"The Titan" <---> OLIVER KAHN is back!

In the CL 1st round knock-out, we play THE MIGHTY REAL MADRID!
View attachment 233481
Hopefully it'll be a learning time for the lads, and though I wouldn't be expecting any miracles, What I am hoping is that we give Real a run for their money!

Calhanoglu has had a wonderful year, and aside that injury, he has scored and assisted goals throughout.
Deserves the Turkish POTY award!
View attachment 233480

We enter the month of January, and we welcome a few new signings.
Cleiton- a GK for the future, Suso was available cheap, and I went ahead for him to strengthen the attacking midfield area, Flanagan is a solid cover for the full back positions, Kolodziejczak comes in to offer competition to Sallahi, Matias Romero and Kolby Worthington are players for the future!
View attachment 233479

JANUARY REVIEW & TRANSFER CLOSE

There was just the one game in January- league game against Hertha.
We occupy 2nd place after 17 games going into the 2nd half of this season, battling with Bayern for the title, and facing competition from Dortmund, Schalke, BMG, Leverkusen et al!

We were running over our wage bill, and the board wouldn't even allow me to adjust the excess transfer funds to be allocated into wages, strange! They said we are already paying a lot in salaries, and that there would be no talks to alter that this season.
So that meant, to allow me to buy a few players, I had to sell a few of my players first!
Selling the high earners would free up wages faster, and it was a time to make some key decisions, and also, selling key players I had to make sure I should replace them well...

The first player I agreed to sell was Joaquin Arzura. A DM/CM, he had played a major role in our run this season, and was often among the 1st names to feature on the team sheet. But that said, I wasn't much impressed by him.
I needed something more from my half back, and Arzura given all the chance didn't deliver that!
A $20m+ profit on the player, and the deal was done!
View attachment 233443

Just when I was considering who to get to replace and strengthen our squad, I came to know of the availability of an experienced midfielder. A little over $3m fee, and a very moderate wage demand saw me confirm the signing for NURI SAHIN!
View attachment 233439

And then came another player for the same position, but a player highly coveted!
More expensive both in fees and wages, but he should become a key part of the team immediately.
LUCAS ROMERO!
View attachment 233441

While finalizing the Sahin deal, Dortmund made an enquiry for Morata.
Now, Morata is a very good player, and had played well, but with the form of Lucas Ocampos, and a number of other players to choose from, I let Morata leave for a fee above $15m (he joined us for under $7m), and was on $60k/w wages. All the good luck to him, and we thank him for his services!
View attachment 233433

The next player to leave was Arda Turan. He is 30, on $100k/w wages, and joined us for ~$6m. We made a $10m+ profit, and freed up a huge amount in wages!
View attachment 233437

And immediately I looked to invest the Turan money for a player who can become a top class attacking midfielder!
OLIVER from Atletico for about 60% of Turan's fee, and 60% of Turan's wages.
Just hoping he performs as well as, if not better than Turan!
View attachment 233434

Vice captain and 1st choice center back Juan Jesus was next to go. On $90k/w wages, he was among the top earners. There's no doubting his quality, but I was looking to change a few things. With Manolas, Yanga-Mbiwa, Coates, Niklas Stark and a few youngsters, I let Jesus leave for $36m. He had joined for $15m, so that's again a top top profit! The players were unhappy with the sale, but I convinced them we would strengthen in the summer!
View attachment 233442

I bought another youngish CB for depth. I am in awe of those attributes, but find it surprising my scouts don't really rate him though!
View attachment 233438

The solitary competitive game this month, and we won it convincingly! 3-1 against Hertha, with Corentin Jean scoring a brace!
View attachment 233423

Players Ins and Outs, and overall fees paid and received this year!

IN
View attachment 233425

OUT
View attachment 233424

I sold Khouma Babacar, Leandro Damiao, Lucas Piazon and
Lucas Andersen this window as they weren't performing up to the mark, all for slight profits..

They had been inconsistent and never found their feet here!

Also, I've retained 50% from any future sales...

Calhanoglu has been absolutely immense!

Lewis Baker hasn't impressed as much, since he cost quite a bit, and I had handed him the captain's armband!

