so, no naturalization? i really wanted to do that.

before i start the game. are there more options? any other lower reputation team playing in a foreign nation with a high league standard?

you mean other clubs playing in a foreign league? You have Vaduz (Liechtenstein) playing in Switzerland; Wellington (New Zealand) in Australia; Toronto and Vancouver (Canada) in USA. All nice challenges.

Does Monaco count as a nation for FIFA? Cannae remmeber. Swansea/Cardiff/Wrexham?

completely forgot about welsh teams in english leagues!

monaco would be cool, but they don't have a NT

also andorra has a club in spanish system, though it's 7th or 8th tier...

completely forgot about welsh teams in english leagues!

monaco would be cool, but they don't have a NT

also andorra has a club in spanish system, though it's 7th or 8th tier...

Could you use the editor to create a monaco team and nationality ? That'd be a great challenge if so.. used to watch Hoddle in the 80's play for them was one of the first non English team i used to follow.

Last edited:
Could you use the editor to create a monaco team and nationality ? That'd be a great challenge if so.. used to watch Hoddle in the 80's play for them was one of the first non English team i used to follow.

that's definately possible although you'd have to edit a bit of code to make it play in the euro and world cup qualifiers. might have already been done on the si forums.

Before starting a new game load all players of San Marino nationality + all players from San Marino top division + all players based in San Marino.

How exactly do I load all the players of San Marino nationality and the San Marino top division, and so forth? Really looking to plunge straight into this legendary challenge.. Really looking to get off on the right foot - any advice will be greeted with open arms (A)

How exactly do I load all the players of San Marino nationality and the San Marino top division, and so forth? Really looking to plunge straight into this legendary challenge.. Really looking to get off on the right foot - any advice will be greeted with open arms (A)

before starting a new game go to "database size" and select "custom": here you can choose to load all players of specific nationality or divisions.

my advice: search for the best free agents; don't be afraid to lose money in the first seasons; aim to back to back promotions; be consistent with your tactics; learn to use teamtalks and team meetings as players' morale is extremely relevant in FM.

good luck with the challenge, and feel free to ask for any other advice :)

Do you guys let the good regens play through the u-19, u-21 system or do you bring the into the Full NT straight away? I've a few at 16 that are easily stat good enough but i know inconsistancy and big game hidden stats are well low at that age barring a wonderkid which i aint producing till at least 2020.. ish.. :p

My NT average age is about 23 at the min..

Do you guys let the good regens play through the u-19, u-21 system or do you bring the into the Full NT straight away? I've a few at 16 that are easily stat good enough but i know inconsistancy and big game hidden stats are well low at that age barring a wonderkid which i aint producing till at least 2020.. ish.. :p

I always call the best players available. Average age is around 22 for me, would be even lower but a lot of regens are still rejecting the call up...

Well i had 3 out of 4 say yes, then crash dump, luckily these two and the lad at juventus are all single nationality, the couple that are dual i'll wait and see how they develop at the min, there a bit naff.

At least i know there all gettng decent training, most of the entire san marino squad is in my club tema reserves/youth team, bar a few here and there that i had release and now wont come back.. :p

Last edited:
I may be a little late to answer but a few pages back someone asked if Monaco as a possible nationality exists. Indeed it does. Armand Forcherio is a Monegasque scout, and Torben Joneleit (Genk) is German/Monegasque. It's not a playable team, though. I haven't tried to get Monegasque regens though, nor have I seen any new ones, so it may just die out when Joneleit retires.

I meant in terms of a playable nation, I wasn't sure if Monaco was Fifa affiliated or not, seem they aren't.

I figure why not give them a run out? Called up as many as will accept, they're all (apart from one) better than any other player in their position at the age of 15 anyway.

I meant in terms of a playable nation, I wasn't sure if Monaco was Fifa affiliated or not, seem they aren't.

They are not a UEFA member, no. They would be horrific, I would imagine that if Monaco played San Marino they would lose at least 20-0. That challenge isn't even worth considering. (;

They are not a UEFA member, no. They would be horrific, I would imagine that if Monaco played San Marino they would lose at least 20-0. That challenge isn't even worth considering. (;

Actually, they'd have more professional players than San Marino - they could probably call Torben Joneleit (KRC Genk) and Tom Hateley (Motherwell) to their NT, plus playes who have played for AS Monaco for over 5 years (And there are many). I don't think they'd be that bad.

Actually, they'd have more professional players than San Marino - they could probably call Torben Joneleit (KRC Genk) and Tom Hateley (Motherwell) to their NT, plus playes who have played for AS Monaco for over 5 years (And there are many). I don't think they'd be that bad.

They have a national team, it just sucks. Also, playing for Monaco would not entitle you to play for the national team.. Maybe if they lived in Monaco it would, but I doubt many Monaco players actually even live there.. And even then I'm unsure, due to them playing in a French league. Pretty sure players who play for San Marino aren't entitled to Sammarinese citizenship.

Also, I was referring to Monaco's current national team playing San Marino, not a hypothetical Monaco NT.

They have a national team, it just sucks. Also, playing for Monaco would not entitle you to play for the national team.. Maybe if they lived in Monaco it would, but I doubt many Monaco players actually even live there.. And even then I'm unsure, due to them playing in a French league. Pretty sure players who play for San Marino aren't entitled to Sammarinese citizenship.

Also, I was referring to Monaco's current national team playing San Marino, not a hypothetical Monaco NT.

Monaco's current NT is made up entirely of amateur players, but if they were to join FIFA they could call those players up. And a lot of the players who play for Monaco live in Monte Carlo, thus my statement on their nationality. For instance, the aforementioned Tom Hateley was born in Monte Carlo because his father was playing for Monaco and they had moved there. The fact they play in the French league is completely irrelevant, as long as they live in the principality. If someone who plays for San Marino actually lived in San Marino they could probably claim nationality - ****, I even know of an argie who lived in SM for a couple of years and played as a goalkeeper for San Marino u-21s, his début being a 7-0 defeat to Northern Ireland.

Sorry for the daft question but do I go on about becoming both club and NT manager? Do I have to add a new manager so I have two profiles loaded or can I have the same profile for both jobs?