Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking fantastic buddy! good win against Sheff united! and in champions league!Wolves nearly slipped you up though! and fantastic win by Wales over Qatar! keep this up bud :)

Yeh I can sense that the team is starting to misfire though, despite still grinding out victories, hope can maintain it till the end of the season!

---------- Post added at 03:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 AM ----------

United look to April Fixtures

Wednesday 1st April 2015

680.png

Manchester United once again are battling on all fronts at the business end of the season having already secured four trophies so far this season and are on the verge of securing Premier League success for the second season consecutively under Sir Ryan Giggs. After despatching Spartak Moscow in the Champions League scoring an incredible 10 goals in the two ties really putting down a gauntlet to the other teams in the competition saying, 'beat that'. There is no doubt that United fancy their chances in all of the competitions that are remaining.

680.png
April Fixtures

11.png
4.4.2015 -
603.png
Aston Villa (Home)
1301394.png
7.4.2015 -
1664.png
At. Madrid (Home)
11.png
11.4.2015 -
650.png
Everton (Away)
1301394.png
14.4.2015 -
1664.png
At. Madrid (Away)
facup.png
18.4.2015 -
722.png
Sunderland (Neutral)
11.png
22.4.2015 -
679.png
Man City (Home)
11.png
25.4.2015 -
728.png
Tottenham (Away)

With a busy April ahead and some tough fixtures it's no doubt going to be incredibly important that Manchester United keep their first team players fit and ready to play. Manchester United are also no doubt looking forward to facing Sunderland at Wembley in the FA Cup Semi Final match that is the penultimate challenge before they get the opportunity to once again lift the wonderful domestic cup.

Blimey, lucky against Wolves :)

I love it when you post your updates, its like the money shot

Blimey, lucky against Wolves :)

I love it when you post your updates, its like the money shot

Haha :) well I do my best!! Yeh that was really lucky they played so well!! Gareth Southgate is their manager now, a manager who I really rate (in real life) obviously!!

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 AM ----------

Early April Results

Wednesday 1st April 2015

680.png

With the end of the season getting ever closer and Manchester United fighting on three fronts, in the FA Cup, Champions League and Premier League. It is now going to be imperative that the squad remain fit as

11.png

EPL - Match Day 31
Man Utd
680.png
603.png
Aston Villa

Nani (11, 47), Marc Jones (68) - Gabby Agbonlahor (85)

W Rooney - Chicharito

Nani - G Amaya - M Jones - C Ronaldo

G Bale - J Evans - S Merritt (c) - Rafael

J Campodonico

6ca763a1172d6b5e03e82591ec9b-grande.jpg

MoM: Nani (9.2)

Manchester United limped through a game against Aston Villa winning 3 - 1 thanks to a wonderful brace from Portuguese sensation Nani. The scoring was opened in the 11th minute when Nani scored a curling effort from just inside the penalty area on the left flank. Manchester United fans will be delighted with this and over the moon with the fantastic effort that it was. Marc Jones turned provider for Nani's second putting a wonderful cross to the far post for the Portuguese winger to smash in a close range effort with the keeper standing no chance. Marc Jones capped his midfield master class with a left foot thunderbolt from 35 yards that left the keeper wondering how that went in. Aston Villa did manage to get a consolation goal in the 88th minute after some great work from Paolo Zabaleta who put the cross in for Gabby Agbonlahor who scored a close range finish.

1301394.png

UEFA Champions League - Quarter Final 1st Leg
Man Utd
680.png
1664.png
At. Madrid

Chicharito (12), Sam Merritt (47), Cristiano Ronaldo (57), Wayne Rooney (73) - Tinga (54)

W Rooney - Chicharito

G Bale - J Evans - S Merritt (c) - Rafael

J Campodonico

55ea1aaf5d411ef7bb85349cc5d7_grande.jpg

MoM: Wayne Rooney (8.9)

Manchester United put in a performance from the top drawer to put Athletico Madrid into alot of pressure ahead of the second leg in Spain. This was in no part down to a fantastic performance from Wayne Rooney who scored 1 and assisted 2 more of United's goals. It was the Mexican sniper who scored the first goal of the game after being slotted clean through after a wonderful pass from the tireless Wayne Rooney. The second goal was a wonderful bullet header from Sam Merritt who scored his first Champions League goal after a great corner from Marc Jones. Athletico's Tinga did however grab a possible vital away goal, after scoring a close range finish from a corner kick. Wayne Rooney once again provided a goal for United after a wonderful cross to the 6 yard box with Cristiano Ronaldo heading in from close range to make it 3 - 1. The tireless English striker then capped his masterful performance with a goal in the 73rd minute after Marc Jones played a wonderful through ball.

