The Transfer Rumour Thread 2010/11

• Thread starter Thread starter Lee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 307K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool plotting a second raid on the Toon

Liverpool are plotting a second major transfer swoop on Newcastle United - for super Spanish left back Jose Enrique.

Kop talent-spotter Damien Comolli watched the highly-rated defender in action at the weekend as he looks for a solution to Kenny Dalglish’s problem position.

Enrique was in outstanding form against Blackburn Rovers, adding to his reputation as one of the best players in his role in the Premier League - and the Anfield club may trouble the Toon again in the summer.

Dalglish shattered Liverpool’s signing record by landing striker Andy Carroll from Newcastle and the Geordies would look for a hefty fee for Enrique too.

However Liverpool need a recognised player in that position as Paul Konchesky is exiled at Nottingham Forest on loan and Glen Johnson is filling in for the rest of the campaign - but clearly not suited as a long-term answer.

Enrique, 25, was a big-money capture by Sam Allardyce during his time at Newcastle and has also been linked with Manchester United as a possible replacement for Patrice Evra if he leaves.

However Liverpool are now heading the queue and could make an offer in the summer - with cash to spend on improvements in that area

Good! LB!

Sky sports doesn't say anything about young and i wouldn't trust telegraph, in august they claimed Ozil, now a madrid player, had agreed a deal with barcelona. Whoever SAF tried to sign will remain a mystery until the summer.

Last edited:
Man Utd after Jack Rodwell.

Had a quick search and couldn't find anything.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...a-15million-summer-move-for-Jack-Rodwell.html

MANCHESTER UNITED tried to land Everton's Jack Rodwell last month - and will return with a £15million summer bid.
United backed off in the transfer window when Toffees boss David Moyes made it clear how important the 19-year-old whizkid was for the club's survival fight.

Alex Ferguson is trying to reinvigorate his United squad with youth.

So who thinks Jack Rodwell will be a good replacement for Scholes?

Rumors. We are always linked with 100s of midfielders. I wont believe till he signs on dotted lines.

Thesun? :D

There is a player Ferguson was after in january. But it's unkown. This is just a rumour. But it could be true.

Would love to see him here.... He defo has the potential to be like Scholsey

Jack be a good signing for United but as Zaffarano said he's been linked with United for a few years now

You searched around, but didn't find the Transfer Rumour Thread.

i reckon a pretty good replacement but sun is full of c**p so i wouldnt belive it until i see it from the bbc sport guy on here ;) lol reckon everton wouldnt want to let him go that easy either

Rumors. We are always linked with 100s of midfielders. I wont believe till he signs on dotted lines.

That's fair, but Rodwell-to-United is being heavily supported by some of the more reliable media outlets who normally, to be fair, get it right.

And given Everton's parlous financial position Rodwell is as good as an asset as any.

the sun so I wouldn't believe anything it says. Great signing for United if they can get him/actually want him

rodwell and scholes are two completely different players. rodwell is a mix of carrick and fletcher, with shades of rio ferdinand if you are talking about any united comparison

Would love to see him here.... He defo has the potential to be like Scholsey
calm down - i'm more like Scholes than Rodwell is

been rumors for ages about Rodwell and United - as with a lot of players, lets not get excited unitl deals are actually confirmed - at this stage its likely to be bull

an Everton relegation could seal the deal though (6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back