The Transfer Rumour Thread 2010/11

• Thread starter Thread starter Lee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 307K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sylvain Marveaux close to Liverpool deal

Stade Rennes midfielder Sylvain Marveaux claims he is close to agreeing a move to Liverpool.

Marveaux, 24, has been monitored by clubs including Manchester United and Chelsea, but is said to have attended Anfield as a guest during the 1-0 defeat to Wolves in December.

He is out of contract at the end of the season and looks set to make the switch to Liverpool on a free transfer.

"I am very close to reaching agreement with Liverpool about joining them next season," Marveaux said in The People.

Marveaux is a former France Under-21 international and can play as a left winger or in a more central attacking position. He is currently sidelined with a groin injury and, while it was thought he would not represent Rennes again, there now appears to be hope he could make an early return.

"He could return in May," Rennes boss Frederic Antonetti said. "It could be good for him to show what he can do and it could be good for us as well."

Sources:
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/s...in-marveaux-close-to-liverpool-switch?cc=5739

http://www.sportsvibe.co.uk/liverpool-close-to-agreeing-deal-for-french-winger-updated/

http://www.nesn.com/2011/03/report-...ment-with-liverpool-over-summer-transfer.html

Well, on a free we have nothing to lose. Haven't seen much of him at all. Heard good things about him (although I also heard Bruno Cheyrou was the next Zinedine Zidane..). Thoughts?

T'was on Sky sports website yesterday too. Would probably be alright :)

Wouldn't turn him down for free, nothing to lose at the end of the day. Decent on FM in any case, this is the Comolli infuence kicking in

Very injury-prone player like the rest of Liverpool, could become a great asset if he stays fit.
Hopefully he will play as backup/rotate behind our future transfer of Dzsudzsak ;)

Presume he'd be employed on the left wing.

Would have thought so, this is the lack of depth thing with liverpool, however I couldn't understand why we would play him as a left winger if we are going to keep playing the 5-3-2 on a regular basis, so either he is going to be rotated in the 3, or the 5-3-2 isn't going to be our formation for the long term.

Finally a more natural winger, can't go wrong on a free either. Prefer if he's used as a bench player though and we bring in 2 much better wingers to start.

Scott stop trolling you wouldnt be saying that if it was United :P

Good transfer for you guys at last you are signing people with quality :P

Very injury-prone player like the rest of Liverpool, could become a great asset if he stays fit.
Hopefully he will play as backup/rotate behind our future transfer of Dzsudzsak ;)

Are you sure you are a liverpool fan? Or is that a joke....

Idk much about him...but could probly be a good squad player? Are Liverpool looking to spend or are they just looking after bargains? bargains aren't always that good. Even if they are free.

I see no where in the links which says Deal Confirmed. I see it as a potential deal, not a confirmed transfer.

I presume we're in contract negotiations, seeing as his contract ends in 6 months. I never said the deal was confirmed. The transfer rumour thread is for transfer rumours, this is for thoughts on the deal, should it go ahead - that looking very likely.

would merge it to rumour thread but my browser is on the blink...

Idk much about him...but could probly be a good squad player? Are Liverpool looking to spend or are they just looking after bargains? bargains aren't always that good. Even if they are free.

Probably both, we have spending power, that won't stop Kenny and Comolli looking for cheaper players though (we're not Man City (K)).

What a stupid comment, Hernandez £7million, Van Der Vaart £8million, Mauranoe Chamakh they are bargains and they have been quite impressive for there teams just because they got money dont mean they are going to be spending £18-30million on lower prem players (i.e. jo, santa cruz)

What? It´s quite common knowledge that Liverpool has got a lot of injury prone players, and it´s something we have to deal with. And I know that Marveaux also is quite injury-prone and I see him as more of an backup player that might grow with time (if he stays fit). At the moment he isn´t good enough to be a regular starter.

Not sure why you´re giving me accusations of not being a Liverpool fan. I´m quite offended to be honest.

Hopefully stays injury free and can replace (a hopefully outgoing) Jovanovic. We need some pace on the wings and if he isnt costing us a transfer fee it could be a good deal. Hopefully this wont impact on us looking for other wingers in the summer because God only knows we need them.
I would like to see Ashley Young in the famous red shirt but i think he has his heart set on a move to Man Utd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back