images

Amazing game against Chelsea as De Bruyne shows them what they're missing
Southampton through to FA Cup Final against Man United
Villa, West Brom and QPR punished, but Reading cause an upset

League

Southampton 6 - 1 Chelsea

De Bruyne(3), Tomkins, Cork, Fierro

View attachment 268585View attachment 268586

[video=youtube;YeNyScpBz6c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeNyScpBz6c&feature=plcp[/video]

Southampton 5 - 0 Aston Villa

Fierro, Lallana(2), Zaha(2)

View attachment 268587

Reading 1 - 0 Southampton

QPR 1 - 4 Southampton

Fierro, Ocampos, Niang(2)

View attachment 268588

FA Cup

Southampton 2 - 0 Brighton

Cairney, Lallana

West Brom 1 - 4 Southampton

Zaha(2), Lallna(2)

View attachment 268589

Monthly Review

Another awesome month from the lads!!! Except for the Reading game where for some reason we just didn't turn up. The Chelsea game was just incredible, I was watching in pure amazement as we scored goal after goal!! De Bruyne was sensational and Corky grabbed a goal against his old club. Villa were torn apart after that. As well as QPR at the end of the month.

We made it to the final of the FA Cup too this month, we've had a pretty easy run to be fair. I'm just hoping this incredible season can end with us winning both domestic cups, it should give us a rep boost which means bigger players hopefully.

In other news Adam Lallana is favourite for PFA Player of the Year!!

View attachment 268590

I just hope I can hold onto him as he's being linked to a number of clubs.

Player of the Month

Adam Lallana

images

Been sensational this year, been in contention every month I guess I've just got used to his top form.

Table

View attachment 268591

6th is wrapped up and its very unlikely we'll get 5th. So the league is pretty much over for us, I'm going to focus on the FA Cup final so players will be rested next month in preparation for the big game!!

Very nice month with Mr Lallana doing his usual beastness, I myself restarted my save and managed to finish 5th first season and have just finished the second season in 3rd :D

May and End Of Season Awards

fa_cup_finals_1976_southampton.jpg

Southampton team of 1976 beat United 1-0

Incredible month for Southampton football club
Carlos Fierro wins Young Player AND named in Team of the Year
Southampton draw to Blackpool and lose to Everton in build up to FA Cup Final..

League

Blackpool 1 - 1 Southampton

Ocampos

Southampton 0 - 2 Everton

Manchester United 1 - 6 Southampton

Fierro(3), Lallana, Lindegaard OG, Niang

View attachment 268604

[video=youtube;m5UDSD_TIP8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5UDSD_TIP8&feature=plcp[/video]

FA Cup Final

Manchester United 0 - 3 Southampton

Lallana(2), Taiwo

View attachment 268607 View attachment 268609

FA Cup winners to go along with our Capital One Cup!!! We done the Cup double!!! Amazing! Add to that we smashed United at Old Trafford 6-1 on the final day, oh and that loss cost them the title!!! City won it in the end, oops. I actually started Jack Beckham in the FA Cup final, he's done brilliantly when I have played him, well better than Frimpong and he didn't let me down.

Final League Table and Player Stats

View attachment 268608 View attachment 268615

Champions: Man City
Champions League: Man United, Chelsea, Liverpool
Europa League: Arsenal, Southampton, Tottenham
Relegated: Blackpool, Stoke, Bolton

Promoted from Championship: West Ham, Burnley, Leicester

Champions League Winners: Man City on pens against United!!

View attachment 268610

I completely forget to mention, England actually won the Euro's last season :L. Been ranked number 1 in the world for the past year. Got Confederations Cup this summer and Caulker and Lallana have deservedly been called up for the squad :)

Player Awards

images

PFA Player of the Year

1st: Wayne Rooney
2nd: Adam Lallana
3rd: Eden Hazard

View attachment 268611

PFA Young Player of the Year

1st: Carlos Fierro
2nd: Danny Welbeck
3rd: Daniel Sturridge

View attachment 268612

Manager of the Year

1st: Sam Birch
2nd: Sir Alex Ferguson
3rd: Roberto Mancini

View attachment 268613

Players' Team of the Year

View attachment 268614

Season Review

Wow. What a season for us!! Won both of the domestic cup competitions, finished 6th and will compete in the Europa League next year. More than I could ask for, I orginally set this year as a development year as my average squad age is just 20. But towards the end it was like the boys were playing to their full potential!! Fierro has been immense bagging 25 goals this year for us. Lallana has been amazing as well, he's been called up 3 times now for the England squad but is still yet to be capped.