Lucas Ocampos has been the surprise package! 2nd highest scorer in the league so far, behind by just 1 goal after 20 games.. and has scored over 20 goals in all competitions..

Sallahi has improved defensively, and still attacks, though he's matured a lot more this season.

Jeronimo Rulli is a wonderful keeper, and he's had shots being struck at him constantly in some games, and has single handed kept us in a few games, earning us a point, or 3 at times!!

Kostas Manolas has turned into a top center back, no nonsense defensively, and a threat at set pieces... he's composed and reliable.

Lucas Romero is a rock. As powerful. Playing half back, he shields the defense well, and has a powerful shot in him. .

Nuri Sahin, De Sciglio, Munir have stepped up and they put in good performances...

Oliver is skillful, and has slotted into the team with ease. He's scoring goals and assisting as well...

Pardo, Kuhl, Suso, Flanagan, Zivkovic, Jovic do a job when called upon, and are rotation options so far, but would become integral members with time...

FEBRUARY REVIEW

Lucas Ocampos continuing his fine form! Immense player for us this season, an inspired signing!
It took us over an hour to score the first goal in a game that we comfortably dominated. Oliver has gelled well into the team and started contributing!
View attachment 233251

A slightly rotated team this one, we have a few players on the injury table, and face Real Madrid 3 days from this game. 2 goals going into half-time, and 3-0 up within the hour. Oliver again the key player here!
View attachment 233250

Our toughest game of the season in my opinion, and the most challenging one.
Real Madrid were sitting top of the Spanish League, and comfortably so.
The line up I went with is that soaks up the max pressure. The team defends as a unit, and attacks on the counter, hoping to hurt the opposition with the 5 attacking players...
While defending, most of the players get back to contribute.
View attachment 233249

As expected, Madrid absolutely dominated the game. But we gave them an absolute good test! It wasn't easy for them, and for a moment there at 2-1 we started dreaming! But Ronaldo's brilliance- he scored one quickly after we led, and then scored a goal in closing moments to ****** all the points away from us!
View attachment 233248
We go to the second stage with 2 away goals, and if we can win by a solitary goal, 1-0 or 2-1, we would be proud of our achievements!

Another game where Ocampos scored. And Zivkovic has also started to contribute in the games. Very good team performance.
View attachment 233247

2 games back, Bayern were the leader- 2 points ahead of us.
In the last 2 games, we secured victories, while Bayern drew both those games!
View attachment 233246

The number of shots!!!
Frankfurt had only 5 shots, 1 on target, which went for a goal sadly!
Wins like these, and we would stay clear of Bayern for sure!
View attachment 233242

This was terrific! To defeat Schalke like this! 50/50 in possession, but we kept attacking them, and hurt when we got the chance!
View attachment 233241

2-1 down at half time away from home... we raised our game in the 2nd half to attack, attack, attack!
And ultimately got the goals, and the victory!
View attachment 233240

MARCH REVIEW

Facing Real Madrid again in the 2nd leg, I saw they had lost a game against Sociedad, and drew the previous game.
Sociedad went with a traditional 4-4-2, and I went with the same this time.
Sallahi advanced left midfielder, Calhanoglu- free role...
View attachment 233235

And it paid off!
A goal to start, and then Calhanoglu scored an absolute screamer from distance. Courtesy the 2 away goals, we go through to the next round on Madrid's expense!
View attachment 233234

Lucas Ocampos. Hat-trick! A very dominant performance and victory! The team looks focused and up to the challenge now!
View attachment 233233

There's probably no team from the following I wished to be drawn with. The QF stage draw is so tough!!!
That said, City have parted company with their manager, sit 7th in the league, and Yaya is going to miss the games!
View attachment 233232

This game seemed to end as a draw. There were times I felt we would even lose this one! We seemed like bottling it up late into the game. But Suso came on as a sub and scored 2 important goals!
View attachment 233231

One of the best performances of the season. As a team, and individually for Ocampos!
Relentless attacking and with a point to prove to our competitors! We gave our fans one of the best display this season!
View attachment 233230

After 26 games, this is how the league table looks like!
View attachment 233228

A very eh/meh Youth Intake!
View attachment 233227

LUCAS OCAMPOS so far this season!
View attachment 233225

I had been contacting Barcelona over a fee to sign Munir. He was a rotation option, but still effective.
All our advances were rejected, and having had him feature over the last month, I saw his value dropping!
That's when I realized his contract was ending within 6 months!
View attachment 233226
Amazing capture this one!

