The Steel City Revival 2016 till Forever

Season 2019/20 Preview

The quietest window in our history. With only a handful of youth players coming in as our U18 promotion system comes into play.

Season 4 Targets

Premiership - Top 4 Finish
Champions League - Last 16
FA & League Cups - Back up teams

I expect it to be a tough challenge to retain the title with European football on the side. so as long as we can keep our spot in the Champions League i'll be happy.

Starting team 2019
View attachment 184258
Very few changes in our starting team. Flanagan and Jean Jerome Allain will fight for the right back position while Romero & Junior will fight to be the lead striker.

Summer signing
View attachment 184257

All about the youth and even that has been in short demand due to crazy demands from other teams.
View attachment 184256View attachment 184255View attachment 184254View attachment 184253View attachment 184252View attachment 184251

Out
Two stars of our Premier League run Adam Johnson (Swansea) & Christian Benteke (Fiorentina) were moved on with the emergence of youth players in there positions. Loads of youth going out on loan to prove themselves. Our biggest failure of the youth team so far was Patrick N'Dioro. Not good enough for Barrow so not enough me.

Charity Shield
Sheff Wed 3-0 West Brom
Depay
Ozil
Bentancur
View attachment 184250

Next match is the Sheffield derby in the season opener

August

Perfect start of our Premiership defense as the only side to win 4/4
Juventus & Leverkusen will challenge us to reach the last 16 in our first Champions League campaign
Handful more kids arrive on deadline day

Fixtures

Sheff Utd 0-3 Sheff Wed
Depay
Junior
Saul

Sheff Wed 4-0 West Ham
Junior
Jorge
Schenkel
Ozil

Bournemouth 0-3 Sheff Wed
Ozil
Junior
Depay

Sheff Wed 3-1 Swansea
Depay
Buelvas
Goretzka

Premiership
View attachment 183907
We make a perfect start. No major opposition but still every game was supplemented with a comfortable win. Good start by QPR but at the other end another dominant London club Chelsea are in the bottom 3 with no wins from the first four games.

Champions League
View attachment 183906
Tough group but we were helped by being top seed avoid the best in Europe. Still overcoming Juventus & Leverkusen will be a tough obstacle

Transfer Window
View attachment 183905

Dont usually show of other teams signings but Spurs look to have hit the jackpot with Kane's replacement
View attachment 183904

At Sheffield Wednesday its another bunch of kids. Had a look at a few big names from Liverpool & Arsenal but kids only again.

View attachment 183903View attachment 183902View attachment 183901View attachment 183900View attachment 183899

September

Train wreak of a month!
Most dissapointing month and must unsuccessful since we reached the premiership
Victory over Leverkusen was the one high point.
Youth team fell apart in extra time against Bournmouth

Fixtures

Leicester 1-0 Sheff Wed

Champions League Match 1
Sheff Wed 1-0 Leverkusen
Junior
View attachment 183754
This was the only game we won but its a crime we only scored one goal. Offense really has to wake up!

Sheff Wed 0-1 Liverpool

Carling Cup 3rd Rd
Bournemouth 2-0 Sheff Wed AET

Chelsea 1-0 Sheff Wed

Premiership
View attachment 183753
We plummet to 6th six points off the top spot where Tottenham & Man City (Aguero) are scoring for fun.

Player of the Month
Junior
View attachment 183752
The 20 year old Brazilian got his first cap following a great start to the season and the genuine prospect of being a lead striker for us, Hes been helped with Romero's injury plagued summer.

