Europa League

Southampton 2 - 1 Lokomotiv Moscow

Lallana, Doumbia

Lokomotiv Moscow 2 - 3 Southampton
Saints win 5-3 on agg AET

Fierro(2), Bertoli

View attachment 269677 View attachment 269678

Monthly Review

BANG!! That match against Lokomotiv was insane, what a comeback from the lads and Bertoli stamping himself into every Saints supporters heart with that goal. Elsewhere we're going strong in the FA Cup, the league is really hotting up. We're well out of the title race but well in with a chance of 4th!! Had my first month as Belgium manager too against Japan. The Arsenal match was disappointing as we were so close to 3 points. The United match was tight but I was happy to walk away with a point.

Player of the Month

Oscar

images

Creating loads and smashed in a few too

Table

View attachment 269679

So close!!! And if we win our 2 games in hand we do indeed go 4th. Going to be a thrilling end to the season

Belgium

Belgium 4 - 2 Japan

Lukaku(2), Mirallas(2)

View attachment 269680 View attachment 269681

Good game, disappointed to concede two late goals like that but still a win against a Japan side ranked about 20 places above us.

Good month there mate could i see a SS of your starting eleven by any chance as im interested to see with all those great players?..

April

images

Perfect league form as Saints look ever more likely to be playing Champions League football next year
Crash out of Europa League and FA Cup
Caulker wins POTM and Butland wins YPOTM

League

Sunderland 0 - 2 Southampton

Fierro, Lallana

West Ham 0 - 2 Southampton

Fierro, Caulker

Southampton 2 - 0 Wolves

Caulker, Niang

Everton 0 - 3 Southampton

De Bruyne, Niang, Frimpong

View attachment 269886

Southampton 4 - 0 Burnley

Ocampos(2), Niang, Shackell OG

FA Cup

Manchester United 2 - 1 Southampton

Doumbia

View attachment 269888

Europa League

Southampton 2 - 1 Liverpool

Doumbia, Ocampos

Liverpool 1 - 0 Southampton
Liverpool win on Away Goals

View attachment 269889

Monthly Review

Heartbreaking stuff in the Europa League. Away ****** goals, never mind not everything can go your way in this game and we've had our fair share of luck this season. Also United sent us packing in the FA Cup semi's, they're team is awesome though. Perfect league form though as we didn't leak a single goal all month, fairly easy games though and I'd expect us to win all of them and we did. Ocampos' league form has been sensational during the back end of the season.

Carlos Fierro is favourite for PFA Player of the Year too apparently.

View attachment 269890

Player of the Month

Steven Caulker

steven-caulker-957508553.jpg

Could have gone to Butland but Steven's goals and solid performances helped us this month

Table and Remaining Fixtures

View attachment 269893 View attachment 269891

So all winnable games apart from the Chelsea match, but hopefully we'll have a top 4 spot secured by then.

Last edited:
Well Chelsea doesn't seem to be in form, so why wouldn't you be able to win that too ;)

May - Up to last game of the season

matchpredictions-champ.jpg

Saints secure Champions League football for next season
Brilliant comeback against Swansea
Reading and Villa brushed aside with ease

League

Swansea 2 - 4 Southampton

Niang(2), Lallana, Frimpong

View attachment 269926

Southampton 2 - 1 Aston Villa

Doumbia(2)

Southampton 3 - 0 Reading

Caulker, Fierro, Niang

Monthly Review

Now I bet you're all wondering why I've only posted up to before the last game of the season, this is why...

View attachment 269927 View attachment 269928

United have dropped some serious points this month!!! Now I'll show you the table, this is crazy I literally can't believe it..

