The Transfer Rumour Thread 2010/11

• Thread starter Thread starter Lee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 307K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange to see Larner spending 20+ million in this transfer window. Wasn't the reason for O'Neill's departure that he was frustrated at the lack of transfer funds.

The media are suddenly all of a flutter, because we're making a big money bid. Apparently, this makes us poor all of a sudden, which is ****. We always had money to throw around, MON just wasn't throwing it (or was throwing it in the metaphorical fire).

Why thank you. It's a Jean Makoun tribute shirt. I'm going to couple it with some Darren Bent jeans and a Kyle Walker For a Permanent Contract apparel (trainers, obviously) tomorrow. See you behind the bush outside my house as per, yeah? :)

Don't be silly I AM the bush. ;)

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...desire?cc=5739

Highly-rated Anderlecht striker Romelu Lukaku has revealed he believes he is more likely to move to England than Spain.

Lukaku, 17, is one of the most sought-after young talents on the continent and Chelsea and Real Madrid are believed to be at the head of the queue to sign the player.

"Chelsea and Arsenal tried to sign me when I was 13, 14," he told Goal.com. "Chelsea is my favourite team.

"I have always said it and I have never hidden it, but it is not because Chelsea is my favourite team that I have to go there. There is also Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester City. These big five are very interesting. Tottenham are also a good club.

"As a young kid, you dream of playing in every big team. It is not because Chelsea is my favourite team that I have to specifically go there.

"I will see. It is something for my father and agent. There are so many clubs and big teams. For a young player sometimes you have to relax for a while and focus on your own team. I'm very happy with the situation at Anderlecht. I have the support of the club and other players. It is my environment and I've grown up here."

Jose Mourinho has confirmed his interest in Lukaku and Cristiano Ronaldo described the player as "really fantastic", but it appears he could snub a move to the Bernabeu if there is firm interest from the Premier League.

"My father never talks to me about rumours," he said. "Of course, I admire Jose Mourinho and Real Madrid is a great club, but I see England as more likely than Spain.

"If I see the games and some action in the Premier League, with my qualities I think I can play there. I'm very fast, I'm very strong and I work a lot. If I train with players with more quality I can be better than I am here. I want to improve.

"My father was my hero when I was still a boy. I looked up to Cristiano Ronaldo and then it was always [Didier] Drogba. As I understand more and more about football I see the qualities I have and I can see myself in him [Drogba]. I have almost the same qualities and I want to follow in his footsteps."

What he was doing was buying expensive youth and then not playing them, no wonder Lerner didnt want to give him money

Hence the metaphorical fire reference. My word... it really is a contrast. Under MON, the most we could expect was a few workhorse midfielders and another winger. Under Houllier, we've signed a Champions League standard DM, an exciting young fullback on loan, and are completing the signing of one of the most prolific strikers in the Prem.

Oh, and Robert Pires. :$

Hence the metaphorical fire reference. My word... it really is a contrast. Under MON, the most we could expect was a few workhorse midfielders and another winger. Under Houllier, we've signed a Champions League standard DM, an exciting young fullback on loan, and are completing the signing of one of the most prolific strikers in the Prem.

Houllier > O Neill. he just needs time to get you away from a side built to play (dreary) counter attacking football, to a nice possession side (Hodgson in reverse)

You forget Omar Cummings.

I keep joking about him, but now it's going to be destiny that you get him on loan and he scores a hat-trick on his debut.

Last edited:
Houllier > O Neill. he just needs time to get you away from a side built to play (dreary) counter attacking football, to a nice possession side (Hodgson in reverse)

Yes, I know, and I feel a fool for doubting him so early in his reign.

You forget Omar Cummings.

Cummings > Bent. Cummings :wub:

Agreed Houlliers has done well. Makoun is a class act.

Don's see why he would move to Leicester, he is only still playing because he is being payed a ****** shedload to see out his career in America, I'm sure they can pay him more than the foxes can.

Plus I wouldn't want him if I was Leicester fan, when you have decent strikers already.

By the way I've been wondering why Fryatt left, I though he was doing well for you no?

Don's see why he would move to Leicester, he is only still playing because he is being payed a ****** shedload to see out his career in America, I'm sure they can pay him more than the foxes can.

Plus I wouldn't want him if I was Leicester fan, when you have decent strikers already.

By the way I've been wondering why Fryatt left, I though he was doing well for you no?

I dont him Henry he is a cheat and I dont think Given would like being in the same team as him, the daily mail are also running henry story
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...y-Henry-Leicester-City.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Fryatt just didn't want to play for us after Pearson left and was never the same player after Brian Stock shattered his cheekbone last season.

Indeed, also I can see them deploying them in the same way we deploy giggs/evra, overloading that left flank
What a bit like Baines/Pienaar now? I hate how people now reckon Pienaar will become some better player now, if he plays with Bale etc, but honestly Leighton Baines has been just as good and much more consistent than Bale this season, all be it without something as spectacular as the Inter Milan performace.

My dad's got a Spurs season ticket so I tend to go a lot when he's got work etc, and people are starting to work Bale out, stand off show him on the inside etc, and when you cut off his, kick the ball past the player run down the wing tactic, the dimensions to his game become a lot more limited.

But no, naive to say a Bale/Pienaar would be awesome, considering it would be almost identical to our Baines/Pienaar combination. Even though it is pretty awesome.

WTF Eriksson needs to learn that you 13 in the championship not first in the blimmin premier league... Just got new we might be signing fat ronaldo (Y) /rant

Don't worry , he's a friend of him ;)

What a bit like Baines/Pienaar now? I hate how people now reckon Pienaar will become some better player now, if he plays with Bale etc, but honestly Leighton Baines has been just as good and much more consistent than Bale this season, all be it without something as spectacular as the Inter Milan performace.

My dad's got a Spurs season ticket so I tend to go a lot when he's got work etc, and people are starting to work Bale out, stand off show him on the inside etc, and when you cut off his, kick the ball past the player run down the wing tactic, the dimensions to his game become a lot more limited.

But no, naive to say a Bale/Pienaar would be awesome, considering it would be almost identical to our Baines/Pienaar combination. Even though it is pretty awesome.

not sure how its naive, nor did i say it was totally new to what everton do now, so dont put words in my mouth, or assume to know what i am thinking. Seen more than enough of both know whos better, I know that Bale's game at winger is limited, as I've have talked about how to defend against him plently of times, and how he needs to learn to use his movement to cause problems by drifting into areas the fullback wont go, like dropping deep.

However, that limitation disappears when he is deployed from fullback becuase he is immediately running into space from deep as opposed to being tight against his man, much harder to track against (See the runs of Erva, Cole, Lahm and any good attacking full/wingback). The difference is that bale is much more lethal option once in that overloaded position, as hes a much better finisher, as he has shown plenty of times this season.

So Bale Pienaar > baines Pienaar. And since you say the latter is awesome then the same can be said of the former, so again how is that naive?

Last edited:
A lot of rumours circulating on RAWK now that Suarez will be coming to us in a £17/18m deal with Babel going the other way... Praying this is true. However until the i's are dotted and the t's are crossed, I refuse to get excited. I've seen this too many times before.

A lot of rumours circulating on RAWK now that Suarez will be coming to us in a £17/18m deal with Babel going the other way... Praying this is true. However until the i's are dotted and the t's are crossed, I refuse to get excited. I've seen this too many times before.
Its not over yet, your apparent bid seems to have forced Spurs' hand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back