October

Our crazy loosing run went on finishing at 6 games
Thrashed in 8 & 6 goal thrillers to Tottenham & Man Utd
Finally get back on track beating Viktoria Plzen & West Brom 4-0

Fixtures

Champions League Match 2
Juventus 1-0 Sheff Wed

Sheff Wed 3-5 Tottenham
Junior 3

Man Utd 4-2 Sheff Wed
Ozil
Romero

Champions League Match 3
Sheff Wed 4-0 Viktoria Plzen
Romero 2
Saul
Belchior
Never have i been so grateful for a win after that insane run. Juventus still lead the way but its already looking like it will come down to our match on game 6

Sheff Wed 4-0 West Brom
Ozil
Junior
Buelvas
Goretzka

Premiership
View attachment 183721
Our abysmal run see's us now 12 points behind leaders Man City with QPR still in the hunt keeping up there great start. Sheffield United's form is even worse than ours and they have fallen into the bottom 3 with Bournemouth & Swansea who have yet to win a game.

Player of the Month
Jorge
View attachment 183720
The Brazilian wing back has been our best player so far this season and at the same time as Goretzka our coaches reported back to me that he is now a star Premiership player

November

Return to good form. One slip us to Newcastle and Ipswich performance was not great but only one more Champions League game then its all about the Leauge
We have a shot all be it a long one to take top spot in the Champions League

Fixtures

Sheff Wed 2-1 Watford
Junior 2

Champions League Match 4
Viktoria Plzen 2-4 Sheff Wed
Bentancur 2
Salakory 2

Southampton 0-2 Sheff Wed
Bentancur
Garcia

Newcastle 2-0 Sheff Wed

Champions League Match 5
Leverkusen 0-0 Sheff Wed
We go into the final game needing to beat Juventus by 1 goals or more to secure top spot
View attachment 183514

Sheff Wed 1-0 Ipswich
Romero

Premiership
View attachment 183513
Great improvement for us as were back in the race for the top 4. Were still 8 points from the top spot with Man City & Arsenal still leading the way.

Player of the Month
Jean-Jerome Allain
View attachment 183512
Was starting to replace Flanagan towards the end of last season and is now well in the lead as our starting wing back. Grabbed a few french caps to round out his teenage years.

When do you take over Sheffield United?

When all the boxes are ticked. Sheffield Wednesday need some work as there far from a British powerhouse never mind a European force yet.

December

1-0 Win against Juventus was enough to secure top spot in the group.
Loose a 10 goal thriller to QPR 3 days later

Fixtures

Sheff Wed 2-3 Everton
Goretzka
Bentancur
Match was well in hand till Depay got sent off

Champions League match 6
Sheff Wed 1-0 Juventus
Depay

Memphis makes up for costing us against Everton by scoring the group winning goal against Juventus

QPR 6-4 Sheff Wed
Junior 3
Ozil
View attachment 183358
Not quite sure which defense is going to show up. Same guys kept a clean sheet against Juventus a few days earlier

Sheff Wed 3-1 Arsenal
Schenkel 2
Depay

Man City 2-0 Sheff Wed

Sheff Wed 1-1 Aston Villa
Junior

Premiership
View attachment 183356
Man City look like there gone and away at the top. Were a few wins behind the Champions League race and must win out through January to catch the top 4 who are 7 points away. Sheffield United already look in deep deep trouble 10 points off safety at the bottom.

Player of the Month
Rodrigo Bentancur
View attachment 183355
This time last year the Uruguayan midfielder came alive and dragged us to a league title. This December has again seen his best month of the season for performances so hopefully he can lead us to an amazing 2nd half of the season once again.

Last 16 Draw
Dortmund vs Sheff Wed

Tough draw for us considering we won the dang group

January

Very busy start to the year with 7 games in 21 days

We remained unbeaten through that spell but gave up points to Sheffield United & Swansea teams in the relegation zone

Fixtures

Sheff Wed 1-1 Sheff Utd
Depay

Sheff Wed 2-0 Fulham
Belchior
Davies

Sheff Wed 2-0 Bournemouth
Goretzka
Garcia

West Ham 1-3 Sheff Wed
Depay 2
Salakory
View attachment 183128
Plenty of rotation with so many games. This was our best performance led by Depay on top form.

Swansea 0-0 Sheff Wed

Liverpool 0-0 Sheff Wed

Sheff Wed 2-1 Leicester
Depay
Junior

Premiership
View attachment 183127
Arsenal & Tottenham close the gap on Man City at the top. We manage to join the race for 4th place. but 4th to 10th is split by 4 points. We came through a very busy month unbeaten so there wont be too mny complaints.

