So would it be a good idea as soon as you get the national job to fire all the staff and hire decent ish people contracted to difffrent clubs with a good youth system and hope for regens in the coming years.. i presume the famous produciton line clubs like Ajax, Sporting, Barcelona etc would be best here?

So would it be a good idea as soon as you get the national job to fire all the staff and hire decent ish people contracted to difffrent clubs with a good youth system and hope for regens in the coming years.. i presume the famous produciton line clubs like Ajax, Sporting, Barcelona etc would be best here?

I always fire all the staff and hire good coaches/***.managers from various clubs from serie A or abroad.

IF ajax or barcelona eventually produce a sammarinese then he would probably be good/excellent, but you must consider those teams have extensive scouting knowledge so if they are to produce a foreigner then he'd most likely be from brazil or argentine or africa etc. Clubs with less scouting knowledge might have a better chance of producing a sammarinese as there would be less "competition" from other countries if you understand what I'm trying to say. Though it's all very random, and actually there's a chance NONE of those clubs will ever produce a single sammarinese player...

with that said I just hired real madrid's Rui Faria as a coach ;)

I managed to get a backroom staff that includes staff from

The AC Milan Assistant Manager to take the U-21 job.
Bosman a coach at Ajax to join my NT staff.
Juventus GK Coach to join my staff.
Stephane Roche (PSG) to take a coach job.
Micharl Wetzel from Dortmund to take the U-19 job

and.....

Ruud Guillet to be my assistant Manager... Schexxy Football is coming back baby!!!

So Samariese knowledge being gained at. AC MILAN, JUVENTUS, PARIS ST GERMAIN, DORTMUND AND AJAX.

and real madrid as well now ... thanks ^_^ - i'll just swap them out once their knowledge bar is full start hitting teir two teams in each country.

Last edited:
I managed to get a backroom staff that includes staff from

The AC Milan Assistant Manager to take the U-21 job.
Bosman a coach at Ajax to join my NT staff.
Juventus GK Coach to join my staff.
Stephane Roche (PSG) to take a coach job.
Micharl Wetzel from Dortmund to take the U-19 job

and.....

Ruud Guillet to be my assistant Manager... Schexxy Football is coming back baby!!!

So Samariese knowledge being gained at. AC MILAN, JUVENTUS, PARIS ST GERMAIN, DORTMUND AND AJAX.

and real madrid as well now ... thanks ^_^ - i'll just swap them out once their knowledge bar is full start hitting teir two teams in each country.

well juventus starts with two sammarinese staff members if I'm not mistaken, so they already have full SM knowledge and don't actually need more ;)

unfortunately when you fire staff from the NT they start losing their SM knowledge even if they have reached the full bar, at least that's what happened in FM11.

btw how cool is that, a world class staff team having to deal with mostly amateur players XD

Some players I found:

An excellent player to target in the first season is the striker Ahmed Soukouna, he will score for fun in the C1/C2 leagues and also has the tools to do the job at Serie B level.

Defender Georgi Terziev is rock solid, he is still a starter in my Serie A team that has finished 3rd twice and also won the Italian Cup

Pablo Couñago is a striker many of you already know, will be top scorer in the first two seasons

Juan Manuel Sara is a player I bought in the second season who did well, can also score goals

I recommend you retain players from Bulgaria as their lower leagues have some decent players who will do a nice job for you for cheap. Todor Nedelev, Atanas Drenovichki, Vasil Gudzhev, Miroslav Bachvarov, Nikolay Manchev are some of the players I found

Luigi Sala is an experienced defender who will work well in the first season and can also be a mentor to some young players

Some of you might remember Anatoli Todorov from the CM 03/04 game in which he was perhaps the best player available. He is not so good now but he will still be able to boss the midfield in C1/C2 and perhaps be a decent bench player in Serie B.

Klemen Slivsek is a cheap Slovenian player who can play the midfield and central defender role and will do a nice job in C1/C2

They lose gained knowledge!! that sucks!

i'm trying to create the san marinese football league sytem including cups in fm12 however i can't find any of the rules of it or any of the prize money anywhere. does anyone have or know where i might find this information? if not i'll have to try and base the information around leagues of a similar size and the Italian rules.

Guys does anyone knows where can i download sanmarinese league and how to put it in my game? I am looking to play one san marinese team along with San Marino club and nation. THx!

Some players I found:

An excellent player to target in the first season is the striker Ahmed Soukouna, he will score for fun in the C1/C2 leagues and also has the tools to do the job at Serie B level.

Defender Georgi Terziev is rock solid, he is still a starter in my Serie A team that has finished 3rd twice and also won the Italian Cup

Pablo Couñago is a striker many of you already know, will be top scorer in the first two seasons

Juan Manuel Sara is a player I bought in the second season who did well, can also score goals

I recommend you retain players from Bulgaria as their lower leagues have some decent players who will do a nice job for you for cheap. Todor Nedelev, Atanas Drenovichki, Vasil Gudzhev, Miroslav Bachvarov, Nikolay Manchev are some of the players I found

Luigi Sala is an experienced defender who will work well in the first season and can also be a mentor to some young players

Some of you might remember Anatoli Todorov from the CM 03/04 game in which he was perhaps the best player available. He is not so good now but he will still be able to boss the midfield in C1/C2 and perhaps be a decent bench player in Serie B.

