United face Swans in FA Cup 5th Round Match
facup.png

Saturday 21st February 2015

linebreak.png

724.png
680.png

SWANSEA VS MAN UTD

linebreak.png

Manchester United are looking forward to travelling to South Wales to face Swansea in the FA Cup 5th Round in a match that is highly anticipated with many people speaking that a potential giant killing could occur with Manchester United expected to name a somewhat youthful side. This match will certainly have a bit of extra meaning for Sir Ryan Giggs, who is a Cardiff City supporter born and bred and will no doubt be aiming to get one over on his boyhood rivals. Manchester United will no doubt fancy their chances are winning consecutive FA Cup titles if they manage to get through this match, with Liverpool already out and plenty of other giant killings in the offering.

Swansea City are currently lying in 12th position in the Championship and since Roberto Martinez left for Wigan several years ago they have struggled to maintain form and a push for promotion. There is no doubt that Swansea will see this as a fantastic opportunity to kick start their season and use a cup run to carry the form into the league. They have already beaten Premier League opposition on their path to reaching the FA Cup 5th Round after defeating Aston Villa in penalties in the replay back at the Liberty Stadium. It has been expected that despite suffering a slight knock in midweek that Kieran Gibbs will be starting as well as young Welsh midfielder Joe Allen on the flanks for Swansea.

680.png
Manchester United injury news: 24 year old Brazilian full back Rafael out for 4 weeks with damaged knee cartilage, suffered in Russia in midweek.

724.png

F Petit

A Rangel - A Williams - A Serran - J Abadie

J Allen - D Pratley (c) - J Richards - K Gibbs

D Succi - L Moore

vs

680.png

I Petric - Boakye

G Bale - M Jones - K Kern - A George

F Coentrao - K Manolas - S Merritt (c) - T Avenel

J Campodonico

Manchester United once again name an extremely youthful squad with an average age of just 20 years old and this is to no part down to the fact that 6 of the starting 11 are still teenagers. There no are no real surprises in the lineup other than Marc Jones and Gareth Bale from the first team are also involved today. Kilian Kern is the man chosen to start alongside Marc Jones in the centre of the park and he certainly looks like he has the potential to become a top class player. At 17 years old, he already has great technique, determination, as well as fantastic off the ball movement. Andy George once again starts on the right side of midfield for United against Swansea and will no doubt be looking forward the challenge that lies ahead.

Sir Ryan Giggs said:
"I've once again named a somewhat youthful side today against Swansea because I feel that it's another great opportunity to give them some experience and what better tournament than the FA Cup to do this. I feel that they can get some vital experience to help hem develop for the future. I've given Marc Jones and Gareth Bale starts today because I feel that it's important to have some experience in the starting lineup and what better than two World Cup winners.

We will of course be going out to win today and win well, the last thing we need is a replay and I think it's going to be important to get on the front foot in this match. I think we have done that quite well over recent matches, getting early goals and being able to build on that. If we can do that again today that'll put us in a great position for the Quarter Finals. (on Boakye) Of course he's involved again, he's been in fantastic form for me recently, he's scored 11 goals in 7 cup matches for us and assisted 3 more, he's really looking the real deal.

Giggs_415-1.jpg

linebreak.png

28228.png

Gareth Bale stars as Swansea brushed aside

680.png

facup.png

FA Cup - 5th Round Match
Swansea
724.png
0 - 3
680.png
Man Utd

Gareth Bale (45, 66), Boakye (56)

Once again a comprehensive victory for Manchester United's youth team today as they brushed aside a resilient Swansea City at the Liberty Stadium in South Wales. The first half saw both teams, fighting for possession with the Red Devils edging it. Marc Jones nearly made an immediate impact firing a powerful shot narrowly wide from outside the area. Moments later Swansea should have been ahead with Luke Moore having a clear cut opportunity but he failed to capitalise. Manchester United were the team finally to break the dead lock and was all down to a fantastic 65 yard pass from Marc Jones that released Andy George down the right flank to play in Boakye who in turn slotted Gareth Bale clean through to fire a shot into an empty net.

balewales.png

Gareth Bale was immense for Manchester United today

With the second half kicking off, it was down to lazy defending from Swansea, who after a long ball forward from United keeper Campodonico Boakye picked up the ball inside the centre circle. Boakye then turned and ran 35 yards into the area to place a neat finish past the Swansea keeper Florent Petit. Manchester United's kids continued to boss the game for long periods and a matter of 10 minutes later Marc Jones played a lovely ball to Gareth Bale who saw a gap and with fantastic acceleration burst through and powered a shot into the back of the net. In the end it was a comfortable victory but it might have been different if Luke Moore had scored the first half opportunity.

facup.png
FA Cup Shock: Birmingham City knock out Arsenal - Burnley knock out Chelsea

Last edited:
Still blowing us all away mate

even if it is against Swansea haha :D

cheers buddy, just playing few more games, and will try get another update today!