Player of the Month
Memphis Depay
View attachment 183126
Scored in every game he played and won the divisional player of the month award too

Transfer Window
View attachment 183125
We made a move for Julian Brandt (Man City) & Mohamed Salah (Tottenham) to strengthen our squad but both chose bigger teams

So only one signing for the U18 team as well as recalling Aurelian Sitaru from his loan at Udinese to help out our lack of depth at center back. Was going to buy someone till i compared him and there was little difference. One player leaves in long serving Midfielder Saul who was in his 4th season at the club and was playing less games year on year. Despite only being 25 now was the time to move him on and give some of the kids more playing time.
View attachment 183124

February

7 Starting players go down combined with red cards making for a ultra frustrating month
Ipswich beat us in the cup in the all to familure fashion of us going down to 10 man and throwing the game away

Fixtures

FA Cup 4th round
Sheff Wed 1-2 Ipswich
Belchior

Tottenham 2-3 Sheff Wed
Bentancur 2
Depay

West Brom 3-1 Sheff Wed
Junior

Champions League last 16
Dortmund 2-0 Sheff Wed
View attachment 182574
Goretzka Red card at 0-0 killed us away from home

Sheff Wed 2-2 Chelsea
View attachment 182573
Jorge & Bentancur join Horn, Allain, Schenkel, Cubus, Ozil, Romero on the injury list.

Premiership
View attachment 182568
What a difference a month has made. Man City are 10 points clear of the battle for 2nd which is now the Champions League challenge. Were 8 points behind and in huge trouble.

Player of the Month
Oswaldo Buelvas
View attachment 182567
Came back to ave our defense as everyone else went down.

March

Disastrous defeats in the League to Man Utd & Watford all but end our Champions League charge
This seasons Champions League attack is over too as Dortmund beat us 2-0 in both legs. Both games saw us down to 10 men in the 69th minute when we were well in the games.
A thrashing of Southampton gives us a sniff of hope for the run in

Fixtures

Sheff Wed 0-2 Man Utd

Champions League last 16
Sheff Wed 0-2 Dortmund - Agg Dortmund 4-0 Sheff Wed
View attachment 182442

Watford 2-1 Sheff Wed
Sitaru

Sheff Wed 3-0 Southampton
Wagner
Buelvas
Oswald
View attachment 182441
By far our strongest team of the month.

Premiership
View attachment 182440
Man City look to be Champions in all but name with plenty work to do behind them to lock down champions league positions. We should be safe in the top 10 but clearly expect much more. Sheffield United are slowly pulling themselves back into the relegation battle

End Of Season

Our League form from February
P13 W3 D5 L5 GF15 GA18
Hence the quick update as i await to see if i'll get a P45. This was tough update to do!
Depay, Goretzka and a few others hand in transfer request with no European Football next season.

Fixtures

Ipswich 2-2 Sheff Wed
Romero 2

Sheff Wed 0-1 Newcastle

Everton 0-0 Sheff Wed

Sheff Wed 0-0 QPR

Arsenal 3-1 Sheff Wed
Propper

Sheff Wed 1-1 Man City
Oswald

Aston Villa 0-2 Sheff Wed
Junior
Bentancur

Final Premiership Table
View attachment 182411
Top 4 ran away with it in the last 2 months. Leicester, QPR & Everton nabbed the Europa League spots. Ipswich Bournemouth and sadly a final exclamation mark on a season of misery was watching Sheffield United go down

Tough run there but I'm sure you can pick it up again next season!

