The Sandancers, First their was Phil Brown then Joe McElderry and now Danny Simpson!!

Lol do it mate the town is buzzing with it can't walk down the street without seeing a sign saying vote joe is insane. He came in my shop when he was in the auditions wish I had befriended him then, then maybe could get close enough to grope Cheryl Cole. Ah well if only.

And Remember VOTE JOE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

away you go. Already enough homosexual 'men' in music ^^)

Well Kris, apparently its 1/10 that are gay these days so there must be at least 3 at each football club...

Guys stop spamming the thread god man Krisyou should no better.

VOTE JOE

VOTE JOE

VOTE JOE

VOTE JOE

:p Only kiddining will whack this game up when i sort out this short story essay

Along and awaited update is on its way been distracted with Uni work and other saved games turning y head away but this is where my heart is will update with results from end of November as well as to the end of December hang fire :)

An update for my belagured followers. I would like to apogise firt of as a few games were postponed due to half the ******* squad ******* off to celebrate with X Factor winner Joe :p.

The results have been poor to say the least the worst run being at the end of the recent yer when we played the teams in and around us and we only managed 1 point from 3 massive games. Bad times but we must keep the faith.

In a small transfer note as well we have manged to sign a famous name in the English footballing world, BRAMBLE!!! I mean its Tes Bramble but still a big name and half decent striker maybe he can turn it around.

View attachment 20275

Results
View attachment 20273

Table

View attachment 20274

just a question danny, do you play fast flowing football or is it just a load of scraps and scavengers in the middle? and nice signing in bramble

How far until the Conference North now?

One more mate, but squad is awful. May have to let all players go and start from scratch next season, need to survive this season though

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 PM ----------

just a question danny, do you play fast flowing football or is it just a load of scraps and scavengers in the middle? and nice signing in bramble

TBH they don't play football they are awful :D Nah I play decent football we keep the ball best in the division I think but we are just overall not goodenough, i.e. the playres after one game are at like 45% fitness and even with a week break get back to 90% at bst is very hard to get fully fit squad

Ok it has been a while since I played this game but it is not forgotten I want league football at Filtrona Park. A big thanks to bigal who is giving me the motivation to keep doing this story. Anyway I decided to update til the end of my current season.
Did we avoid the drop?
Are we still one league away from BSN?
Has Joe McElderry signed as a striker?
Answers to all these questions are below....

End of Season Summary
Coming ASAP

End of Season Summary

Once again we struggled at a higher level and a season where I wanted consoldation and mid table saftey was a non starter. We went 12 games without a win and we were languishing in the last relegation spot with 5 games to go. We needed massive performances and people to stand up and be counted.

We managed to draw with the eventual champions of the league Tonbridge Angels which gave the lads a much needed boost and with three games remaining we condemned Aveley and Ramsbottom to relgation by beating Aveley away from home 2-0. This gave us a fighting chance going into the last two games to survive.

First game we had was Wealstone at home....

View attachment 24240

A great win moved us out of the relegation zone and above Bognor Regis and Carshalton. This meant we just needed to match their results to stay up. The last game of the season was a home tie against Tiverton...

View attachment 24239

A great win and it helped us stay up!!! This also gave alot of optimism for next season as it showed our potential in this league.

Key Players
Three players were key to us staying up this season and they were Tesfaye Bramble

View attachment 24242

Tom Robbins

View attachment 24241

and Danny Upson

View attachment 24237

The two lads from Hartlepool helped us out of our rut and the fact thay had pace and speed helped us out as, especially Upson up front, people were unable to handle their pace. He missed alot of chances as his finishing is not the best but he was our top scorer despite coming in halfway through the season. Tesfaye Bramble also chipped in with a few goals and it helped us immensley.

Final Table

View attachment 24238

A decent season no relegation which was great but we need to improve. A new era is a foot their will be a few comings and goings at the end of the season hoepfully we will improve.

I would also just like to highlight the finances at the club are dire so if you wish to donate to the club send money in a envelope, cash preferably, to me :)

Last edited:
Well done you avioded(sp) the drop so good luck for next season

Tes Bramble :L What a load of ***** he was 4 us :L anyway well done up to now (Y) :)

Nice to see this back Danny, hopefully you can stick a promotion challegne in some time but I imagine the quality and calibre of player that you attract to the club prevents you from doing so ;)

Wooo glad it's back Danny, promotion next season ;)

'Good and Bad points about league change' - Danny Simpson
South Shields manager Danny Simpson talking about the move from Isthimian Premier League to Northern Unibond League

After the recent change in leagues for Shields, due to the georgraphical location of the club, Danny Simpson was able to see the good points behind the move.

Witht the move South Shields effectivley enter the unkown as only having previous experience with one team in their new league. They will also be playing a whole host of teams with not only Blue Square North experience but a few with Blue Square Premier experience under their belt. The likes of FC United, Farsley and Harrogate will be the new vistors to Filtrona Park this season. Manager Danny Simpson does not fear these teams however, he sees it as a challenge.

'Why should we be worried? They have not seen us play so we are as much a surprise to them as they are to us', was is response to whether he was worried about the calibre of teams he will be palying will cause a problem. He later went on to stress that while it is effectivley a new league for his team they could be the dark horses and spring a few surprises on the so called bigger clubs. 'Look these teams will think they can walk all over us but we will there to give them a good game and maybe even take 3 points off them.

Simpson was also enjoying the luxury of having one less team in the divison this year, 'Means one less game this season might get to see the wife on the weekend! But seriously it is two less games which is both good and bad. Good that the players will not be too tired but bad that 6 points we were fighting for last season have been taken away and that could be the difference between success and failure'.

South Shields NEW League

View attachment 24413

Last edited: