Manchester United manage to win this game then it will take them an incredible 16 points clear at the 25 game mark. Time to get our final analysts view on what he believes will happen, Dwight finally, who do you think will get the win today?

90744947-1.jpg

Manchester United can win this game, and they will win this game. Ryan has got it down to a tee to beat Arsenal, he holds a high line and plays high pressure football, this doesn't give them a chance to settle on the ball and disrupts their passing football. If they can do this again today then I really think that United will get a comfortable win. People who doubt Sam's quality as well, really should take a close look at him, he is going to be a world class centre back, he's 16 and is already in the Manchester United first team, he is really going to be fantastic. I really think 2 - 0 United. Finally here is Sir Ryan's view on the coming game.

808e9378926845c68205f16dac7dc24d-1-1.jpg

Sir Ryan Giggs said:
"I have been looking forward to this match against Arsenal for a while now. I really think it will be a challenge or us, we certainly won't get complacent and know that Big Sam has really had a great impact at the Emirates. I have confidence in my side's ability and know that we can get a positive result today. We know the way to play against Arsenal and will continue to play in the same way that we have been so far. High pressure, high tempo, high line, and really going for it, if we can get the first goal then I have confidence that we will be able to see the game out."

So before we cross over to the commentary lets take a look at the analysts Predictions. We'll be back for half time reaction.

Jamie Redknapp: 1 - 1

Ray Wilkins: 1 - 1

Dwight Yorke: 2 - 0 United

linebreak.png

Sky_Sports-1.png

1st Half: Manchester United vs Arsenal - Live Commentary

1940: Hello and welcome to Sky Sports coverage of a highly anticipated match between Manchester United's clash with Arsenal at Old Trafford. We're here waiting for the kick off the teams are out with the fanfare song ringing around this majestic ground.

1943: So young Sam Merritt makes his second League start today against Arsenal today, what a fantastic prospect this boy is.

1946: So Bryan Ruiz and Cesc Fabregas get us under way here at Old Trafford, it's a fantastic atmosphere here today.

1947: GOALFLASH MAN UTD 1 - 0 Arsenal (Chicharito)
United goal:
Shocking start for the Gunners, Ramsey attempts a ball over the top with Rafael
IMG_0026.jpg

winning the header who plays it to Sam Merritt who again plays it back to Rafael, who see's Chicharito on Vermaelen's shoulder making a run and he plays a wonderful ball over the top, the little Mexican runs clear and places a wonderful shot past Craig Gordon. 1 - 0 United.

1952: Arsenal attempt to get straight back into the game with Nasri moving over to the left and pushing forward well before playing a ball to the edge of the box for surprisingly Cristiano Ronaldo to track back and clear the ball for United.

1955: Chance - Rooney sprints through down the left flank, and gets to the byline before playing the ball back to Marc Jones in space who fires a shot over the bar, should have done better there.

giggsisgod on Twitter: "What a boy, that Chicharito is a finisher if I've ever seen one, COME ON UNITED!"

1958: United continuing to push forward, Rafael having plenty of success down the right flank, Arsenal seem unable to cope with the pressure they're being put under right now.

2005: Chance - what a chance that was for the 16 year old, Marc Jones plays in a wonderful corner kick, for Sam Merritt to have a free header but he can just head it straight at Craig Gordon, any where else and it would be 1 - 1.

2008: Arsenal nearly equalise Fabregas works the ball well in a counter attacking before playing Nasri through who just had to time his run, but his shot was saved any way.

2011: United should be clear, terrible error from Vermaelen leaves Chicharito to run clean into the box on the left flank, plays a wonderful ball to Cristiano Ronaldo who is in plenty of space and he just fires the ball straight at Craig Gordon, really should be 2 - 0 to United.

BBC Radio 5 Live Analyst Pat Nevin: "Arsenal looking absolutely shot of confidence that early
IMG_0030.jpg

goal has rocked them, they really need to settle down and gather some composure if they are to get anything out of this game."

