The Transfer Rumour Thread 2010/11

• Thread starter Thread starter Lee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 307K
Status
Not open for further replies.
It feels like we are Aston Villas feeder club. We bought their 2 best players in Barry and Milner. Milner is playing ****. Barry pretty avarge. Next probly Ashley Young? LOL....

That isn't what a feeder club does.

More to the point, Milner is playing terribly because, after his best ever season being played in the centre and having a team built around him, you've given him a peripheral role on the wing. You can't blame him for that. Hopefully we buy him back for 10 or so mil in the summer, that'd be great.

Barry's just ****. And if you get Young, good luck fitting him into your team...

Selling two players doesn't mean that Villa are a feeder club, you might as well call Man Utd a feeder club to Real Madrid then with your logic. If Larner reinvents in the team then I doubt young will leave.

Okay..i didin't mean that they are our feeder club seriously. Just meant that we have a history of doing business with them in the recent years. And yeh..Milner have played pretty much on the wing. And it's not working. I dont see why we bought him. Just because he is english? Cuz Bobby cleary cannot use him right.

Okay..i didin't mean that they are our feeder club seriously. Just meant that we have a history of doing business with them in the recent years. And yeh..Milner have played pretty much on the wing. And it's not working. I dont see why we bought him. Just because he is english? Cuz Bobby cleary cannot use him right.

No,what you said was "we're Aston Villa's feeder club", which is utterly wrong. It'd be less wrong if you said it the other way round.

You bought him because he was a young english player who was on blistering form. Thanks to Mancini's mismanagement, he's gone awry.

No,what you said was "we're Aston Villa's feeder club", which is utterly wrong. It'd be less wrong if you said it the other way round.

You bought him because he was a young english player who was on blistering form. Thanks to Mancini's mismanagement, he's gone awry.

Please notice im not british. My english is not the best. And im not sure if Milner is Mancinis signings. We got a guy called Brian Marwood inside the club who also recommends players. I think he was behind the Adam Johnson signing. And i think he is the one who scouts the english players.

Anyways...where would Milner even fit in our system? In yayas position? Barrys? Idk honestly...maybe you do.

Last edited:
I dont know what you mean by another. It could make us upto 100million. They can call it what they like the fans will still call it Stamford Bridge.

If Anfield was renamed, it would not be the same, even if people did still call it anfield. It wouldnt seem right.

After hearing that manchester city's manager roberto mancini said that will bring some new faces for the team,Carlos tevez asked him if he can get one :D

Pepe reina last night sensationally opened the door to a £20million summer move to manchester united. Liverpool keeper reina stunned the kop by refusing to rule out a move to old trafford in the close season. With edwin van der sar hanging up his gloves, speculation has been rife that united boss alex ferguson will try to ****** the stopper by paying the £20m get-out clause in his contract. Asked directly about united's interest on spanish radio station onda cero, reina dropped a massive hint that it could happen. He said: "yes, well van der sar will hang up his gloves in the summer so of course they are looking. "i can't do anything. I can't say anything logically as i have a contract with liverpool. "of course one likes to fight for titles and be in a team that does that. "we always fought to be in the champions league and try to win the title. "but unfortunately it hasn't been the case in the last couple of years." reina also refused to rule out quitting anfield if liverpool finish outside the top four. He said: "i won't lie, i want to play in the champions league and challenge for titles."

the sun

LOL

Chelsea offered £35m for me in January, says Bayern's Mario Gomez

The Bayern Munich striker Mario Gomez has claimed Chelsea had an offer of £35.6m for him rejected during the January transfer window.

According to reports in Germany, Chelsea moved for the Germany international on the final day of the window, suggesting it was an insurance policy in case their move for the Liverpool striker Fernando Torres failed.

"I only found out about the offer after the club had turned it down," Gomez told Bild. "But it wouldn't have mattered anyway. I am already at a top club and I am playing where I always wanted to."

Gomez, 25, is top of the Bundesliga scoring charts with 16 goals in 14 starts, ahead of Papiss Demba Cissé of SC Freiburg and Eintracht Frankfurt's Theofanis Gekas.

Barcelona have called off their long-running pursuit of Cesc Fabregas after admitting any move for the Arsenal skipper is now "dead", according to reports on Wednesday.
The Catalan giants have long been chasing the Spanish star who began his career in their academy before leaving for Arsenal when he was just 16-years-old.
Since then he has matured into one of Europe's top midfielders and taken on the captaincy at The Emirates.
Last summer Barcelona made a bid - believed to be for £30m - for Fabregas which Arsenal firmly rebuffed, despite the player himself telling Gunners boss Arsene Wenger he wanted to return to Spain.

Barca were expected to resume their long-running pursuit of Fabregas this summer but they now appear to have given up on the luring him back to the Nou Camp amid suggestions they would not be able to afford the fee after posting a £67m loss last season.
Club director Raul Sanllehi has now said they have had to shelve plans for a fresh bid for the Arsenal captain. "Right now it's dead," he is quoted of saying in Wednesday's papers.

:D:D:D
Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/new...r-now-report-article694067.html#ixzz1DYlDrwe0

Barcelona have called off their long-running pursuit of Cesc Fabregas after admitting any move for the Arsenal skipper is now "dead", according to reports on Wednesday.
The Catalan giants have long been chasing the Spanish star who began his career in their academy before leaving for Arsenal when he was just 16-years-old.
Since then he has matured into one of Europe's top midfielders and taken on the captaincy at The Emirates.
Last summer Barcelona made a bid - believed to be for £30m - for Fabregas which Arsenal firmly rebuffed, despite the player himself telling Gunners boss Arsene Wenger he wanted to return to Spain.

Barca were expected to resume their long-running pursuit of Fabregas this summer but they now appear to have given up on the luring him back to the Nou Camp amid suggestions they would not be able to afford the fee after posting a £67m loss last season.
Club director Raul Sanllehi has now said they have had to shelve plans for a fresh bid for the Arsenal captain. "Right now it's dead," he is quoted of saying in Wednesday's papers.

:D:D:D
Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/new...r-now-report-article694067.html#ixzz1DYlDrwe0

Won't be smiling when he leaves this summer or next

I would take Guardado as well.

Newcastle & Liverpool to go head to head for Lille's 10m rated Ivorian Gervinho(various papers this morning)

Newcastle are favourites to land Rennes winger Sylvain Marveaux - HERE

Not a rumour but has just been confirmed that Jeffrey Bruma has joined Leicster on loan until the end of the season.

---------- Post added at 11:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

In other Chelsea news Connor Clifford has joined Notts County on loan until next month. He had a short spell at Plymouth earlier this season.

I would take Guardado as well.

Newcastle & Liverpool to go head to head for Lille's 10m rated Ivorian Gervinho(various papers this morning)

Newcastle are favourites to land Rennes winger Sylvain Marveaux - HERE

Seen reports linking us with Marveaux too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back