11.png

EPL - Match Day 32
Everton
650.png
1 - 2
680.png
Man Utd

Jamie O'Hara (58) - Chicharito (47), Boakye (81)

W Rooney - Chicharito

G Bale - J Evans - S Merritt (c) - P Evra

J Campodonico

CHICOTIME.png

MoM: Chicharito (8.7)

Manchester United laboured to victory today against an extremely resilient Everton side led by ex Chelsea player Dennis Wise. Despite seeing more of the ball and creating a number of clear cut chances it wasn't until the second half that Manchester United finally got the breakthrough when Chicharito scored a fantastic finish in the 47th minute. Both sets of fans expected Manchester United to kick on and score more but that wasn't the case with Jamie O'Hara scored a neat finish in the 58th minute after a mistake from United's Jonny Evans. It looked like the game was going to peter out at a 1 - 1 draw and Sir Ryan Giggs looked at his bench and called up the 22 year old Boakye with the instruction.

Sir Ryan Giggs said:
'win me the game'

That was what the young Ghanaian did as just 30 seconds after coming onto the pitch, Boakye made a neat run to be found by the pass from Chicharito to fire a powerful shot in past Tim Howard. The United fans were overjoyed with Boakye's name being chanted by the away fans. Whilst the Everton fans looked distraught after their team had put in a fantastic defensive display against the Red Devils, they felt they deserved more from today's match.

1301394.png

UEFA Champions League - Quarter Final 2nd Leg
At. Madrid
1664.png
2 (3) - (7) 3
680.png
Man Utd

Sergio Aguero (14), Tinga (34) - Chicharito (1, 33), Cristiano Ronaldo (37)

W Rooney - Chicharito

G Bale - J Evans - S Merritt (c) - P Evra

J Campodonico

Chicharito-celebro-su-gol-con-mucha-euforia-junto-a-Rooney_bigphoto_homearticle.jpg

MoM: Chicharito (8.8)

In a lively first half it was Manchester United that came out on top. That was in no part down to a fantastic performance from Chicharito who opened the scoring in just the 14th second of the game after being played clean through by Wayne Rooney. It was a lovely one touch passing move that resulted in Athletico's first goal when Sergio Aguero fired a powerful shot past Jose Campodonico. The game continued to be incredibly close with both sides pushing for more goals and we were about to have a four minute flurry. Firstly Chicharito fired a powerful close range effort thanks to a cross from Cristiano Ronaldo, less than 1 minute later that man Tinga popped up to make it 2 in 2 against United after scoring a real poachers effort from inside the area. The final goal of the game came in the 37th minute with Cristiano Ronaldo scoring a neat strike from just inside the area after some great work down the left flank from Nani.

With the victory in the bag the teams are looking forward to facing the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona or Lyon.

linebreak.png

Champions League Quarter Final Results

Thursday 12th March 2015

1301394.png

Before the draw for the Semi Final it's time to look at the Quarter Final results, where Manchester United brushed aside Athletico Madrid, with some excellent performances. With once again three representatives from La Liga left in the Semi Final there are many people believing that it is going to be a fantastic end to the Champions League with Manchester United the final team representing the Premier League.

Quarter Final Results

St. Rennais
884.png
(3) 0 - 0 (3) (a)
1777.png
Villareal
Barcelona
1708.png
(3) 1 - 1 (1)
961.png
Wolfsburg
Real Madrid
1736.png
(4) 2 - 1 (1)
865.png
Olympic Lyon
Man Utd
680.png
(7) 3 - 2 (3)
1664.png
At. Madrid

Manchester United will no doubt be hoping for a draw against Villarreal to enhance their chances against of gaining an unprecedented consecutive Champions League titles.

only english team left in the champions league! :( gutting mate! :) but you should win that :D nice results and great read yet again! chicharito looks awesome again! and another nani double!! :) keep up the work my friend :) look over to mine :D

only english team left in the champions league! :( gutting mate! :) but you should win that :D nice results and great read yet again! chicharito looks awesome again! and another nani double!! :) keep up the work my friend :) look over to mine :D

Will do buddy, just doing Semi Final update :) FA Cup that is, yeh Chicharito is awesome, and Nani has been godly for me, and so versatile can play on both flanks easy!!

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 PM ----------

United face Sunderland in FA Cup Semi Final Match
facup.png

Saturday 18th April 2015

linebreak.png

680.png
722.png

MAN UTD VS SUNDERLAND

linebreak.png

Manchester United have been looking forward to this FA Cup Semi Final Match where they are facing a Sunderland side that have been in fantastic form in both the league and cups. There is a belief that Manchester United won't be able to get away with naming a youthful side against the like of Sunderland who under Eddie Howe have been pulling up tree's and are looking an extremely effective unit. Manchester United will finally have Nemanja Vidic after returning from his suspension after receiving his second red card of the season. He is likely to come straight into the squad after having a couple of weeks rest.