Aims for next season

Get out of our group in the Europa League
Compete for the Top 4 in the league
Retain 1 of our domestic cups

Southampton Player Awards

Player of the Season

Adam Lallana

View attachment 268616

Young Player and Breakthrough Player of the Season

Carlos Fierro

View attachment 268617

Thats all guys!! Thanks everyone for reading, all your comments and likes are appreciated. Its been a hugely successful season. I'm thinking about doing a ''Meet the players'' update if people need? Please let me know

Pre Season

263598d1343839741-southampton-f-c-new-generation-pre-season-pic.jpg

Seydou Doumbia and Thorgan Hazard signed
Many youngsters loaned out for experience
Solid Pre Season as we don't concede a goal

Transfer News So Far

View attachment 268651

Ins

So my biggest summer signing was easily Seydou Doumbia!! I was delighted to get him so cheaply too, Thorgan Hazard was picked up for a bargain price in my opinion. Juan Velez was a player I tried to pick up in January but I was denied a work permit, but as I know have a feeder club in Belgium I can send players too I snapped him up finally and sent him out to our feeder club OH Leuven. Aleman and Rabello were signed for free way back as I'd told you before, Aleman was sent out on loan straight away, both players will be sold next season anyway. I snapped up two young regens a few months back too, Bill Barratt and Jason McNabb.

I also arranged a deal to sign two regens from Brazil, one is Messias who wont join till 2015 as he's only 15 and Rodrigo who joins next summer. Barcelona were after him too!!

View attachment 268653View attachment 268654

Outs

Loads of fringe players left for low fees. Morgan Schneiderlin left for £5m as I want to give young Jack Beckham some valuable game time this season. Ward-Prowse who had a horrible time on loan last year at Oldham joins Bill Barratt and Leon Goretzka on loan at Livingston(another feeder club). Callum Chambers will spend the season at Watford getting some valuable first team football and Sanogo goes back to Nottingham Forest again. Roberto Firmino who kinda flopped last season was loaned for £3.8m and Fiorentina can pay an extra £11.5m if they want to make it permanent, hopefully they will. Rob Phillips was also loaned out as I feel he needs the first team football.

Other News

Sir Alex Ferguson retires from the game, I was favourite but obviously I'm not leaving Southampton... yet ;). AVB took the job and then I was linked with the Spurs job, which they offered me

View attachment 268655 View attachment 268656

I declined, David Moyes who had been sacked by Everton earlier in the summer(another job I was offered).

So far this summer no massive transfer deals, Nelson Oliviera to Arsenal is the biggest. That and Ashley Young to Chelsea!!

View attachment 268657

Adam Lallana was named Supporters Player of the Year, he also joined the Southampton Favoured Person List as well as me!! England came runners up in the Confederations Cup losing 3-1 to Brazil, Caulker and Lallana were in the squad but both didn't play. Fierro did make his Mexico debut though. England are still number 1 in the world though, apparently..

View attachment 268658 View attachment 268659

Our Best 11 for last year was announced, no suprises in there to be honest. Chelsea tried to sign Jack Beckham from us too but he wasn't going anywhere :p

View attachment 268660 View attachment 268661

Pre Season Results

Preston 0 - 3 Southampton

Niang(2), Ocampos

Stevenage 0 - 4 Southampton

Zaha(2), Niang, Rabello

Dagenham & Redbridge 0 - 3 Southampton

Zaha, Tomkins, De Bruyne

Doncaster 0 - 3 Southampton

Taiwo, Doumbia, De Bruyne

Pre Season Review

Solid pre season, not a goal conceded but nothing less than I expect against those sort of teams. I'm chuffed with the signings I've made, Doumbia in particular. Should help us mix it with the big boys and push for a Top 4 place maybe ;). Next update will be August which includes the Charity Shield against City and our Europa League Qualifier against FK Austria Wein!!