---------- Post added at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

United aim to finish month strongly

Wednesday 25th February 2015

680.png

Manchester United who face Burnley in the final Premier League clash of February before the League Cup Final on Sunday 1st March. There is no doubt that the Red Devils will be looking to once again defeat Burnley today after scoring an impressive 10 goals against them in their last clash back in October.

11.png

EPL - Match Day 28
Burnley
622.png
0 - 2
680.png
Man Utd

Marc Jones (33), Cristiano Ronaldo (56)

W Rooney - Chicharito

Nani - G Amaya - M Jones - C Ronaldo

G Bale - J Evans - N Vidic (c) - P Evra

J Campodonico

Ronaldo celebrates after scoring his 41st goal for Manchester United this season
PortovManchesterUnitedUEFAChampionsLeague-hB5wRwL2qdl.jpg

MoM: Marc Jones (8.3)

Manchester United enjoyed near domination over Burnley today, with the scoreline really not reflecting the level of control that Manchester United had over the game. It was after half an hour that the deadline was finally broken and it was down to some great interplay between Marc Jones and Cristiano Ronaldo with the latter working the ball very well down the right flank getting to the byline before drawing the ball back for Marc Jones to fire a wonderful curling effort from outside the area. Manchester United continued to push forward and pressure the Burnley defence creating a number of opportunities but with only 4 shots on target in the entire match it was easy to see why the Red Devils struggled to score. The final goal came in the 56th minute after a wonderful cross from Gustavo Amaya fell to Cristiano Ronaldo to fire it in at the far post. Incredibly comfortable but not prolific from the Red Devils today.

Sir Ryan Giggs said:
"It was a tough game today against Burnley, they really did restrict us to few opportunities and when we did have them we failed to capitalise, but never the less I am delighted with the performance and to still be unbeaten in the league is a great feat. I feel that if we get another 20 points from our remaining 10 fixtures the Premier League title will be ours.

(on Carling Cup) I really am looking forward to the challenge of Blackpool, Peter Reid has got them playing some great stuff, and made them more solid defensively. Having beaten Liverpool it certainly shows that they have something about them we are prepared for the challenge."

Giggs_415-1.jpg

Just finished reading from start to finish :P EXTREMELY enjoyable :)

I LOVE THIS STORY :wub:

Enjoying this read? understatement id say! :) i could re read it from the start, i wont cuz i have other things to do lol :) but its really impressive the way your write the updates and the detail :) kiu buddy!

Just finished reading from start to finish :P EXTREMELY enjoyable :)

I LOVE THIS STORY :wub:

Cheers buddy will do another update after 10 :)

---------- Post added at 02:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 AM ----------

Enjoying this read? understatement id say! :) i could re read it from the start, i wont cuz i have other things to do lol :) but its really impressive the way your write the updates and the detail :) kiu buddy!

Thanks again mate, will try to get more updates later :)

good man :) not sure how long im on tonight, so tired, but will have update galore tomorrow evening :) just done a couple now :) got to do two more games tonight, take a peak :D

United to look March Fixtures

Sunday 1st March 2015

680.png

With Manchester United through to the Quarter Final of the FA Cup and looking to face Blackpool in the League Cup Final it certainly looks like an exciting month ahead for the Red Devils. Still playing in four competitions Manchester United could find themselves winning an unprecedented seven trophies this year having already secured three in the trophy cabinet being the Community Shield, European Super Cup and the Club World Championship. In Sir Ryan Giggs' second season Manchester United look like they could go on and dominate English and European for along time with the way they've been playing. With United already looking like they've qualified for the Champions League Quarter Final in the bag after winning the first leg 4 - 1 in Russia.

