The Transfer Rumour Thread 2010/11

• Thread starter Thread starter Lee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 307K
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not the issue, I doubt very highly Baines would perform the ultimate Judas. He is a blue through and through, and has already declared his love for Moyes and the club.

dixie-wayne.jpg

Transfer Rumour Thread?

That's all it is.. A rumour.

Completely different scenario, Rooney was 17, was going to the biggest side in the world.

Baines wouldn't be the player he is without Moyes and Everton, he's 25 and doesn't want to leave his home. If he leaves for Liverpool I will be 10 times more ****** that I was at Rooney, at least he went to a decent side.

Completely different scenario, Rooney was 17, was going to the biggest side in the world.

Baines wouldn't be the player he is without Moyes and Everton, he's 25 and doesn't want to leave his home. If he leaves for Liverpool I will be 10 times more ****** that I was at Rooney, at least he went to a decent side.

He was great at Wigan too, you know.

That's not the issue, I doubt very highly Baines would perform the ultimate Judas. He is a blue through and through, and has already declared his love for Moyes and the club.
Originally Posted by Stann

He grew up a liverpool fan thou!!

Lol and you say I always take swipes at Everton?

Would like him here, and would certainly take him for 10mil. If not, Michal Kadlec seems the other option and would possibly be cheaper. We need a left-back that is for sure. Oh and get rid of Glen Johnson, absolute liability.

Carra grew up an Everton fan doesn't make him one now.

Yeah, and Carra grew up an Everton fan..

If you regard Everton as a 'decent' side.. And you say "At least he went to a decent side" meaning, Liverpool aren't a 'decent side.

I suggest getting your head checked.

He wasn't great at Wigan, he had potential.

No, he was great at wigan. Rumours of him to all the big clubs before he signed at you.
Anyway, could you really blame him for wanting to jump ship from a team on the down?

What if leaving, is in the best interests of the club? As in, them getting money to keep them surviving?

I'm sure they could find a different buyer for him. Class left back, plenty of top clubs in europe would go in for him i'm sure.

If you regard Everton as a 'decent' side.. And you say "At least he went to a decent side" meaning, Liverpool aren't a 'decent side.

I suggest getting your head checked.
Clearly not what I said/meant. For Baines to go from Everton to Liverpool this season, who let's face it are going to both finish with very similar seasons, would be a much much more disloyal thing to do, than for Rooney to go to arguably the biggest club on the planet at the time.

Clearly not what I said/meant. For Baines to go from Everton to Liverpool this season, who let's face it are going to both finish with very similar seasons, would be a much much more disloyal thing to do, than for Rooney to go to arguably the biggest club on the planet at the time.
cant fault that argument. baines wont go unless its a top 4 side here or abroad

You say that but Liverpool are as big as United and are on the up now. Everton are struggling and without an investor are only going to get worse, you cannot expect to keep your best players.

No, he was great at wigan. Rumours of him to all the big clubs before he signed at you.
Anyway, could you really blame him for wanting to jump ship from a team on the down?
Lol who are you to say we're a club on the way down? Since 2004 these are our league finishes - 4th, 11th, 6th, 5th, 5th, 8th. And no reason why we can't finish top 8 again this season. We never fulfill are potential, and definitely need backing financially, but in no way are we a team on the down, nor do I see signs of it.

(From a month or so ago)
http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/20m-paul-konchesky-replacement-would-love-liverpoo

Liverpool have been boosted in the race to sign Portuguese international left back Fabio Coentrao.

The Benfica defender has been linked with an Anfield switch in recent months, and has now revealed his personal feelings towards Kenny Dalglish's Liverpool side.

"I love Liverpool," Coentrao is re-quoted as saying on Live4Liverpool.

The 11 cap international also admitted that it was nice to be tracked by Real Madrid, and that being coached by the 'Special One' would be difficult to turn down.

"Who would not want to be coached by Mourinho?”

A product of the Rio Ave youth system, Coentrao joined Benfica in 2007. After three loans the following season, the player settled well into the Águias first team and has been a regular for the past two years.

Manchester United have also previously taken an interest in the player, and were again linked less than a week ago by the Daily Mail.

It is Liverpool who have been following the player more closely in recent months though, with scouts reportedly sent to watch the 22-year-old wingback at the Estádio da Luz.

Dalglish has been promised money to spend at Anfield by the club's new owners, NESV, and a left back is thought to be high on the Liverpool agenda in an effort to cover the under-performing Paul Konchesky.

The Reds would hope to negotiate a deal lower than the £20 million valuation, and Liverpool could face competition for the player were an offer for the highly-rated player accepted.

You say that but Liverpool are as big as United and are on the up now. Everton are struggling and without an investor are only going to get worse, you cannot expect to keep your best players.
Lol I do not know who you are kidding. Did you not go out to Braga midweek? Just cos you've got a new manager won a few games doesn't mean ****. If we got the takeover you did, we'd already have taken over Merseyside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back