August

images

Charity Shield goes to penalties..
Saints through to Europa League group stage after trouncing FK Austria Wien
Jack Beckham scores an absolute screamer
Dramatic league game against Spurs

League

Southampton 2 - 2 Tottenham

Niang(2)

View attachment 268723

Europa League

FK Austria Wien 1 - 2 Southampton

Doumbia(2)

Southampton 6 - 0 FK Austria Wien

Zaha(2), Doumbia(2), Beckham, Fierro

View attachment 268724 View attachment 268725

[video=youtube;muFegwibfDc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muFegwibfDc&feature=plcp[/video]

Community Shield

Man City 2 - 2 Southampton
(City win 5-4 on pens)

Doumbia, Niang

View attachment 268726

Monthly Review

A tricky month, kicked it off with a loss to City on penalties which was heartbreaking. Niang grabbed us a late equaliser to take the tie to peno's but Doumbia missed his and we missed out on another trophy. Next up Spurs in the league and a roundabout of a game!! We went 1-0 down but quickly got one back, then with 6 minutes left we took the lead only for Spurs to grab one back!!! We then had our Europa League qualifier in which the first leg was a bit tight and Doumbia grabbed us a winner. Then the home tie in which we absolutely slaughtered them!! Beckham's goal was insane!! Here's a screenie of our group anyway, I think we could pip Braga to 2nd maybe :)

View attachment 268727

Player of the Month

Seydou Doumbia

Seydou+Doumbia+CSKA+Moscow+v+Alania+Vladikavkaz+vT  nKMQW9Z4ll.jpg

Has to go to the new boy for grabbing us 5 goals this month

I wont post the league table as we've only played 1 game

September

o8fqwqmfe717snpvqhbk.jpeg

Bag two good regens from Scotland
Good start in the Europa League
Luke Shaw scores his first goal for the club
Fierro scores 2 goals in every game!
Smash Chelsea in the Capital One Cup

League

Newcastle 1 - 4 Southampton

Fierro(2), Doumbia, Lallana

View attachment 268813

Norwich 2 - 2 Southampton

Fierro(2)

Europa League

LASK Linz 0 - 5 Southampton

Shaw, Niang, Fierro(2), Lallana

Capital One Cup

Southampton 6 - 0 Chelsea

De Bruyne, Caulker, Fierro(2), Niang, Lallana

View attachment 268814

Monthly Review

A solid month from the boys!! Cracking result against Chelsea, we have such a good record against them its mental!! I snapped up 2 good regens from Scotland, they join in January.

View attachment 268815 View attachment 268816

Pretty happy as I've secured them both on frees :). I'm working on another transfer which will probably be my biggest and most amazing capture yet but I am competing with Juventus for this guys signature.

Jack Beckham Watch

Right I've decided to keep you guys posted on our young star Jack Beckham as he has been immense this season. Really improving his stats too, he's played in every game and is one of the first names on my team sheet.

View attachment 268818

Just look at how his stats are improving, pretty much every single one!! He's well into the Super Sevens on average rating too. Still only just turned 16 too, he's going to be a world class regen.

Player of the Month

Carlos Fierro

carlos_fierro_sub_17_0.png

Easy choice, scoring 8 goals this month.

Tables

View attachment 268819 View attachment 268820

Thanks for reading, comments and likes are always appreciated.​

Last edited:
October

images

Injuries pile up
3 New signings including the big one :p and the most incredible regen
Saints keep on plugging along

Signings

So we grabbed ourselves another 3 signings. Including Oscar from Chelsea!! He'll be joining us in January for £11m!! Also I picked up a good regen from Denmark for absolutely nothing, not a penny. He's also joining in January. These to CM signings will probably spell the end for either Jack Cork or Tom Cairney maybe even both.

View attachment 268860 View attachment 268861

Now onto the regen, signed for a compensation fee of £2.2m, people say hello to Filippo Bertoli!!

