"The Titan" <---> OLIVER KAHN is back!

Great signing in the Ox.

I have a feeling about next season man...you've got this. :D

EDIT: Insane wages indeed! Typical Money-bags City!

I lost many players- they were wanted by clubs higher in rank than us, and they all departed.
Again, I went for a number of players, most of them young who would be useful in some time, a few to hit the ground running, and a few seniors to provide experience!

PRE-SEASON

8 pre-season friendlies, and 1 super-cup game. We had a long pre-season this time to gel in the new players.
It all started too well, until we faced the tougher teams.
View attachment 232375

Unfortunate in the Super-Cup. We went better than last year against Bayern, and gave them a tough game. A draw, and then the luck in penalties. No worries yet, though!
View attachment 232374

In other news, portugal approached me to take over their national team. I said a yes, just want to get a taste of managing a nation!
View attachment 232373

View attachment 232372

Season expectations for Karlsruhe...
View attachment 232371

Team Reports- some facts from the league
View attachment 232370

TRANSFERS: PLAYERS OUT

View attachment 232364
View attachment 232363
View attachment 232362

Aaron Kuhl wanted to join Spurs.
Yanga-Mbiwa wanted out once Everton showed an interest.
Flanagan didn't feature in my plans for the forthcoming season.
De Sciglio wanted to move to a club ranked higher. And wages!
Manolas had a release clause and wanted to move to a higher club.
Niklas Stark wanted almost 4 times more money!
Coates, Corentin Jean & McLaughlin weren't in my plans for the season.
Ruben Pardo is a good player, and he was gonna be in the fringes, so I sold him so he could play regularly.
Kolodziejczak didn't impress, GK Crowe is young and I sold him so he could play regularly, Salih Ucan was unsettled.
Suso again is talented, no doubt, but he was not gonna make it to the first team regularly.
Marian Sarr never impressed.
Lucas Ocampos was a key player, but he wanted to move to pastures new, and rich! He left for Real Madrid.
Erick Torres didn't really fit in and wasn't consistent.
Nathan Baker was only a player to provide depth.
Players sent on loans to gain experience.
And the ones who were not going to play in the team were released.

TRANSFER: PLAYERS IN

View attachment 232351
View attachment 232350

Bustos is a young RWB/RM/AMR. Most of the fee in instalments.
Brandon barker is a talented winger and came on a free, no brainer!
Munir was very good for us last season, and on a free, couldn't say no to that!
Pisano, Vega, Scholz, Poveda are young players for the future.
Alcacer is talented and was deemed surplus to requirements at Barca. He would add competition to the position.
Sascha Horvath on a free, one for the future! He's gone on loan to gain experience.
Cahill on a free to bring in experience to our defence.
Shawcross to add steel to the back 4.
Mays and Tran are young players.
Conca was on a free, and wanted him to bring in some experience and to tutor the young lads.
Mario Fernandes to replace De Sciglio as the starting RB. He is solid defensively!
AOC to replace Ocampos, De Vrij to replace Manolas, Papadopoulos to add to depth at CB.
Paredes was available for cheap and one for the future.
Rob van der Meulen is a RB for the future.
Dani Alves on a free to provide depth and competition.
Lange & Fofana for the future.
Kondogbia came pretty cheap given his potential. He would be a part of 3-man midfield, accompanying Romero & Baker.
Baldaia & Alves young players.
Murru adds depth at LB.
Garcia, Gentile, Mena & Pedroso for the future.
Timo Horn is a very good keeper. We exploited his release clause, This happened during the time Rulli wanted out, but I convinced him to stay for the time being.
Fischer to compete with Munir.
Venancio came on loan- the only player! He is 17 years old, but I see CR in him! He's Portuguese, and has a $25m clause if we opt to buy him!
Mattia Destro came for ~$10m! A bargain at that price. Bought him so that no other team could!
Savic, Asplund and Hubner for the future.

AUGUST REVIEW

First game, German Cup 1st round. We battered our opposition! Total domination!
View attachment 232343

Zivkovic scored a hat-trick to stake claim for regular football. We dominated the game and won comfortably.
View attachment 232342

Away at Kaiserslautern, and we played like the home team. Calhanoglu is AWESOME!!!
View attachment 232341

It was the Kondogbia show! A rare hat-trick for the midfielder to take us top of the table- 3 games, 3 wins, 3 clean sheets!
View attachment 232340

Champions League Group Draw
I guess we should qualify from the group at 2nd place behind Real. That's my aim!
View attachment 232339