2015: Man Utd Red Card (Rooney)
United sending off:
Horrible, horrible tackle that, United on a counter attack with Cristiano
IMG_0028.jpg

Ronaldo running forward down the right flank, creates space for himself plays a wonderful cross in, and Wayne Rooney jumps in two footed drop kick style in Thomas Vermaelen, he's lucky to be able to play on.

whitepele23 on Twitter: "God Rooney, he's 29 he needs to learn to grow up that was frankly a terrible challenge he was never going to get the ball, that's him out for 3 matches."

2020: Sam Merritt has been fantastic in defence so far, he wins a header playing the ball to Ronaldo who gives the ball to Chicharito who fires a ball at Gordon who parries out for a throw.

2021: Arsenal have a free kick just inside the United half their sending everyone forward, Nasri about to take it...

2022: GOALFLASH MAN UTD 2 - 0 Arsenal (Chicharito)
United goal:
What a howler, Nasri goes to play the ball to Vermaelen quickly but the Belgian
IMG_0026.jpg

misses the ball and Chicharito runs clean through from his own half, and you can put your money on him scoring and he slots it past Craig Gordon, 2 - 0 United. Arsenal committing terrible errors today.

2025: Manchester United amazingly looking the better team, even with 10 men, Marc Jones, Chicharito and Cristiano Ronaldo at the heart of it, with the latter having the ball in space but he only manages to slide the ball into the side netting, should have hit that earlier.

BBC Sport's Phil McNulty at Old Trafford: "Arsenal are really struggling out there today, to have a numerical advantage and then concede such a cheap goal as they just conceded that's a terrible, terrible mistake to make. They just need half time to come so they can regroup and come out fresh.

2030: That boy Chicharito is on fire, Gareth Bale plays the ball to the Mexican who turns and beats Boyata for pace before Craig Gordon makes a good save, Arsenal really living on the edge here.

2034: We're into injury time, and Nani fires a curling effort just wide of the post, United still all over the Gunners here.

2036: Half-time Man Utd 2 - 0 Arsenal
BBC Sport's Phil McNulty at Old Trafford:
"It's half time here at Old Trafford, and Arsenal
IMG_0029.jpg

really had a chance with United going down to 10 men, but committed a terrible error and paid the price. They really have to refocus and come forward, but the problem is Andreas Beck and Clichy just can't cope with Nani and Ronaldo."

linebreak.png

Sky_Sports-1.png

Half Time Analysis

15157930.jpg

So United lead, despite going down to 10 men, it's been a fantastic performance from the Red Devils so far. What do you make of the first half Jamie?

Jamie Redknapp said:
"Well I'm really disappointed with Arsenal today, I expected alot better from Big Sam's side, but you have to give it to the United players' they have been majestic so far. Pressure all over the pitch, and what about that boy Sam Merritt he's been incredible in defence for them, he looks like a new Vidic every high ball that comes forward it's no contest. I think that Arsenal are going to have to make some changes if they are going to get anything out of this game, they are going to have to go for it."

We have just heard from our touchline reporter that Marouane Chamakh is warming up so it certainly looks like Arsenal are really going to go for it, right we can cross over to Geoff Shreeves who's currently with Big Sam, here we go.

Sam-Allardyce-is-set-to-u-001.jpg

Sam Allardyce said:
"Well Geoff, we've been terrible so far, I'm bringing on Chamakh to partner Van Persie up front, we're going to a 4 - 4 - 2, we need to put some pressure on their back 4, despite our numbering them in midfield, the quality of Gustavo and Marc in there has been to much for us today so far, we need to go a bit more direct and try to pin them back, I think that this should certainly help us."

Right that's all for half time analysis time to cross over back to our live commentary.

linebreak.png

Sky_Sports-1.png

2nd Half: Manchester United vs Arsenal - Live Commentary

2050: So the teams are out and Chicharito and Cristiano Ronaldo get us under way in this second half, can Arsenal get back into this one.

2053: Arsenal trying to string some passes together Nasri's beginning to get involved more and more as the Gunners try to push forward, but Manchester United don't seem to have been effected by going down to 10 men.

gunners4thetitle on Twitter: "Come on Arsenal, lets get at em, their there for the taking, we need to lift the tempo a touch and get some balls into Chamakh."