Re caught up with this doing well and beating Real is impressive especially with a small amount of CL experience.

Also you do know you don't have to buy a new squad every year. That said some really good transfers

I'll go with a core group of key players, and then get rid of the ones who don't feature over the season or not in the plans, and replace them with better players.

Also, I am a week bit on the miserly side when it comes to contracts. Any player asking too much money, and I'd rather sell him. Have always done that on all my saves. Currently have Calhanoglu on $125k/w, and he is the key player. No one exceeds that wage.

Again, if a player makes a wish to move away, I'd rather sell him than keep him against his wishes. Ylli Sallahi was an exception before this season, and he's one of the key players...

Sallahi, Manolas, Rulli, Sciglio, Romero, Baker, Calhanoglu, Ocampos are my major players, and I'd like to retain them.

That said, at times when clubs like City, PSG, Bayern, the Spanish giants and other top clubs, they make a bid for a player, it becomes a fight for managers at other clubs that they are destined to lose.

I will only buy players to replace the ones outgoing, and youth players...

This season also, the number of players I brought in was in accordance with the number of players sold...

And well, who says a no to huge profits!

I'll go with a core group of key players, and then get rid of the ones who don't feature over the season or not in the plans, and replace them with better players.

Also, I am a week bit on the miserly side when it comes to contracts. Any player asking too much money, and I'd rather sell him. Have always done that on all my saves. Currently have Calhanoglu on $125k/w, and he is the key player. No one exceeds that wage.

Again, if a player makes a wish to move away, I'd rather sell him than keep him against his wishes. Ylli Sallahi was an exception before this season, and he's one of the key players...

Sallahi, Manolas, Rulli, Sciglio, Romero, Baker, Calhanoglu, Ocampos are my major players, and I'd like to retain them.

That said, at times when clubs like City, PSG, Bayern, the Spanish giants and other top clubs, they make a bid for a player, it becomes a fight for managers at other clubs that they are destined to lose.

I will only buy players to replace the ones outgoing, and youth players...

This season also, the number of players I brought in was in accordance with the number of players sold...

And well, who says a no to huge profits!

Some nice profits for the club I was joking but, you seem be very busy during windows. No one can argue with the results second league to beating Real Madrid in such a short amount of time

Some nice profits for the club I was joking but, you seem be very busy during windows. No one can argue with the results second league to beating Real Madrid in such a short amount of time

Aye.. those players are amazing there..
And the Bundesliga, you can get up in the top 3 easily with any team given the right players amd tactics...
Upsetting Bayern is the final hurdle though...

April has shown the other side to the team, and that should be in the later update.
There's games against Bayern, twice against City, and the run down to Bundesliga close, the German Cup semi final...

I go bargain hunting in the transfer window, as look for deals that would work out for the club. Profitable, improving the team, and so on..
A few of the youngsters I had picked earlier have just not been up to the scratch, and it's time to move them on...

At home we have been a very good and dominant team, and very Scrooge-like defensively...
Calhanoglu's individual brilliance meant we went through to the next round...

I am in July now, and the season got over. updates would be later...

the big news is that Kostas Manolas who had been immense for me wanted to join Liverpool, and all my arguments to hold him back were of no avail. he was valued at $18m, so I thought good enough, a $30m+ deal amd 50% sell on would be great...
my shock when 3 clubs made bids of $20.5m which I could neither reject, nor negotiate.. dude had a f****** release clause and I never bothered to remove that or pay attention to!