View attachment 232338

SEPTEMBER REVIEW

Another clean sheet, another 3 points. This is the season I am hoping to cause some serious trouble to Bayern!
Horn had an amazing game between the sticks, saving everything that came his way!
View attachment 232333

INTERNATIONAL GAMES: WC 2018 QUALIFIERS

Eder was the best player on the pitch. I brought a number of young players into the squad, and offered debuts to some of them.
View attachment 232332

A tough game, where we dominated but failed to win. Still, we are definitely on track to qualify from our group!
View attachment 232331

1st group game in CL, and we demolished the Partizan team!
View attachment 232330

Our players on the injury table- unfortunate!
View attachment 232329

1st goal conceded in the league this season and dropped points. I'm glad we drew this- there's some pressure off this way- winning every game!
View attachment 232328

Dominated and defeated Schalke with ease.
View attachment 232326

The MOTM
View attachment 232327

OCTOBER REVIEW

CL game against Basel. We dominated again, with Kondogbia scoring a brace. 2 wins in 2!
View attachment 232318

AOC the winner here. Scored his 1st goal for us. He contributes a lot from the right wing! We dominated and got the result we wanted.
View attachment 232317

INTERNATIONAL GAMES: WC 2018 QUALIFIERS

An easy game this one. It was Ronaldo's 150th game for Portugal and he scored a goal. Venancio, the winger from Porto who is on loan with us at KSC started and was the MOTM! He's only 18!!
View attachment 232316

We qualify!
View attachment 232315

Ireland in 2nd position in our group. But absolute domination. It's the same tactic for club and nation!
View attachment 232314

This was the big one! Finally we defeated Bayern. Scored a goal, and kept the defence tight! With Rulli the man to make all difference between the posts!
View attachment 232313

After 9 games, we lead the Bundesliga!
View attachment 232312

CL game against Real, and this time again we showed our strength! A perfect team performance.
*Real are languishing in the 9th position in La Liga.
View attachment 232311

Destro showed his quality in this game. We dominated this game again, away from home. Goals, and 3 points!
Bayern- Catch us if you can!
View attachment 232310

Well, Jeronimo Rulli has a $49.5m release clause, and he in no way wants to listen to contract offers... and also, some top clubs are interested him! I don't want to sell him, but with that release clause I can't do anything! Also, if given an option, I'd rather sell him for $45m or so and 50% sell on!

Richairo Zivkovic is wanted by a number of clubs. Like serious inquiries! He is valued at $27m now, and he's performed very well with amazing potential.

Lucas Romero is generating interest from everywhere. He has been immense, but now wants to move on to other clubs.

Dani Alves wanted more playing time, and when I asked him to show some patience, he threatened to go against me with a few other players and make life difficult for me. He's going to barely play anytime now, and he's transfer listed, with Spurs paying us $2.6m and 50% sell on.

This is basically the reason why I have to invest in a large group of players. Mostly young who are technically gambles, and might pay off, or not!
And also, players as rotation options just in case any of my key player is picked up in the middle of the season by someone else, so the others might step in having been accustomed over those few months!

NOVEMBER REVIEW

German Cup game 2nd round, and I was ****** sure we were going out! I mean really! 75-80 mins gone, and despite our domination, we had nothing to show for it! Until very late, the boys got 2 quick goals to get us the victory and take us to the next round! Phew!!!
View attachment 231961

Unfortunate injury to the young Baker! He is our captain, and a very reliable player!
View attachment 231960

Yo! We were lucky here! Seemed like a point would be a fair take out from the game, but Jovic came on as a sub and scored the winner. For a change here we were on the back foot all game!
View attachment 231959

That's more like it! A controlled and composed performance to win us the game with ease!
View attachment 231958

INTERNATIONAL FRIENDLY

A rotated team with many fringe players given a platform to impress. Josue was the pick of the lot!
View attachment 231957

Back to the domestic league, and this game again we were on the back foot, allowing Hamburg to control majority of the game. But nevertheless, 3 points & a win!
View attachment 231956

DECEMBER REVIEW

We weren't at our best this game, but nevertheless, I'd take 3 points anyhow!
View attachment 231945

After the win against Stuttgart, here's how the league table looks like!
View attachment 231944

Crazy crazy Cup game this one! Goals galore! It was 3-3 at one point shortly after half time, but post that, it was only one way traffic! Venancio- the young lad on loan had a terrific game!
View attachment 231943

A tough game, and before the game started I'd have settled for this score and result!
View attachment 231942

We controlled the game, had more chances- same old story! But couldn't get the winning goal. Not to worry, we still topped our group and enter the knock out stage!
View attachment 231941

Ouch! Tough result. We were dominant, but unlucky! Didn't make the most of our chances, and ultimately had to pay for it!
View attachment 231940

Better! Calhanoglu scoring a brace! Amazing amazing player here!
View attachment 231932

League table mid-way through the season.
View attachment 231933

An easy game there, the easiest draw imo!
View attachment 231937

View attachment 231930

View attachment 231931

TRANSFER SAGAS!

