The Transfer Rumour Thread 2010/11

• Thread starter Thread starter Lee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 307K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Transfer rumour according to my local newspaper Evening Gazzette......

Connor Wickham - Spurs 18M
David de Gea - Man Utd 20M+
Gianluca Buffon - Arsenal (free transfer in summer)

lawl don't be silly.

18m for Wickham? Who do you think we are? City?

lawl don't be silly.

18m for Wickham? Who do you think we are? City?

Nope Spurs the club who down the years have spent a lot of money on strikers only for them to fail...

Nope Spurs the club who down the years have spent a lot of money on strikers only for them to fail...

Yes, proven strikers. Not unproven championship strikers. Redknapp said a week ago that he was put of making a bid for Wickham as they wanted 10m.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is planning a major clearout of his squad this summer with at least seven players set to depart.

Out
Eboue, Arshavin, Clichy, Denilson, Rosicky, Almunia, Bendtner

Wenger is looking to sign the following players as replacements

Baines, Hazard, Chamberlain, P.Jones, M.Neuer

Full story: Daily Mail

Eboue I don't see going anywhere, especially when we have no real back-up. Arshavin may go if we get a good enough offer from someone, but I doubt we will. Hopefully Clichy will stay and I reckon Bendtner probably will as well. Denilson, Rosicky and Almunia hopefully go.

Neuer is a definate no, Wenger wouldn't buy a keeper that would impede the progress of Szczesny. An older keeper (Early 30s ) is far more likely. Don't see us going back for Chamberlain as his price will be massively inflated now, probably the same with Jones. Hopefully we get Hazard and I wouldn't mind Baines if Clichy left, but I think he will re-sign.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is planning a major clearout of his squad this summer with at least seven players set to depart.

Out
Eboue, Arshavin, Clichy, Denilson, Rosicky, Almunia, Bendtner

Wenger is looking to sign the following players as replacements

Baines, Hazard, Chamberlain, P.Jones, M.Neuer

Full story: Daily Mail

Doubt that majorly. He's not that type of manager, and he won't spend on a new goalkeeper now with Sckezeskzesy in net.

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

It's been denied that that's true.

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

Italian press claiming LFC have bid 13 million for Juan Manuel Vargas

ALEX FERGUSON is facing a Manchester United keeper crisis.

Edwin van der Sar is retiring and now No2 Tomasz Kuszczak wants a move.
The Polish international is fed up of waiting for his chance to be United's main man between the posts.
Kuszczak even hit out at boss Fergie for holding him back.
He said: "I'm definitely leaving the club. My time in Manchester is coming to an end.
"I've worked hard for five years but I never played as much as I wanted.
"It's a shame the manager didn't really give me a chance.
"I always believed I can be Edwin van der Sar's successor. Unfortunately, Sir Alex has decided differently.
"Even though I played many games, I spent most of my time on the bench.
"I accepted that as I had a great rival, one of the world's best keepers, and Manchester was the only club where I could accept that role for so long.
"But I've had enough of waiting. I want to play in Euro 2012. Staying here I could be left out by Poland's coach.
"I spoke to Alex Ferguson about my role on many occasions.
"The manager was in a difficult position. But he also knew Edwin is retiring after this season so he could give me a few more chances to play.
"We didn't speak that much to convince me next year I can be No1."
Fergie has been linked with moves for Atletico Madrid's David De Gea and Lyon's Hugo Lloris.
Kuszczak, 29, added: "I'd probably be No2 for the next few years. I don't want that."
Additional reporting by Tom Wlodarczyk.

THE SUN (ALSO ON SS)​

Manchester City are set for another sensational summer of spending with Arsenal's Jack Wilshere lined up as a staggering £40million target.

The England international, 19, has been earmarked by the big-spending Eastlands club as the man to bring a creative spark into the centre of their midfield.

And City - bankrolled by the billions of Sheik Mansour - are prepared to double Wilshere's current £55,000-a-week deal at the Emirates.

With Arsenal already set for a massive summer clearout - misfiring stars Nicklas Bendtner, Gael Clichy and Andrey Arshavin are tipped for the exit door - Wilshere is the one name boss Arsene Wenger wants to keep to build his new team around.

