• Thread starter Thread starter Lee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 307K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool attempt Baines "Robbery"

NOTW - 20th March 2011

Liverpool will make an audacious £10million move to sign Everton's Leighton Baines.

In a plan which will inflame passions on Merseyside, Anfield director of football Damien Comolli has identified the Goodison man as a top summer target.

Everton are sure to resist fiercely any efforts from their arch-rivals to tempt Baines across Stanley Park. It would be the most controversial deal between the neighbours since Nick Barmby's switch 11 years ago.

Liverpool are desperate to recruit a high-class left-back having offloaded Paul Konchesky, failed to re-sign Steven Warnock in January and been forced to play Glen Johnson in emergencies.

They also want ammunition from the flanks to supply £35m target man Andy Carroll, and Liverpool's scouts recognise Baines as one of the best crossers of a ball in the Premier League.

Scouser Baines, 26, was wanted by Bayern Munich in January, but he is settled on Merseyside.

He is one of several Everton players being eyed by Europe's wealthiest clubs this summer, with Marouane Fellaini and Jack Rodwell also likely to be targets.

The financial uncertainty at Everton, and ongoing speculation about whether David Moyes may lose patience and quit, has been playing on the mind of several players.

Everton were buoyed last week when Phil Jagielka committed himself to a new contract. That was intended to send a message that the club's most valuable assets will not be allowed to leave.
But Moyes will hope his board can attract the investment needed to fend off bids for other stars including Baines.

No red *****, no you don't. IF this move does by some nightmare go through I will officially lose all hope in football.

News of the World? Enough said.

Would love to see him playing for us though :)

Makes sense. He's a very good player, and Liverpool could do with his attacking thrust from left back, not to mention his set-pieces.

This would be a very good transfer for Liverpool I wouldnt mind seeing him at Old Trafford If Evra would to ever leave.

NOTW?

Either way I would love him here. One, it would make the bitters angry. Two, he is a good LB. Can Everton afford to turn a bid down though?

If this is true then I can see Liverpool pushing up to the top 4 again possibly as they will have a pretty good squad. Meireles looks a good player and Gerrard still has a few years left in him whilst Suarez looks a fantastic player and im sure Carroll will come good.

If it is true, Everton don't have the funds to turn down a decent bid.
That's not the issue, I doubt very highly Baines would perform the ultimate Judas. He is a blue through and through, and has already declared his love for Moyes and the club.

Reina
Johnson - Agger - Carragher - Baines
Lucas
Gerrard - Meireles
Kuyt - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Suarez
Carroll​

Phwoarrr. Just need one or two wingers that can cross now if that happens!

Wouldn't be surprised tbh, there is no loyalty in football anymore

That's not the issue, I doubt very highly Baines would perform the ultimate Judas. He is a blue through and through, and has already declared his love for Moyes and the club.

I wouldn't trust what most footballers say these days

What if leaving, is in the best interests of the club? As in, them getting money to keep them surviving?

Reina
Johnson - Agger - Carragher - Baines
Lucas
Gerrard - Meireles
Kuyt - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Suarez
Carroll​

Phwoarrr. Just need one or two wingers that can cross now if that happens!

Sounds like a nice squad, and if Kuyt stays in this form you wouldn't need another winger. Although maybe some good backup/sub players.

Imagin him whipping deadly crosses to Carroll. Great player would love to have him.

What if leaving, is in the best interests of the club? As in, them getting money to keep them surviving?
We're not in that much trouble. Rodwell will go this summer for around £20M, that's the debts pretty much sorted, Heitinga to Bayern for around £6M, then possibly a couple more out for another £3M. We're skint but don't need to sell our whole blimming squad.

we are gonna sell player but not all of them
baines wont go anywhere

unless it be Man Utd XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back