Sunderland have been pulling up tree's in the Premier League and are currently lying in and incredible 6th position, where it looks like they will be fighting the likes to Arsenal and Liverpool for a 5th position place. Eddie Howe has prided his team in being tight defensively and scoring the odd goal and this shows in the league with the team having only scored 45 goals in 33 matches. Ahead of the FA Cup Clash, Eddie Howe had spoken about how he believed that if the side could win this Semi Final then they would have done half the job for winning the competition describing Manchester United as 'magnificent' after talking about their form in both domestic and European competitions.

680.png

J Campodonico

P Evra - N Vidic (c) - S Merritt - F Coentrao

C Ronaldo - M Jones - D Beckham - J Vargas

Boakye - W Rooney

vs

722.png

S Fletcher

M Olsson - L Cattermole (c) - H Lansbury - R Beerens

E Capoue

L Wallace - T Bramble - M Turner - N Onuoha

S Mignolet

Sir Ryan Giggs has once again named a side that contains both experience and youth, with Nemanja Vidic coming back from suspension as well as David Beckham and Wayne Rooney staying in the side. Cristiano Ronaldo also starts on the right flank as United look for a strong performance to qualify for that final. There is no doubt that both sides will be looking forward to walking out onto the Wembley Pitch and fighting for the right to return in May to play for the FA Cup Trophy.

Sir Ryan Giggs said:
"Eddie has done a fantastic job for Sunderland since Steve Bruce left to manage England. He has got some playing some great football and they are very tight defensively, we are expecting a tough match today and I think that shows with the team that I've chosen today. It's going to be important to have a mixture of experience and youth so that players can develop as well as help keep their composure thanks to the more experienced heads in the line up."

Giggs_415-1.jpg

linebreak.png

Sky_Sports-1.png

Rooney stars as Sunderland defeated in tight affair

680.png

facup.png

FA Cup - Semi Final Match
Man Utd
680.png
722.png
Sunderland

Wayne Rooney (44), Boakye (60)

waynerooney3.jpg

Wayne Rooney was in a fantastic performance for United as Sunderland were defeated

Manchester United were by far the better team today against a Sunderland side that put up a fantastic fight. Despite only having 2 shots on target in the match Steven Fletcher really should have put Sunderland into the lead in just the 3rd minute of the game after being played clean through by the tenacious Lee Cattermole to fire the ball straight into the body of Campodonico. With the game looking like it was going to end at half time at 0 - 0 it was Wayne Rooney who popped up to give United the lead on 44 minutes with an audacious lob from outside the box after being played clean through from none other than David Beckham. The second goal was an incredible effort from the 22 year old Ghanaian who after receiving the ball from Wayne Rooney moved out to the right flank and put in a cross/shot that went in off the post to secure the Red Devils' qualification to the FA Cup Final.

YouTube - Man Utd vs Sunderland - Boakye Goal 60th minute

facup.png

Other Result

Birmingham City
609.png
1 - 0
679.png
Manchester City

A shock result in the FA Cup Semi Final as Birmingham City put in a fantastic back to the walls display that saw the Midlands side knock out Manchester City to stop a consecutive Manchester derby FA Cup Final.

Last edited:
And against Brum, so should be able to get something out of that game :)

Haha I guess, but I don't want to gamble because if I lose that'd be gutting lol!! What you think of Boakye's lucky goal lol!

Haha I guess, but I don't want to gamble because if I lose that'd be gutting lol!! What you think of Boakye's lucky goal lol!

Flaming amazing finish! :) top class! new Beckham ;)

Flaming amazing finish! :) top class! new Beckham ;)

Haha was brilliant, just doing my Manchester derby update now :)

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

United face City in Manchester Derby

Wednesday 22nd April 2015

Sky_Sports-1.png

linebreak.png

11-2.png

linebreak.png

680.png
679.png

MANCHESTER UNITED VS MANCHESTER CITY

Teamsheet-1.png

linebreak.png

Live from Old Trafford

oldtraffordlarge2-1.jpg

Good afternoon, I'm Jeff Stelling and welcome to Sky Sports for this midweek Football Special coverage of none other than the Manchester Derby, between Sir Ryan Giggs' Manchester United and Carlo Ancelotti's Manchester City at Old Trafford today. There are already chants ringing around this magnificent stadium as fans look forward with great anticipation ahead of the clash today.

