League

Southampton 2 - 0 Tottenham

Tomkins OG, Bertoli

Manchester City 2 - 2 Southampton

Zouma, Oswald

Southampton 7 - 1 Norwich

Bertoli(2), Fierro(3), Placide OG, Sterling

View attachment 276525

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FA Cup

5th Round Replay

Southampton 2 - 0 Manchester United

Costa, Bertoli

6th Round

Southampton 4 - 0 Middlesborough

Costa, Bertoli, Pintos, Overson

View attachment 276526

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Champions League

First Knockout Round 2nd Leg

Southampton 5 - 4 Barcelona
Saints win 8-6 on agg

Fierro(4), Sterling

View attachment 276527

Quarter Final Draw

View attachment 276528

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly Review

Cracking month minus the draw to City in which we came back from a goal down twice!! Awesome result against Barca I literally thought Fierro wasn't going to stop scoring!! Got a good young regen through the Youth Academy, needs a bit of work on his finishing though.

View attachment 276529

Player of the Month

Filippo Bertoli

View attachment 276530

Cracking month from the Italian. 61 goals ALREADY this season, can he break maybe 75??

Table

View attachment 276531

We need United to slip up :/ think the league might be out of our grasp this year.

ONCE AGAIN SORRY FOR THE ABSENCE LADS, ALSO I HAVE CHANGED THE SKIN ONCE AGAIN. I'VE SETTLED ON THIS ON THOUGH :D

April

southampton_football_club_19341.jpg

Crash out of Champions League after shocker against OM
United slip up against City to open the door for Saints
Into FA Cup final after young German scores on his debut for us

League

Wolves 1 - 6 Southampton

Bertoli(3), Fierro, Costa, Skrtel OG

Southampton 2 - 0 Newcastle

Fierro, Bertoli

Liverpool 1 - 1 Southampton

Bertoli

Southampton 5 - 0 Swansea

Costa, Fierro, Bertoli, Sterling

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FA Cup

Semi Final

Bolton 0 - 3 Southampton

Pintos, Costa, Schutz

View attachment 276573

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Champions League

Quarter Final 1st Leg

OM 3 - 4 Southampton

Bertoli(2), Fierro(2)

Quarter Final 2nd Leg

Southampton 2 - 4 OM
OM win 7-6 on agg

Bertoli(2)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly Review

Massively disappointed with our performances against OM, to let in 7 goals over 2 games isn't good enough. Our full backs aren't good enough and its an area I'll be looking at improving over the summer. Great month other than that, unfortunate we couldn't get 3 points against Liverpool but it was a tight game and could have gone either way in the end. Luckily for us United slipped up a bit this month...

Player of the Month

Douglas Costa

69529__max_news.jpg

Top month from the Brazilian!! Chipped in with a few goals and assists too

Table

View attachment 276574

Its hotting up, the relegation spots have all been decided pretty much with Gerrards Villa certain to join the other two. We need to win all our games in hand to go 2 points clear of United..

Beckham and Bertoli Watch

View attachment 276575 View attachment 276576

Two of our hottest regens, just thought I'd post a screenie of them both. Beckham has turned into a cracking little player since we got him in our first youth intake and is now one of the first names on the team sheet keeping out Javi Martinez and Xabi Alonso. Bertoli... well we all know what a player he is. 72 goals in all competitions this year so far and a massive 48 in the league!!! Best regen ever I've had by a mile​

how do you make your regens so good?? do you use a custom training schedule?

and secondly do you ever use the 4231 formation?

brilliant update!, shame out champions league though

I know, really schocked about losing to OM after knocking out the mighty Barca but ahh well can't win everything!!

how do you make your regens so good?? do you use a custom training schedule?

and secondly do you ever use the 4231 formation?
Well Jack Beckham came through my Youth System as Southampton have a fantastic academy and I picked up Bertoli from Siena after my Scouts came back to me and he was on the ''Highly Recomended'' list. Snapped him up for ?2.3m compensation fee.

What I do with my scouts is send them out around April time(English teams get their youth intakes mid March, same as most of Europe) and ask them to find and players Under 21 or Under 18. Then check out their reports and snap up anyone half decent!!