View attachment 269929

HOLY SHITBALLS. We're top, 1 point clear of United and 3 clear of Arsenal so there are 3 teams in the mix for the title. The final fixtures of the season for us three are as follows:

Southampton vs Chelsea

Arsenal vs Wolves

Manchester United vs Norwich

Now you'd have to say Arsenal and United are hot favourites for there games, United recently beat Norwich in the FA Cup Final 4-0. Arsenal have a quality side and at The Emirates you'd always back them. Now us against Chelsea... they smashed us 4-1 earlier in the season at Stamford Bridge BUT last season we beat them 6-1 twice!! It really could go either way guys. I'm off to bed now (its 06:00am) I work nights so I'm gonna have a sleep then play the last game in what could be a historic season for the Saints.

Thanks for reading guys, let me know what you think.

Can we do it?? Can I win Southampton there first Premier League title ever?

Final Day of the Season

images

So its come, the final day of the season. A three way battle for the Premier League trophy. The Saints face a Chelsea side that still has plenty of quality but have fallen well short of expectations this season. Manchester United face Norwich and Arsenal face Wolves. Lets remind ourselves of how the league table is looking..

View attachment 270068

A win would seal the title for The Saints, a draw wouldn't be enough if United beat Norwich.

Manchester United 4 - 0 Norwich

Welbeck, Rooney, Cleverley, Valencia

Arsenal 6 - 0 Wolves

Baines, Kalou, Nelson Oliveira, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Mertesacker, Ramsey

I had to win, I didn't know it before the game but both teams quickly took the lead so I knew whilst watching our match that we had to win.

Southampton vs Chelsea

View attachment 270075

8 mins: M'Baye Niang fires in from the edge of the box to give Southampton the lead!!!

22 mins: Juan Mata equalises for Chelsea!! A real poachers goal.

HALF TIME SCORE 1-1

As it stands Southampton will finish 2nd

52 mins: Chelsea break away from a corner and Romelu Lukaku is clean through..... MAKES NO MISTAKE 2-1 Chelsea

58 mins: Taye Taiwo has gone down injured, no Luke Shaw on the bench as he's on international duty. He has to come off looks like a torn calf, Southampton switch to a 3-2-3-1. They're really going to go for this!!

63 mins: Oscar has the ball, spreads it out wide to Lallana who is in bags of space, smashes it Turnbull fumbles the ball and Ramires goes to clear it... OH MY GOD HE'S PUT IT INTO HIS OWN NET!! 2-2 and Southampton need just 1 more goal to win the title!!

94 mins: And that's the full-time whistle... heartbreak for Southampton, joy for United as they secure the title.

View attachment 270076

Devastated, to come so close and be denied by my team Chelsea... just devastated. But all in all an amazing season, I can't be too hard on the boys as we done so well. Here's the final league table

View attachment 270074

PLAYER AWARDS TO FOLLOW, THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO READS THIS STORY, COMMENTS AND LIKES!

Player Awards

images

PFA Player of the Year

1. Nelson Oliveira
2. Wayne Rooney
3. Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

View attachment 270081

PFA Players' Player of the Year

1. Gareth Bale
2. Luka Modric
3. Sergio Aguero

View attachment 270082

Top Goalscorer

1. Nelson Oliveira - 38 Goals!!
2. Carlos Fierro - 26 Goals
3. Wayne Rooney - 25 Goals

View attachment 270083

PFA Young Player of the Year

1. M'Baye Niang
2. Danny Welbeck
3. Jack Wilshere

View attachment 270084

Goal of the Season

1. Ivan Rakitic - Chelsea (vs Aston Villa)
2. Emmanuel Frimpong - Southampton (vs Everton)
3. Nathan Delfouneso - Aston Villa (vs Arsenal)

View attachment 270095

Manager of the Year

1. Andre Villas Boas
2. Sam Birch
3. Mike Phelan

View attachment 270100

Team of the Year

View attachment 270101

Niang, Fierro and Lallana on the bench.

So not too bad in the awards, annoying that none of my lads were involved in the Player of the Year or Players' Player. Nelson Oliveira's goal scoring form was crazy!!!

