The Transfer Rumour Thread 2010/11

• Thread starter Thread starter Lee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 307K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aaah shaddap. :P Yeah, I know, and my friends have been taking the **** out of me for it, but I dunno... there's something about transfer windows under Houllier that makes me like him. A lot. Also, recent upturns in form, allied with a lowering of expectations, realisation of the good things he's bringing to the club and the arrival of bargain signing Jean Makoun The Twominator, I have rather rethought.

It'd leave Young where he's been for a while now: wanting a move to a big club. He's not old, but he's coming into his prime now, and he wants to move. However, he's actually a rather nice bloke and respects Villa and Villans, and so he still puts in 100% every game. He'll stay 'till the end of this season IMO, and then he'll leave with our blessing.
I heard it was Makoun or Moussa Sissoko? That would be an ace signing, he's all the rage in France..

I heard it was Makoun or Moussa Sissoko? That would be an ace signing, he's all the rage in France..

Well we have Makoun, but biiig rumours about Sissoko indeed. Would adore it if he came. Not to mention Houllier. I would ******* that man to the other side of the planet and back if we got Sissoko.

Give Downing a bit of credit, he can take his man on. Also, he's deceptively quick: not Young/Agbonlahor quick, but pretty quick nonetheless. Its playing alongside such speed merchants that makes him look slow. He's probably about as quick as Albrighton, for example.

Firstly, learn to use sentences.

Secondly, MON had shitloads of money to spend, Lerner just wanted to cut down on his ridiculous spending. MON threw a strop and left.

Thirdly, IMO Houllier is as good as O'Neill. If you knew your stuff, you'd know that O'Neill gave Villa plays two days off a week (ludicrously), got us playing hoofball, never EVER rotated the squad, bought mediocre players for stupid amounts and never brought through any young players. Houllier is doing the opposite, and we will reap the rewards sooner or later.

Fourthly, last time Bent made a big money move? You mean, to Sunderland? £10 mil plus additional fees possibly rising to around £16 mil in total? Flopped? Yeah, thought not.

Lastly, you claim Bent is too similar a "play" to Agbonlahor. The former is a clinical, all-round striker, the latter is a superb physical specimen who can play up front or on either wing but lacks finishing talent. Past the fact that they're both strikers, I can see so many differences its ridiculous.

Never challenged for any cups. My word, FM-Base really is breeding a whole load of morons today... So, League Cup final last year, who were the teams? Mmyep, try thinking next time.

Never challenging in Europe is a moot point considering MON (rightly) considered the Europa League as being rubbish. He (rightly) decided that with such a small squad and little squad rotation, it wasn't worth focusing on a trophy of such relative little import.

The League cup final mate - where everyone puts out there reserve teams ? hardly worth writing home about considering you didnt win it! in 4 years won cup final is not what i would say acceptable for the cash spent!but if your happy with that then fair enough.

well what was he challenging for then? mid table?

and a 20 man squad there is room for resting at least 3 or 4 players at a time?

I assume that alone sold the appointment of Gerard Houiller to you? ;)

Haha, not quite, but his transfer market acumen was a big plus.

The League cup final mate - where everyone puts out there reserve teams ? hardly worth writing home about considering you didnt win it! in 4 years won cup final is not what i would say acceptable for the cash spent!but if your happy with that then fair enough.

well what was he challenging for then? mid table?

and a 20 man squad there is room for resting at least 3 or 4 players at a time?

Off topic, taking it to VM.

Haha, not quite, but his transfer market acumen was a big plus.

Off topic, taking it to VM.
Is Makoun not a very similar player to Reo-Coker though? Hopefully you'll get rid of Petrov, he's pony.

Think you need a clinical striker as well, and do well to hold on to Young much longer..

Is Makoun not a very similar player to Reo-Coker though? Hopefully you'll get rid of Petrov, he's pony.

Think you need a clinical striker as well, and do well to hold on to Young much longer..

Heh, he's been described on Villa forums as "the rich man's NRC, the poor man's Essien", which actually sums him up pretty well. He's like Reo-Coker, but he's less of an uncultured terrier, more of a composed defensively-minded midfielder. Don't hate on Petrov, he's a very good player. Cack in a two man midfield though, needs someone to do the leg work. He's moved from being a "destroyer" to a "passer". Worked well against Brum.

Stillian Petrov's a legend. Remember seeing rumours of him last summer, too old now. Shame.

Downing apparently going nowhere, according to a certain dude in the know on the Aston Villa forums. You heard it here... well, second. Unfortunately, he hasn't said the same for Ashley Young... :(

Downing apparently going nowhere, according to a certain dude in the know on the Aston Villa forums. You heard it here... well, second. Unfortunately, he hasn't said the same for Ashley Young... :(

Any idea on where Young is going?

he has been awesome for napoli this season, their 3-4-2-1 has been quality, he is operating out on the left drifting into the channels, then cutting back in

V. fluid front three they're playing recently, reminded me a bit of the Rooney-Ronaldo-Tevez triumvirate United had going a few years back.

in fact, am waiting for 11.3 so i can re-create the napoli tactic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back