I'm joined here by Jamie Redknapp, Ray Wilkins and ex Manchester United striker Dwight Yorke, we will be looking at the coming game and what chances bot teams have ahead of the match, under Carlo Ancelotti Manchester City currently lye in second position in the table 6 points clear of his old team Chelsea in third place, he will no doubt be looking to get one over Manchester United for the fans and also to guarantee his team the second position in the league. Despite lying on 73 points in second place Manchester City are still an incredible 21 points behind top placed Manchester United on 94 points in the Premier League. Ahead of the match Carlo Ancelotti spoke to Geoff Shreeves about his time at Manchester City and his teams chances today against United.

carlo-ancelotti.jpg

Carlo Ancelotti said:
"I am delighted to be given the opportunity to manage Manchester City they are a great club and it is my job to bring success to this club. Yes, we have spent alot of money but Rome wasn't built in a day and I feel that now with us out of the FA Cup, it is important for us to finish high in the League and win the Europa League. We have been playing good football this season and I feel that the fans are right behind me and the team, and today we want to show Manchester United what we can do. It is no doubt going to be a lively affair with tackles flying in and I have made it clear for the players that it's incredibly important for the players to keep their focus on the job in hand."

Manchester City and Carlo Ancelotti have certainly come on leaps and bounds so far this season and will no doubt be hoping to get a good win against their fiercest rivals Manchester United at Old Trafford today. They have been playing some great attacking football throughout the season and until their defeat against Birmingham in the FA Cup they were on a run of 1 defeat in 21 matches. They will no doubt be hoping to bounce back and put in a strong performance against United, Jamie what do you make of both teams chances today then?

Jamie-Redknapp-001.jpg

I certainly think that City will have their hands full today, although Manchester United have been somewhat shaky in recent weeks conceding a few more goals than normal I just think with Vidic back in the squad Rafael back from injury that they have the strength throughout the squad to overwhelm City today. The line up is as we expected from Manchester United and is a side that will no doubt make defences all over the world shake in fear at the sight of them. I really think that this strike force can score goals against any team in the world as has been shown so far under Sir Ryan with his team scoring in every one of his 121 matches for Manchester United.

I really think that Manchester City are going to have to keep it tight against United, if they concede an early goal that could be catastrophic for them. I think it's going to be try to weather the storm and then push on for a goal, they have plenty of pace and ability to get a result today it's just whether the players can get back up after the disappointing defeat to Birmingham in the weekend.

linebreak.png

679.png

Manchester City Lineup:

CityLineup.png

Subs: M Dreyer, J Gamez, S Magri, D Silva, R Lukaku, G Cunningham, C Coady

linebreak.png

Manchester City line up in an attacking 4 - 3 - 3 lineup which shows that they are no doubt going to be trying to attack Manchester United today. Ray what do you think of Carlo's choice for City's lineup?

d56205949bns-007jpg.jpg

Strong, strong team they've got there, very attacking line up, fantastic players in the engine room, only question is their defence with Otamendi and Kjaer in at centre backs I'm not sure if I believe that they will be able to keep a clean sheet against United today, so there is no doubt that they will have to go for it and try to out score United today, which is always a dangerous feat. No one has achieved it yet under Sir Ryan so I think that City will have to do extremely well and have performances from all their top players to get anything out of this game. My prediction has to be a United win, 3 - 2 because their defence has been a bit shaky as of late, although Vidic has returned and has been a big miss.

linebreak.png

680.png

Manchester United Lineup:

Unitedvspool.png

Subs: Boakye, D Beckham, A King, S Merritt, Anderson, F Coentrao, D Berbatov

linebreak.png

So as expected Manchester United line up in their attacking 4 - 4 - 2 formation which shows that they are continuing to push forward and really take the game to Manchester City today. Vidic comes back in at centre back to replace the youthful Sam Merritt. With the Premier League already in the bag there is no doubt that Manchester United are just playing for pride now and looking forward to going a second season unbeaten and what better way to slam that gauntlet down than to defeat Manchester City today. Dwight do you think United can win this game today?

90744947-1.jpg

I have no doubts in my mind that Manchester United will beat Manchester City today, I just feel the resilience and strength of this squad will be looking at putting one over City today. I mean the performances haven't been the best of late with late winners needed against Everton and Wolves but never the less those late goals did come and with this United team I just feel that they have so much strength and really believe that City don't stand a chance. My prediction 3 - 0 United.

Certainly confident there Dwight, right here's Sir Ryan Giggs' thoughts ahead of the Manchester Derby.