View attachment 268862

Seriously look at those stats!! Incredible, think he could become the best regen I've ever had.

League

Southampton 1 - 0 QPR

Lallana

Wolves 1 - 1 Southampton

Doumbia

Europa League

Southampton 2 - 0 Braga

Caulker, Niang

Sevilla 4 - 2 Southampton

Fierro, Doumbia

View attachment 268863

Capital One Cup

Southampton 2 - 0 West Ham

Doumbia(2)

Monthly Review

Patchy month, the Wolves match was tough. Doumbia has been a decent signing in my opinion, and with Oscar coming in I'm hoping I finally have a decent CM partner for Jack Beckham. Braga were brushed aside well considering they were 1st seeds in our group. Sevilla were always going to be the big boys and we gave them a good game but their class shone through as I pushed the boys forward looking for a goal to grab a point.

This month Caulker, De Bruyne and Clyne all picked up injuries lasting up to 2 months each so our squads getting a bit streched.

Player of the Month

Seydou Doumbia

images

Goals Goals Goals

Tables

View attachment 268864 View attachment 268865

Let me know what you think, its been a while since any comments. Especially look forward to views on Filippo Bertoli

Still following and still loving the story. Hopefully push on to something this season with winning another cup. Filippo Bertoli looks pretty good. Still no Aitor but he will do! Also liking the look of Beckham, couple more years and you will just be cruising to the Premiership title.

Still following of course buddy, really really enjoying the story mate especially with all those quality players in your team and the younger players developing and now oscar! and more amazing youngsters! you'll be the league champions before you know it mate!

Real good story! Can't wait for the next update!

What facepack have you got? :)

Brilliant end to last season. Europe with 72 points and a cup win in season 2 is fantastic! Maybe Champions League football in 2014 if you can turn some of those draws into wins!

EDIT!!!

Right sorry guys I fired up FM12 just now and it went back to just before the Sevilla game at the end of the month. So I've had to replay the Sevilla game and West Ham game. Sorry!!

Sevilla 2 - 3 Southampton

Taiwo, Tomkins, Doumbia, Niang

View attachment 269053

Southampton 2 - 0 West Ham

Fierro, Ocampos

View attachment 269054

Sorry guys, thought I'd saved it but obviously not. So the Sevilla game switched to a win 4-2 in my favour this time!!

Thanks for everyone comments, and once again sorry about this​

Yeah mate like 5GB's lol.

Glad you want to start a Saints save I'm loving it :)

Wow! I can't be bothered to download that xD

It is great! I'm struggling to get Jay Rod scoring :( any tips? Did you train him at something?

Also, at the end of this coming season, you should put the save up for download :) Not sure about others, but I like downloading other people's saves and just looking around! :)

Wow! I can't be bothered to download that xD

It is great! I'm struggling to get Jay Rod scoring :( any tips? Did you train him at something?

Also, at the end of this coming season, you should put the save up for download :) Not sure about others, but I like downloading other people's saves and just looking around! :)
There's facepacks you can download off this website too but they aren't cut-outs

He was pretty poor for me which is why I sold him after the first season, I played him as a poacher, Advanced Forward and Target Man. Probably best as an Advanced Forward for me. But I just couldn't get him scoring consistently.

Yeah I'll upload the save after this season if you want, no problem

There's facepacks you can download off this website too but they aren't cut-outs

He was pretty poor for me which is why I sold him after the first season, I played him as a poacher, Advanced Forward and Target Man. Probably best as an Advanced Forward for me. But I just couldn't get him scoring consistently.

Yeah I'll upload the save after this season if you want, no problem

Yeah I forgot xD

Ah fair play :) his report says Target Man, but I've seen him IRL and he seems quite pacey. That'll be cool, thanks!

Yeah I forgot xD

Ah fair play :) his report says Target Man, but I've seen him IRL and he seems quite pacey. That'll be cool, thanks!
Yeah, I don't like playing with Target Men thats the thing. I play with an Advanced Forward and a Poacher. At the mo Fierro is my Poacher and either Doumbia or Niang play in the Advaced Forward role.