The Transfer Rumour Thread 2010/11

• Thread starter Thread starter Lee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 307K
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.birminghammail.net/birmi...ned-to-keep-young-and-downing-97319-28003739/

DARREN Bent will be officially unveiled as Villa’s £18 million star striker today after chairman Randy Lerner astonishingly smashed the club’s transfer record.

And manager Gerard Houllier will NOT be forced to cash in on prize assets Ashley Young and Stewart Downing this month to finance Villa’s biggest ever deal.

Bent’s transfer fee could rise to as much as £24 million, depending on add-ons, which would double the claret and blues’ previous highest £12 million outlay on a player.

GET. IN.
Gonna be announced in the next 30 minutes?! ;)

http://www.birminghammail.net/birmi...ned-to-keep-young-and-downing-97319-28003739/

DARREN Bent will be officially unveiled as Villa’s £18 million star striker today after chairman Randy Lerner astonishingly smashed the club’s transfer record.

And manager Gerard Houllier will NOT be forced to cash in on prize assets Ashley Young and Stewart Downing this month to finance Villa’s biggest ever deal.

Bent’s transfer fee could rise to as much as £24 million, depending on add-ons, which would double the claret and blues’ previous highest £12 million outlay on a player.

GET. IN.

Greats news for Villa fans then. nice bit of pace up front

Gonna be announced in the next 30 minutes?! ;)

from the link said:
  • by Mathew Kendrick, Birmingham Mail
  • Jan 18 2011

No, but he is apparently giving us an article from the future. :P

Greats news for Villa fans then. nice bit of pace up front

Aye, we really need some pace. Chronic lack of pace in our front line. :P

Reckon if/when Saurez comes we will play 2 upfront or a 4-3-3 with Saurez out wide?

Please spare us Everton fans a thought, as we are poor and can't afford anyone. please :'( lol

Please spare us Everton fans a thought, as we are poor and can't afford anyone. please :'( lol

We'll sell you the man, the legend, the person who has gained mythical status amongst Villa fans.

His name's Moustapha Salifou.

Reckon if/when Saurez comes we will play 2 upfront or a 4-3-3 with Saurez out wide?

Reckon you'll go one out wide. Playing two strikers like Torres and Suarez in a 4-4-2 is suicide.

No one does because he seems to think he is worthy of a proper high wage.

The man is a mug, the demands he was asking at Blues were ridiculous for what he is!!

Financially we really have done well to pull out of that, although still need a striker...

Rumours of Chucho back for the remainder of the season on loan...

fan favorite, scared defences, didn't score but created space for others, that will do me!!

He was the lad that was on the bus that was attacked wasn't he? Poor sod. Don't know how he got through that

If you live in Liverpool get to the arrivals lounge at JLA and You Should see Luis Saurez and his agent, getting write a blacked out vehicle.

Flight Information
Flight Information
Ezy7002
Ezy7002
Arrives 10:40
Arrives 10:40

It will take about 20 minutes drive to Melwood where he will finalise a deal with his agent, Comolli and Kk.
IT would take about 20 minutes drive to Melwood where clause he finalis a compromise deal with His agent, Comolli and Kk.

£11m + Ryan Babel
Ryan Babel £ 11m +

Babel has already agreed personal terms and is ready for the transfer to go through, everything is waiting on Suarez.
Already Babel HAS AGREED personal terms and is ready for the transfer to go through, everything is waiting on Suarez.

Not very reliable.

---------- Post added at 04:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 AM ----------

He is very trusted by the RAWK staff, and posters.

And

Next week will be a busy week for Liverpool football club and transfers.

UnitedLatest United Latest
Ashley Young linked with a £13 Million move to Manchester United, with Aston Villa buying Darren Bent from Sunderland as replacement. #MUFC
3 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Yeah. God-awful player though. 27 years old and mired on a pittance of a wage in Villa's reserves. We love him though. :P

You're a stalker, you know that? :D

I'm stealing it from LiverpoolForum. ;)

But yes, I am a stalker. I liked your shirt today.;)

---------- Post added at 04:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 AM ----------

Ashley Young linked with a £13 Million move to Manchester United, with Aston Villa buying Darren Bent from Sunderland as replacement. #MUFC

Young won't be sold that cheap.

I'm stealing it from LiverpoolForum. ;)

---------- Post added at 04:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 AM ----------

Young won't be sold that cheap.

If that report GodCubed posted is true then Young won't be sold at all. Don't see it happening myself as Valencia is back late February early March so it would be pointless buying him.

In Holland (breaking news here), Ajax have confirmed a bid from LFC for Suarez (possibly up to € 22m, but no details released). Spurs have hit back though and put in a counter-bid. They might need to offload player(s) first to finance it (i.e. Keane to Birmingham), but at LFC he'd be more assured of a first-team spot. After the WC, he was valued at €35m, but a very lacklustre season and his biting incident a couple of months ago have probably halved that.

In Holland (breaking news here), Ajax have confirmed a bid from LFC for Suarez (possibly up to € 22m, but no details released). Spurs have hit back though and put in a counter-bid. They might need to offload player(s) first to finance it (i.e. Keane to Birmingham), but at LFC he'd be more assured of a first-team spot. After the WC, he was valued at €35m, but a very lacklustre season and his biting incident a couple of months ago have probably halved that.
Guess the transfer window has really kicked off then

The media are suddenly all of a flutter, because we're making a big money bid. Apparently, this makes us poor all of a sudden, which is ****. We always had money to throw around, MON just wasn't throwing it (or was throwing it in the metaphorical fire).

Why thank you. It's a Jean Makoun tribute shirt. I'm going to couple it with some Darren Bent jeans and a Kyle Walker For a Permanent Contract apparel (trainers, obviously) tomorrow. See you behind the bush outside my house as per, yeah? :)

The media are suddenly all of a flutter, because we're making a big money bid. Apparently, this makes us poor all of a sudden, which is ****. We always had money to throw around, MON just wasn't throwing it (or was throwing it in the metaphorical fire).

Why thank you. It's a Jean Makoun tribute shirt. I'm going to couple it with some Darren Bent jeans and a Kyle Walker For a Permanent Contract apparel (trainers, obviously) tomorrow. See you behind the bush outside my house as per, yeah? :)
What he was doing was buying expensive youth and then not playing them, no wonder Lerner didnt want to give him money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back