Southampton Player Awards

Player of the Season

1. Carlos Fierro
2. Adam Lallana
3. M'Baye Niang

View attachment 270139

Young Player of the Season

1. Carlos Fierro
2. M'Baye Niang
3. Luke Shaw

Breakthrough Player of the Season

Lucas Ocampos

View attachment 270142

In Other News...

Chelsea win Champions League Final

View attachment 270144

Arsene Wenger takes over Atletico Madrid
Daniel Sturridge wants to leave Chelsea.. Southampton and Juventus favourites to sign him
Eden Hazard and Ivan Rakitic unhappy at Chelsea
Siphiwe Tshabalala set to leave Southampton after spending pretty much all season injured​

Really enjoying the story mate. Ur doing amazing with Southampton. I started a game with them last week n am currently 4th in 1st season going into march only 6 points behind man city at top. Are u gonna be putting ur save up cos I'd love to have a gander at ur game. KIU will keep following this amazing story

Really enjoying the story mate. Ur doing amazing with Southampton. I started a game with them last week n am currently 4th in 1st season going into march only 6 points behind man city at top. Are u gonna be putting ur save up cos I'd love to have a gander at ur game. KIU will keep following this amazing story
Ta pal, wow thats immense I got no where near the top in my first season!!

Been using 4-1-2-3 unbeatable by hazza with del piero(free) guidetti(loan) n Rochina(725k) up front. Made a few of the same signings u made I.e. caulker on loan n huddlestone £3m also got butland albeit for £13m but he's doing a great job. Del piero is top scorer with 14gls/20games. Not bad for a 37yo veteran in prem. got knocked out of both cups tho but that's let me concentrate everything on league

Been using 4-1-2-3 unbeatable by hazza with del piero(free) guidetti(loan) n Rochina(725k) up front. Made a few of the same signings u made I.e. caulker on loan n huddlestone £3m also got butland albeit for £13m but he's doing a great job. Del piero is top scorer with 14gls/20games. Not bad for a 37yo veteran in prem. got knocked out of both cups tho but that's let me concentrate everything on league
Ahh cool, Caulker is an animal. Huddlestone was **** for me.

I always use my own tactic, might not be as good but I just prefer it

Pre Season

Zlatan+Ibrahimovic+Edinson+Cavani+Gran+Gala+PNFbNZsGwHWl.jpg

Saints make waves in the transfer market
Cavani and Ibrahimovic join
Jack Cork, James Tomkins and Doumbia leave
Brazil win World Cup

Transfer News

View attachment 270340

Ins

Some massive signings for us this window. Cavani and Ibra obviously the big ones, will rotate with Fierro and Niang up top. Also they give us some much needed Champions League experience and quality. Next I boosted our backline with the signings of Gary Cahill, Sebastian Coates and Kurt Zouma. We struggled when one of our centre backs got injured last year so I added some much needed depth and quality too.

Next I snapped up some regens mainly from Germany, and mostly defensive. All quite cheap and all with good potential, most were loaned out. Rodrigo looks quality bagged him last year and he's now finally joined up. Here's screenie's of them.

View attachment 270351View attachment 270352View attachment 270353View attachment 270354View attachment 270355View attachment 270356

Outs

The main surprise on the leaving list might be Jack Cork. I sold him because well I got a good price, he wasn't going to be a starter and I want to give James Ward-Prowse a chance. James had a good loan spell last season at Livingston and deserves a shot at being Oscar's deputy. Doumbia also left because I snapped up Ibra and Cavani. As did Bill Barrett who I singed for £500k and sold for £2.7 with a clause of any profit I get 30% of. Ole Petersen left for a good fee considering I got him for free. Yaya Sanogo left for Forest for a profit again plus sell-on clause. All the others on the list left on loan for experience or they weren't good enough. Roberto Firmino left for just £3.2m after his disaster with us 2 seasons ago and a bad loan spell with Fiorentina.