Klemen Slivsek is a cheap Slovenian player who can play the midfield and central defender role and will do a nice job in C1/C2

Soukouna would be more than decent for any second tier league in europe. Had a chance to sign him in C but his wage demands were too much for us, and actually that Scorza guy was a good consolation prize ;)

ooooh the legendary Todorov! To my great surprise I have faced another legendary bulgarian in the serie C cup in FM12: was checkin the opp. instructions and who do I see? Famous CM wonderkid Kakalov at left wing! Who's next, Kostadin Hazurov?

i'm trying to create the san marinese football league sytem including cups in fm12 however i can't find any of the rules of it or any of the prize money anywhere. does anyone have or know where i might find this information? if not i'll have to try and base the information around leagues of a similar size and the Italian rules.

have a look at this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011–12_Campionato_Sammarinese_di_Calcio

l
ooks quite a complicated system, not sure if you can implement that in FM

As for the cups (coppa titano and trofeo federale) I don't know much but prize money should be very limited. Also according to wiki the Trofeo Federale consists of four teams: finalists of the Camiponato Sammarinese and of the Coppa Titano.

have a look at this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011–12_Campionato_Sammarinese_di_Calcio

l
ooks quite a complicated system, not sure if you can implement that in FM

As for the cups (coppa titano and trofeo federale) I don't know much but prize money should be very limited. Also according to wiki the Trofeo Federale consists of four teams: finalists of the Camiponato Sammarinese and of the Coppa Titano.

thanks mate, i'd already got that info though, what i'm mainly struggling with is stuff like discipline rules, squad rules, sub rules, and prize money. i'm thinking i'll put in low prize money so it's just enough to keep the clubs afloat although this could be a problem if it doesn't increase later on in the save.

i've had to modify the league a little to make it fit in with fm as it seems i can't get teams to play cross groups like the mls teams and i've had to make the playoff's a single knockout tournament instead of double elimination.

if there's anyone who can speak italian and doesn't mind spending abit of time helping me out then i would greatly appreciate it if you could take a look at this website for me and see if it mentions anything about the above topics. i think it's the official website for the san marinese FA but as i don't speak italian i can't understand a word of it.
::: F S G C :::

thanks mate, i'd already got that info though, what i'm mainly struggling with is stuff like discipline rules, squad rules, sub rules, and prize money. i'm thinking i'll put in low prize money so it's just enough to keep the clubs afloat although this could be a problem if it doesn't increase later on in the save.

i've had to modify the league a little to make it fit in with fm as it seems i can't get teams to play cross groups like the mls teams and i've had to make the playoff's a single knockout tournament instead of double elimination.

if there's anyone who can speak italian and doesn't mind spending abit of time helping me out then i would greatly appreciate it if you could take a look at this website for me and see if it mentions anything about the above topics. i think it's the official website for the san marinese FA but as i don't speak italian i can't understand a word of it.
::: F S G C :::

I'm actually Italian (mostly) and just had a look at the FSGC site. Unfortunately not much info on those specific rules, for the most part it's history of the league, national team, standings, calendar, results etc. What I was able to see is that regular season started on september 17th and is set to close on april 15th. Also, every week there are matches played both on saturday and sunday usually at 15.00.

having a look at squad members, it's hard to tell if there are foreigners restrictions. The vast majority of players are sammarinese plus a fair amount of italians. On the other hand Tre Fiori have some Albanian players while Tre Penne have a russian. They should all be non-EU unless they have an italian or sammarinese passport (which is almost impossible to get).

I'm actually Italian (mostly) and just had a look at the FSGC site. Unfortunately not much info on those specific rules, for the most part it's history of the league, national team, standings, calendar, results etc. What I was able to see is that regular season started on september 17th and is set to close on april 15th. Also, every week there are matches played both on saturday and sunday usually at 15.00.

having a look at squad members, it's hard to tell if there are foreigners restrictions. The vast majority of players are sammarinese plus a fair amount of italians. On the other hand Tre Fiori have some Albanian players while Tre Penne have a russian. They should all be non-EU unless they have an italian or sammarinese passport (which is almost impossible to get).

thanks mate, greatly appreciate that, judging by what you've said i can get the fixtures sorted by setting them to saturday's and moving 2 to sunday's to make scheduling more realistic. i'll use that info about squad makeup to sort something about squad rules, i'm thinking of making italy treated as eu so you can freely sign italian's due to the seemingly close link between the countries but still allowing me to differentiate between the two in squad rules. luckily the majority of the leagues players are already in the clubs so i can get a rough idea of squad makeup from that although as it's an amateur league it's mainly going to be homegrown players anyway.

