The Transfer Rumour Thread 2010/11

• Thread starter Thread starter Lee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 307K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol who are you to say we're a club on the way down? Since 2004 these are our league finishes - 4th, 11th, 6th, 5th, 5th, 8th. And no reason why we can't finish top 8 again this season. We never fulfill are potential, and definitely need backing financially, but in no way are we a team on the down, nor do I see signs of it.

With your **** financial backing, a manager who cannot take you any further with the funds available, and losing of players. Your key players won't want to continue to be there, since you're a team stuck in the middle of the league. You're considerably weaker since a 2,3 years ago. You've got Beckford up front, who not even Leeds fans thought was that good. Face it.

who cares about everton liverpool. this is about the transfer itself.

its from the news of the world, chances of him going are slim to none, stop bickering. Beside United pwns the pair of you, and if he was going to any reds, its more likely to be us

Lol I do not know who you are kidding. Did you not go out to Braga midweek? Just cos you've got a new manager won a few games doesn't mean ****. If we got the takeover you did, we'd already have taken over Merseyside.

Oh, really? Would Andy Carroll and Suarez have wanted to go to Everton? No.

With your **** financial backing, a manager who cannot take you any further with the funds available, and losing of players. Your key players won't want to continue to be there, since you're a team stuck in the middle of the league. You're considerably weaker since a 2,3 years ago. You've got Beckford up front, who not even Leeds fans thought was that good. Face it.
Lol and you've got N'Gog.

---------- Post added at 02:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 AM ----------

Oh, really? Would Andy Carroll and Suarez have wanted to go to Everton? No.
If we had the money, why not? Who were City before they had money? That's like saying would Carlos Tevez and David Silva go to City?

Lol and you've got N'Gog.

---------- Post added at 02:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 AM ----------

If we had the money, why not? Who were City before they had money? That's like saying would Carlos Tevez and David Silva go to City?
As Mike. said this isn't the place, if you wanna continue this with me, do it by other means.

Lol I do not know who you are kidding. Did you not go out to Braga midweek? Just cos you've got a new manager won a few games doesn't mean ****. If we got the takeover you did, we'd already have taken over Merseyside.

You sad, deluded Everton fan. Go and dream somewhere else.

As Mike. said this isn't the place, if you wanna continue this with me, do it by other means.
In other words, I don't have an answer, you win.

---------- Post added at 02:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 AM ----------

You sad, deluded Everton fan. Go and dream somewhere else.
Deluded, coming from the guy who's just said Liverpool are as big as United.

I favour gladiatorial fight to the death, personally.

----------------------------------

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/footb...castle-to-taye-taiwo-signing-102039-23001318/
Aston VILLA boss Gerard Houllier is eager to win the race for Marseille’s Nigerian international left-back Taye Taiwo.

Houllier wants the powerful Taiwo, 25, and is keen to beat NEWCASTLE to his signature – with a deal close as the French-based defender will become a free agent in the summer.

Taiwo can sign a pre-contract agreement because his talks with Marseille have broken down.
The imposing defender had a solid game against Manchester United in the Champions League last week when he was drafted in to mark Nani.

Taiwo’s arrival would mean out-of-favour Stephen Warnock will be allowed to go for a bargain fee. His wages put off WIGAN when the Latics tried for him in January.

Toon boss Alan Pardew has missed out on another top target as Feyenoord striker Luc Castaignos is joining European champions INTER MILAN.

Chief scout Graham Carr has paid three visits to Rotterdam this year but the 18-year-old has agreed a three-year-deal with Inter – although Feyenoord hope to get him back on loan next season.

I doubt Houllier will be here long enough to sign him at this rate, nor will he want to come to a club who is playing like we are.

you had your warnings

---------- Post added at 03:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 AM ----------

Very mature, mr mod.
My point stands re: any transfer, and if you see where both sides currently are what i said was true. And considering your responses, what moral ground do you have to stand on?

Any move by Baines would be a CL side for a hefty fee, certainly not his arch rivals who are yet to be guaranteed any European football

Last edited:
Taiwo signed a pre-contract with Benfica, the reason Coentrao's expected to leave. Look on the prior page :wub:

Well well. Didn't expect it to happen anyway, but a good signing by Benfica. Well, that's narrowed things down.

Just once we get rid of Houllier, anyway...

so you hate him again? you've been uncharacteristically fickle re: Houllier

Mmm, I admit it. To be honest, it's because he's done so many things with such drastic differences in quality.

In his defence, our attack is much improved and our style of football occasionally extremely good. He's brought in players like Bent and Makoun, top class players for our level. He's also undone much of the bad work from the MoN reign, getting rid of overpaid players and trimming a bloated squad. He's also brought through youth in a way MoN never did, and players like Downing have thrived this season. I wanted him out before January, but then he worked some magic in the transfer market and I decided to give him more time.

On the other hand, results have been absolutely dreadful. Our defence, once one of the most solid in the country, now looks like conceding every time the ball comes into our half. We're in genuine danger of relegation. Houllier has also managed to alienate a whole bunch of players, at first I thought this was the players' fault but honestly if so many of them hate him, there must be some reason. Most of all, he's lost the fans. The fans utterly despise him, and even his staunchest supporters are now calling for his head. Playing a weakened team in the FA cup was nothing short of lunacy, god knows what he was thinking but that was the tipping point. Losing 1-0, at home, to Wolves of all people has just exacerbated this slope of dislike for him.

I think we've got to the point now where no more time can be given. We are in true danger of relegation, and no club is too big to go down. I'm worried for our future, and he has to go.

Villa looked like they were in a bit of form and gaining momentum before the City game though, missed opportunities with Bolton and losing the game lost it all completely, and it looks as if you're imploding now.

I liked him :D Bit annoyed he left, but, you gotta do what you gotta do.

Also, if Baines was to go to L'Pool, i would actually ********* within my pantaloons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back