Other News

Carlos Fierro was named last seasons Player of the Year, Brazil won the World Cup, Roy Hodgson retired and Stuart Pearce took over England. Neymar joined Man City.

View attachment 270362View attachment 270364View attachment 270367View attachment 270368

Southamptons First Team 2014/2015 Season

View attachment 270369 View attachment 270371

Goalkeepers

Jack Butland / Sam Garvey(regen)

Butlands the number 1 without a doubt, but Sam Garvey is a decent keeper in his own right. Signed for £60k 2 seasons ago he's now worth near £500k. Will play Capital One Cup games.

Central Defenders

Steven Caulker / Gary Cahill / Sebastian Coates / Kurt Zouma

All top quality defenders. Caulkers been with us for many years now, the others were signed this summer. Steven Caulker is also vice-captain and an England International.

Right Backs

Nathaniel Clyne / David Maclennan(regen)

Clyne's bee first choice RB for 3 years now and is very reliable, David Maclennan was signed last season and can play anywhere along the backline. Huge help and a good player himself.

Left Backs

Luke Shaw / Taye Taiwo

Luke Shaw came into his own last year, really coming along well and will be first choice this season. Taye Taiwo has been playing for us for 2 years now I think and has been world class, signed for £2.6m he was a bargain.

Central Midfielders

Jack Beckham(regen) / Emmanuel Frimpong / Oscar / James Ward-Prowse / Thorgan Hazard

Jack Beckham came through our youth system and has slipped right into the first team at the tender age of 15 two years ago, been our first choice BWM for 2 years now and will remain for many years to come. Frimpong has been his deputy/rotation and has done well himself. Oscar joined in January from Chelsea and was awesome, Ward-Prowse will be his back up and hopefully can shine himself this year. Thorgan Hazard was signed at a snip from Chelsea and played really well before having injury problems last year.

Right Wing

Kevin De Bruyne / Callum Chambers

Kevin De Bruyne was singed from Chelsea and has been massively impressive constantly a threat from the right side and can smash them in too. Callum Chambers spent last year at Watford and did okay, will be De Bruyne's back up.

Left Wing

Adam Lallana / Lucas Ocampos

Lallana has been simply awesome, the best player over the past 3 seasons without a doubt, team captain too and has provided a ridiculous amount of assists. Lucas Ocampos came into his own in the last 5 months of the season and is developing really well can also play on the right wing perfectly fine.

Strikers

Carlos Fierro / M'Baye Niang / Zlatan Ibrahimovic / Edison Cavani

All four are incredible players. Cavani and Ibra everyone knows. Fierro was incredible last season and Niang was equally immense. Should be plenty of goals with a front line of this.

If anybody wants screen shots of any player please feel free to ask

August

images

Fierro shows Saints that he's still the best man up top
Thriller at the Eithad
Heartbreak once again in the Community Shield

League

Manchester City 3 - 4 Southampton

Fierro(3), Coates

View attachment 270374

Southampton 2 - 2 Fulham

Fierro(2)

View attachment 270375

Community Shield

Manchester United 2 2 Southampton
United win 5-4 on pens

Fierro, Coates

View attachment 270376

Monthly Review

Mixed month. Annoying to lose on pens in the Shield. We were 3-0 up against City after 32 mins and nearly threw it away!!! Coates the hero again though, he's showing me that I made the perfect choice replacing Tomkins with him. The Fulham match was back and forth, a draw was probably the fair result.

The Capital One Cup draw was not kind with Chelsea our opponents, away too. But the Champions League maybe a bit kinder.

View attachment 270377

Okay it was always going to be tough being seeded 3rd, but Shakhtar are beatable!! Maybe not Madrid though...

Player of the Month

Carlos Fierro

images

Do I really need to say why??

Table

View attachment 270378

Belgium

Belgium 5 - 0 Norway

Lukaku(3), De Bruyne, Alderweireld

Belgium 2 - 2 Columbia

Mirallas(2)

Last edited: