The Transfer Rumour Thread 2010/11

• Thread starter Thread starter Lee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 307K
Status
Not open for further replies.
V. fluid front three they're playing recently, reminded me a bit of the Rooney-Ronaldo-Tevez triumvirate United had going a few years back.

:wub: It is scary looking back, how good our attack was then, We where then the Best in Europe

A Brum fan on their forums said:
What a strikeforce Villa will have. Young and Bent. Just like their fans.

Brilliant. :D Got to love the Brum fans.

V. fluid front three they're playing recently, reminded me a bit of the Rooney-Ronaldo-Tevez triumvirate United had going a few years back.
yeah, with wing backs that pin back the opposition well. But its one of those formations that requires little tweaks each game, FM wise will be fairly difficult to replicate. Wonder if he will make a move this summer should napoli not qualify for CL

---------- Post added at 02:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 AM ----------

:wub: It is scary looking back, how good our attack was then, We where then the Best in Europe
It was fearsome, really was. That's why i want hamsik, We lack that kind of fluid player who is effective across all areas

yeah, with wing backs that pin back the opposition well. But its one of those formations that requires little tweaks each game, FM wise will be fairly difficult to replicate. Wonder if he will make a move this summer should napoli not qualify for CL

Yes, although from my experience FM doesn't cause quite the same trouble with a three man attack against a five man defence as it does in real life, so may need less tweaking than expected.

On an unrelated note, I'm in love with Randy Lerner. He's such a passionate owner, and a sensible one too. He doesn't want to spend massive, but Lerner has seen we're in trouble and just decided to solve the problem with an injection of a lump sum of cash, which is exactly what Hou needs to get us out of this hole. :wub: Randy.

We certainly lack a creative edge in midfield as they only two players atm who can provide a spark are Nani and Anderson when on form. SAF must regret letting Sneijder, VDV and Ozil slip.

We certainly lack a creative edge in midfield as they only two players atm who can provide a spark are Nani and Anderson when on form. SAF must regret letting Sneijder, VDV and Ozil slip.

Scholes? Giggs? You're being a little harsh, but your basic point is right. United need a playmaker to take the creative burden off the front two to create for themselves.

didnt let Ozil slip we were outbid, besides those three play very high up the pitch, where rooney drops into space, so you want some deeper centrally, or higher out wide. But ideally deeper centrally

So Mike, if you could have anyone (realistically) to fit perfectly into the United squad who would you take?

[quote="In the know" guy on VT forums]Right last post We will sign him tomorrow barring something totally unforseen . Sunderland been difficult today but we are almost there

Young and Downing going nowhere.

Expected to make a further 1 outside chance 2 signings this week the Bent deal has been going on for a while and Villa did it the right way . These deals take time so its not cast iron that these other deals will happen , but looking positive [/quote]

Doubt there's a smiley big enough for how I'm feeling right now.

Also, regarding the whole United Playmaker thing, I still reckon Hamsik is the best fit. Even if you could get Sneijder, he plays in the space Rooney drops into.

So Mike, if you could have anyone (realistically) to fit perfectly into the United squad who would you take?
if it involved us really getting our chequebook out, Modric. Possibly Sneidjer fif SAF was willing to go back to assymetric 4-2-3-1, but that would ideally require a fit Hargreaves. But if we stayed playing as we are with the 4-4-2ish shape then Modric. Otherwise Hamsik, or Jovetic as a wide playmaker coming inside (im not entirely convinced by Young)

---------- Post added at 03:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 AM ----------

EDIT forgot about Sneijders deal. So Ignore that bit

What about a Pastore type player?

How about Pastore then?

I then we should splash out on Modric if Scholes retires and if Hargreaves contract is not renewed. Also I think we should try to unsettle Bale in the summer as I think he would be the perfect replacement for Giggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back