808e9378926845c68205f16dac7dc24d-1-1.jpg

Sir Ryan Giggs said:
"This game is always a fantastic occasion, there is already an incredible atmosphere in the stadium with fans of both teams looking forward for the game to kick off. Of course I have confidence in my side, I have dismissed Manchester City's chances this season and our strong performances have again shown that we are a superior team to the Blue half of Manchester. They come here with an attacking line up and I think that will turn out to be a mistake for them, with Nemanja back at the heart of our defence I just feel that they will not be able to break through, it's going to be a fantastic occasion and the players are fired up and ready for the challenge."

Before we cross over to the commentary team let's take a look at the analysts' predictions, and will be back with some half time reaction with the Sky Sports pundits.

Jamie Redknapp: United 2 - 1

Ray Wilkins: United 3 - 2

Dwight Yorke: United 3 - 0

So a full house in expectation that Manchester United can win this game today.

linebreak.png

Sky_Sports-1.png

1st Half: Manchester United vs Manchester City - Live Commentary

1940: Hello and welcome to Sky Sports coverage of this highly anticipated match between Manchester United and Manchester City at Old Trafford. We're here waiting for the kick off, the teams are out and the fanfare song is ringing around this fantastic stadium. Manchester City players do look a touch nervous ahead of kick off today, hoping that they can get something out of the game.

1943: With Nemanja Vidic back at the heart of defence for Manchester United, City will no doubt be hoping that he lacks a bit of match fitness ahead of the clash.

1946: Edin Dzeko and Jordan Henderson get us under way here at Old Trafford and a massive cheer rings out from the home fans as the ball is kicked straight to an offside Hulk.

1948: Just 3 minutes in and United are already pressing a narrow shot goes just over the bar from a Marc Jones shot who leaves Yaya Toure like he wasn't there.

1952: Manchester United are enjoying prolonged possession at the early stages of the half with just Edin Dzeko outside of the City half. Certainly looks like the visitors are going to try and hold United off for the time being.

1955: Looks like we have an injury to Manchester United's Nani who went down hard on after a challenge from Yaya Toure.

art.jpg

1956: Not looking good for the Portuguese winger, he's being stretchered off and looks like Fabio Coentrao is warming up on the touchline. This all looks quite serious he's got a neck brace and the physio's are taking their time.

1958: Fabio Coentrao comes on for the injured Nani with the United fans clapping as the winger is carried down the tunnel on a stretcher. Shame that Nani has been in incredible form for United so far this campaign.

BBC Sport's Phil McNulty at Old Trafford: "That looked nasty really went down hard on his back after being charged into whilst jumping for a header from Yaya Toure, there was no malice in the challenge but that's ended his day and potentially his season."

2000: Close for United Cristiano Ronaldo takes a free kick from 25 yards out and the shot takes a massive deflection but Joe Hart managed to adjust his feet and collect the ball expertly - great goalkeeping from the England No. 1.

IMG_0027.jpg
2002: First yellow card of the day and it's gone to Manchester City Captain Simon Kjaer who goes in hard on the back of Chicharito, definitely a yellow card that.

IMG_0027-1.jpg
2004: United pushing further and further on, with Gustavo Amaya unleashing a pile driver from the edge of the area that career's off the Manchester City bar with Joe Hart well beaten - United getting closer and closer.

IMG_0026.jpg
2006: GOALFLASH MAN UTD 1 - 0 Man City (Amaya)
United goal:
Talk of the devil, Fabio Coentrao the United substitute has been fantastic at getting forward since coming on and he plays the ball back to that man again Gustavo Amaya who unleashes another thunder bolt straight into the back of the Manchester CIty net - what a strike!

IMG_0026.jpg
2008: GOALFLASH MAN UTD 2 - 0 Man City (Chicharito)
United goal:
Heartbreak for City, within 2 minutes their 2 down and after their first meaningful attack Jose Campodonico collects the ball well before playing the ball to Fabio Coentrao, who in turn plays a fantastic ball over the top for Wayne Rooney who continues running down the left to drill a great cross for the sniper him self Chicharito to take the ball around the keeper to fire in United's second. Early stages of capitulation here from City.

2010: Time to get our breath back after a frantic 5 minutes there, hitting the bar and scoring twice United are well on top and look like they could run away with this game.

IMG_0030.jpg
BBC Radio 5 Live Analyst Pat Nevin: "Well Manchester City have no right to be happy with the way they've performed so far, they haven't really got close enough to the United players. Captain Simon Kjaer tried to encourage his team to do so when he went in hard on Chicharito but it's looking increasingly like a very bad day for City.