But, according to the News of the World, they will have to fend off the advances of the richest club in the world to keep future England captain-elect Wilshere.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... swoop.html

If this happens....LOL! :D

Even if it was a credible source [Which it isn't] Wilshere knows if he is to be an England regular he has to stat at Arsenal, or at least a team where he will play week in week out with players along side him that can benefit his game.

Manchester City are set for another sensational summer of spending with Arsenal's Jack Wilshere lined up as a staggering £40million target.

The England international, 19, has been earmarked by the big-spending Eastlands club as the man to bring a creative spark into the centre of their midfield.

And City - bankrolled by the billions of Sheik Mansour - are prepared to double Wilshere's current £55,000-a-week deal at the Emirates.

With Arsenal already set for a massive summer clearout - misfiring stars Nicklas Bendtner, Gael Clichy and Andrey Arshavin are tipped for the exit door - Wilshere is the one name boss Arsene Wenger wants to keep to build his new team around.

But, according to the News of the World, they will have to fend off the advances of the richest club in the world to keep future England captain-elect Wilshere.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... swoop.html

If this happens....LOL! :D

...no. If this happens, it'll be then end of Jack Wilshere's stunning career.

Arsenal look to £10m Baines to bolster demoralised squad. I can only see this happening if (and a big if at that) Clichy leaves this summer, which I doubt.

...no. If this happens, it'll be then end of Jack Wilshere's stunning career.

Arsenal look to £10m Baines to bolster demoralised squad. I can only see this happening if (and a big if at that) Clichy leaves this summer, which I doubt.

Well....i dont think it will happen either. Arsenal aren't in a position where they need to sell for financial reasons. He is also their academy product so there is another reason why they wouldn't sell him.

But..a central midfield of Wilshere-Yaya-De Jong would be immense.

But as i said...it's VERY unlikely that it would ever happen. Probly just a name from the hat by the source...

If Wilshere joins City for that amount, I will personally send Carlos Tevez a serenading video confessing my love to him and plead him to come back to Manchester United. (Even though I hate the ******)

Phil Thompson has said on Norweigan TV that Jose Enrique is apparently a done deal to Liverpool.Obviously not that reliable, but interesting.

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

Liverpool to Make Ibrahim Afellay Bid « Liverpool FC News
Also.

---------- Post added 11/04/2011 at 09:45 AM ---------- Previous post was 10/04/2011 at 04:11 PM ----------

Here's the link to the Enrique video.
YouTube - Thompson: José Enrique To Liverpool A "Done Deal"

Phil Thompson has said on Norweigan TV that Jose Enrique is apparently a done deal to Liverpool.Obviously not that reliable, but interesting.

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

Here's the link to the Enrique video.
YouTube - Thompson: José Enrique To Liverpool A "Done Deal"

Jose has already said he has no intention to leave, but he won't sign a contract until we are mathematically safe. He is loved by the fans, and Newcastle have stood by him after a indifferent 1st season, same with Jonas and Coloccini.

Honestly hope he stays, as he is our best player, more so than Barton Nolan and Tiote.

Transfer rumour according to my local newspaper Evening Gazzette......

Connor Wickham - Spurs 18M
David de Gea - Man Utd 20M+
Gianluca Buffon - Arsenal (free transfer in summer)

Connor Wickham has signed a new contract, not that it means it won't happen. Just looks more unlikely, unless Spurs part with the kind of cash mentioned.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

in other news...

Manchester United Plan £45m Serie A Pair Attack Raid

Manchester United are reportedly planning significant bids for Serie A pair Alexis Sanchez and Marek Hamsik as Sir Alex Ferguson looks to freshen up his Old Trafford squad. It is thought that the Scot will make offers for both players in preference to moves for Premier League targets Ashley Young and Jordan Henderson.

Source: Caughtoffside.com

Alex McLeish wants Motherwell winger Chris Humphrey and Dundee Utd striker David Goodwillie

I would only take anything over £1m for Humphrey

I honestly don't give a toss if PIG wants to leave, we've got Lindegaard & Amos for cover, and I'm confident we'll sign De Gea tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back