My training is just my own one, here's a screenie of it and my staff too:
View attachment 276610 View attachment 276611

Na I never use the 4-2-3-1 as I have two world class strikers in Bertoli and Fierro and could never leave them on the bench!!

soo ill send my best ones out at the start of april? and do you just search for players under 19??

soo ill send my best ones out at the start of april? and do you just search for players under 19??
Yeah thats when I do it. Also throughout the year too but thats the best time as most clubs in Europe get their Youth Intakes around mid March, well I know Spain and England do and can only assume its the same for the rest of Europe.

Read from about 15-37 yesterday! I must say I'm impressed. Keep it up. Enjoying your Crawley video story too!

Any chance of an SS of the Hull squad?

where do i search? world? or send scouts to different countries?

where do i search? world? or send scouts to different countries?
Send like 1 scout to Spain, 1 to France, 1 to Germany ect. all with preferences of Player Under 18 or Under 21

May and End of Season Awards

manchester-united-champions.jpg

Title goes down to final day once again!!
FA Cup goes to extra-time in thriller against Leeds

League

Aston Villa 0 - 3 Southampton

Jorgensen OG, Sterling, Oswald

Southampton 3 - 0 Reading

Bertoli(2), Fierro

Southampton 3 - 2 Chelsea

Bertoli, Fierro, Oswald

View attachment 276632

Chelsea 2 - 2 Southampton

Beckham, Pintos

Southampton 2 - 1 QPR

Bertoli(2)

View attachment 276634 View attachment 276635

So we done all we can, slipped up against Chelsea as it was the second time we played them in 3 days!! Bertoli came to the rescue against QPR as I made a big call leaving Douglas Costa on the bench and starting Sterling... Bertoli's second was magical as he ran 3/4 of the pitch beating 3 men and slotting it home.. lets look at the table

Final Table and Player Stats

View attachment 276639 View attachment 276640

Won it in emphatic style needing only a point on the last day as we had such superior goal difference!! But it all comes down to Bertoli what a player he is, 54 League goals is just incredible and a whopping 77 in all competitions.

FA Cup Final

Leeds 3 - 4 Southampton
AET

Fierro(2), Sterling(2)

View attachment 276641 View attachment 276642

Done it, just. I rested a few players like Luke Shaw, Kurt Zouma, Iker Muniain, Julian Oswald, Jack Beckham, Douglas Costa. But the replacements were good enough and Sterling really shone grabbing us a last minute winner. Martinez and Kadlec were both sent off for shocking fouls.

End of Season Review

Hugely successful season in which we won:

COMMUNITY SHIELD
EUROPEAN SUPER CUP
CLUB WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
CAPITAL ONE CUP
FA CUP
BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE

The only one which evaded us this year was the Champions League :( never mind you can't win them all... well you can but just not this year ;).

Player Awards

PFA Player of the Year

View attachment 276646

1. Filippo Bertoli
2. Carlos Fierro
3. Iker Muniain

Top Goalscorer

View attachment 276648

1. Filippo Bertoli
2. Carlos Fierro
3. Wayne Rooney

PFA Players' Young Player

View attachment 276651

1. Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
2. Raheem Sterling
3. Julian Oswald

Manager Of The Year

View attachment 276653

1. Sam Birch
2. AVB
3. Ronald Koeman

Team Of The Year

View attachment 276657

Southampton Player Awards

Player of the Season

Filippo Bertoli

View attachment 276660 View attachment 276661

Just incredible, but what I'd love to see is if people think he could be better than Aitor Herrera?? Klippys regen from his Bilbao story?

Young Player of the Season

Raheem Sterling

View attachment 276664

Cracking debut season at Southampton, signed for a measly ?5.75m last summer.

Thats all folks!!!! Don't worry I've discovered my love for this save again and will smash out maybe another season before FM13. Thanks again to everyone who reads this story :D

great season and that striker Bertoli looks amazing! I wish I could keep my strikers fit enough to play 60+ games, lazy bastards can't seem to take more than 40-45 matches per season...

great season and that striker Bertoli looks amazing! I wish I could keep my strikers fit enough to play 60+ games, lazy bastards can't seem to take more than 40-45 matches per season...
He's unbelievable. Only picked up an injury on the last game of the season against QPR, twisted ankle out for 3 weeks!! Lol

Set my regen of 20 a target to hit 54 goals in the Eredevisie, its 4 games less a season then the BPL but I'm confident he can beat it :p Would you ever consider selling Bertoli?