2013: Again close from United, Marc Jones plays a fantastic free kick into the box for Jonny Evans to head to the back post and Vidic's header is cleared off the line by Leighton Baines of all people. Living well and truly on the edge here City.

2015: United running riot against City, Coentrao again works the ball down the left flank before putting a wonderful cross in for Wayne Rooney to fire into the side netting should have done better there.

IMG_0026.jpg
2018: GOALFLASH MAN UTD 3 - 0 Man City (Bale)
United goal:
Fantastic play from United, again down the left flank, interplay between Fabio Coentrao who plays the ball to Rooney who in turn unleashes a wonderful ball through the middle for Gareth Bale to run clear and fire a powerful shot past Joe Hart, could this be game over so early into this match.

giggsisgod on Twitter: "Bale there showing how effective he can be at left wing rather than left back."
Agree but with Nani on the left it's hard to leave out either so I guess it's a compromise to play them both

IMG_0027.jpg
2022: Second yellow of he day and it's for City's other centre back Nicolas Otamendi. It could be a red and possibly should be a red, Wayne Rooney is played clean through by Chicharito and is taken down from a harsh challenge with Chygrynskyi adjudged to be providing support. Touch and go that one.

IMG_0028.jpg
2024: Man Utd red card (Rafael)
United red card:
Just back from injury Rafael puts in a terrible two footed challenge in on winger Eden Hazard resulting in a red card for the youngster. Could this spell a turn around in this game.

2026: Substitution for United, Chicharito comes off and Sam Merritt comes on to be the replacement on the right side of United defence. Two forced substitutions for United already.

rafaelnewcafu on Twitter: "Terrible challenge from the defender there, red card completely deserved, but we're still 2 up, COME ON UNITED!!"

IMG_0027.jpg
2030: Jordan Henderson picks up a yellow as this game begins to get feisty after bringing down Marc Jones who was just about to unleash a shot, very cynical that.

IMG_0029.jpg
2032: Half-time Man Utd 3 - 0 Man City
BBC Sport's Phil McNulty at Old Trafford:
"Half time here at Old Trafford and United are comfortable, since going down to 10 men they have shuffled things around and are still looking relatively secure defensively."

linebreak.png

Sky_Sports-1.png

Half Time Analysis

15157930.jpg

What a first half we had there, 3 goals, a red card and three yellows, plenty of talking points there, Jamie what do you make of City failing to turn up so far?

Jamie Redknapp: said:
"Well Jeff, I have to say I am shocked with their starting lineup I expected so much more from Carlo Ancelotti's side they've come out and looked like a rabbit in headlights. The first half has passed them by and they just do not look dangerous. Despite having 10 men for the last 13 minutes of the first half Manchester United looked completely comfortable in defence. Vidic has put in a fantastic shift so far, and what about Coentrao talk about impact sub, he's been unbelievable down that left flank since coming on, him and Bale have a fantastic understanding."

Cheers Jamie, Ray what do you make of the Nani injury it looks fairly nasty you have heard some new information regarding the injury.

Ray Wilkins said:
"It was a cynical foul watching it back on the replay, Yaya knew he was there and backed into him as he jumped, and he's come down hard on his back it looks like from early signs that he is going to be out for around 3 to 4 weeks. No doubt going to be a massive loss for Manchester United in the business end of the season that we are in at the moment."

We have just heard from our touchline reporter that Sir Ryan Giggs is with him and is about to talk about the first half performance.

808e9378926845c68205f16dac7dc24d-1-1.jpg

Sir Ryan Giggs said:
"It was a strong performance first half from us. We need to maintain the high pressure and look add another goal if we can. We have slightly adjusted the way we play with Wayne up by himself but other than that it's all the same, Sam is at right back and has been solid so far, he's a fantastically versatile player who doesn't look out of place at all. We will continue playing our passing football and look to retain possession as much as possible to keep it away from them."

Right that's all for our half time analysis, time to cross over back to our live commentary.

linebreak.png

Sky_Sports-1.png

2nd Half: Manchester United vs Manchester City - Live Commentary

2045: Teams are back out and it's looking like we're about to kick off, no changes for either side this has been a fantastic game so far, just a matter of whether both teams can keep it up.

2048: Cristiano Ronaldo and Wayne Rooney get us under way at Old Trafford with a massive cheer going out with the United fans asking for more from the Red Devils.

2053: Cynical and no booking - shocking decision, Gareth Bale is about to be clean through down the left flank with Chygrynskyki taking him down unfairly and the ref just warns the Ukrainian.

IMG_0027.jpg
2055: Here is our first booking of the half with Nemanja Vidic picking up a yellow for going in hard on City striker Edin Dzeko.

