"The Titan" <---> OLIVER KAHN is back!

So after signing the new contract, I went to the Board and spoke about plans for future of the club.
With positive discussions, we concluded the following:

View attachment 238294

View attachment 238293

View attachment 238292

I had imagined our season expectations would probably be "Avoid Relegation", "Be competitive" & "Finish in top half"..
No sir! The latter is the least the Board wanted! Euro/Champions Cup Qualification is something they want!

In the end, I settled for the lowest option of a "TOP HALF FINISH"!

View attachment 238291

It's to be seen what the season brings now.

Your. board has a ton of faith in you and is filled with optimists but, I think you can do it

Some of the new signings:

Batuhan Karadeniz is a young ST, only a back-up option actually.
View attachment 238289

Sergi Roberto from Barcelona for approx $2.2m was a no brainer. He is now our highest earner!
View attachment 238281

Ruben Neves on loan from Porto. This kid is going to be a legend soon!
View attachment 238282

Alex Maxim is a good player, and he was available for about $3.5m, and I seized upon the opportunity to bring him here.
View attachment 238283

A senior player to tutor the young players, and a nice creative presence on pitch. Lucho is a pleasant player to have in the dressing room.
View attachment 238284

Koen Casteels. I already got Ben Amos and Hildebrand, but seeing that this guy was available for around $2m, and the fact that he is an actual upgrade on both the aforementioned GK's, well, here he is!
View attachment 238285

My favorite of the lot. A player I adore. (On FM he joins my time no matter what! I HAVE to buy him- look at his stats!) Josue is a gem of a player, amazing set pieces, and offers a lot of creative options!
View attachment 238286

Available on a free- a reliable, solid LB/LWB/ML. Fuchs is experienced in the Bundesliga, and he would compete for a starting place with Sallahi.
View attachment 238287

A senior CB was always gonna come in to the team, and I found Cho Hyung to fit the bill. Sadly, he got injured after agreeing to the deal, and out for 6 months. He'll be fit in the next couple of months now.
View attachment 238288

Slobodan Rajkovic, ex Chelsea player is a reliable CB who joined us for free.
View attachment 238280

View attachment 238263

A very average pre-season for us. Defeated low league teams, while faced tough challenge against teams equivalent to us. Not too concerned, as pre-season was to get fitness up, judge old players whether they would remain in the team or be sold, and for new players to gel.

German Cup 1st round against a team playing way way down the league hierarchy! Comfortable result, absolute domination! Baker on loan from Chelsea won the MOTM award!
View attachment 238256

Argh! Kaiserslautern were promoted along with us from 2.Bundesliga, and having beaten them twice the last season, I was confident (over confident?) we would get a similar result.
2 players injured towards the end.
We dominated, more possession, more chances, but no goal to show.
View attachment 238255

Welcome to Bundesliga, Kahn! I guess that's what the results are telling us!
Having won the w.Bundesliga comfortably last season, we are having a reality check now!
Lucky to sneak a point, though!
View attachment 238254

With a couple of games gone, I am starting to doubt our survival chances in the league, let alone a top half finish!
It's a cruel league, and we are a team with majority of the players having joined this summer.

View attachment 238253

What a game! What a performance! Josue, take a bow! A stunning free kick and another well taken goal. Precious, precious 3 points to take some pressure off us!
View attachment 238240
And here I am at the end of the 90 minutes!
View attachment 238238

Josue duly rewarded- POTW!
View attachment 238237

Sallahi. Advanced left wing position. I am doing a Harry "Houdini" Redknapp in turning this guy Bale-ish!
Great performance absolutely. 4 games, 2 wins, a draw and a loss...
Bundesliga!!
View attachment 238236

The close of the transfer window, here's how things ended in the league with transfers.
We bought in 34 new players, but we also shipped out 26!
As such now we are considerably stronger, a better depth, and much more competitive!
View attachment 238012

A new addition to the backroom staff, a legendary player joins as a coach.
View attachment 238011

Thats a lot of player movement! Some good buys but will be a challenge to get them to gel. Good luck & KIU!

Thats a lot of player movement! Some good buys but will be a challenge to get them to gel. Good luck & KIU!

Selling 26 players I had to do that.

The good part is some players were on loan last year for us- Santi Mina, James Wilson, Ryan McLaughlin, Moi Gomez, Jordan Ibe, Lewis Baker, Ben Amos & Eric Dier.
Among them, Dier, Mina, Baker, Wilson are important players, McLaughlin as well would start most of the games. Amos is solid & reliable.
Hence, the sort of disturbance expected wouldn't be as drastic I reckon.
The first few games were on and off, but the team is picking rhythm now.
Sallahi & Materazzi are a couple of old players who would be regular starters.

Josue is a class AM, I would recommend him for any club in need of a player to unlock defences and for those key passes!

Worked on a new tactic to suit the team and the system, and played a couple of friendlies in the international break.

Here are the results.
View attachment 238008

The 1st game we scored a goal, then conceded 3- 2 from free kicks (1 directly, the other headed, & the 3rd goal was a penalty!). But the lads kept up the tempo and won the game in the end.

The next game I tweaked defensive set-pieces, and the result was a superb win!

In case anyone wondering, young KAHN, ie, David Kahn CAN NOT play atleast till 2018 I guess.
He was born in 2003, and is only 12 right now (screenshot shows 14 as that's the lowest age in game).
So until he's 14/15/6 he can't feature to play!
Sad, but by that time when he is ready to play, he is going to be HUGELY SUCCESSFUL!!

Wow, that's an insane number of transfers!

Might want to focus training on "Team Cohesion" here at the beginning of the season... ;)

Wow, that's an insane number of transfers!

Might want to focus training on "Team Cohesion" here at the beginning of the season... ;)

I leave training of all sorts upon the Asst!
I have Ballack at that now, so not really worried when the season began. :)

View attachment 238004

Last edited:
Implemented the new tactic, and it took late into the game to secure an important victory.
View attachment 237994

Mina was injured at the half hour mark, and we were down a goal, but it was Wilson's brilliance that won us this game, and he finished with a 9.9 rating!
View attachment 237993
And was duly rewarded with the POTW award.
View attachment 237992

Leverkusen are a very strong team, and we gave them a good contest! Baker won the POTM though we lost!
View attachment 237991