Season 2019/20 Review

After dominating the league at the start September was the first of our nasty patches through the season that led to us finishing 10th & 3 early cup exits
Without us to compete Man City walked to the League title with Tottenham, Arsenal & Man Utd making the top 4. That was not enough to stop United sacking Gerardo Martino after 1 season and is replaced with Josep Guardiola. Liverpool sacked AVB despite finishing 2 places higher than ourselves.
At the bottom the big news was the sad demise of Sheffield United but at least they would have seen some huge funding that will help me in the future with a bit of luck. Bournemouth & Ipswich also go down meaning all 3 promoted teams go down. On the other end Norwich, Stoke & Burnley all make there Premiership return. Big news from further down the Leagues is Bolton needing to win there last 7 games in a row to avoid dropping into the conference.

Sheff Weds 2019/20
View attachment 182348
Stand outs of a disapointing year were striker Junior after a few loan spells took over from injury prone Max Romero. This team could look very different as Goretzka has already gone to Man Utd and more are determined to move on

Premiership - 10th
FA Cup - 4th Round
League Cup - 3rd Round

Key Players

Rodrigo Bentancur
View attachment 182347
The usual suspect is back again. He's asked for a move but this is one guy im determined to keep hold of.

Memphis Depay
View attachment 182346
The Dutch winger had his spells during the season where he was winning game by himself. Will be tough holding onto this guy this summer.

Jean-Jerome Allain
View attachment 182345
Took over the Right Back role early on in the season after Flanagan opened his mouth one time to often and will not be getting his spot back soon!

Season Awards

League Player of the year
Alex Ox Chamberlain
View attachment 182344

Young Player of the year
Ivan Lorente
View attachment 182343

Top Scorer
Sergio Aguero
View attachment 182342

Manager of the year
Jose Mourinho
View attachment 182341

Sheffield Review

Sheffield United
View attachment 182340
Sadly a one season wonder in the top flight. I'm hoping Steve Clarke's season in the top flight will prove for long term results.

Sheffield FC
????

Season 2020/21 Preview

Another quiet window but with my job and the clubs immediate future on the line (Almost ever major player will leave without European football next season) we had to buy quality. Missed on on almost every player Man City bought and several more.
At Euro 2020 Holland added the Euro's to there 2018 world cup win overcoming a mental schedule including France, England, Spain before our own Memphis Depay again scored the winner against Italy the only goal in the final just like in 2018
View attachment 182145

Season 5 Targets

Premiership - Top 4 Finish
FA & League Cups - Try and win a cup

We need to get back into the top 4 top continue this sides development otherwise we'll loose so many talented players. With the depth now having more quality than ever before i'll not be resting so many players in the cups this year so i hope to bring one of them home and finally add some significant silverware to last years League title.

Starting team 2020
View attachment 182158
As usual there's a few changes taking place. Newbies Kupriy & Licoln jump right into the staring 11. Key players on the bench to watch for are Anthony Richaud, Luke O'Leary, Radek Cervenka & Dean Gould who will all be looking to take on the dodgy defenders of last season as well as the new center midfielders Salakory & Licoln

Summer signing
View attachment 182154
More quality over kids as the pressure to win is ramped up from the board. No European football next season could be the final nail in my coffin

Olexiy Kupriy DL
View attachment 182153
Scouted in his breakthrough season and highly recomended by anyone that spotted him. Has massive potential despite the price i'd say we totally overpaid in desperation to add new players

Lincoln AM
View attachment 182152
Great story behind this guy. In season 1 a deal was agreed for him to join Wednesday for £3m but due to our lack of funds in those days it was either him or Romero and long term it looked like i chose the wrong guy. However luck has funny way of working and this summer he was released by Dortmund and a week into the free market he was still available. Now i expected the usual insane requests over £200k a week however i was quietly impressed to agree on £130k a week a gamble for us but if he fills my most problomatic position then it will all be forgotten.

Two youngster join as i cant resist!
View attachment 182149View attachment 182147

Out
3 of our best players could not be convinced into staying at the club. First to go is Leon Goretzka. He had made sounds of wanting out early on last season and with 12 months left on his contract the time was right to make a £30m profit from him. Next out was Max Romero who fell down the pecking order almost as fast as he climbed it, One solid season was followed by a succession of injurys last season. Was never fit nad hardly played. Happy to take Dortmunds £16m with lots of prospects just waiting to join Junior in the 1st team. Last to go was Jorge. Caused a huge fuss at the end of the season and his form at the end was starting to end our love hate relationship. At the same time one of the best Left Back prospects in the game was ending a loan spell at Schalke so i took the chance to nab him up before the big clubs got in.

August

Perfect start. The reboot button has looked to have worked as we won all our games despite missing our best player Memphis Depy for all but 1 game
Youth team beat Bury in the League cup but Swansea will be a tougher game in the 3rd round
Brazilian trio of Belchior, Junior & Lincoln form a fersome frontline.

Fixtures

Aston Villa 0-2 Sheff Wed
Belchior
Junior

Sheff Wed 5-0 Burnley
Lincoln
Osia
Junior
Flanagan
Bentancur

Carling Cup 2nd Rd
Bury 1-2 Sheff Wed
Davies 2

West Ham 1-3 Sheff Wed
Junior
Lincoln
Belchior
View attachment 181782
This was our biggest test so far. Had to fight from behind for the first time at the Olympic stadium and our Brazilian trio pulled it off

Premiership
View attachment 181781
Were the only team to make a perfect start.

Transfer Window
View attachment 181780View attachment 181779
Nothing else at Sheffield but a crazy busy deadline day of action.

September

Our 100% start in League & Cup continues through September
Closest we come to not winning is a 2-0 win at Swansea
Squad as a whole have reacted amazingly to the boom or bust picture i painted through the whole pre season. This season had to be a resounding success with European Football at the other end or the team as we knew it was finished.
But still a long way to go and were due the standard collapse and 5 game loosing run that sneaks up on us every season

Fixtures

Sheff Wed 4-2 Leicester
Richaud
Junior 2
Lincoln

Newcastle 1-4 Sheff Wed
Depay
O'G
Lincoln
Bentancur
View attachment 181701
Our 2nd scorer Newcastle defender Velazquez came so close to moving to Sheffield two summers ago but the clubs coudnt agree a fee. At least he showed today how much he wants to play for us

Carling Cup 3rd Round
Swansea 0-2 Sheff Wed
Chiwunga
Oswald

Sheff Wed 3-0 Norwich
Bentancur 2
Osia

Premiership
View attachment 181700
Wednesday stretch there legs at the summit and are 6 points clear after 6 games but tougher days lie ahead. Most teams we've played are in the bottom 8 and on the verge of that is our 1st true test in Arsenal away to start October

Player Of The Month
Rodrigo Bentancur
View attachment 181699
The Uruguayan winger has just had the best 5 game start to a season of any player i've had in this save. 5 games, 4 goals and 6 assists to go with his league's player of the month award. Never have i had a team that relyed so much on the right winger to produce.

October & November

Short months with few fixtures but i was storming through and missed the end of October if im honest
First dropped points to Arsenal soon followed by our 1st defeat at home to Man City
Made it to the League cup Quarter finals

Fixtures

Arsenal 1-1 Sheff Wed
Junior

QPR 1-3 Sheff Wed
Oswald
Wagner
Junior

Sheff Wed 1-2 Man City
Junior

Carling Cup 4th Rnd
Sheff Wed 3-0 QPR
Belchior
Chiwunga
Richaud
View attachment 181318
Sets up our first cup Q/F in some time when we play Watford back to back to kick off December

Sheff Wed 3-0 Everton
Junior 2
O'G

West Brom 1-2 Sheff Wed
Depay
Salakory

Sheff Wed 1-1 Swansea
Wagner

Stoke 0-3 Sheff Wed
Bentancur
Lincoln
Depay

Premiership
View attachment 181317
We still lead the way by 3 points from the hard charging Chelsea with defending champs Man City 1 point behind. Dissapointments of the season at this stage are Southampton in bottom spot with 1 win and 9th place Man Utd 13 points off top spot already,

Player of the Month
Memphis Depay
View attachment 181316
The hero of Dutch football looks to have settled down from his pre season sulk and is playing a vital role in our early season goal fest.

