The Transfer Rumour Thread 2010/11

• Thread starter Thread starter Lee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 307K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the daily mirror a reliable source because they say that Sheffield Wednesday are to make a bid to sign striker Benni McCarthy and defender Herita Ilunga, who are out of favour at West Ham.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/new...gglers-Sheffield-Wednesday-article704099.html

If you read the article it is looking quite likely that it will happen as West Ham will pay 80% of McCarthy's wages !

If this happens i will cream my pants !!!

Cristiano Ronaldo to Burton Albion and Lionel Messi to Leyton Orient. You heard it here first.

Is Modrić actually coming to Man. United? Rumour is, old drunk Harry and old sir Fergie made a deal!

Liverpool are reportedly close to completing a deal for Newcastle defender Jose Enrique.

According to talkSPORT, reports in the Spanish press claim the 25-year-old is poised to seal a switch to Anfield in the summer after the two clubs agreed a fee in the region of £6 million.

Enrique's contract is set to expire in 2012 and it appears Newcastle are ready to cash-in on the Spaniard after Liverpool made their interest known.

Manchester United have also been linked with a move for Enrique - as have Aston Villa - but Liverpool look to have won the race for his signature.

Liverpool have been in the market for a recognised and reliable left-back in order to permanently fill the problematic role.

The departure of Paul Konchesky - albeit temporarily - from Anfield has left Liverpool short on options at full-back and the acquisition of reinforcements remains a priority for the Merseyside club.

Glen Johnson has been deployed on the left by Kenny Dalglish of late, but the Liverpool boss is after a more long-term solution and it now seems Enrique may be the man to plug the gap.

Liverpool have also been linked with Celtic's Emilio Izaguirre and former Kop favourite John Arne Riise, but it looks increasingly likely that Enrique will become their latest recruit when the transfer window reopens in June.

Liverpool are reportedly close to completing a deal for Newcastle defender Jose Enrique.

According to talkSPORT, reports in the Spanish press claim the 25-year-old is poised to seal a switch to Anfield in the summer after the two clubs agreed a fee in the region of £6 million.

Enrique's contract is set to expire in 2012 and it appears Newcastle are ready to cash-in on the Spaniard after Liverpool made their interest known.

Manchester United have also been linked with a move for Enrique - as have Aston Villa - but Liverpool look to have won the race for his signature.

Liverpool have been in the market for a recognised and reliable left-back in order to permanently fill the problematic role.

The departure of Paul Konchesky - albeit temporarily - from Anfield has left Liverpool short on options at full-back and the acquisition of reinforcements remains a priority for the Merseyside club.

Glen Johnson has been deployed on the left by Kenny Dalglish of late, but the Liverpool boss is after a more long-term solution and it now seems Enrique may be the man to plug the gap.

Liverpool have also been linked with Celtic's Emilio Izaguirre and former Kop favourite John Arne Riise, but it looks increasingly likely that Enrique will become their latest recruit when the transfer window reopens in June.

Worth more than 6m.....been outstanding this season.

Well it seems it'll be either Enrique or Emili Izaguirre.

---------- Post added at 03:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 AM ----------

Worth more than 6m.....been outstanding this season.

Of course he is. But with his contract length like that (K)

Every time I've seen Enrique play (albeit on MotD) he's looked immense. Nowt on Phil Bardsley, but then again he's in a league of his own |). The mags should throw a massive contract at him just incase.

enrique wont go to liverpool and if he was going to it would be later in the summer if we ended up getting relegated which is not likely

Every time I've seen Enrique play (albeit on MotD) he's looked immense. Nowt on Phil Bardsley, but then again he's in a league of his own |). The mags should throw a massive contract at him just incase.

We are offering him a big deal, but he just wants to wait until we are mathematically safe.

PS bardsley is ****(H)

Sissoko keen on prem move

Toulouse midfielder Moussa Sissoko has admitted that he would love the chance to move to England should the opportunity arise.

The tough-tackling holding midfielder has been an inspirational figure for the French club since being given his debut as a 17-year old, and is now one of their most valuable players.

Now a full French international, the 21-year old has been linked with several clubs during his brief career, including Liverpool and most recently Juventus and Manchester United, though no formal approach has been made.

While Sissoko admits a move to the Barclays Premier League would be a chance he could not turn down, he insists he just wants to concentrate on his progress at his current club and become a regular at international level.

"I would be delighted if one day I am lucky to join a big English club," he told France Football.

"But I don't think about it so far. I had contacts with English clubs, notably Liverpool, but I preferred to commit myself to Toulouse, the club where I have been educated, to get more experience.

"It is up to me to go on improving, to become a world class player, to play in the biggest clubs and to join the French team as soon as possible."

From SkySports and LFCTV. :)

Ehh, we had the Sissoko link a long time ago. Hopefully Ged's been busy tapping him up. ;) A short while ago he did go to France to watch a Lyon game, tie up Makoun's signing and also finish signing Fofana. We got Makoun of course, Fofana turned out to have a dodgy back, but he spent a mystery third day in France. Rumours from sources seem to claim he was taking a gander at Sissoko and (IMO more excitingly) Sakho.

Either way, would love to see him in the Prem. Looks suited to our style too.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/new...efender-Miguel-up-for-sale-article700131.html

HE'S BACK! The man, the myth! XD

For all who don't know, Miguel was linked with Villa under MON for 4 straight years, every window. And now they're linking us to him AGAIN! Brilliant. :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back