Updated OP:

- added Approaching Serie B to Part I

- corrected regens date in Scouting (Part III)

Some good tips there :) I'll throw in some of my own (only read first post, so sorry if I retread some old ground).

Basically you want to get to Serie B in two seasons. Don't worry too much about finances or upgrades for the first 2 season, just blow the budget and try and guarantee double promotion. Use your 3rd season to try and consolidate yourself in Serie B and then push for promotion again in your 4th season. Free Transfers are a must. I tend to look for players not attached to a club who have an international (or youth) cap and scout/give them trials- you can get some very good players this way and as you don't need any transfer budget (I never sign players that aren't on a free unless it's an amazing deal in my first 3 seasons) you can offer higher wages to attract better quality. When you're in Serie B look for people released from Serie A or being sold by relegated sides, also don't forget youth players on a loan to bulk out your squad. When you're established in Serie A then keep spending big until you get Champions League football- that's when you can really start to upgrade your facilities. When the money from Champions League starts rolling in upgrade your stadium first and foremost, for better income, and then youth based facilities.

As for Sammarinese players I tend to release anyone who my scouts/coaches agree have half star ability and potential- I like to free up my wage budget as much as possible. Try to sign anyone who is in the national squad and without a club just so they can get training. By time you're in Serie A/B you should have some feeder clubs where you can send people out on loan. Never release players who you think have a future in the national team- just sell them for nothing if possible. It's better for them to rot in your reserves than not having a club. Don't try to play Sammarinese players in your club squad until you get good regens- it's just going to slow your progress and make the game longer- they're not good players and playing them won't make them better.

Just accept that for many years you're going to get terrible results. You may get some fluke results (I beat Italy 2-1 in one of the early years in FM 09) but you won't become a good side. Just try and keep them from being humiliating and try to gt a few draws or wins. When arranging friendlies pick teams who are ranked higher than you think they should be (for example I played a Zambia team ranked ~50th and got an easy win and a lot of ranking points) to try and keep the fans happy. You shouldn't get sacked no matter how bad results are though. Not sure if it's superstition but I always play the same tactic with the nation as I do with the club- youth players should be used to playing this system then. If you get a good regen try to build your team around them. For example in 09 I had 3 central midfielders who were easily the 3 best players for the nation, so I played a 4-3-2-1 to try and get the most out of these players. I generally have more success with 2 strikers, no matter how bad they are. Also San Marino seem to never produce good wingers- this is always the weakest position in my team. So maybe try to play a tactic not using wide men, unless you get good players in these positions. If you get a good striker then praise the gods. They're hard to come by and should be worshipped.

That's all I can think of, in summary:

Until you get champions league football concentrate on getting better players.
When you get champions league put all cash into facilities
Sign free players as much as possible
Don't let potential national team players remain unnattached
Sign any potential Sammarinese players if possible

thanks Ubernisation, your experience can only help anyone approaching this challenge.

You might be happy to know that in FM12 players from youth set up seem to be much better than in FM11 (this is true for all the clubs, not only for San Marino), even from the very first season. And finally you can get Sammarinese wingers/attackers too!

In three seasons I already have two 4-stars prospects said to have good serie A potential, and compare favourably to my best serie A players in their positions (Nelson Rivas and Bruno Veiga, not bad at all!), plus 2-3 other kids that could be sure fire starters for NT, and become at least Serie B caliber player. I could spend 10 years in FM11 without seeing a single half-decent prospect...

Bad thing is the best SM regens tend to have Italian nationality as well, and usually reject call up to wait for italy so atm only ONE of my promising youth players has accepted to play for San Marino (4-star centre back :)) while the others are still refusing.

These are the two 4-star prospects:

View attachment 203234View attachment 203235

Both improving attributes very well thanks to good staff and good tutoring. Tagliani already a mainstay at the heart of NT defence (together with Juri Biordi from the original youth squad) while Vitiello led the club U20 to an unexpected double (U20 group 2 and U20 cup) with some great numbers and ratings (don't manage the u20, was amazed to see that!)

i think i'm gonna give this a go. looks like a nice challenge. anyway, how are the sammarinese naturalization rules. would it be possible to attract some 15/16 year old brasilian tallents, have them naturalized, then call them up for your sammarinese national team?

Last edited:
i think i'm gonna give this a go. looks like a nice challenge. anyway, how are the sammarinese naturalization rules. would it be possible to attract some 15/16 year old brasilian tallents, have them naturalized, then call them up for your sammarinese national team?

yeah but you'd have to wait until their 45/46 ;)

so in other words no not really as in real lilfe it takes 30 years and i think the game takes just makes it impossible as when their that age if they aren't already capped by another nation they won't be good enough anyway.

so, no naturalization? i really wanted to do that.

before i start the game. are there more options? any other lower reputation team playing in a foreign nation with a high league standard?