2100: United are looking dangerous again despite going down to 10 men, Fabio Coentrao again linking up with Gareth Bale who earns a corner for United, which results in Joe Hart collecting comfortably.

2103: The game seems to have slowed down a touch with United controlling the game and passing the ball around looks like United might be settling for a 3 - 0 win today.

IMG_0027.jpg
2107: Hulk picks up a yellow as he goes in hard on the back of Nemanja Vidic in the United penalty area, a waste to a good build up from City.

IMG_0026.jpg
2110: GOALFLASH MAN UTD 4 - 0 Man City (Jones)
United goal:
Two words, Game - Over. It's a wonderful strike but once again it's thanks to Fabio Coentrao who heads on a Gareth Bale throw to the sensational Marc Jones who unleashes an absolute thunderbolt from his left foot that beats Joe Hart. 4 - 0 United.

BBC Sport's Phil McNulty at Old Trafford: "The game is well and truly over now, United have been on top for the whole game, City have failed to bring anything to this Manchester Derby and will be returning home with their tails between their legs and rightly so."

2115: City attempting to get into the game with Edin Dzeko pulling the ball back from the byline but only to Fabio Coentrao who clears. Really abysmal stuff up front from CIty today.

IMG_0027-1.jpg
2120: What a run and chance from Cristiano Ronaldo he is played through from Marc Jones to take the ball around 3 defenders before firing a shot off the far post that goes to Chygrynskyi to clear.

2123: City once again getting forward and forcing a good save from Jose Campodonico, getting slightly closer are City.

IMG_0027.jpg
2126: Cynical from Jonny Evans, Edin Dzeko in nearly clean through but gets brought down by the Northern Irishman, Vidic providing the cover that prevented a second red for United.

2128: Nearly 5 for United as Cristiano Ronaldo heads just wide from a Wayne Rooney cross. Really good game this United don't seem happy with 4.

2130: Gareth Bale and Cristiano Ronaldo force top saves from the England No. 1 Joe Hart in the City goal after some more top quality build up down both flanks. United passing City to death.

IMG_0028.jpg
2132: Man City red card (Kjaer)
City red card:
Marc Jones has been fantastic today and it was his darting run on the edge of the area that forced Simon Kjaer to take him down as he was drawing his foot back to unleash a shot and it's a second yellow and a red card for Manchester City.

IMG_0025.jpg
2134: Full-time Man Utd 4 - 0 Man City
Top drawer performance from the Red Devils today, despite for over an hour they never looked like using. Dominated possession and chances, the Red Devils certainly are marching on to victory today. The players look delighted.

Marc Jones said:
"I am delighted with the way we played today, we outplayed them all over the pitch and it could have been even more than 4. This gives us fantastic confidence as we prepare for the final fixtures of the season. I am delighted to be awarded man of the match today but it was a complete team effort and everyone put in a fantastic shift. We really showed City there is only one team in Manchester today."

Fabio Coentrao said:
"I was happy to be given the opportunity to play today, even though it came at the cost of wonderful player in Nani. I just did my best and tried to help the team as much as I could. I am pleased with my performance and I hope to gain some more first team football over the coming weeks, but I do know that this is a squad game and I am happy taking my opportunities when I'm given them."

Sir Ryan Giggs said:
"Delighted with the teams performance today, everyone looked in top form, disappointed with Rafael for his challenge on Eden, it was unnecessary but he's a good lad and will bounce back. (on Fabio) what a performance from the boy, he came on for Nani who we're going to miss dearly over the coming weeks and put in a fantastic shift down that left flank, him and Bale were unplayable. We just look to take this form into our remaining matches and look to win every match."

Fiesty game at old trafford! wonderful read though! love your big updates always the best by far! :) keep this up buddy! lot of time for it :D wonderful Derby win! :)

Fiesty game at old trafford! wonderful read though! love your big updates always the best by far! :) keep this up buddy! lot of time for it :D wonderful Derby win! :)

Cheers buddy, gutted Nani's out for so long though!!! and Rafael suspended, at least he can play in Europe!

Cheers buddy, gutted Nani's out for so long though!!! and Rafael suspended, at least he can play in Europe!

Yer right, He's been awesome for you since you took over at United! Will make things harder! On mine i just play real attacking with Wigan and hard challeneges, so I'v recieved a few bookings but i think my success is down to attacking! As Wigan are under dogs most teams play high against them, so will strike them out :D

Yer right, He's been awesome for you since you took over at United! Will make things harder! On mine i just play real attacking with Wigan and hard challeneges, so I'v recieved a few bookings but i think my success is down to attacking! As Wigan are under dogs most teams play high against them, so will strike them out :D

I think I've played every single match on control, other than occasionally changing it to counter and attacking and overload when really desperate for goals :D

Yer i just play attacking as it means i can get Neymar and Nzogbia involved! need to make chances when i play with Wigan!