First up, I went to seal the deal for Venancio- the young winger on loan from FCP. He's a Portugal international, and very talented. We had a $25.5m clause that could be activated anytime and the player would be ours subject to personal agreement. We went to deal with Porto, and after a long drawn negotiation battle, we finally agreed upon the following fee:
View attachment 231726

View attachment 231725

Lucas Romero had been immense for us, but had his eyes on a bigger move now! Undoubtedly we would miss his presence in the midfield, but $55m and 50% sell on was better than having a player whose head and heart was not here one hundred percent!
View attachment 231724

View attachment 231723

Next up was Rulli! Our vice captain, and an amazing player! But he again like Romero wanted a move, and all my attempts at convincing him went futile. Ultimately, PSG again came calling With $2m less than his release clause, but 50% sell on! Though the fee is spread over 40 months- not that we need that money immediately anyway!
View attachment 231722

View attachment 231721
View attachment 231720
MY MY! LOOK AT THOSE WAGES!! He was on about 20% of that wages here!

A cheap transfer fee, and his experience in the middle of the pitch meant this was a no brainer!
Khedira has tonnes of experience, and would be a much needed experienced presence for us. Only a rotation/back-up option, he'd be important both on and off the pitch!
View attachment 231718

Losing Romero required replacing him with quality! And Verratti was available cheaply being transfer listed and unwanted at Chelsea!
View attachment 231719

Real Madrid came calling on deadline day for our captain! Lewis Baker left for a fee of $38m having been an amazing player for us! We wish him all the luck in the world!
View attachment 231717

View attachment 231716

JANUARY REVIEW

The shortest month in terms of playing competitive soccer.
After the winter break and a great amount of transfer saga, we returned to focus on football.
3 friendlies and 2 league games.
View attachment 231686

30 shots to 2 shots. 64% possession to 36%... and yet we win 2-1! It seemed this game would end 1-1 till the very end. We are dominating games big time, but only just scrapping the wins!
View attachment 231688

OUCH! Dominated again, but somehow lost this one! Failed to show for our domination and lost rightly so!
View attachment 231687

TRANSFER WINDOW UPDATE: KARLSRUHE FC

PLAYERS IN

View attachment 231682
View attachment 231681

PLAYERS OUT

View attachment 231680

Samir handanovic to replace Rulli, and to slowly let Timo Horn take over.
View attachment 231675

Jose Maria Gimenez... I flirted with buying all through the season. Offering even $25-30m to PSG!
And he was finally listed for $5.5m!!
Because Barca had also bid for him and were in negotiations, I offered him high wages (he was content with $80k/w)...
View attachment 231674

This guy looks solid, scouted him for a long time before finally bringing him here!
View attachment 231673

Ruben is a reliable left back.. Plays for Portugal, he comes into the team to offer Sallahi competition!
View attachment 231672

Pastore. Listed for ~$13m! No brainer.
View attachment 231671

FEBRUARY REVIEW

Derby game against our fierce rivals. We kept our concentration up and got the important result!
View attachment 231386

It was an even and a tough game... Paco & AOC got the goals, but Hoffenheim looked like they could hurt us anytime! But the boys kept it tight defensively, and we came back with 3 important away points!
View attachment 231385

A clean sheet after so long. Timo Horn started at goal, and while we were dominant and absolutely ruthless, the opponent goalkeeper won the MOTM award!
View attachment 231384

I went with a slightly rotated team here, and Ouch at the result! I thought it would be an easy game, a cake walk! But it was anything but!!! Shawcross was good at the back, but our attack let us down here unfortunately! Still, Kobenhavn are to come back at our place, and maybe we'll teach them there a few lessons!
View attachment 231383

A very tough game this one! Schalke would curse their luck. They had almost twice the number of shots, and a lot more possession, but we somehow managed to steal all 3 points!
View attachment 231382

The goals are just not coming! We are winning games with a single goal of late! Alcacer is on a fine run at the moment, and this game again he scored an early goal after which we more or less allowed Mainz to have the bulk of chances, but came away with all the points!
View attachment 231381

This was a strange one! For around 2 years I have been after this guy, and bids over $20m were rebuffed by Dortmund! But this time, well well well... We get a young decent central defender, German, for way way less than what should be his fee, or the wages!
View attachment 231379