Niklas Stark was on $25k/w and wanted a whopping $90k/w contract. sold for $20m!

biggest obstacle atm is Lucas Ocampos who is wanted by Bayern, PSG and other top clubs.. he is on $55k/w, but now wants over $180k/w!
no one's bid for him yet, neither is he unhappy or anything, but I'm braced for a bid for him nevertheless!
De Sciglio wanted a move, Man City made an offer for double his value negotiated to 50% of resale value.

a lot of my players when wanted by other players simply wanted out. if their mind's not here, they are out!

there's been a good amount of ins and outs, unfortunate outs as I can't do anything about that, and ins to strengthen the team!

all in all AFAIK, I've significantly strengthened the first 11, and the squad depth!

now I probably need a left back to challenge Sallahi, and most of my business is done!

APRIL REVIEW- A MONTH OF HEART BREAKS!

This month we played our CL QF games against Manchester City, and also the title decider against Bayern. Starting the month sitting atop with a slender 2 point advantage, well, what we did is here to be seen!

We should have won the game. We left it too late to equalize, with no time to find the winner!
View attachment 232451

Leverkusen dictated and controlled the game! The only difference was in front of the goal, where we took our chances well to grab the win.. and also Jedvaj who earned the red made it easier for us later to hang on to the lead.
View attachment 232450

City are a very strong team, and they twice came from behind to go back with 2 away goals and a draw. Earning a positive result at The Etihad isn't something that I'm expecting, but hoping against hope we hold on strong in the away leg!
View attachment 232449

And there it goes! Our chances to cause an unlikely upset. We have dropped points recently, and this was the 6-pointer if I must say so!
View attachment 232448

But still, we achieve our targets for the season!
View attachment 232447

And well, out of the CL! We held strongly, and didn't let City score for a long time, and inspite them being a man down, they went on to win and qualify through!
View attachment 232446
It was a very good learning experience for us, expected to be out of the group stages, we caused some huge upsets, and failed against the mighty City!

2 consecutive losses followed by this- the third! Our chances to finish 1st all but gone! A very poor performance.. Most of the first choice players were tired after 3 tough games, so the fringe players didn't really offer much of a resistance here!
View attachment 232443

This was better, winning against our rivals. Dictated the game, controlled, and finished it well!
View attachment 232442

A perfect game. Good display of football, attacking style, and getting the 3 points!
View attachment 232441

MAY REVIEW

After the disappointing April month we had, I just wanted this season to end, and wanted the players to give the fans some reason to smile!

This was an ideal performance, solid all around.
View attachment 232421

We got the victory, most important thing. Wasn't as easy as those stats make it seem like.
View attachment 232420

Not the ideal way to finish this season off. A bad display for the final league game.
View attachment 232419

Well, some reason to celebrate! We win the German Cup for the 2nd time in a row!
View attachment 232418

And that's how the season ended in the Bundesliga!
View attachment 232417

EUROPE REVIEW

LIVERPOOL win the PL! Man City had a poor season..
View attachment 232413

Barca & Madrid dominate the La Liga!
View attachment 232412

PSG & Monaco dominate the French Ligue 1!
View attachment 232411

FC Porto win the Portuguese league.
View attachment 232410

No surprises as Juve continue their amazing domination in the Serie A!
Both the Milan clubs, Lazio & Napoli didn't quite have seasons as expected!
View attachment 232409

City went all the way into the finals after beating us, only to be defeated by Man Utd!
7 different winners in 7 years!
View attachment 232408

Well thats some sad ending to a very good season!

Thanks mate... We were sort of over-achieving as some would say, but these are some very good players who went on to exceed all around!

$38m fee for De Sciglio, and he left to join Manchester City. I mean LOOK AT HIS WAGES!!! F****** WAGES!
View attachment 232383

Manolas unfortunately had a $20.5m release clause which was exploited by a number of teams, and he chose to join Liverpool. Again, LOOK AT HIS WAGES!
View attachment 232382

PLAYERS IN ON 1st JULY
18 players here, 9 are under 20, and 9 are above.
Of them, Paredes and Conca, Alcacer, Munir, Cahill are back-ups.
De Vrij, Mario Fernandes & Shawcross would be among the preferred starting defense joining Sallahi,
& AOC replaces Lucas Ocampos who departed for Real Madrid bringing us $49m in fees!
View attachment 232381
View attachment 232380
View attachment 232379

Great signing in the Ox.

I have a feeling about next season man...you've got this. :D

EDIT: Insane wages indeed! Typical Money-bags City!