Champions League Semi Final Draw

Friday 24th April 2015

1301394.png

Today is the highly anticipated draw of the Champions League Semi Final draw. Managers of all the clubs still remaining in the competition will be looking at the potential match up that their teams could face and will be looking for some of the weaker candidates left in the competition. However, with this being the Champions League Semi Final all of the teams that are here are here on merit and will prove difficult opponents.

Last years winners Manchester United are still the out and out favourites for the competition with them being top scorers in the competition scoring an incredible 51 goals so far in the competition, 23 ahead of second placed Real Madrid on 28. Barcelona the competitions second favourites will no doubt be looking forward to the draw and hoping to avoid their main competitors Manchester United having not beaten them since the Champions League Final in 2009.

article-1282843295409-0AEDA71F000005DC-6910_636x300.jpg

Semi Final Draw

Villareal
1777.png
vs
680.png
Man Utd
Real Madrid
1736.png
vs
1708.png
Barcelona

Manchester United will no doubt fancy their chances against Villarreal and will be delighted in having the second leg at Old Trafford giving the Red Devils the opportunity to really show Spain what they can with the prospect of defeating yet another La Liga side on their path to the Champions League Title.

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 PM ----------

United look to keep up April form

Saturday 25th April 2015

680.png

With the final month of the campaign dawning, it was time for Manchester United to focus on the challenge in hand with two games remaining in April having two away trips. Being Tottenham at White Hart Lane and Villarreal in El Madrigal in Spain. After completely destroying Manchester City at Old Trafford, the Red Devils will be looking forward to the task in hand with great anticipation.

11.png

EPL - Match Day 34
Tottenham
728.png
1 - 4
680.png
Man Utd

Carlos Tevez (88) - Gomes own goal (67), Cristiano Ronaldo (78, 90+1), Marc Jones (86)

W Rooney - Chicharito

G Bale - A King - M Jones - D Beckham

F Coentrao - J Evans - N Vidic (c) - P Evra

J Campodonico

Cristiano-Ronaldo-001.jpg

MoM: Cristiano Ronaldo (8.6)

With Manchester United naming a somewhat shadow midfield it looked like the game was beyond them and it wasn't until the introduction of Cristiano Ronaldo on 65 minutes that the game turned in United favour. It was a freak goal that broke the dead lock with Andy King firing a powerful shot from the edge of the box that ricocheted off the bar and into the back of Gomes to rebound off his back into the goal. Cristiano Ronaldo then scored a fierce shot from the edge of the area after calamitous defending from Kolarov. Evra then played the ball to Marc Jones who created space for himself beating a defender and then firing into the back of the net to make it 3 - 0. Tevez grabbed a late consolation goal after beating the offside trap to run clean through and slot one in. Cristiano Ronaldo then grabbed his brace in the 90th minute after some fantastic work down the left flank from Juan Manuel Vargas. It was a strong second half performance that got United the win today.

1301394.png

UEFA Champions League - Semi Final 1st Leg
Villarreal
1777.png
3 - 4
680.png
Man Utd

Henrique (44), Jozy Altidore (60), Miguel Layun (69) - Chicharito (10), Wayne Rooney (16), Cristiano Ronaldo (pen 58, 65)

W Rooney - Chicharito

J Vargas - D Fletcher - G Amaya - C Ronaldo

G Bale - J Evans - N Vidic (c) - Rafael

J Campodonico

Cristiano-Ronaldo.jpg

MoM: Cristiano Ronaldo (9.0)

A brace from Cristiano Ronaldo helped Manchester United overcome The Yellow Submarine in El Madrigal. It was a complete goalfest in Spain with defences being cast aside and goals coming from all over the pitch. Once again Cristiano Ronaldo shone in the Champions League scoring a brace, firstly through a penalty when Chicharito was brought down and the second goal came when Juan Manuel Vargas worked the ball down the left well before crossing for Ronaldo to net a real poachers finish. Ronaldo also provided a goal for Chicharito who got played through my the Portuguese star to slot a neat finish past the Villarreal keeper. With 4 away goals United will no doubt fancy their chances at brushing aside the Spanish side at Old Trafford

Last edited:
just the draw you needed in the champions league! nice write up for it :) strong performance against spurs to! ronaldo showing talent! wat a god! :) looks like Villareal gave you a good run in though! with four goals in 11 minutes? fantastic stuff bud

Amazing story mate, really love the nice layout. Fantastic progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.