680.png
March Fixtures

carling.png
1.3.2015 -
613.png
Blackpool (Neutral)
11.png
7.3.2015 -
708.png
Sheff Utd (Home)
1301394.png
11.3.2015 -
1529.png
Sptk Moscow (Home)
11.png
21.3.2015 -
740.png
Wolves (Away)

801-1.png
March Fixtures

100100-1.png
28.3.2015 -
132.png
Qatar (Away)

Manchester United only have 4 fixtures dated in March so far with the draw for the Quarter Finals yet to be made, as there are still 2 replay's to take into account. So Manchester United face Blackpool in the first game of March in the League Cup Final, a match that United will be looking to win incredibly their 4th trophy of the season. With the Premier League already won with Manchester United an incredible 21 points ahead of their closest rivals Manchester City lying in second place with 61 points.

Premier League Table
Tableinmarch.png

Sir Ryan on March
808e9378926845c68205f16dac7dc24d-1-1.jpg

Sir Ryan Giggs said:
"This is certainly going to be an exciting month for us, we have the opportunity to win a trophy at Wembley and that will no doubt be a fantastic occasion. With just two Premier League games to contend with we are looking forward to pushing our way forward to the trophy once again. I feel that once we get to 90 points that we will win the title but we won't take our foot off the gas, our aim is to win every match that we go into and I don't see any need in changing that if we cannot be caught."

104 GD?! thats insane! Only gonna increase over this month, nice and easy chance to test some youth players :)

Brilliant updates last few days buddy....:-) You're thrashing all of them all over....:-) Kiu!

104 GD?! thats insane! Only gonna increase over this month, nice and easy chance to test some youth players :)

Haha indeed, works out at nearly 4 goals a game, not bad and got Sheff Utd who have been conceding goals for fun so should get a few there! :)

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------

you've got the league all wrapped up mate

Yeh deffo, the competitors have been losing all over the place this season, Chelsea were bang on form for the first 15 games but went to pot after that!

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

Brilliant updates last few days buddy....:-) You're thrashing all of them all over....:-) Kiu!

Haha only got 2 of the top teams to play as well for the rest of the season! So might get a few more!

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

United face Blackpool in League Cup Final
carling.png

Sunday 1st March 2015

linebreak.png

613.png
680.png

BLACKPOOL VS MANCHESTER UNITED

linebreak.png

Manchester United are looking forward to facing Championship side Blackpool in the League Cup Final in a match that many people have been looking forward to with great anticipation with Blackpool earning the name the 'Giantkillers' after defeating Everton, Arsenal and Liverpool on their path to the final. With many pundits speaking about this being another prime example of a giant killing if Sir Ryan Giggs once again names a youthful side in this competition. Manchester United however will no doubt fancy their chances today at ending the fairytale story that is Blackpool's League Cup run as they aim to win their 4th trophy of the season.

Blackpool are currently lying in 8th position in the Championship and are once again attempting to push for Promotion back to the Premier League. Under Peter Reid Blackpool play a more defensive style of football than under the charismatic Ian Holloway but no doubt it has proved successful for them in this competition as they prepare for face the best team in the Premier League and most likely Europe. With Blackpool already defeating Everton, Arsenal and Liverpool on their journey to the Final it's sure that there certainly won't be any fear from Tangerines. Blackpool have a fully fit squad ahead of the clash with Manchester United and will no doubt fancy their chances at a giant killing.

613.png

Jacobo

Rui Duarte - I Evatt - Z Zhelev - A Ghomsy

C Basham

G Taylor-Fletcher - A Gashi - K Southern (c) - D Tiberi

C Msowoya

vs

680.png

D Berbatov - Boakye

C Ronaldo - K Kern - A King - A Valencia

F Coentrao - C Smalling - S Merritt (c) - T Avenel

J Campodonico

Manchester United today name a mixture of youth and experience as they prepare for the League Cup Clash with Blackpool. The main surprise inclusion is a certain Cristiano Ronaldo who starts in a left wing position for the Red Devils, many people expected Gareth Bale to come in once again after scoring 2 goals in Manchester United's FA Cup clash with Swansea. Elsewhere they are no surprises with Dimitar Berbatov partnering Boakye who has been in sensational form for the Red Devils and will no doubt be hoping to once again score in a cup competition for his side. In midfield Andy King comes in alongside youthful Kilian Kern in the engine room.

Sir Ryan Giggs said:
"I feel that today we need a bit of experience and steel alongside the youthful players, I want them to know what it's like to win a competition. Cristiano comes in on the left flank because I feel that he will really be able to cause them some problems down that side of the pitch. I also feel that it's important for Dimitar to come in up front because we need some experience and there is no one better at being holding up the ball and bringing others into play.