December

The month where we developed into a top side
8 games and 8 wins including beating Tottenham, Man Utd, Chelsea & Liverpool in an 11 day spell
Chelsea await in the League Cup Semi Finals

Fixtures

Carling Cup Q/F
Watford 0-2 Sheff Wed
Junior
Depay

Sheff Wed 3-2 Watford
Wagner
Lincoln
Bentancur

Sheff Wed 2-0 Southampton
Depay
Junior

Tottenham 2-3 Sheff Wed
Schenkel
Junior
Lincoln

Sheff Wed 3-1 Man Utd
Buelvas
Junior 2

Chelsea 1-5 Sheff Wed
Wagner 2
Oswald
Junior 2
View attachment 181080
Chelsea had been the leagues other form side and needed to win to make a impact on our title charge and safe to say the opposite happened. We didnt even have a strong team with 5 of my best 11 out for one reason or another

Sheff Wed 3-1 Liverpool
Junior
Belchior
Lincoln
Goals in the 92&93 minutes saved our winning run

Sheff Wed 2-0 Aston Villa
Belchior
Cervenka

Premiership
View attachment 181079
Christmas comes and goes and we start the new year with a 11 point lead. Chelsea & Man City will only be fighting for 2nd at this rate while the race for 4th is far more exciting and maybe beyond Man Utd who are looking to get rid of sack favorite Pep Guardiola

Player of the Month
Junior
View attachment 181078
Could we have the next great Brazilian striker in our hands? He' already scored more goals this season than in the whole of 2019/20

January

We finally reach a cup final after beating Chelsea comfortably over 2 legs.
Good run in the league despite dropping points to Norwich and having Man City close the gap i'd consider this a good month in the league.
Sadly there will be no treble after an abysmal performance at derby in the 4th round led to our 1st defeat since late October.

Fixtures

FA Cup 3rd Round
Chesterfield 1-1 Sheff Wed
Cervenka

Carling Cup S/F 1st Leg
Sheff Wed 4-1 Chelsea
Depay
Richaud
Bentancur
Kupriy
Safe to say the team really want to finally win another trophy!

Sheff Wed 4-0 West Ham
Depay
Lincoln
Junior 2

FA Cup 3rd Round Replay
Sheff Wed 5-0 Chesterfield
Propper 2
Oswald
Mitrovic
O'Leary

Leicester 0-2 Sheff Wed
Bentancur
O'Leary

Norwich 0-0 Sheff Wed

Carling Cup S/F 2nd Leg
Chelsea 2-2
Davies 2
AGG Sheff Wed 6-2 Chelsea

FA Cup 4th Round
Derby 2-1 Sheff Wed
Oswald
View attachment 180629
The strange world of the FA Cup where we played a very strong team the only youth player i was forced to play scored and was the only player rated over 7 after drawing at Stamford Bridge 3 days earlier

Premiership
View attachment 180628
After a dodgy draw at Norwich and falling a game behind Man City close the gap to 6 points. West Brom stand out in 4th place ahead of Liverpool, Arsenal & Spurs with Man Utd well behind in 10th. West Ham sack Ronny Deilla as they fall into the relegation zone replacing him with former Sheff Wed player & Sunderland manager Joleon Lescott the 2nd former England international to start there managerial career after Rio Ferdinand took over at Everton over the festive period.

Player of the Month
Jean-Jerome Allain
View attachment 180627
Serves up the highest rating of any defender in the league. Surprisingly there was no bids from him in this window.

Transfer Window
View attachment 180626View attachment 180625

Sheffield window
Probably our biggest January window ever

Victor MC
View attachment 180624
Victor was one of 4 free agents i picked out but the only one that got a work permit. We'll see how he gets on but with MC being one of our most overpopulated positions he will find it hard to be anymore than a profit making exercise. On the flip side Mesut Ozilis now hardly getting a sniff of 1st team action and is sold to West Ham.

3 youths join the u18s
View attachment 180623View attachment 180622View attachment 180621