2105: GOALFLASH MAN UTD 3 - 0 Arsenal (Chicharito - hat trick)
United goal:
Manchester United work the ball well down the left flank with Nani and Gareth
IMG_0026.jpg

Bale linking up beautifully before they play the ball into Gustavo in the centre of the park, who turns powers a pass to Chicharito who turns smartly and fires a powerful shot past Craig Gordon to make it 3, that's a hat trick for the lad, fantastic player.

2110: Games slowed down a touch now, Arsenal really struggling and look devoid of any confidence it looks all over here at Old Trafford.

2115: Substitutions for both sides with 20 minutes to go, Gareth Bale has taken a knock and Patrice Evra comes on for United. Arsenal replace Alex Song with Scott Dann in defence.

BBC Radio 5 Live Summariser Pat Nevin: "Arsenal really struggling to contain United despite
IMG_0030.jpg

having a numerical advantage, Van Persie seems to be carrying a knock up front for the Gunners but Sam Allardyce is urging him to play on, he really hasn't had the best of games up front the Dutchman."

2120: GOALFLASH MAN UTD 4 - 0 Arsenal (Chicharito)
United goal:
Fantastic performance from the Red Devils here, they grab a fourth goal - scoring
IMG_0026.jpg

three whilst having 10 men, after some great work from Marc Jones who plays a great ball into feet for Chicharito who turns past Scott Dann to score his FOURTH goal of the day, unbelievable scenes here at United.

2123: First yellow card of the day, and it could have been another red, Nani is played through
IMG_0027.jpg

from a magnificent ball from Marc Jones, to be clean through on the edge of the area and is brought down by Andreas Beck, cynical challenge that.

2124: Cristiano Ronaldo steps over the free kick 20 yards out...

2125: Off the post - Ronaldo surprises Arsenal by putting a cross to the far post where there is
IMG_0027-1.jpg

16 year old Sam Merritt who takes a touch and smashes a shot into the post, he had time there to pick his spot, United still pushing.

2127: More substitutes for both sides, Carrick has come on for Gustavo Amaya for United and Eljero Elia comes on for Arsenal to replace a woeful Nasri.

2130: Coming up to injury time here and only a handful of Arsenal fans still in Old Trafford, with United taunting those that are still here.

2131: Should be 5, Chicharito receives a ball from Rafael in space in the box and fires a shot straight at Craig Gordon who can only parry it, but Scott Dann fires the ball into the stands.

2132: Full-time Man Utd 4 - 0 Arsenal
Unbelievable performance from the Red Devils today, down to 10 men on 23 minutes but
IMG_0025.jpg

completely dominated Arsenal for the whole game, very, very comfortable. They really look good for the title after this performance.

Javier 'Chicharito' Hernandez said:
"I am delighted to grab four goals today, with Wayne being sent off, we had to regroup and push on, and I was delighted to get that second goal, that gave us more confidence that we could continue to push on and I felt we did that today. Arsenal played with fear today, I think because we have a good record against them they just couldn't cope with us, we were excellent all over the park and really showed them who's boss and why they should fear us"

16 year old Sam Merritt said:
"I am honoured to be given the opportunity to play in the first team for this magnificent club, with the fantastic players we have I feel that I can develop really well, Vidic has beat tutoring me and I hope that he will for a long time to come. I really cannot wait to be given more opportunities, the way we played today really shows that we can retain the title, and I hope that I can be a part of that, we have Newcastle away on Wednesday and I can't wait to play that game."

Sam Allardyce said:
"We were well beaten today by United, but they are the best team in the league, so we have to move on. I need the players to pick their heads up and focus on the coming matches we are still hoping to gain qualification to the Champions League, and if we go on a good run then we firmly believe that this is achievable."

Statsarsenaltoday.png

11.png

EPL - Match Day 25
Man Utd
680.png
602.png
Arsenal

Chicharito (1, 26, 56, 70)
redcard.png
Wayne Rooney sent off (23)

CHICOTIME.png

MoM: Chicharito (9.8)