I want the team to go out today and show everyone what we can do in this competition, that our youth team is to be reckoned with, Boakye starts up front again and I am looking forward to seeing the boy in action, he's been in frankly unbelievable form so far this season and no doubt next season I am going to be having selection problems up front with the amount of quality I have in all these positions. I feel that if we can get a win in this game then it will be a fantastic day for the club and the players involved but we will be taking Blackpool seriously as we've already seen what's happened to teams that haven't."

Giggs_415-1.jpg

linebreak.png

28228.png

Boakye stars as United lift League Cup

680.png

carling.png

League Cup - Final Match
Blackpool
613.png
0 - 4
680.png
Man Utd

Chris Smalling (30), Boakye (50, 71), Cristiano Ronaldo (90)

There was no surprise giant killing today as it was a comprehensive victory for Manchester United's relatively young side today as they brushed aside a resilient Blackpool in the League Cup Final. As expected it was Manchester United who got off to the better start playing a high line and not allowing Blackpool to get into the game, however it did take until the 30th minute to finally break the deadlock and it came from an unlikely source. Chris Smalling who pounced on a free ball in the area to smash his shot into the roof of the Blackpool net. The Tangerines continued to push on and attempt to get back into the game but went down the tunnel at half time with the score at 1 - 0 to United.

JCampbellBlackpoolvManchesterUnitedPremieritNxd8_-HuBl.jpg

Chris Smalling was in top form for United today

With the second half kicking off Manchester United didn't have to wait long before grabbing their second of the day after executing a fantastic counter attacking move with Antonio Valencia running from his own half down the right flank before crossing for 22 year old Boakye to head in at the near post. The third United goal came after more sustained pressure from the Red Devils with Cristiano Ronaldo turning provider for Boakye to fire in his second of the day from close range. The rout was finally completed in the 90th minute with Manchester United's Cristiano Ronaldo grabbing a close range finish thanks to some excellent work from Wales' Andy King.

This story is great at first I dint get it but know it is one of the best story's on the site.

United to look to FA Cup Quarter Final Draw
facup.png

Wednesday 4th March 2015

Eight teams are waiting in great anticipation of the FA Cup Quarter Final draw knowing that this could determine whether they will face the likes of Manchester United or the final Championship side in the competition Ipswich Town. Manchester United will no doubt be the out and out favourites to win the FA Cup and will be aiming to lift the FA Cup for only the third time ever and the first time for 129 years, when Blackburn Rovers completed an incredible 3 FA Cup successes in a row. So here are the final 8 teams that are involved in the FA Cup Quarter Final Draw.

facup.png

Quarter Final Teams

609.png
Birmingham
614.png
Bolton
622.png
Burnley
667.png
Ipswich
679.png
Man City
680.png
Man Utd
722.png
Sunderland
728.png
Tottenham

Looking at the eight remaining teams in the competition many people will fancy the two Manchester clubs as the favourites with Tottenham Hotspur coming in just behind them. There is no doubt that all the teams involved will be looking to continue with their great form in the competition and go on and lift the trophy.

facup.png

Quarter Final Draw

Tottenham
728.png
vs
679.png
Man City
Birmingham
609.png
vs
614.png
Bolton
Ipswich
667.png
vs
680.png
Man Utd
Burnley
622.png
vs
722.png
Sunderland

Manchester United will no doubt fancy their chances seeing the draw for the Quarter Final facing Championship outfit Ipswich. Who in turn will relish the opportunity of playing the best team in the country at Portman Road. The mouth watering tie is certainly the one happening in London with Tottenham facing Manchester City in a tight affair that will see two of the tournament favourites facing each other at White Hart Lane.

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

This story is great at first I dint get it but know it is one of the best story's on the site.

Cheers buddy :) appreciate the comments

This is still by far the very best story I have ever read on this site. I don't think any other story can match the amount of thought and detail you put into every update. I commend you on your brilliant imagination... even if you do have alot of time on your hands...;)lol

This is still by far the very best story I have ever read on this site. I don't think any other story can match the amount of thought and detail you put into every update. I commend you on your brilliant imagination... even if you do have alot of time on your hands...;)lol

Haha yeh think I should focus more on Uni work but there we go!!! :D

cheers for comments buddy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back